• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Garlyle Happy birthday! Your present could have been better though.

@Alkaid Congrats on your pulls. Even if you're not 100% satisfied, those are some nice 5* units. Especially +SPD Sumia is great and you got your Ophelia in the end... twice. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Winter units not making me hot either. I put all tickets and ~60 orbs into hero fest and got a +HP/-RES Eir and +HP/SPD Owain. 

The banes (especially Owains) are unfortunate, but I can't complain overall. 

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

In total I got: Lute (+res -atk), Sumia (+spd -hp), a second Lewyn (+res -spd), and Ophelia +res -hp. Not that lucky for 200 orbs on a hero fest, but I did get 2 rare units I didn't have and Ophelia's not -atk or -spd. A bad second Lewyn means I get to keep my first one and sacrifice this instead.

if  you have a Sothe, give her LND.. KABOOM. (that's what i did with mine).  
(I'm kinda hoping my last ticket gives me a bad lewyn too) I am laughing because just like his first banner, he is just. not showing up. 

2 hours ago, Maaka said:

Looks like I'm going to have to pull for Fae since I don't have a single TT bonus unit due to skipping last year's Christmas banner. Was hoping to skip this one as well, but I'm not sure if I can hold back. Maybe she will have bad stats or something and I can get away without pulling.

My free summon ticket got me a 3* Lucius today, +atk/-def. Might be time to start working on my +10 healer now that I literally got both wrathful staff fodder and an amazing nature for Lucius on this banner. I have enough of him, so I just need to start working on feathers for him.

I don't have any of them either. like. thank you a lot game :p this really sucks :( 

Today's free pull (with 3 Grey's) was .... 
5* Legault. +hp/-res 
so. ehh? i already had one *def/-res so.. not sure what to do with this one. i don't really reach  for him, but. not gonna complain. :)
(Coulda been like BowHinoka or Veronica though, game - just sayin).

@Garlyle Sorry you didn't get a better present - maybe tomorrow....  Happy birthday!

@Alkaid Welcome to the Sumia club!  I got her off focus in the CYL2 banner.  While the bane is unfortunate, Lute with +Res can ploy lots of heroes.  That's unfortunate that you spent all your orbs for Ophelia, but at least you got her and another copy to boot.

@mampfoid That's not bad for 60 orbs and the tickets!  Congrats!  I'm sure you can find a way to make Owain useful unless you wish to fodder him off.

@Maaka Hopefully you'll get Fae quickly if you pull for her!  Please let me know how it goes!

My free ticket gave me a Shigure.  I'm leaning against pulling on the Winter Heroes banner, as much as I like seeing Binding Blade and Sacred Stones get some seasonal love.  I have to save for the December legendary and the New Year's 2018 (NY!Azura) rerun banners; normally I spend orbs (75 max) for bonus units for Tempest Trials, but I likely won't here.

Just now, DarkAlf said:

That's not bad for 60 orbs and the tickets!  Congrats!  I'm sure you can find a way to make Owain useful unless you wish to fodder him off.

Thanks! 

Yeah, it was a nice haul. Even if a second Eir isn't that useful for me (the extra blessing is welcome though), I won't merge the neutral copy and I won't run double Eir in AR.

Owain is a cool dude. I already leveled him up and he procs Blue Flame with every hit on EP. Perhaps he doesn't need SPD that bad. 

2 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

My free ticket gave me a Shigure.  I'm leaning against pulling on the Winter Heroes banner, as much as I like seeing Binding Blade and Sacred Stones get some seasonal love.  I have to save for the December legendary and the New Year's 2018 (NY!Azura) rerun banners; normally I spend orbs (75 max) for bonus units for Tempest Trials, but I likely won't here.

If you don't like anyone, it seems a good idea to save orbs. Especially since you'll get Cecilia pretty fast for bonus. 

What do you expect from December Legendary? (Good luck on that and getting Airzura btw.)

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What do you expect from December Legendary? (Good luck on that and getting Airzura btw.)

Thank you!  I'm saving for Fjorm and L!Hector merges, currently at +2 and +0, respectively.  I'll spend at least 500 orbs on this banner alone sniping blue and green.  (I'm currently at nearly 500, and should be over 650 before the month ends if I don't spend any more, and there's a ton coming when the new year starts.)  Hopefully Summer Camilla is also on there because I need more units with Hone Fliers, and a bladetome would be great on her if I get NY!Azura.  I've eyed this banner since late September.

The plan is to try for NY!Azura first, and if I get her within 200 orbs, I will take the remaining orbs budgeted for NY!Azura and spend those on the December legendary banner in addition to the 500 already earmarked.  (The legendary banner lasts 11 days, the longest span of all the legendary banners; that's a ton of time.)

I'm glad you're enjoying Owain!

