On 3/16/2018 at 11:12 PM, Xenomata said:

Probably just never being able to summon them is all. I personally only got one Cordelia in the last few months of summoning.

It took me over a year before I got my first Cordelia. She sure was an elusive creature for quite some time! But I recently was able to pull one, and then I pulled another not too long after, who was quickly sacrificed to give my Est Galeforce... Haven't seen another one since. I wonder why?

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaaaaaaaaas! I had decided to use my f2p orbs to hunt greens on the counter banner. All I really want is one last 4 Star Merric but also having a shot at getting Hector is great. Got up to a 4% aaaaand no Merric, but I got another Hector!!!! He’s +RES -HP, so my +DEF -RES one is safe, and I get to give someone else DC! Myrrh and Titania were my first lucky recipients. Just gotta think about this carefully....

As an aside, pulling green just isn’t fun. >.> I’m always grateful for Draw Back or Reposition, but I’m super tired of seeing Cherche and Bartre. 

I guessed wrong on the third.

Ah well, merge chance?

4 Colourless, 1 Red (NOPE)

4* Cain (Been a while, eh? +Atk/-HP. I've been waiting for +Atk nature, so that's neat.)

Well that's not bad. Until the next banner.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse

So, the small influx of orbs took me from 11 to 26. With that I pulled on the BHB: Chrom and Lissa banner, 1 red and 3 colorless. Pulled the red and got a Stahl for free. Tempted to pull on the colorless but I'm glad I didn't. Instead I went back to the New Heroes banner in another shot for M!Morgan. Got an Athena (+ATK/-HP though!), Eliwood, Sophia. Backed out. Next pool, a single red orb and inside it was~

ZjalF9X.png

Gotta say it's really nice when a plan actually comes together. Took a while but there he is. Unfortunately things like this are typically bittersweet and it's no different here. He follows the tradition of my *5 mages either being +SPD/-ATK or +ATK/-SPD (in this case he's the former, so that makes him my fastest, but 2nd weakest red mage.) Hard to be salty though, I got the unit I wanted the most from the banner and I did it with 7 orbs to spare. With 27 more orbs left to get from the Tempest banner and an influx of orbs coming in soon enough, I'm actually in a pretty good spot right now.

Veering at that Counter banner for Hector, but nah. I'm good. Anyways, Mission Accomplished.

Edited by Zeo

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

As an aside, pulling green just isn’t fun. >.> I’m always grateful for Draw Back or Reposition, but I’m super tired of seeing Cherche and Bartre. 

I need 9 more Cherche copies to make mine 4*+10 a 5*+10, but somehow she made herself rare to me. Congratulations on the Hector btw.! 

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Gotta say it's really nice when a plan actually comes together. Took a while but there he is. Unfortunately things like this are typically bittersweet and it's no different here. He follows the tradition of my *5 mages either being +SPD/-ATK or +ATK/-SPD (in this case he's the former, so that makes him my fastest, but 2nd weakest red mage.) Hard to be salty though, I got the unit I wanted the most from the banner and I did it with 7 orbs to spare. With 27 more orbs left to get from the Tempest banner and an influx of orbs coming in soon enough, I'm actually in a pretty good spot right now.

Hey cool, I think it's the right mage for you. If you play him with a dancer, he can buff and fix) his ATK just like Matthew. Congratulations, it's nice to get what you want from a banner. 

@Zeo Nice! Glad you at least got him, despite the -Atk. At least +Spd is a good boon. He'll either be bulky support unit if you go for the debuff route, or you can always go Bladetome and that isn't affected by -Atk too much, and that likes +Spd.

Congrats though!

For my free pulls, I actually pulled colourless like you would, since a free Gravity+ seems like a pretty good saving of 20k feathers. Unfortunately I didn't get any free Lissas. I did get a +Def/-Spd Matthew at 3 star and a +Res/-Atk Rebecca. Hmm. Oh well, not going to be baited this time, on to the next banner. At least the free pull scratched my summoning itch.

@Rafiel's Aria Congrats on the Hector! Funny how these things happen when you're hoping for someone else. Also yeah, pulling green can be a bit repetitive (too small of a pool), although more Repositions are always nice.

Edited by mcsilas

@Zeo Congrats on the Morgan!!! With +SPD, you could probably slap a blade tome on him. But at the same time, his debuffs are pretty cool. I feel like you'll enjoy messing around with him since he's basically a dagger unit!

44 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I need 9 more Cherche copies to make mine 4*+10 a 5*+10, but somehow she made herself rare to me. Congratulations on the Hector btw.! 

