Got a sudden craving to pull for Alm so I decided to chuck a few more orbs into the current banner and hunt for reds. 

Ofc, my first go through didn't have any reds at all, so I ended up with my normal Niles (seriously, Jakob, Klein... why you no pull for me?). 

Second round, get a dupe 5* Sanaki. There's so many unique five star reds I want - Karel, Eldigan, Alm... I really didn't care for a dupe Sanaki. That being said, she's a pretty strong unit so I'll possibly merge them since I don't want to waste a 5* just for TA, when the only unit I'm desperate for TA on (M!Robin) already has it. 

Several goes net me - 4* Chrom (gonna see if he's better than the Chrom who is just finishing levelling up to 40), 4* Sophia (eh), 3* Lon'qu (fodder yay), Olivia (fodder yay), Stahl (keep bringing that fodder), Lissa (again, no reds), A!Tiki... and then I blurt out... come on, just give me something I don't have - Eirika, M!Corrin, Seliph, Tharja (I'm lacking many a red)... 

Surprisingly, the game listens and I get my first Seliph - 4*. This makes me happy, but I pull for my final round... And out pops Alm, too ^.^ I'm happy enough with this and use my remaining orbs in the hopes of getting Klein or Jakob... Clarine and Niles join me once more xD Oh well, I have the Alm I was looking for. 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made my one pull from Battling Zephiel.

• 4* Selena: Triangle Adept 2 fodder.
  • 4* Chrom: Interesting, but 5* Lucina and Eirika are the only swords I really need. Sol might be handy on somebody.
  • 4* Lon'qu: Vantage 3 fodder.
  • 3* Saizo: This is the 7th or 8th by now. I don't even remember.
  • 3* Cecilia: Bleh.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I feel bad. Belinda and I spent 39 bucks on her account and she didn't get Alm. I get him on one roll.

Belinda? O-oh... yes, I-I see. Your S rank support. ;):

Don't be sad, alright? I also tried pulling Alm to no avail. At least I hope Belinda does get a good unit, whoever that is, after spending a lot of money for it.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I really want to pull blue from this banner for more copies of Reinhardt, but I absolutely fear getting more copies of Nowi. I've already gotten 7 copies of 5-star Nowi after spending 180,000 feathers building my current +10 Nowi. I feel like the game is trying to spite me.

not spite, the game's trying to tell you something...

four 5* +10 Nowi dream team

43 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Don't be sad, alright? I also tried pulling Alm to no avail. At least I hope Belinda does get a good unit, whoever that is, after spending a lot of money for it.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I feel bad. Belinda and I spent 39 bucks on her account and she didn't get Alm. I get him on one roll.

C'mon now, Rey. If S Support from Belinda gives you Luck Boost, surely you also have boosted her something.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've already gotten 7 copies of 5-star Nowi after spending 180,000 feathers building my current +10 Nowi. I feel like the game is trying to spite me.

At least it's a whole bunch of Lightning Breath+ if even more dragons you want to use come by.

1 hour ago, Lyrai said:

46 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

C'mon now, Rey. If S Support from Belinda gives you Luck Boost, surely you also have boosted her something.

She got a 5 star Lilina...

And *YET* another 5 star healer. Lachesis.

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

She got a 5 star Lilina...

And *YET* another 5 star healer. Lachesis.

Not the best, but not the worst. I'd say it's better to just live with what you have till there's more opportunities.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

'Grats! The goal is in sight!

I really want to pull blue from this banner for more copies of Reinhardt, but I absolutely fear getting more copies of Nowi. I've already gotten 7 copies of 5-star Nowi after spending 180,000 feathers building my current +10 Nowi. I feel like the game is trying to spite me.

Thank you! I've been working on her rather mindlessly since the game's beginning. I've been tempted to 5* several other heroes along the way, but I've always chosen to simply keep promoting my 4* Nowi(s) to 5* so that they may be merged to my primary one. And the ultimate result was as you saw; a 40+9 Nowi that is literally a few days away from 40+10 status. I more or less just need my 6000 feathers from the current Arena season and I'll finally be done with her. It feels rather satisfying that at least one of my units can finally reach whale status without me having to actually go full-whale on the game. At this point I'm quite convinced that a F2P player can get a 40+10 within 2-4 months if they consistently do well in the Arena and Voting Gauntlet, and solely focus on a hero that they have enough of. On a side note, I'm pretty sure my Nowi has at least 5000 SP's worth of skills at this point.

Also, if you have that many extra Nowi(s), you might as well go for it. You'll have enough Nowi(s) for a second 40+10 version of her, while also having the Reinhardt(s) you wanted in the first place. It's a win-win situation :Ninian:.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

@Ryu Yuki yeah, good for you living it up with your +10 Nowi. I'm happy for you :)

Meanwhile I banged my head against the wall for 8 hours straight because I wasted all my orbs on the new heroes banner when there's an increased chance to pull blues on the grand hero event AND those 2 blues would be perfect for me. Also, I've been searching for a Nowi for literally 70 years now. LITERALLY

Spoiler

SEVENTY FRICKING YEARS!!

GOSH FLIPPING FLIP FRICK!!!!

FRICK FRICK FRICK FRICK!!!!

I noticed that Frederick is in the new banner, so tried pulling for him twice, but to no avail.  I've received only about 239847293847293874 Arthurs now *sigh*.  Well, at least he'll be available as a 5* in the future.  I only have a 3* version of him atm, would love to have more cavalry units.  Reinhardt is holding the fort down but I'm getting so greedy for baes these days...