12 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

Thank you!  I'm saving for Fjorm and L!Hector merges, currently at +2 and +0, respectively.  I'll spend at least 500 orbs on this banner alone sniping blue and green.  (I'm currently at nearly 500, and should be over 650 before the month ends if I don't spend any more, and there's a ton coming when the new year starts.)  Hopefully Summer Camilla is also on there because I need more units with Hone Fliers, and a bladetome would be great on her if I get NY!Azura.  I've eyed this banner since late September.

The plan is to try for NY!Azura first, and if I get her within 200 orbs, I will take the remaining orbs budgeted for NY!Azura and spend those on the December legendary banner in addition to the 500 already earmarked.  (The legendary banner lasts 11 days, the longest span of all the legendary banners; that's a ton of time.)

I'm glad you're enjoying Owain!

is there anyone on the winter banner you like? like at all? 
I'm just thinking because Fjorm/Hector will come back, yah? but if you don't like anyone then for sure, save save save. 

That's what i am trying to do. Get Airzura first. then get everyone else  this is kinda risky for me, because I don't 'math' well and i don't want to spend any orb earned in January for any "active' banner if this makes sense. (and in a sense, i'm wonder with Airzura as a focus unit - it makes more sense to try to get more than 1 copy (Hone on seasonal units is just stupid - and Hinoka isn't demoted or on a focus banner. 

but..
I want Armour Staff Erikia. really, really badly. 
Winter Tharja too. 
stupid gatcha..

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Any particular reason to merge Fjorm (now)? 

I happened to have gotten a Fjorm with minimal orbs last time she appeared, and she popped up in March/April (whenever she appeared at that time).  At the time I saved for other banners, so I didn't go hard the last few times she appeared.  I figured that as a F2P, I may as well try to focus on merging legendary (and eventually mythic) heroes as much as I can to cover at least 3 of the seasons, and while there could always be an armored water legendary unit in the future, I'd have Fjorm to cover for water season for Arena Assault, and she's a bonus unit in Arena - hopefully she stays in the rotation even with the introduction of Book III so that I can stay T20.5 or even stay T21 if the seasons line up right.  L!Hector would cover fire, and likely L!Tiki for earth (I don't have her, so I might try to get her in January, although I'll be rebuilding my orb stash at that point, so I might wait a bit).

Edited by DarkAlf

24 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

I happened to have gotten a Fjorm with minimal orbs last time she appeared, and she popped up in March/April (whenever she appeared at that time).  At the time I saved for other banners, so I didn't go hard the last few times she appeared.  I figured that as a F2P, I may as well try to focus on merging legendary (and eventually mythic) heroes as much as I can to cover at least 3 of the seasons, and while there could always be an armored water legendary unit in the future, I'd have Fjorm to cover for water season for Arena Assault, and she's a bonus unit in Arena - hopefully she stays in the rotation even with the introduction of Book III so that I can stay T20.5 or even stay T21 if the seasons line up right.  L!Hector would cover fire, and likely L!Tiki for earth (I don't have her, so I might try to get her in January, although I'll be rebuilding my orb stash at that point, so I might wait a bit).

I can understand the wish to have a merged Fjorm for arena, but for scoring proposes she would prefer a team of water blessed units, not other Legendaries. For other things there are better Legendary units than her. At least it seems Eir won't steal her arena rotation slot, since Eir will be the "Fjorm" for Aether Raids. 

I'm not much into the legendary + blessing concept, so if I start to merge a unit, it doesn't depend on the Legendary status. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I can understand the wish to have a merged Fjorm for arena, but for scoring proposes she would prefer a team of water blessed units, not other Legendaries. For other things there are better Legendary units than her. At least it seems Eir won't steal her arena rotation slot, since Eir will be the "Fjorm" for Aether Raids. 

I understand it's better to use blessed units with legendary heroes.  My goal is to have three +10 teams for Arena Assault, with a legendary hero in each with the respective blessing on the other 3 units so that I can score high on the first match regardless of the current season rotation; as an example, one goal is to have a +10 L!Hector with Fae, A!Tiki and Gwendolyn, all fire-blessed.  I have 4 +10 heroes as it is: A!Tiki, Fae, Nino, and Gwendolyn. The other five likely will be Draug, Sheena (when I get enough copies), Effie, and two others I'll decide on within the next few months (Cordelia? Nowi? Cherche? Olivia if Red Infantry Duel is released?).

You're right that there are better legendaries for the other modes; I'm just talking about Arena (Assault) and Aether Raids.

For Aether Raids, I have 3 Eirs, two of whom I use in my main team along with a light-blessed PA!Azura and Aversa, plus the bonus unit.  I'll have to come up with a way to make 3 different reliable offensive teams that cover three (or maybe all four) of the four mythic elements - there's plenty of time to decide how to handle that.  My priority is low for Aether Raids after pulling those two Eirs; I'd rather focus on building more high-scoring teams for Arena Assault.