I think the game knows exactly what you want... I've managed to make a 4*+10 Bartre, Beruka, Arthur, and Frederick with all of the greens I've pulled. >.> I think I had a lot of Cherches too, but I actually used a few copies of her for ATK+3 I think... ^^; Hector at least is a nice consolation prize!

@mcsilas Thanks! I still dunno' who I'm going to give DC too... I'm going to sit on Hector for a bit and see if any characters I've been dying for get released. We really need a better green 3-4 star pool. XD At least pulling colorless we now have Sothe and Klein. The green 5 star pool is pretty amazing. But as far as fodder goes... I'm not sure there are any greens I get excited for. XD

57 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hey cool, I think it's the right mage for you. If you play him with a dancer, he can buff and fix) his ATK just like Matthew. Congratulations, it's nice to get what you want from a banner. 

He's pretty perfect. I kinda wish I had Close Counter fodder for him haha. Nah probably being greedy.

50 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Nice! Glad you at least got him, despite the -Atk. At least +Spd is a good boon. He'll either be bulky support unit if you go for the debuff route, or you can always go Bladetome and that isn't affected by -Atk too much, and that likes +Spd.

Congrats though!

For my free pulls, I actually pulled colourless like you would, since a free Gravity+ seems like a pretty good saving of 20k feathers. Unfortunately I didn't get any free Lissas. I did get a +Def/-Spd Matthew at 3 star and a +Res/-Atk Rebecca. Hmm. Oh well, not going to be baited this time, on to the next banner. At least the free pull scratched my summoning itch.

Pulling Matthew (especially with that nature) for you means something rather great though, Hone SPD 3 fodder. Something I won't have for quite a while. And yeah I could give him a Blade Tome... but the tome is pretty much my 100% reason for wanting him. He's the closest thing to a mage variant of Matthew and that really appeals to me for obvious reasons. It's fine though, he's the most likely to drop to *4, and if he does per chance, he beats out Lilina and Raigh as my *5 +10 Red mage of choice. Forblaze and Apocalypse better really bring it for things to be any different.

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Zeo Congrats on the Morgan!!! With +SPD, you could probably slap a blade tome on him. But at the same time, his debuffs are pretty cool. I feel like you'll enjoy messing around with him since he's basically a dagger unit!

I'm really going to enjoy his tome, honestly. That's my main reason for summoning him lol. He's probably the best red mage I have for a blade tome but oh well. Guess it's going to be a *4 +10 Tharja. Celica wants her tome, Sophia is a raven mage, Lilina is a potential waste cause Forblaze will be a thing and it's virtually wasted on Raigh. And S!Leo... we don't talk about S!Leo.

Kinda wondering weather I should capitalize on his untouched bulk and go Fury/Death Blow/Darting Blow or just go all in with Life and Death 3. My +ATK Celica wants Life and Death also though. Bah. I refuse to leave him vanilla like some of my other *5's though. I'll come up with something.

@Zeo Congratulations on pulling Morgan! He's an elusive creature, I swear.

Free pull on the single red orb from the new banner gave me...

4★ Olivia

...Into the pile with you. Damn, I really want to pull on this banner for 5★ Chrom because I want to get the built one I have to +10, but I already mini-whaled for the Branded banner and I really should not do that this time.

EDIT: Spent 5 orbs, got a single red orb. Pulled it, and...

4★ Olivia

I think the game is trying to tell me to not bother.

EDIT EDIT: Decided to give it one more try, and...

5★ Chrom! He's +SPD / -HP, so I don't even have to feel bad feeding him to my main Chrom.

Edited by Reddazrael

@Zeo I have a few 3 star Matthews actually, and a new one to replace one I foddered off to clear barracks space is...strangely satisfying haha. Most probably Reciprocal Aid fodder than Hone Spd to be honest (only if he's 4*), I prefer Hone Atk more as a C slot anyway. I'm trying to build up feather stock right now so trying to not promote for fodder when I can, unless the skill is really good/needed

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm really going to enjoy his tome, honestly. That's my main reason for summoning him lol. He's probably the best red mage I have for a blade tome but oh well. Guess it's going to be a *4 +10 Tharja. Celica wants her tome, Sophia is a raven mage, Lilina is a potential waste cause Forblaze will be a thing and it's virtually wasted on Raigh. And S!Leo... we don't talk about S!Leo.

Kinda wondering weather I should capitalize on his untouched bulk and go Fury/Death Blow/Darting Blow or just go all in with Life and Death 3. My +ATK Celica wants Life and Death also though. Bah. I refuse to leave him vanilla like some of my other *5's though. I'll come up with something.