43 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Well, at least he'll be available as a 5* in the future.

Characters included in banners that are not the main banner don't get added to the 5-star pool after the banner expires.

51 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Well, at least he'll be available as a 5* in the future.

Nuh-uh. Frederick has always been in the pool since the first, as a 3* and 4* pull only. His appearance as a 5* is only for this banner, and once it's done... Frederick will go back to being a 3* and 4* only.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Characters included in banners that are not the main banner don't get added to the 5-star pool after the banner expires.

This only applies to heroes who don't have their 5* versions (3* & 4* only) in the main banner, right? Eliwood, Sophia, Selena, they are the other examples.

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

This only applies to heroes who don't have their 5* versions (3* & 4* only) in the main banner, right? Eliwood, Sophia, Selena, they are the other examples.

I mean, if they're already there, they're already there.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, if they're already there, they're already there.

I'd be happy to see them actually making into the 5* pool after appearing as a focus 5* unit in certain banners.

Edited by Lyrai

I just pulled Peri. -_-

Got a duplicate 4-star Roy, maybe I'll merge them. Nothing else particularly good. But fuck Peri.

Edited by Sunwoo

Let my wife do a few pulls tonight, she got a few Hanas along with her favorite (Henry) and a better 4* Cecilia than I had before (+Spd/-HP, compared to +Def/-Res lol). Not bad, I'll take it. Still need Lon'qu/Hinata/Laslow for skill fodder though, among other folks I'd prefer to have...

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just pulled Peri. -_-

Got a duplicate 4-star Roy, maybe I'll merge them. Nothing else particularly good. But fuck Peri.

Hey, Threaten Def 3 at 4* is a valuable skill >3> I wouldn't have minded getting that in one of my previous numerous blue pulls.

Edited by BANRYU

19 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Let my wife do a few pulls tonight, she got a few Hanas along with her favorite (Henry) and a better 4* Cecilia than I had before (+Spd/-HP, compared to +Def/-Res lol). Not bad, I'll take it. Still need Lon'qu/Hinata/Laslow for skill fodder though, among other folks I'd prefer to have...

Hey, Threaten Def 3 at 4* is a valuable skill >3> I wouldn't have minded getting that in one of my previous numerous blue pulls.

Well, she's 5-star and my only copy of her. So I have to keep her. I think I'm mostly annoyed because I wanted Ephraim or Ninian for a while, and Peri is not the blue 5-star I wanted.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, she's 5-star and my only copy of her. So I have to keep her. I think I'm mostly annoyed because I wanted Ephraim or Ninian for a while, and Peri is not the blue 5-star I wanted.

Oh yeah, I had that happen with Abel during the Ephraim banner....

Well hey, still a feather-free Killer Lance+ for someone >3>

Wow, been rolling all my orbs for blues for a long while since there's a lot of blue units I really want and plenty of good skill fodder units I'd like too. I've gotten nothing but junk this month from blue orbs and was going to give up and start saving again, but the new banner with Nowi on it made me decide to do a couple more attempts since she'd be a nice addition for me. With the daily reset I got up to 6 orbs and hit the new banner for the second time so far. I got 1 blue orb and hoped for Nowi or at least some nice fodder.. and got 5* Cordelia.. the #1 blue I've been wanting since the game came out, and after utterly failing to get her all this time, including on the gauntlet banner.

She's +def/-res but I'll take it, that's not too bad. I literally just complained about how bad my blue orb rolls have been like twice today, and this is what happens. More proof bitching on forums solves your problems. Really though, I'm in disbelief. I was even hoping to some day get a 4* and would gladly use my feathers to upgrade her. I was literally on the last pull before giving up and saving for like whatever summer banner or something might come instead. God damn gatcha knows just when to tickle you with good stuff I swear.

Guess I'll bitch about not having Lucina and Kagero from now on so I can get them too.

Edited by Alkaid

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

She's +def/-res but I'll take it, that's not too bad.

That's virtually identical to a [+Spd, -Res] Hinoka, which is a good roll. Sure, +Atk or +Spd would have been even better, but it's still good.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

More proof bitching on forums solves your problems.

I did this with Ninian after going 200 pulls without getting one. It works.

I swear.

Joking with your friends about actually getting someone you want as if you'll never get it works, too. A friend of mine got a 4 red, 1 blue set and I joked that the blue would be a 5-star Reinhardt.

It was a 5-star Reinhardt.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ahh I see.  Then I shall hope that he'll appear in another banner or eventually get added to the list of 5*'s at some point because the lack of available orbs makes me conclude that I won't be pulling him this time around.  I just drew another green orb since I got a few from the flier quests, and got another 4* Sheena.  The third one *sigh*.  I also decided to upgrade the Catria we get from the quests to a 4*.  I hate Pegasus Knights, but I really like her artwork in Heroes.  Perhaps I shall make an exception for her ;)

After centuries of bad luck I finally got good pulls. 3* Hinata, 3* Florina, 4* Cain, 3* Stahl, 3* Arthur. Hinata for Fury 3, Florina for Ardent Sacrifice, and I guess Cain's breaker skill will come in handy later on. The othes are free feathers since I got those 2 already.

Edited by L9999

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's virtually identical to a [+Spd, -Res] Hinoka, which is a good roll. Sure, +Atk or +Spd would have been even better, but it's still good.

Yeah, I'm just relieved I didn't get trolled with a -atk or -spd one. I'd have still used her, but that would have been painful.