• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went into the new legendary banner pretty deep but did come out with every red unit plus noire and 2 ninas, still kind of ashame i just cant get legendary grima though

on the new banner i wanted to pull a couple reds to see if i got lucky, 1st 3 pulls had no reds but my 4th had 3 and the first one I took was laegjarn so i am pretty happy about that.

Voting gauntlet banner caught me by surprise, I want both units and their pull rate is better!? Welp.

First summon circle had a glorious three greens and two reds. Surely one of them would be a focus unit, right? Right??

No. I got four 3* units and a 4* Frederick. Wow.

Later on I decided to try one more time before possibly just waiting for later. Two reds, three blues. First pull Laegjarn! Huzzah! The luck is strong these past two days.

She is +HP/-Def, not the best, not the worst, but either way I’m happy and can continue my saving for later on in December. Got 21 orbs but the ones spent were worth it :lol:

Somehow, I managed to get 2 Laevateinns and 1 Summer Innes with my abysmal luck.  Immensely grateful for the Summer Innes <3 I will keep trying for Hrid, but the likelihood seems to be decreasing by the day D: 

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian Oh congrats! That's such a nice Elincia, I'm jealous since mine are all -Spd haha

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster @Rafiel's Aria

My free summon from my second account was a Camilla (every other colour was colourless). For my main, there were 4 reds which was a Tharja, Sophia and a Cain, the last one I will always welcome!

Then I decided to do some YOLOs on the legendary banner.

Main gave me a Catria, another Tharja and another irrevelant blue.Didn't have enough orbs to try for the last blue, I really wanted a non -Atk L!Lucina but serves me right for not miscounting my orb count.

Meanwhile in my second account, I YOLO'ed with 10 orbs. 2 blues and 2 reds...I want to open all of them but could only pick two :( 

Silly me forgot to get more orbs from the LHB but oh well...9% luck? 1st red orb was a 3 star Olivia and I was really divided in going for the other red or one of the blues, since I really want a non -Atk Bector... I picked red and...

tumblr_pj00nsXhyV1qc0fq5_540.png

Neutral Hrid. I'll take it! As long as he's not -Atk like my other account's Hrid.

Funny how I spent like 124 orbs being pitybroken by Lyoma, the only spend these 10 orbs  ( plus 15-ish from a last attempt) to get Hrid.

Well I'm satisfied now, getting the 2 legendary reds that I never had before is a good result. Tempted for a Bector bane fix but only have 1 orb right now, maybe I'll wait for the trailer before doing so since at least Bector is in the general pool.

Congrats on the better Hrid! The gatcha came through for you on this one.

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

oh... lucky...... 
I got a Lon'qu :( 

You know I'll take those lovely Lon'qus off your hands~

Well the VG banner was very nice to me and gave me a free Helbindi who was the one I lacked on that banner.  Now if the legendary banner will give me S!Innes tomorrow with the monthly orbs I will be really happy.

With Ylgr +Res -HP, Nifl is now short on one brother.

...why do I have such an easier time summoning non-tome Ranged Blue units compared to any other non-tome non-colorless ranged unit type...

Edited by Xenomata

Just had my 11.00% pity rate broken and since I am out of orbs, I'll call it quits here.

Overall results of my quest for L!Ryouma:

(Orbs used: Around 280)

1 Leavatein (+HP -Res)

2 Hrids (+Def -Atk and +Def -Spd, the former was immediately sacrificed to H!Myrrh)

1 Pity breaker S!Innes (+Def -Atk.. wth am I even supposed to do with this guy? He has no decent fodder and can kill almost nothing without babying. I'd rather use Cherche...)

So yeah, main goal missed, but it wasn't all bad I guess. Innes is a complete disappointment though.

I was so bored by the latest banner(s) that I tried to continue my Surtr-hunt.
Just needed 14 orbs to get his third copy. 
I'll definitely merge him since he is no good fodder aside of steady stance 4 which would be a total waste overall.

I also manage to pull my first Silas from this banner, so I could also pass steady stance 3 to someone without regrets.
However he has a decent nature (+def / -HP), so I'd like to keep him for now and make him an extreme enemy phase build.

You know, none of the three legendary heroes I really wanted ever came to me easily. This continues my hatred of legendary banners as I pull another stupid Laev and Ryoma with no sign of Hrid. Free pulling two legendaries I only vaguely want does not make up for dumping so many orbs. Hrid should have been on the other banner and then the legendary could've been another alt I'd have happily ignored (unless they'd made a flying tome male... But that would be cheating).