Blade tome isn't terrible on Raigh. Granted, he's not the best red mage out there, but he's pretty accessible. I honestly promoted him because he started to grow on me. XD And Summer Leo actually isn't that terrible, but this is coming from someone who's incredibly biased. Mine ended up with 48/39 offenses...but 39 RES is pretty sweet too. But I don't use him because he's an amazing unit. I use him to listen to him complain about how he's being objectified while I objectify him and relate to how us vampiric scholarly folks don't always tolerate the sun very well.

For M!Morgan, I ended up going with Fury since his bulky actually isn't that terrible. It'd be 30 DEF with buffs and Fury. I'm almost tempted to give him CC, but we'll wait and see if he drops to 4 stars. I also gave my Celica LaD, and she's absolutely loved it. Her bulk isn't that amazing to begin with, but I find it works a little bit better than Fury. ^^

44 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I think I had a lot of Cherches too, but I actually used a few copies of her for ATK+3 I think... ^^;

Yeah, some of my healers need ATK+3 too. 

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

's pretty perfect. I kinda wish I had Close Counter fodder for him haha. Nah probably being greedy.

Woa, with CC he could build kind of a wall together with Matthew. 

Well free pull was 3*Fredrick, I was hoping for Barst since I need repo fodder.  Fredrick seems to love my barracks even though I already have a 5* of him and I don't plan on merging him right now since I have other units higher up on the list.  I am really getting tiered of seeing Fredrick every time I pull green.  Back to saving up orbs for H!Jakob and Finn.

^It's Frederick, with two Es. I pulled green for my free pull hoping for him and I still can't pull him anymore. Why? All I get out of green now are mostly Bartres and Cecilias with an occasional Gunter.

It seems like everyone else pulls Frederick constantly and I don't...

Edited by Anacybele

The pulling starts getting on my nerve. Getting Chrom instead of Morgan...fair enough.

Spending about 100 orbs and still not getting Morgan....fair enough. Its a Gatcha mechanic so it can happen

BUT STOP SENDING ALL THOSE USELESS 3 STAR DRAUGS MY WAY!  At least bombard me with a character I like. 

Beat all three BHBs, so I've got 29 orbs. First, free pull from the BHB banner. Aiming for Robin.

1. 3* Odin: Bleh.

And back to looking for Morgan.

1. 4* L'Arachel: 3 of her while looking for Morgan. I'm rather impressed at how much Renewal fodder I'm getting.

Unfortunately only one blue orb.

1. 3* Lon'qu: Vantage fodder.

Finished a quest to get a 20th orb, just in case...

1. 4* Roderick: Nope.
  2. 4* Reinhardt: Been a while since I pulled you.

Come on, Feh, throw me a bone here...

After more sniping for fMorgan I got, fCorrin, Caeda, Gwendolyn, Effie, Donnel, Lon'qu, Tailtiu, and Sully. then there was is

Spoiler

i0TYElX.png

then

Spoiler

mKhHTS4.png

finally

Spoiler

OQaIl97.png

I'm getting pity broken by units that I don't care about. I just want fMorgan game.

Okayyyy, so this was an insane journey. I got 5 star Michaiah, Taitlu, AND L'Archrael, ALL before Female Morgan. Needless to say I was furious.

And then ... suddenly ... I got TWO Female Morgans (Both +Spd and -HP/-Def) anddd I got a 5 star CHROM! Who I wanted, but totally didn't expect to get because red is a trash pull.

I'm super happy, but also like ... whyyyy was this so difficult? Lol. I forced myself to do every chain challenge/squad assault/everything I usually ignore. I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for orbs, it was murdering me. And I kept getting stupid pulls with 0 blues. My heart. 

So, I now have Female Morgan. Male Morgan. And Chrom. First banner ever I've gotten all the focus units!

Edited by Sunsurge

Since it is going to go away in a few days, I went and splurged a bit on the Countering banner. The end result was:

Spoiler

QjiMtzX.png?1

my first three 5* pull (disregarding various re-rolling shenanigans on side accounts) though of course worthless Oboro just had to spoil the momentous occasion. Sadly, that Ike is not much better than my first (+HP/-Spd to my first one's +Res/-Atk). Hector also got +HP/-Spd (the reverse of my first one) while Genny...is the same +Spd/-HP as my current one. Since I know when to quit while I'm ahead, I made no further pulls from this banner after this one.

I also tried to snipe for F!Morgan a little but only got a 3.50% rate to show for it. Ah well, back to saving.