5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

If you think that's lucky, Belinda pulled Chrom, Marx/Xander, and Camilla (all the focus characters she wanted) in this banner with a total of only 80 orbs.

She has a ridiculous luck asset in real life.

The fact that she has you as her S-support partner (do you mean "IRL" instead of "URL" in the member title?) may be giving her an insane Luck boost during pair-up.

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I made another pull on Monday.  The fact that I completely forgot to do a write-up for this summon should give y'all an indication of how it was, but for the sake of completion and/or your viewing pleasure, here it is.

Round 25 Pulls

Spoiler

Round 25 [Spring Festival]: 3* Lissa [+Spd, -HP] || 3* Lissa [+Spd, -Def] || 3* Matthew [+Res, -HP] || 3* Henry [+HP, -Atk] || 4* Abel [+Spd, -Def]

Ok, this summoning session was not terrible per say.  Two new units is always nice, and the natures were primarily decent-kinda good.  With that being said, however, it was pretty underwhelming, and no one likes underwhelming (especially not in the current f2p orb drought).

• I will say that extra speed on Lissa can be kind of nice.  She starts off in a decidedly crap speed tier, so getting her up to 28 speed can be very helpful in this meta.  Unfortunately, it is not worth sacrificing defenses on a healer for that purpose, especially Lissa, since her bulk is borderline passable at neutral.  Still, Lissa is adorable, so I'm alright with inferior clones of her.
  • Matthew's resistance is too awful to salvage in the first place, so this nature is about as sub-par as they come.  I'll stick with Neutral, thank you very much.
  • Ooooooooo, I'm quite pleased with getting a Henry for my collection.  Tragically, Henry cannot afford to have a -Atk nature if he ever hopes to inflict damage, which makes this particular Henry about as useful as my -Atk Caeda.  At least Henry can live a hit from colorless and green units?
  • And then finally, I'm actually pretty happy with my first Abel.  30 speed is legitimately excellent for a brave weapon user, which will hopefully serve to balance out his slightly pitiful defensive spread.  I don't think he is quite as good as Sully at countering reds on the whole, but he has been working out decently thus far as a weaker player-turn nuke.

I should be able to get one more guaranteed summon before the Spring banner ends (mayhaps two if the 10 billion points orbs actually arrive in a timely manner), so there is still a bit of a time to get lucky, i guess... I can still always shed my f2p ways, but I'm semi-confident that these easter units will be back in a year or so, so it is not particularly worth losing that particular badge of honor.

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to reaching my attachment limit, all the pretty summoning pictures will be stored here: http://imgur.com/a/Ftyat

1 minute ago, red-and-soulless said:

I can still always shed my f2p ways, but I'm semi-confident that these easter units will be back in a year or so, so it is not particularly worth losing that particular badge of honor.

Stay strong, young one.

You need not join the money feeders in their endeavors, free to players make up the majority of people who play this game. Be one of them!

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The fact that she has you as her S-support partner (do you mean "IRL" instead of "URL" in the member title?) may be giving her an insane Luck boost during pair-up.

I have a luck flaw man. If anything I don't give her any bonuses there and she gives me any bonus (since my pulls have been better ever since plotting to get her a ring in February).

And thank you. I'm on mobile when I edited it so I didn't see the autocorrect typo.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, in one final attempt to get one of the bunnies, I went ahead and purchased 75 more orbs for $40 for four more full pulls. Please enjoy the sad story of my life:

Spoiler

Pull #29. First, I got a set with only one Green and no Blue. Pulled the sole Green and got 4* Nino.

j4Amirq.png

GAME, SERIOUSLY, STOP GIVING ME BARTRE. I have like six of them now.

Pull #30

AaOrJ33.png

Things were looking mighty grim with ANOTHER BARTRE but at least this pull gave me a new character in the form of Camilla.

Pull #31 was so lame I didn't even care about getting a screenshot. It was 4* Stahl, and 3* Corrin!F, Serra, Fir and Donnell. Then I got a set with again, only one Green, and I got... you guessed it, 4* NINO.

So now I'm at 19 Orbs and I go do the daily quest to get the extra Orb for one last full pull. I debate if I should go for it. On one hand, my luck has just been awful with seven consecutive full pulls and no Fivers, but at this point the Drop Rate in the Easter Focus is at 9.5%, so it's tempting to go ahead. I'd say fuck that, YOLO man! Last set gave me a Red, a Colorless, a Green and two Blues. Not bad.

