Lewyn came home quicker than I expected~ It was Ophelia's problematic ass that took over 100 Orbs to get~ Got pitybroken by -Atk Linde and a -Atk Tailtiu merge on the way but I'm finally glad to have these two~

Edited by Landmaster

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

WOW. Congrats! How far were you into the banner when you got them?

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster @Rafiel's Aria 

So I did one last try on the famed 2 person banner, since Surtr is pretty broken (and kind of fun to use). 3 greens in each account which is rare, so I...just had to open them all.

Second account gave me a -Atk Bartre, a Hawkeye and a +Atk/-Res Barst (Reposition!!!!). Well didn't expect a 5 star from a base rate anyway.

For my main account, I picked the first top left green orb and..

tumblr_pjkbm9gJbh1qc0fq5_540.pngtumblr_pjkbm8Eihu1qc0fq5_540.png

AHHHHH!!!! +DEF/-SPD MYRRH!!!!!!!

Finally, I get her, and with the perfect nature! Well, no Surtr but I'm perfectly satisfied to end the rate with her! I think this was 3.25% as well!

As for the new banner, nothing special in the first summon. I did open all the blue/greens (no reds and I don't really care about the colourless).

Main had all 3 star Titania, Frederick and some forgettable Blue.

Second gave me Libra, Cecilia, Robin M and Subaki (Yay I was running out of QR!)

Saving orbs for now so not sure if I'll revisit, besides the tickets. Actually, I wonder if I should stop opening the non-free orbs in the first summon and just do ticket sniping for banners that aren't super must have?

Perfect Myrrh! Congrats, that's some awesome luck!~

I've already got an excellent Lewyn, so just the free pull and ticket for me. Aiming for Ophelia, or Eir otherwise.

1. 4* Reinhardt: Nope. Vantage fodder, then.

Now to use the ticket.

1. 4* Niles: Iceberg fodder.

So far I've got a -Spd Eir (thank goodness for the neutral freebie) because green orbs refuse to show up and I don't need Owain/Ophelia. 

This means question time. How good is Mystic Boost? I know it gives life to niche units like Felicia/Julia at tanking dragons but outside of that I don't find it that good compared to a breaker or QR. If it is too niche, is it a good idea to merge Eir? I'll probably get her up to +2 or +3 while Hero Fest is around because I'll never get Lewyn and she offers that boost in Aether Raids which will help to speed up the future Lolizura+10 I plan to have. 

@mampfoid @Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy

40 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

So far I've got a -Spd Eir (thank goodness for the neutral freebie) because green orbs refuse to show up and I don't need Owain/Ophelia. 

This means question time. How good is Mystic Boost? I know it gives life to niche units like Felicia/Julia at tanking dragons but outside of that I don't find it that good compared to a breaker or QR. If it is too niche, is it a good idea to merge Eir? I'll probably get her up to +2 or +3 while Hero Fest is around because I'll never get Lewyn and she offers that boost in Aether Raids which will help to speed up the future Lolizura+10 I plan to have. 

I would choose to merge, personally. But when considering Mystic Boost, I find the HP regen to be more valuable personally. Any one you have that would like some healing?

@Alexmender congrats on your pull!

I don't see an obvious candidate. B slot is too valuable for such a skill. Units that attack have other means to survive (Desperation above all). 

Do you know a ranged unit that wants renewal (which is the secondary effect)? Perhaps beast units will have adaptive damage? A reason to delay the decision, because this would make the skill valuable to physical melee tanks. 

Merges aren't worth it imho, since it affects AR scoring only marginally. If Minizura is your focus, you may have a different opinion. 

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

its pretty niche. It definitly helps Felicia more then Julia. Julia will one shot green or blue dragons anyway. You can of course give it to Julia if you want to patch up her matchup against Red Dragons of course.

Flora can also us the skill if you want to run a Close Counter set on her with a QR seal and for enemy phase purposes, for playerphase purposes the skill isnt needed on her.

Deirdra is obviously a candidate too

now the skill is also very instersting on Julius due to his personal tome makeing him a monster against Dragon foes to tank because his tome inflicts -6 atk during combat against non Tiki personal weapon and he can basicly sport 50 RES or somethign pre buffs like that while recovering 6 HP for each battle makeing him like very hard for any Dragon (-Tiki) Reinhardt Veronica (due to halfed dmg) to take down.

