Saved up another 20 orbs to do another summon on the Hero Fest, only to be punched in the gut again. That's 40 orbs on Hero Fest with no 5*.

Got a Gwendolyn, Virion, Shanna, Felicia and Est the first time round, all at 3*.

Got a Selena, Jagen, Virion, Gwendolyn and Setsuna on my second summon, all at 3* except Setsuna at 4*.

Doesn't seem like I will be getting any of the banner units in time. Hero Fest goes away in about 2 days' time?

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to get Hector and...

IMG_2534.PNG

I swear, Arthur will not leave me alone. Every time I pull green, pulling him is inevitable. Every time I pull him I want to punch him in the face.

Edited by Levin's Scarf

22 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

IMG_2534.PNG

I swear, Arthur will not leave me alone. Every time I pull green, pulling him is inevitable. Every time I pull him I want to punch him in the face.

Dude, he's rubbing off all his bad luck onto you lol.

Pulled to five stars on the Xander banner (Cordelia is one of the three pegs I lack and I'm unopposed to Linde). The results are as follows:

3* Corrin (F) +Res -Atk.
3* Jagen +Res -Def.
3* Donnel +Spd -Def. Got a lot of +Spd Brave users...
4* Donnel +Spd -Res. Case in point...
3* Robin (M) +HP -Res.
4* Robin (M) +Spd -Def
4* Nowi +Atk -Def. This one looks promising.

And the finisher is +Atk -Res Linde. I don't know how good this is, but it looks good.

Spoiler

Send help. I'm supposed to be saving.

...And still no Swordbreaker.

I caved and decided to do one pull on the Hero Fest banner to see if I could get a Leo (for the future mage gauntlet) or Ryoma but instead got a 5* Lucina.

I'm not complaining about getting another 5*, but she's not exactly my favorite at the moment lol BECAUSE SHE BEAT EPHRAIM

Did another short summon in search of Titania. Got 2 greens, 1 red, and 2 blues. Pulled from the greens and then from the red for some reason.
Got a second 5⋆ Soren (34→29), a 3⋆ Cherche (29→25), and a 3⋆ Eliwood (25→21).

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Soren   +Spd −Def
⋆⋆⋆ Cherche F +Atk −Spd
⋆⋆⋆ Eliwood C +HP −Atk

My previous Soren is +Res, −Def. +Spd loses 3 damage on Iceberg activation in comparison with Res (32 vs. 29), but has 36 Spd vs. 33.
Which one do I merge into which?

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Did another short summon in search of Titania. Got 2 greens, 1 red, and 2 blues. Pulled from the greens and then from the red. for some reason

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Soren   +Spd −Def
⋆⋆⋆ Cherche F +Atk −Spd
⋆⋆⋆ Eliwood C +HP −Atk

My previous Soren is +Res, −Def. +Spd loses 3 damage on Iceberg activation in comparison with Res (32 vs. 29), but has 36 Spd vs. 33.

Definitely +Spd. Speed tiers are very cramped around that range, so the extra 3 speed will likely win you quite a few more matchups.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Did another short summon in search of Titania. Got 2 greens, 1 red, and 2 blues. Pulled from the greens and then from the red for some reason.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Soren   +Spd −Def
⋆⋆⋆ Cherche F +Atk −Spd
⋆⋆⋆ Eliwood C +HP −Atk

Clearly you inherit both Sorens onto Nino (for nothing) to assert dominance, kappa.

Anyway, 2 more points of damage during an Iceberg proc should never outweigh extra doubles, given that tome users really want to use -blades. You could also just keep both, Watersweep is kind of... terrible on everyone right now, but it might have some use later.

So managed to get back to 20 orbs and attempted another summon - Managed to get 5* Titania:

Shes +Hp -Spd, can never complain about getting another 5* :)

Edited by Marcodian_Elite
Delete uploads

Belinda had 20 orbs. She used one colorless stone and got Asama/Azama along with 3 green stones. She wanted Hector, but backed out.