14 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

understand it's better to use blessed units with legendary heroes.  My goal is to have three +10 teams for Arena Assault, with a legendary hero in each with the respective blessing on the other 3 units so that I can score high on the first match regardless of the current season rotation; as an example, one goal is to have a +10 L!Hector with Fae, A!Tiki and Gwendolyn, all fire-blessed.  I have 4 +10 heroes as it is: A!Tiki, Fae, Nino, and Gwendolyn. The other five likely will be Draug, Sheena (when I get enough copies), Effie, and two others I'll decide on within the next few months (Cordelia? Nowi? Cherche? Olivia if Red Infantry Duel is released?).

Will you merge them all at 4*? 

Having four full teams at 5* +10 would take a lot of time and resources.

16 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

For Aether Raids, I have 3 Eirs, two of whom I use in my main team along with a light-blessed PA!Azura and Aversa, plus the bonus unit.  I'll have to come up with a way to make 3 different reliable offensive teams that cover three (or maybe all four) of the four mythic elements - there's plenty of time to decide how to handle that.  My priority is low for Aether Raids after pulling those two Eirs; 

I'm with two Eirs, but I'm not very performant at AR (tier 17 currently). As long as I'm promoting weekly, I'll be content enough. 

18 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

'd rather focus on building more high-scoring teams for Arena Assault.

Why would you do that? If you have a blessing of each element on your starter team you miss only two points overall. 

I have four teams (not merged) of each element for match 2-7. Those aren't relevant for scoring, only each blessing/legendary unit of the according season gives 1 point extra. 

With my starter team of three 5*+10 units and one 5*+6 unit I'm in AA top 5k since months. 

After seeing the new banner I decided to save and stop summoning on the hero fest. Well let's say I am more than happy about my pulls an Owain, two Lewyns and two Ophelias. One Lewyn was sacrificed to Ophelia for special spiral and one Ophelia was merged so I don't complain.

Also if Gamepress's summon simulator is accurate as of now then the Christmas banner is surely wierd. I saw the odds from a table sent in another thread and after testing myself I was surprised. So the 180+BST (possibly) Fae was very common then was Eirika and then Ephraim (I was expecting the opposite to be the case actually). What I did was summon in green, blue and colourless and start eliminating colours as I got their heroes. Fae came always in less than 70, Eirika at 100 maybe and Ephraim at 200 (he happens to be the only unit I want and need generally as I have only a -spd unrefined Catria as far as lances go), also note that all numbers are rounded up.

Edited by SuperNova125

21 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

After seeing the new banner I decided to save and stop summoning on the hero fest. Well let's say I am more than happy about my pulls an Owain, two Lewyns and two Ophelias. One Lewyn was sacrificed to Ophelia for special spiral and one Ophelia was merged so I don't complain.

Also if Gamepress's summon simulator is accurate as of now then the Christmas banner is surely wierd. I saw the odds from a table sent in another thread and after testing myself I was surprised. So the 180+BST (possibly) Fae was very common then was Eirika and then Ephraim (I was expecting the opposite to be the case actually). What I did was summon in green, blue and colourless and start eliminating colours as I got their heroes. Fae came always in less than 70, Eirika at 100 maybe and Ephraim at 200 (he happens to be the only unit I want and need generally as I have only a -spd unrefined Catria as far as lances go), also note that all numbers are rounded up.

pls send me your crappy IV Lewyn vibes so Ophelia can get special spiral :D 

yah i was playing with it too. Fae seems that she'll be easily snaggable (power of Green). 
and either Eirika comes stupid early - or it's a crap tonne of orbs for her. (though for Me I got Ephriam more than Eirika). even the simulator has Desire Sensor. 

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

pls send me your crappy IV Lewyn vibes so Ophelia can get special spiral :D 

yah i was playing with it too. Fae seems that she'll be easily snaggable (power of Green). 
and either Eirika comes stupid early - or it's a crap tonne of orbs for her. (though for Me I got Ephriam more than Eirika). even the simulator has Desire Sensor. 

Both Lewyns were -spd, one was +Atk and I kept him the other was +Def (he was foddered so no sendings). Also Owain was -Atk and one Ophelia was +Hp -Def and the other +Def -Res, chose the hp one and I could go all day long about the crappy natures I get. So I believe I will get all units in the banner but with the worst IVs possible.

On another note will this banner have first summon tickets in any form (daily bonus or TT reward)? 