Going back to feeling bitter and hridless now -.-

Hell yeah...one Laegjarn in my bonus roll \o/ and now my aversa is two steps away to become a true lady. =D

and now the quest to get one helbindi for smolzura =S (that i don´t even know if i will use in arena)

Spoiler

aversa.thumb.jpg.ce41d978d2b5afa262a2f4f474e9f53d.jpg

@Landmaster Fantastic pulls. Ryoma and Hrid. Can't say I'm not jealous. Hope the natures are alright!

@mcsilas Hey! Another Ryoma/Hrid combo! Shame about those natures but awesome to nab them both! I technically got more than you for less and I'm still envious of you honestly. Your fortune has been pretty good despite the nature nonsense. Maybe 3.0 will do something about bad natures. Shame about the Lucina situation though... It's a little comedic however, given what you're about to find out.

@Usana Sorry you missed Lucina, but others than that pretty fantastic pulls for your orb amount.

@daisy jane That orb count!!! Hope you were satisfied with your haul. F!Grima isn't coming back next month also so keep that in mind while you save.

@Noir That's just disgusting.

@Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse 

I'm actually glad I waited to do this. Allows me to have a clearer head. I summoned on the day the banner dropped but haven't had time to post and well... I had a long rant in my head but I'm actually gonna keep it short. I burned 3-4 hours of sleep trying to do the Hrid legendary map... just for those last 4 orbs. I should have slept but I wanted to summon before I went to bed so after trying a million things and beating it I went in. I wanted L!Lucina above all but between her, Hector and 2 out of 3 good red units what could go wrong? "I'll just grab the first *5 out of red/blue and be done" I said. So I went in optimistic.

...Not so. Down to 59 orbs without a single *5 and not even good fodder. Seth after Seth.. Hana after Hana.... nothing but trash. At this point if I stop pulling I'm losing out, now I have to keep going to hopefully make the session worth it. I keep going until finally I pull a five star blue... but...

Spoiler

iX4DOuW.png

The only blue I didn't want. Don't need her, didn't want her, no good fodder. To make matters worse... I knew... I knew in my heart she was -SPD before even checking the nature. So I looked, and low and behold, she's +ATK/-SPD. She could be a fantastic unit would a great spread... instead... it's the same 35/35 spread. Nothing special, nothing unique and she doesn't even have anything to inhert. Shell Lance is meh, Sturdy Blow is in the *3 pool and Dull Close is trash. It literally couldn't have been any worse.. (Well... guess she could have been +RES.)

At least her art is nice I guess. I would have preferred to just keep going with my rate if I'd known this was waiting for me. It's pretty sad... to get to the point you'd rater not pull a *5 than pull one, knowing what you'd get. Guess I've really been playing this for that long.

I decided I was only sniping red and blue, but there was only one green stone and it was for 3 orbs, so I said "....why not?.." and gave it a shot.

Spoiler

YpDlNwS.png

Figures. A *5 from the pool I'm completely uninterested in. Innes would have been nice but I'd probably get more milage out of Gunnthra. Didn't really need this but at the very least she's +SPD/-RES. Her Ploying ability takes a rough hit, but at least she'll be better than the horrible +DEF/-ATK one I pulled back on one of the earlier banners. I'll likely merge her and just reap the benefits there. Didn't ask for this, but it's welcome given the cost.

So I kept going and in the next pool~

Spoiler

aHcFMta.png

At last~ The unit I wanted the most from the banner. It was rough, but she's here. But... it didn't feel right, a dark cloud washed over me as soon as I saw her. My heart sank a bit and I checked her nature.

...Yep, +DEF/-ATK. So bittersweet. I'm so sick of that feeling... that unit you want... why can't it ever be a good nature? Those units you truly want? But I took her. It's the unit I want... I want to say it's a win... but why don't I feel that way?

I just wasn't satisfied afterwards, so I went in hoping for a red. Ryoma or Hrid. Sure I don't need them, but this is the perfect opportunity and I don't have either. So I keep going... keep going... and keep going until I'm on my last few orbs. I open that final red stone with what I have left and-

Spoiler

ZQXxhq4.png

Nope... haha. Such a bitter feeling. Yeah, I didn't have her, but... what are the odds between her and the two units I wanted, right? Anyways, she's pretty good so... I'll just check her nature and.... yep... +HP/-SPD.

"It's a *5, it's a *5" I just tried to keep telling myself that but I couldn't shake the utter feeling of disappointment. The only unit I didn't want out of both colors and both have crappy natures on top of that and just to add a cherry on top, are bad fodder. Odd Spd Wave is rare, sure. But most of the time the action starts on turn 2, making the skill iffy for combat. Even turn waves are much more practical. I feel like I've been kicked in the junk honestly. Regardless though, This is the end of the road for me, sadly.