One colorless in the set as well.

Whelp.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So... um... this happened.

Hide contents

ZaqfWH0.jpg

Lyn [+Spd, -Def]
Soren [+Spd, -Def]
Titania [+Spd, -Res]

Holy shit.

Please don't hurt me.

But people already want to hurt you from having +10 merges.

Edited by shadowofchaos

23 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Alright, I built up another set of 20 for the gold banner. With 80 orbs total, surely I will obtain at least one 5 star as my appearance rate approaches 10%. And...!

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0137.thumb.PNG.979573116e8cc17edb8b440925fc4086.PNG

What a load of pegasus dung. There's no way I'll build up another 20 by May 7th. I need to take a day to meditate on whether I should put money down. It's not like I'm short for cash, I would just be real embarrassed if I pulled again and got nothing. And the 10% odds! It's like I'm back in Vegas rn. Argh!

The decision didn't get any easier. 20 dollars would buy me another pull, and then another as backup. I thought that money would be better spent on Echoes DLC since that would be permanent, guaranteed content. But I like Heroes and thought my support of a fire emblem game would be just as valid here. So I exit the F2P club. To all those I leave behind let me just say this...we weren't really friends. We have nothing in common. Don't get so sentimental, you'll set yourself up for heartbreak like that.

Now on to the pulls, I think this would be the picture I most want to immortalize. After 120 orbs on the gold banner:

Spoiler

IMG_0140.thumb.PNG.32a21346805f463075b58fe0774cb9c1.PNG

My rate for 5 stars climbs to 11%. Oh well, suffice to say this is not what happened in Vegas, and I wouldn't put money into this game again regardless of result. I did end up getting Tharja, who is new. I now own 2 out of 8 characters in the upcoming gauntlet. With her and Robin, I suspect that I'll have the character I need for either side of Grand Finals. Also got 4 star Lonqu with -atk/+res, and I know what people have been using him for.

3 hours ago, Gustavos said:

The decision didn't get any easier. 20 dollars would buy me another pull, and then another as backup. I thought that money would be better spent on Echoes DLC since that would be permanent, guaranteed content. But I like Heroes and thought my support of a fire emblem game would be just as valid here. So I exit the F2P club. To all those I leave behind let me just say this...we weren't really friends. We have nothing in common. Don't get so sentimental, you'll set yourself up for heartbreak like that.

Now on to the pulls, I think this would be the picture I most want to immortalize. After 120 orbs on the gold banner:

Hide contents

IMG_0140.thumb.PNG.32a21346805f463075b58fe0774cb9c1.PNG

My rate for 5 stars climbs to 11%. Oh well, suffice to say this is not what happened in Vegas, and I wouldn't put money into this game again regardless of result. I did end up getting Tharja, who is new. I now own 2 out of 8 characters in the upcoming gauntlet. With her and Robin, I suspect that I'll have the character I need for either side of Grand Finals. Also got 4 star Lonqu with -atk/+res, and I know what people have been using him for.

Crazy...

Now 11% is indeed VERY high!

You have to take it lightly imo, paying money doesnt guarantee anything in this game, so didappointment needs to be taken into account.

On wednesday I had 29 orbs saved up, wanted to use them on that mages banner, somehow I felt like I could need Azura and, well, all orbs gone, and nothing. So I did what I didnt plan on doing, I bought that 23 orbs pack. All orbs gone and nothing. Ap rate went up and I realized I wont be able to get another 20 orbs together in time.

What did I do? Bought another pack...

Luckily I got my Azura.

What did this teach me? Ap rate means actually nothing in this game if it doesnt deliver. 

I am more and more inclined to get back to f2p. Will probably buy another pack or two for that mages banner and call it quits after that. I think pulling a 5* was more rewarding when doing it f2p. When u pay for it the disappointment is much greater in the end.