Edited by SuperNova125

12 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Both Lewyns were -spd, one was +Atk and I kept him the other was +Def (he was foddered so no sendings). Also Owain was -Atk and one Ophelia was +Hp -Def and the other +Def -Res, chose the hp one and I could go all day long about the crappy natures I get. So I believe I will get all units in the banner but with the worst IVs possible.

On another note will this banner have first summon tickets in any form (daily bonus or TT reward)? 

ugh (sigh) i ruly hate when that happens. i hope the next batch of heroes you get have better ivs for sure. 

dunno. it would be nice that's for sure but maybe they're gonna do it for 1 banner a month? like the next one i know for sure is gonna be the RD banner 

@DarkAlf @mampfoid Thank you guys! Since Shanna, Abel and Klein seems to be my rarest pulls, it's not terrible. Also I don't have a +10 Reinhardt, so why not have an extra copy. Atk+, Hp-, I think my current version is more optimal.

Edited by Garlyle

@mampfoid @daisy jane @DarkAlf

Thanks! Since I DID get Ophelia in the end, I'm pretty cool with my Sumia and Lute. They're both rare units and on that "I'd like to have them but I wouldn't spend orbs for them over other things." So as pity breakers they're pretty ideal ones since it's about the only way I'd get them. And now I can keep a Lewyn to use too, since I would have sacrificed my only copy for Opehlia had I not gotten the second. I put LaD and SS on Ophelia and she was worth every orb. Absolute destruction everywhere.

And good luck to you guys saving for Azura! She's definitely worth the wait. Even if she seems a bit more standard next to Ninian and Olivia able to buff all stats, you'd be surprised how often the +2 def/res drive from her Hagoita can help out too.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Even the simulator knows I got bad luck. I checked the box for green orbs only, about 144 orbs later I have four regular Fae (3/4*) and a Winter Eirika for lack of greens -_-

Lord save me.

Edited by Mau

36 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid @daisy jane @DarkAlf

Thanks! Since I DID get Ophelia in the end, I'm pretty cool with my Sumia and Lute. They're both rare units and on that "I'd like to have them but I wouldn't spend orbs for them over other things." So as pity breakers they're pretty ideal ones since it's about the only way I'd get them. And now I can keep a Lewyn to use too, since I would have sacrificed my only copy for Opehlia had I not gotten the second. I put LaD and SS on Ophelia and she was worth every orb. Absolute destruction everywhere.

And good luck to you guys saving for Azura! She's definitely worth the wait. Even if she seems a bit more standard next to Ninian and Olivia able to buff all stats, you'd be surprised how often the +2 def/res drive from her Hagoita can help out too.

:D  i am happy for you! I am hoping tomorrow brings in the crappiest IV Lewyn known to man, because while I'd love to see Lewyn Destroy things at +10 - having Ophelia do it at +1 at +atk/+spd (Thanks LND), would be equally as fun

I would like to have a Lute too, @Alkaid so you have to let me know how you like her. I will now never mind more Sumia's as she's now on a "hey let's buff her up as much as possible" - she's such a treat on my FlySquad team. 

My hope is - I somehow some way luck into a Flylivia when I get Airzura. that or she somehow gets a focus unit banner. (without a shared colour). 

13 minutes ago, Mau said:

Even the simulator knows I got bad luck. I checked the box for green orbs only, about 144 orbs later I have four regular Fae (3/4*) and a Winter Eirika for lack of greens -_-

Lord save me.

same. :( but with colourless). 

43 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, those pity breakers (preferably at a low rate) are best. Got some of my most fun untits that way. 

Who is on Ophelia's team? Owain? 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

:D  i am happy for you! I am hoping tomorrow brings in the crappiest IV Lewyn known to man, because while I'd love to see Lewyn Destroy things at +10 - having Ophelia do it at +1 at +atk/+spd (Thanks LND), would be equally as fun

I would like to have a Lute too, @Alkaid so you have to let me know how you like her. I will now never mind more Sumia's as she's now on a "hey let's buff her up as much as possible" - she's such a treat on my FlySquad team. 

My hope is - I somehow some way luck into a Flylivia when I get Airzura. that or she somehow gets a focus unit banner. (without a shared colour).

She's pretty cool! Kind of a blue Arvis, I suppose. I'll use her as a ploy supporter since she's got almost 40 res with +res and Fury 2 on her. (why won't the game give me more Hinataaaaaa)

That'd be really nice. Hopefully she gets a 3 unit banner some time, since I pulled for her (and Maribelle) on the original banner and got up to a disgusting 5.75% rate before getting anything. (only got Olivia) Man I hate 4 unit banners rates.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, those pity breakers (preferably at a low rate) are best. Got some of my most fun untits that way. 

Who is on Ophelia's team? Owain? 

I'm not sure yet, but definitely little Azura and another mage to get that juicy turn 1 special going.

Edited by Alkaid