Check out the last straw of my (un)lucky streak. Ladies and Gentlelords, Pull #32:

Spoiler

eqlanq6.png

LUUUUUUCYYYYYYYYYYYY.

BUT THAT WASN'T THE END.

7aY9SZP.png

LUCINA BROUGHT HER EVIL BUNNY TWIN. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry (of happiness).

Anyway, was this whole thing worth it? I'm not sure, but I definitely don't feel bad in the end. At least, no more money into this game for a while. Unless Micaiah shows up in the next focus. Maybe. Who knows.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

21 minutes ago, Jave said:

Well, in one final attempt to get one of the bunnies, I went ahead and purchased 75 more orbs for $40 for four more full pulls. Please enjoy the sad story of my life:

Reveal hidden contents

Pull #29. First, I got a set with only one Green and no Blue. Pulled the sole Green and got 4* Nino.

j4Amirq.png

Pull #30

AaOrJ33.png

Things were looking mighty grim with ANOTHER BARTRE but at least this pull gave me a new character in the form of Camilla.

Pull #31 was so lame I didn't even care about getting a screenshot. It was 4* Stahl, and 3* Corrin!F, Serra, Fir and Donnell. Then I got a set with again, only one Green, and I got... you guessed it, 4* NINO.

So now I'm at 19 Orbs and I go do the daily quest to get the extra Orb for one last full pull. I debate if I should go for it. On one hand, my luck has just been awful with seven consecutive full pulls and no Fivers, but at this point the Drop Rate in the Easter Focus is at 9.5%, so it's tempting to go ahead. I'd say fuck that, YOLO man! Last set gave me a Red, a Colorless, a Green and two Blues. Not bad.

Check out the last straw of my (un)lucky streak. Ladies and Gentlelords, Pull #32:

Reveal hidden contents

eqlanq6.png

LUUUUUUCYYYYYYYYYYYY.

BUT THAT WASN'T THE END.

7aY9SZP.png

LUCINA BROUGHT HER EVIL BUNNY TWIN. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry (of happiness).

Anyway, was this whole thing worth it? I'm not sure, but I definitely don't feel bad in the end. At least, no more money into this game for a while. Unless Micaiah shows up in the next focus. Maybe. Who knows.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

Tsk Tsk tsk, 40 dollars down the drain.

And what did you get? Axes

Axes here

Axes there

Here, there, and everywhere:

Axes

Spoiler

At least you can give everyone on your team smite!

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Stay strong, young one.

You need not join the money feeders in their endeavors, free to players make up the majority of people who play this game. Be one of them!

I shall try, oh wise one.

I feel obligated to support the game at some point in the future, but today need not be that day...

@Jave Congrats on the Bunny Mages!  It's a shame it took 40 smackaroos to acquire them, but there's no point regretting that now :^_^:

Edited by red-and-soulless

58 minutes ago, Jave said:

Oh, I know that feeling just too well. He just doesn't stop showing up. Usually together with Barst. Honestly I pulled both of the duo around 10 times already, but never Beruka. And no 4* Bartre either.

Nevertheless, congrats to your Lucina. About the worth? Thought so when I got my Nino, but after spending over 100$ and not pulling Ninian I was not so sure anymore and decided not to spend more money. But the high drop rates are tempting as hell.

Edited by M.T. Cicero

@Jave congratulations on lucina! I've yet to get either of them. On my part I stopped pulling on the easter focus because I ended up getting Julia and the rate was resetted. I pulled on Navarre's and chances are at 7%, but decided to try my luck with wyvern banner but got nothing more than BARTRE, a barst and a gunter (6.5%). Now Idk where to drop the rest of the orbs I have.

Thank you Twitter~!  I'm up to 123 units pulled!

Spoiler

Iu6ZEeW.jpg

- Lissa (neutral): So I pulled a higher rarity of the free Lissa.  Welp, Lucius thanks you for Renewal/Rehabilitate!
- Est (+Spd/-Atk): I have mixed feelings about this.  I'll stick to the neutral one I have.
- Bartre (+Res/-Spd): Oh would you look at that, he gains four Res!  This is where I replace Fury with Defiant Atk and facepalm.
- Peri (+Def/-Atk): Looks like she'll live and die off of her procs.  Hopefully, buffs will save her.
- Gaius (+Def/-Spd): This is literally the reverse of my 4* one.  Looks like I found Bartre's Defiant Atk!