This session made me realize a couple of things, actually. It made me realize how far I've come and how many tools I've accumulated. It's also made me realize that just pulling a *5 isn't enough to make me happy anymore. It has to be a unit I want or a skill I want for fodder. If it's a unit that will just sit in my barracks forever (Like my -ATK S!Leo) then it's almost pointless if not entirely. But most importantly... it's made me realize that no matter how much you plan for something, no matter what your strategy is the game can just give you a big middle finger and say screw you. 

For my orb count, technically I pulled a decent amount, but given what I wanted, what has value to me and what I got. The gains were bitter, even though I pulled a unit I wanted. It leaves me with this numb feeling honestly. Then I realize I wasted 3-4 hours for this, almost like a drug just trying to get those 4 orbs. Then waking up the next day tired as a result... it's not worth it. And it makes me want to evaluate my future with this game beyond recording clears, but that's a discussion for another time.

Either way, more orbs will come in for the month, but I'm done. Not spending any more orbs on this banner. Between the two coming Christmas banners, the colorless hero coming at the end of the month, the wildcard New/Special Heroes banners coming in december and NY!Azura coming back next month, I can't afford to waste anymore orbs unnecessarily. Back to stocking up.

Sorry to sound so negative. I hope all of you guys' pulls were awesome. It's just the nature of the gatcha. My time will come.

@Zeo I'm very sorry to see you dissatisfied with this banner. Four 5* in 59 orbs seems awesome (especially since you got your most wanted unit), but I don't know how many orbs you burned before that to get a pity rate. 

First of all congrats on Lucina, she is an awesome unit and I had the very same nature for months. It doesn't lessen the fun to play her the slightest, try it out (Future vision!)! +DEF is a decent boon for her and it lets her use Bonfire like it was made for her. 

(To be honest I'm tempted to use more orbs on this banner, red great (missing two units and Hrid is fun even with -ATK) and the predictions for the December banner aren't awesome. Perhaps book III or the winter banner will bring something good, but you never know. )

@Zeo Yeah no trouble being negative. I had that realization some time back myself and was the biggest push to get me to cut back on spending. Which means that my old gaming budget, which became my Heroes budget, can actually go back to picking up a game now and again.

Though I did end up buying some orbs to break the pity rate on this banner. Of those 100+ orbs almost all the 5* were in the first sessions. As such after spending the monthly orbs I had a  large enough pity that I really didn't want to let it sit. I probably should have waited to see if I could break it f2p, but I was impatient. 23 orbs. First session. Reds. Second Session 1 blue. Silas. 13 orbs left. Already regretting this. 3 blues and 2 colorless. Cordelia. . . regular. An Odin. Legendary Lucina! And she is even +SPD/-HP. I now have mixed feelings. Really shouldn't have broken down and spent to break the pity, that is a bad habit. I think that made 160 orbs spent in the end. But I did get what I wanted even if she herself could be said to cost as much if not more as I spent on the other four combined. But those guys were just 'nice'. Lucina was who I was really after.

Or at least Hector at first was just nice. While leveling him I am liking him more and more. His 'One step at a time' is making me laugh. Yes Hector. I know your move sucks, you don't have to tell me every time your turn comes up. I think I am easily amused. Probably a good thing given how easily pulls can make you feel like crap even if you get rare stuff that someone somewhere no doubt wants but that you don't really care much for. Still not sure what I will use him for though. But at least he makes me laugh, that is something, yes?

42 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Welp, didn't get HrĂ­d off his banner.

Did get a third Legendary Ryoma though, so my +SPD/-RES Ryoma is now +2. So not a complete waste.

Saving for next banner now. Hopefully it’s the Book III launch.

Me too. I didn't get Hríd, but I got 4 laevateins... and I tried to get Ylgr but I got my 2nd Surtr instead. Saving  my orbs for Book III now.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Me too. I didn't get Hríd, but I got 4 laevateins... and I tried to get Ylgr but I got my 2nd Surtr instead. Saving  my orbs for Book III now.

Congratulations on the Laevateins (kinda wish I got her instead of another Ryoma, but oh well)! And the Steady Stance 4 fodders!

Shame about not getting Ylgr, but maybe you’ll pull a few when she shows up on a Legendary Banner.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

30 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Congratulations on the Laevateins (kinda wish I got her instead of another Ryoma, but oh well)! And the Steady Stance 4 fodders!

Shame about not getting Ylgr, but maybe you’ll pull a few when she shows up on a Legendary Banner.