Micaiah is another candidate

Most interesting option in my eyes is Julius due to his personal tome and with the recover it the skill offers. it basicly turns him into a magical wall

In the last couple of hours I managed to pull Surtr, My free pull was Lewyn and while I was trying for Sigurd merges I ended up with my first Siegbert.  I am really happy with my pulls, but now I am worried I will have bad luck on the next banner.  

@mcsilas Ideal nature Myrrh! It was a shocker for me too when I pulled her (as a free pull no less) but I was content with neutral. That's the cream of the crop you've got there! Treat her well. I hope you'll give her DC faster than me. I still haven't given anyone DC and am currently sitting on 3 spare Hectors.

@Alexmender I think Mystic Boost is a bit too niche and you'd be better off merging Eir for long term lift boosting potential. It has it's niche units like most of the genealogy mages but if you're not personally interested in them I don't see you getting a lot of mileage out of them with it.

@mampfoid @Cute Chao @Usana @Cute Chao @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy

Yeah, so I went ahead and jumped into summoning since I don't have any of the banner units. Owain and Lewyn I definitely want and Ophelia would be a welcome addition. First summon pool had nothing at all (not even a single green stone while we're there.) and usually I'd stop there but I had my trusty free summon ticket so I went back in and there was a color balance for a change so I felt good about it. Big fat nothing until I get to the last blue and green stones. Blue stone-

Spoiler

X5LId1E.png

Yeah... so. Didn't see this coming. Kinda ironic and bogus that he pitybreaks Ophelia even though he's not on her banner this time. Dropping 20k feathers for a *5 skill isn't really that expensive anymore either and I've already pulled one of him at *4. This could have been an Ophelia which kinda sucks. Still, he's +ATK/-RES so I guess I'll keep him. I'd kinda like a +DEF one but he could use the extra juice so let's see where he goes.

So yeah, seems like a lot of people are pulling Lewyns left and right on this banner pretty easily~

Spoiler

wJwrTKj.png

And I'm no different. Wasn't really expecting it though. He's +RES/-HP too so he's perfectly serviceable. Even though I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's getting a wind blessing (because duh) I'm hesitant because if I pull another one with a better nature then this one would be fodder (Matthew/Lilina/others?) and that's a waste of a blessing. So I dunno. This is cool though, probably the best thing I could have pulled on the banner even if Owain probably would have made me the most happy. I'm good with this, no complains.

I could keep pulling, but with 2 Christmas banners coming, followed by a legendary (colorless at that), then NY's return (and probably another NY banner on top of that) PLUS beast units. Orbs are kind of precious right now, so I won't be greedy with this and move on.

Edited by Zeo

Just saying, my intent with the 280 orbs I bought was neither to get all the Hero Fest units, nor was it to get a better Eir.

Which is why I got one of each of the Hero Fest units (Ophelia +Atk -Res, same as my current. Lewyn +Def -Spd. Two Eirs, one +HP -Def, the other +Def -HP. And most notably, Owain +Res -Spd, which... eh.) as well as +Atk -Def Mia... which I already have, and Exalt Chrom +Res -Atk... which is terrible.

Man, some Hero Fest... I'll gladly take Owain, don't get me wrong, but... man, I either got the same nature I already had, or something extremely terrible. I guess I can take the +HP -Def Eir since that's technically an overall defensive boost to a unit who has no physical defense...

Burned through my Orb stash (wasn't really that big, but still), but I got a second Eir (+DEF/-RES, not sure if that's better than neutral or not), so I'm gonna count the fact that I now have Mystic Boost fodder as a win. Now I just need to get an Alm some day...

Edited by ILikeKirbys

@SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoid @Hilda

Thanks! I think I'll wait until the banner is over before deciding on anything but I'll likely merge Eir. After using her for a while in FB I really liked her playstyle so I'll certainly use her quite a bit. After all, Witch Celica is the only unit that would like the healing to keep her Beloved Zofia active all the time but mine is built as a bruiser so she doesn't need it and I can't think of any unit that really wants it (Res Wall Julius sounds fun but I don't like him enough to give him such a rare skill).

@Zeo Congrats on that Lewyn! Everyone gets him, except me... He seems really fun to play with and Special Spiral is just dope. 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas Ideal nature Myrrh! It was a shocker for me too when I pulled her (as a free pull no less) but I was content with neutral. That's the cream of the crop you've got there! Treat her well. I hope you'll give her DC faster than me. I still haven't given anyone DC and am currently sitting on 3 spare Hectors.