Lissa, of all units, saved this pull.  Lucius really needs her skills!

I just pulled Spring Chrom last night - the one I was aiming for since the start of the banner, so I'm happy about that! - and a 4* Kagero. Finally I will be able to use her Poison Dagger to my advantage instead of (what I feel like is) constantly fighting against it...

Edited by Dolce

5 hours ago, M.T. Cicero said:

Oh, I know that feeling just too well. He just doesn't stop showing up.

I FEEL BOTH OF YOU.  I've gotten at least 4 Bartres.  Maybe 5.  The 4* one I have right now is lvl 1+2 so you know how many 4* Bartres alone I've pulled *facepalm* Here I am trying to get a Bunny Camilla as a souvenir for the Spring Festival, and despite spending like 50 orbs and only pulling green orbs, she has not showed up.

I tried pulling on the wyvern banner this morning. First pull came up with three reds and two blues, got a 3* Tsubaki and backed out. Second came with two reds and one of each other color. Decided to full pull it and got trash.

1 hour ago, mewyeon said:

I FEEL BOTH OF YOU.  I've gotten at least 4 Bartres.  Maybe 5.  The 4* one I have right now is lvl 1+2 so you know how many 4* Bartres alone I've pulled *facepalm* Here I am trying to get a Bunny Camilla as a souvenir for the Spring Festival, and despite spending like 50 orbs and only pulling green orbs, she has not showed up.

Should've kept them to make a team where everyone has smite.

Meanwhile

The plot thickens

Spoiler

A full day has passed

Our brave warrior, Arcanite, has traversed many battle fields in the current voting gauntlet. 

After a hard day of advocating, recruiting, fighting, and supporting their princess in the name of Macedon, Arcanite realized that there is still one more thing they hasn't decided on yet:

The 123 orbs beckon their name.

But the previous day, Arcanite received reports of 2 horrible pulls and gained the strength to last 2 more days

But a certain, unamed, summoner gave Arcanite some information that could change his decision. And that decision would, in turn, change everything. The other traveler approaches.

"Greetings, Arcanite!"

"Well, well, well, if it isn't _____! Any particular reason why you're here? Or did you come to hang out? We still have Smirnoff from yesterday, heh"

"As much as I want to get twisted, that's not what I came here for. But thanks for the offer!"

"Well it must be serious, then"

"Indeed......... I have received special news about the next banner as I was leaving the grand hero battle event." *pulls out scroll, and hands to Arcanite*

Arcanite notices the knobs on the scroll are shaped like lightning, and the paper is slightly charred. 'Perhaps a clue', they think before opening.

"This better not be another one of your j-"

Our warrior looks up, and no one is there

"You can't be serious....." they say in a muttered, but serious tone

Arcanite opens the scroll and examines what is inside:

Spoiler

Weapon Skills

Mjölnir / Mjölnir+

Mt: 9 / 13

Range: 2

Effect: Accelerates special trigger (Cooldown Count -1).

Thor Hammer

Mt: 14

Preceding Skill: Mjölnir

Forblaze

Effect: Atk +4 when unit initiates combat.

Preceding Skill: Bolganone

Mercurius

Mt: 16

Range: 1

Effect: If target has a sword, it can't make a follow-up attack and this unit will.

Preceding Skill: Silver Sword

Swordreaver / Swordreaver+

Mt: 7 / 11

Effect: Reverses weapon triangle effects

Lancereaver / Lancereaver+

Axereaver / Axereaver+

Amiti

Mt: 9

Effect: Spd -5. Attack twice when initiating combat. Adjacent allies recover 5 HP after any combat this unit initiates.

Preceding Skill: Brave Sword

Ragnell

Effect: Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.

Alondite

Flame Lance / Flame Lance+

Mt: 11 / 15

Effect: Magical Weapon.

Sonic Sword / Sonic Sword+

Bolt Axe / Bolt Axe+

Passive A

Wrath- Special trigger accelerates when HP <= 75%

Restrictions: None

Quixotic- Reduces cooldown count to 1 for both unit and foes if HP >= 75%

Passive C

Canto- Move a number of spaces less than the amount already moved after any combat this unit initiates.

Restrictions: Cavalry units only.

Special

Fury Balm- When healing ally with a staff, cooldown count -1 to all allies.