Thanks. I would prefer on of my Laevaleins to be a Ryoma, since I don't have him yet. I don't know what to do with her yet. The better of, which is +Spd -Res, I will use... but I don't know about the others. I could fodder on the them to give Legendary Lucina the Atk/Def Link skill. Or I start to do a +10 Laevatein project... maybe not...

For Surtr... I don't plan to fodder him... at least not so soon. The 2nd I got have good IVs (+HP -Spd), so my first one (+HP -Res) will be the one used to fodder.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@daisy jane That orb count!!! Hope you were satisfied with your haul. F!Grima isn't coming back next month also so keep that in mind while you save.

@Noir That's just disgusting.

@Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse 

I'm actually glad I waited to do this. Allows me to have a clearer head. I summoned on the day the banner dropped but haven't had time to post and well... I had a long rant in my head but I'm actually gonna keep it short. I burned 3-4 hours of sleep trying to do the Hrid legendary map... just for those last 4 orbs. I should have slept but I wanted to summon before I went to bed so after trying a million things and beating it I went in. I wanted L!Lucina above all but between her, Hector and 2 out of 3 good red units what could go wrong? "I'll just grab the first *5 out of red/blue and be done" I said. So I went in optimistic.

...Not so. Down to 59 orbs without a single *5 and not even good fodder. Seth after Seth.. Hana after Hana.... nothing but trash. At this point if I stop pulling I'm losing out, now I have to keep going to hopefully make the session worth it. I keep going until finally I pull a five star blue... but...

Reveal hidden contents

iX4DOuW.png

The only blue I didn't want. Don't need her, didn't want her, no good fodder. To make matters worse... I knew... I knew in my heart she was -SPD before even checking the nature. So I looked, and low and behold, she's +ATK/-SPD. She could be a fantastic unit would a great spread... instead... it's the same 35/35 spread. Nothing special, nothing unique and she doesn't even have anything to inhert. Shell Lance is meh, Sturdy Blow is in the *3 pool and Dull Close is trash. It literally couldn't have been any worse.. (Well... guess she could have been +RES.)

At least her art is nice I guess. I would have preferred to just keep going with my rate if I'd known this was waiting for me. It's pretty sad... to get to the point you'd rater not pull a *5 than pull one, knowing what you'd get. Guess I've really been playing this for that long.

I decided I was only sniping red and blue, but there was only one green stone and it was for 3 orbs, so I said "....why not?.." and gave it a shot.

Hide contents

YpDlNwS.png

Figures. A *5 from the pool I'm completely uninterested in. Innes would have been nice but I'd probably get more milage out of Gunnthra. Didn't really need this but at the very least she's +SPD/-RES. Her Ploying ability takes a rough hit, but at least she'll be better than the horrible +DEF/-ATK one I pulled back on one of the earlier banners. I'll likely merge her and just reap the benefits there. Didn't ask for this, but it's welcome given the cost.

So I kept going and in the next pool~

Hide contents

aHcFMta.png

At last~ The unit I wanted the most from the banner. It was rough, but she's here. But... it didn't feel right, a dark cloud washed over me as soon as I saw her. My heart sank a bit and I checked her nature.

...Yep, +DEF/-ATK. So bittersweet. I'm so sick of that feeling... that unit you want... why can't it ever be a good nature? Those units you truly want? But I took her. It's the unit I want... I want to say it's a win... but why don't I feel that way?

I just wasn't satisfied afterwards, so I went in hoping for a red. Ryoma or Hrid. Sure I don't need them, but this is the perfect opportunity and I don't have either. So I keep going... keep going... and keep going until I'm on my last few orbs. I open that final red stone with what I have left and-

Hide contents

ZQXxhq4.png

Nope... haha. Such a bitter feeling. Yeah, I didn't have her, but... what are the odds between her and the two units I wanted, right? Anyways, she's pretty good so... I'll just check her nature and.... yep... +HP/-SPD.

"It's a *5, it's a *5" I just tried to keep telling myself that but I couldn't shake the utter feeling of disappointment. The only unit I didn't want out of both colors and both have crappy natures on top of that and just to add a cherry on top, are bad fodder. Odd Spd Wave is rare, sure. But most of the time the action starts on turn 2, making the skill iffy for combat. Even turn waves are much more practical. I feel like I've been kicked in the junk honestly. Regardless though, This is the end of the road for me, sadly.

This session made me realize a couple of things, actually. It made me realize how far I've come and how many tools I've accumulated. It's also made me realize that just pulling a *5 isn't enough to make me happy anymore. It has to be a unit I want or a skill I want for fodder. If it's a unit that will just sit in my barracks forever (Like my -ATK S!Leo) then it's almost pointless if not entirely. But most importantly... it's made me realize that no matter how much you plan for something, no matter what your strategy is the game can just give you a big middle finger and say screw you. 