@Alexmender I think Mystic Boost is a bit too niche and you'd be better off merging Eir for long term lift boosting potential. It has it's niche units like most of the genealogy mages but if you're not personally interested in them I don't see you getting a lot of mileage out of them with it.

@mampfoid @Cute Chao @Usana @Cute Chao @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy

Yeah, so I went ahead and jumped into summoning since I don't have any of the banner units. Owain and Lewyn I definitely want and Ophelia would be a welcome addition. First summon pool had nothing at all (not even a single green stone while we're there.) and usually I'd stop there but I had my trusty free summon ticket so I went back in and there was a color balance for a change so I felt good about it. Big fat nothing until I get to the last blue and green stones. Blue stone-

Hide contents

X5LId1E.png

Yeah... so. Didn't see this coming. Kinda ironic and bogus that he pitybreaks Ophelia even though he's not on her banner this time. Dropping 20k feathers for a *5 skill isn't really that expensive anymore either and I've already pulled one of him at *4. This could have been an Ophelia which kinda sucks. Still, he's +ATK/-RES so I guess I'll keep him. I'd kinda like a +DEF one but he could use the extra juice so let's see where he goes.

So yeah, seems like a lot of people are pulling Lewyns left and right on this banner pretty easily~

Hide contents

wJwrTKj.png

And I'm no different. Wasn't really expecting it though. He's +RES/-HP too so he's perfectly serviceable. Even though I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's getting a wind blessing (because duh) I'm hesitant because if I pull another one with a better nature then this one would be fodder (Matthew/Lilina/others?) and that's a waste of a blessing. So I dunno. This is cool though, probably the best thing I could have pulled on the banner even if Owain probably would have made me the most happy. I'm good with this, no complains.

I could keep pulling, but with 2 Christmas banners coming, followed by a legendary (colorless at that), then NY's return (and probably another NY banner on top of that) PLUS beast units. Orbs are kind of precious right now, so I won't be greedy with this and move on.

Funny, my first pull was Silas (4* though). Congrats on the Lewyn! Good to get at least one when there's so much to save for coming up~

@Zeo Wow, congrats on the Lewyn! And a really nice-natured Silas as well, I'm jealous haha

I know that feeling as well if I should invest in Lewyn or save him for Special Spiral. Premium fodder can make you indecisive sometimes.

Also that Silas reminds me of the last Hero Fest when I wanted to go for Nephenee (I avoided her debut banner since Oscar would pitybreak me) and lo and behold, Hero Fest 3 gave me an Oscar to block Nephenee lol.

I think I'll save my summon tickets until the last day for now, at least until I know what the calendar has in store. I hate being in the dark and daily ticket summons might make me spend orbs even though I don't really want to right now. The only unit I'm missing is Ophelia technically, even though more Special Spirals would be nice but I can wait on Ophelia, not a must have for me.

@mampfoid

As for free summons for the Tellius BHB, I was looking for a non -Spd Elincia. Main gave me a +Spd/-HP Seth while second account gave me a +Spd/-Def Soleil. Well...at least the boon was right.

Edited by mcsilas

@Zeo Congrats on Lewyn and that perfect bonus Silas!

Wouldn't mind a similar result either, but like you wrote there are greater things to come. Will use just those tickets (very tempting to use more orbs with them, free candy is evil ...) and hope for green/red orbs. 

Was trying for Lewyn on the Hero Fest Banner after getting another Free Summon Ticket and got my VERY FIRST ORIGINAL HECTOR!UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_81f.thumb.jpg.1663da3119819acfdfa93bb3614c028c.jpg

I had borderline-whaled for this man on the first Hero Fest, failing horribly, and suddenly, here he is! And he's +ATK/-SPD, the best IV combination. I just CAN'T right now :D:

58 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

As for free summons for the Tellius BHB, I was looking for a non -Spd Elincia. Main gave me a +Spd/-HP Seth while second account gave me a +Spd/-Def Soleil. Well...at least the boon was right.

Getting the unit we want on a free summon is still to be implemented I guess. Will you try harder for Elincia? 

Ok, Day 2 for Lewyn, 1 green orb in the circle, Let's Do This!

3* Bartre - not what I was looking for. Atk+, Spd- can be optimal IV though. You are still not Lewyn.

Free summon on Radiant banner, got all of them, going for a red: 3* Hana.

That's enough summoning for today. Tomorrow we'll continue for Lewyn.