Cooldown: 1

Focus: Heroes of Thunder

Ishtar (Thor Hammer) Blue Infantry

Ophelia (Mjolnir+) Green Infantry

Libra (Bolt Axe) Green Infantry

Black Knight (Alondite) Red Armor

Focus: Heroes of Flames

Athos (Forblaze) Red Infantry

Petrine (Flame Lance) Blue Cavalier

Ike (Ragnell) Red Infantry

Astram (Mercurius) Red Infantry

Arcanite cannot even comprehend what is happening. Where did this scroll come from? How did ______ get a hold of it? Why did they leave so suddenly and suspiciously? But the most important question;

Is this scroll true? If it is, and the next focus is what is inside of the scroll, Arcanite may have saved their orbs with good reason!

Is this real?

Will Arcanite believe what is in here, or will they find out even more about this "focus"?

Fund out on the next episode of: Orb Hoarderz X

Spoiler alert about this "focus"

Spoiler

It's not real

Spoiler

Maybe :P

Edited by Arcanite

As I reached 17 orbs, I decided to do one more pull on the wyvern banner. I don't yet have Minerva, I said to myself.

The first set of orbs was green, green, blue, grey, red. They contained a 3⋆ Bartre (number four), a 3⋆ Frederick (first), a 3⋆ Gwendy (second), and a 4⋆ Wrys (technically fourth).
Then I said, fuck it, gave in and bought 23 more orbs. (sorry @Arcanite) This let me finish this set (a 3⋆ Stahl, technically second) and start a new one: green, grey, grey, blue, red.

I opened my green orb, and there was

pJADp1C.png

A divinely adorable dragon!

The rest of the set was pretty nice as well, featuring mostly units I've never had (Fae, Jakob, Azama) and I wanted to get (Abel). Also there was my second Seliph:

RuxEBQy.png

Sharena can rejoice, for she will now take up Swordbreaker from my previous Abel.

Flaws and assets of the gang:

⋆⋆⋆ Wrys   +HP −Res
⋆⋆⋆ Bartre   +Res −HP
⋆⋆⋆ Frederick C +HP −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Gwendy A +Atk −HP
⋆⋆⋆⋆ Wrys   +HP −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Stahl C +HP −Spd
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Fae   +Atk −Def
⋆⋆⋆⋆ Jakob   +HP −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Azama   +Res −Atk
⋆⋆⋆⋆ Abel C +Res −HP
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Seliph   +HP −Def

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Meanwhile

The plot thickens

Reveal hidden contents

A full day has passed

Our brave warrior, Arcanite, has traversed many battle fields in the current voting gauntlet. 

After a hard day of advocating, recruiting, fighting, and supporting their princess in the name of Macedon, Arcanite realized that there is still one more thing they hasn't decided on yet:

But the previous day, Arcanite received reports of 2 horrible pulls and gained the strength to last 2 more days

But a certain, unamed, summoner gave Arcanite some information that could change his decision. And that decision would, in turn, change everything. The other traveler approaches.

"Greetings, Arcanite!"

"Well, well, well, if it isn't _____! Any particular reason why you're here? Or did you come to hang out? We still have Smirnoff from yesterday, heh"

"As much as I want to get twisted, that's not what I came here for. But thanks for the offer!"

"Indeed......... I have received special news about the next banner as I was leaving the grand hero battle event." *pulls out scroll, and hands to Arcanite*

Arcanite notices the knobs on the scroll are shaped like lightning, and the paper is slightly charred. 'Perhaps a clue', they think before opening.

Reveal hidden contents

Weapon Skills

Mjölnir / Mjölnir+

Thor Hammer

Forblaze

Mercurius

Effect: If target has a sword, it can't make a follow-up attack and this unit will.

Axereaver / Axereaver+

Amiti

Effect: Spd -5. Attack twice when initiating combat. Adjacent allies recover 5 HP after any combat this unit initiates.

Ragnell

Alondite

Bolt Axe / Bolt Axe+

Passive A

Passive C

Canto- Move a number of spaces less than the amount already moved after any combat this unit initiates.

Special

Arcanite cannot even comprehend what is happening. Where did this scroll come from? How did ______ get a hold of it? Why did they leave so suddenly and suspiciously? But the most important question;

Is this scroll true? If it is, and the next focus is what is inside of the scroll, Arcanite may have saved their orbs with good reason!

Is this real?