For my orb count, technically I pulled a decent amount, but given what I wanted, what has value to me and what I got. The gains were bitter, even though I pulled a unit I wanted. It leaves me with this numb feeling honestly. Then I realize I wasted 3-4 hours for this, almost like a drug just trying to get those 4 orbs. Then waking up the next day tired as a result... it's not worth it. And it makes me want to evaluate my future with this game beyond recording clears, but that's a discussion for another time.

Either way, more orbs will come in for the month, but I'm done. Not spending any more orbs on this banner. Between the two coming Christmas banners, the colorless hero coming at the end of the month, the wildcard New/Special Heroes banners coming in december and NY!Azura coming back next month, I can't afford to waste anymore orbs unnecessarily. Back to stocking up.

Sorry to sound so negative. I hope all of you guys' pulls were awesome. It's just the nature of the gatcha. My time will come.

don't apologise being negative. lol. I am still so very salty about this banner. and I got two Lucy's with crap nature. I guess it's because IS won't acknowledge that they exist that they won't do anything to help people fix the natures  (I get it something something, won't pull anymore.). but i mean. i love Bow Lucinia, I will not have any problems pulling for her (or any one else, Orbs permitting), but bring in those thingies that let you fix natures that are in FE games. the boots, and speedwings etc. and goodness knows i've done it's a 5* chant. (Im still wondering how i am gonna benefit from Lavetaein who doens't have a boon in where she needs it) - but i am thinking about using her with Sumia who also has that link skill so they can be not speedy together. 

and I feel the same way you do, but  for me. it's double frustrating, because, while i have a good barracks, there are a lot of holes and i need (or would like to have) a lot of pieces.  so while i can't relate (totally - because i am utterly envious of your units and ability to do things i can't even dream of yet) - i totally am emphatic about your orb-y disappointments and moving on. 

I am gonna be joining you in Airzura hunting, may she come quickly and properly IV'ed. 

(and i saw. but i'm just gonna have to wait until February. :(. these orbs are now earmarked for Dec. Legendary may it go a lot better than this month's did)

@Zeo Ah, I realize I didn't post the natures~ Ryoma is actually awful. -Atk, +HP so not sure what I'll do with him since I didn't really plan to get him. I believe Hrid was +HP, -Res but he was devoured by H!Myrrh in his civic duty as DC fodder for the greater good~

Anyway, nothing wrong with being negative. I too would be highly salty if I pulled a Gunnthra while Summer Innes is sitting right there. Like you said, your time will come. I had the same feeling the last banner after I wasted 100 Orbs for just a better IV Summer Tana and she was the last unit I pulled (as well as the only 5*) only to be worse than the one I had before. The -Atk Lucina hurts but @mcsilas has been making his work in his clears, she's still a super good and useful unit that can be worked around the bad IVs, I think~ Better IV Gunnthra's an improvement. Cordelia is meh, I feel you on that one. I'm probably just gonna be saving for the Winter Banners now, too~ 

@Zeo There comes a point where if you don't get the exact unit you want with a good nature it feels like crap regardless of how good the pity breaker/unexpected unit is. It's ok to be negative, after all a gacha is a salt mine (I'm still baffled as to why I'm playing two of them...). 

For me...well, this aren't going well. I'm at a 4.75% pity rate on the Ylgr banner. WHY DOES SPD TACTIC ELUDES ME?!?! I just want to put Eirika at her maximum potential...

Well with most of the monthly orbs I finally pulled a Gunnthra who is new for me and I am calling it quits on this banner.  I would have loved a S!Innes, but I know better then to try my luck anymore.  Now to save orbs for book 3/Christmas banners.

@Zeo Darn, really, really sorry to hear about your pulls :(

On the bright side is, as an onwer of a -Atk L!Lucina, she's great to use with Future Vision no matter what her nature and is the funnest unit for me to use. Her weapon sort of makes up for the stat loss when against melee units, as long as she's not against bulky dragons. I do know that feeling though- a few of the hard to get Legendary units that I get are -Atk (some of them even superbanes...)

If it makes you feel better my Cordelia is -Atk which hurts since she has the lowest Atk of the Cordelias. Shell Lance is an okay weapon to make up for it I guess, I haven't even bothered giving her another weapon since she's mostly AA filler.

A better Gunnthra is nice as well, I don't even have her at all and she seems like a fun unit to use.

I hope you have better luck for your next banner though.