Still, 11% is VERY HIGH ☺

Today's daily orbs put me at 20 again so I decide to give World of Radiance another go in hopes of getting at least one of the Greil Mercs. After pulling 5* Tharja and 5* Hawkeye (in the same pull no less) from Hero Fest, I wasn't expecting to get anything exciting from this pull.

Spoiler

IMG_0311.thumb.PNG.5c3937c977a015fa828f7eab64473b95.PNG

3* Stahl: +HP, -DEF

5* Effie (new): +RES, -HP

3* Hinata: +DEF, -RES

5* Soren (new): +RES, -HP

3* Stahl: +SPD, -DEF

0_0 What even is my luck right now? I'm certainly elated to finally get Effie and I now have all of the royal retainers from Fates (including Corrin's servants). I like Soren quite a bit too though I wasn't in dire need of him, what with already having a 5* cinnamon roll of destruction (Nino). Oh, and the Hinata's IVs are better than other ones I have I guess. He just keeps coming back to me no matter how many of him I sack for Fury.

I got to 260 orbs and decided to use 10 of them on red orbs, I still want and Alm...

• 4*Olivia
  • 4*Sophia

Well, I can use that new Olivia in place of the one I already have, because better ATK buff. But I'm not sure about how good is Sophia, maybe I lv her up

1 hour ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

I am more and more inclined to get back to f2p. Will probably buy another pack or two for that mages banner and call it quits after that. I think pulling a 5* was more rewarding when doing it f2p. When u pay for it the disappointment is much greater in the end.

Still, 11% is VERY HIGH ☺

Indeed, but it was foolish of me to think luck was something you make happen. A few hours later, I actually think my situation is kind of funny. I'll hang on to this picture I took to remind me. F2P orbs, purchased orbs, it makes no difference to FE Heroes.

Spoiler

IMG_0140.thumb.PNG.d5f9235add211567bfa6c03df566092e.PNG

5 hours ago, Fruity Insanity said:

I was at around 10.5% before I got a 5*, if it's of any solace. :|

If you're not super stringent about your money, I'd recommend not wasting that percentage, but of course that's ultimately up to you.

Hmm hmm, that's the line of thinking that got me here. I just think I should put my feet down. And like I said earlier, I was interested in putting money down to support IS on this time waster. So it's no big nbd.

But I don't know how I'll ever pull again with the orbs I get naturally. I'd wait for them to put out another gold banner with boosted appearance rates, or completely retool which characters are available at which rarities, and we'd have no indication either could happen, much less a warning before it does...

Edited by Gustavos

A bit late, I was told to post this for posterity.

@Rezzy Thank you for the tip on my -ATK Ike, I'll equip ann ATK +3 on him since I don't have Hinata for fury fodder.

Decided to do 3 full pulls, 1 in the PoR banner and 2 in the Hero Fest one.

PoR : +HP/-Res Minerva.
1stHF: +Atk/-Spd Hector
2ndHF: +Res/-Atk Ogma

So I got three 5* in as many full pulls. I was looking for Soren or Titania when I pulled from the PoR banner, but Minerva was a happy surprise since I'd tried and fail to pull her in every banner she'd been, so to just get her randomly like that is great.

Then I got a 3rd Hector and I'm honestly amazed at how good all three of their natures are (+Atk/-Res, +Spd/-Res and +Atk/-Spd). Probably will keep him along with the other 2 instead of merging him or using him for SI.

As for Ogma, considering I'm swimming in top tier 5* sword users, that I own a 4* Ogma with a pretty good nature and that this one has an absolutely abysmal one, I'll probably use him as Brave Sword+ fodder for someone. Maybe Hana.

Probably won't do another pull until either the Celica or Gauntlet banners are revealed.

19 hours ago, Levin's Scarf said:

IMG_2534.PNG

Me. Me! TOTALLY ME!!!! I didn't think I could hate him so much but here i Am.