Will Arcanite believe what is in here, or will they find out even more about this "focus"?

Reveal hidden contents

It's not real

Reveal hidden contents

I sincerely hope reaver weapons never become a thing.  It's basically giving every unit a second weapon type, with skill inheritance.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I sincerely hope reaver weapons never become a thing.  It's basically giving every unit a second weapon type, with skill inheritance.

Raoureaver might bring greens into prominence, Blareaver might push them into the shadows. Gronnreaver awaits the verdict of the prior observation.

At any rate, it'll make choosing the unit to send into a batch of enemies trickier, and make teambuilding an odd bundle. Imagine choosing whether you want your unit to have a reaver or not in terms of their companion's abilities to pick up the slack.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

As I reached 17 orbs, I decided to do one more pull on the wyvern banner. I don't yet have Minerva, I said to myself.

The first set of orbs was green, green, blue, grey, red. They contained a 3⋆ Bartre (number four), a 3⋆ Frederick (first), a 3⋆ Gwendy (second), and a 4⋆ Wrys (technically fourth).
Then I said, fuck it, gave in and bought 23 more orbs. (sorry @Arcanite) This let me finish this set (a 3⋆ Stahl, technically second) and start a new one: green, grey, grey, blue, red.

I opened my green orb, and there was

Hide contents

pJADp1C.png

A divinely adorable dragon!

The rest of the set was pretty nice as well, featuring mostly units I've never had (Fae, Jakob, Azama) and I wanted to get (Abel). Also there was my second Seliph:

Reveal hidden contents

RuxEBQy.png

Sharena can rejoice, for she will now take up Swordbreaker from my previous Abel.

Flaws and assets of the gang:

Reveal hidden contents

⋆⋆⋆ Wrys   +HP −Res
⋆⋆⋆ Bartre   +Res −HP
⋆⋆⋆ Frederick C +HP −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Gwendy A +Atk −HP
⋆⋆⋆⋆ Wrys   +HP −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Stahl C +HP −Spd
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Fae   +Atk −Def
⋆⋆⋆⋆ Jakob   +HP −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Azama   +Res −Atk
⋆⋆⋆⋆ Abel C +Res −HP
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Seliph   +HP −Def

So you caved huh?

Spoiler

58dcfc33b8560_images(1).jpg.365d88d6dc8634a7a896fa41b23298d9.jpg

I'd tell you congrats, but Fae is a little meh to me. So happy days for sword breaker 3!

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So you caved huh?

Reveal hidden contents

58dcfc33b8560_images(1).jpg.365d88d6dc8634a7a896fa41b23298d9.jpg

I'd tell you congrats, but Fae is a little meh to me. So happy days for sword breaker 3!

Yeah I did. It's only one time, I promise!

My previous Abel was −Atk (even though +Spd), so he retired, teaching Sharena a secret of breaking swords before he left.
That Seliph is amusingly identical to my previous one so I have no idea what to do with him. I'll figure something out though.

No idea about Fae as well. If she were Hawkeye, I'd sure have known how to use him (hint: +Atk Gordin), but she isn't.

Well, no luck with the Spring Focus.  So far I've only got Camilla.  I'd like to get any of the others.

So it figures I only get Reds and Grays, twice in a row.  The only thing I got of note was 4* Lachesis, who's new to me.

I might just 5* Wrys, just for the heck of it.  I'm sure I'd be very glad I did.

14 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Meanwhile

The plot thickens

Hide contents

A full day has passed

"Greetings, Arcanite!"

Hide contents

Weapon Skills

Mjölnir / Mjölnir+

Thor Hammer

Forblaze

Mercurius

Axereaver / Axereaver+

Amiti

Ragnell

Alondite

Bolt Axe / Bolt Axe+

Passive A

Passive C

Special

Is this real?

Reveal hidden contents

It's not real

Reveal hidden contents

I swear if this is true I'm hoarding orbs starting now.

4 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

It's not real though heh heh

Spoiler

Or is it?

Spoiler

No its not 

Spoiler

Maybe

30 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

If Elinica does end up getting Amiti, I see her being kinda cruddy as a unit.  She likely won't have very high attack and suffer like Draug from not being able to damage anything.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

If Elinica does end up getting Amiti, I see her being kinda cruddy as a unit.  She likely won't have very high attack and suffer like Draug from not being able to damage anything.

Just gotta make it a 15Might +3Def/Res Brave weapon.