23 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo  @mampfoid

Hrmm, I just got back up to 35 orbs from Grand Conquests, and a smart person wouldn't have summoned on the ending Sword Valour banner but...

well, I didn't have Gray in my second account and I wanted to try to get one of my faves (he isn't featured very often), even if I already had the other two Valour units (wouldn't mind a non -Atk Lene though). Plus I could do villager clears with Amelia if I get him.

I just did 1 free red summon at the start of the banner, so I still had a base 3%. Took the risk, 2 red orbs- one Olivia and the other?

tumblr_plmnxuyFYL1qc0fq5_540.png

Eyy! I got Gray after all this time! Sure his IVs are a bit rubbish (+Res/-Spd) but I'll make him work! 

Then I tried for the beasts again- 3 blues. No Nailah, but I got Gray's love interest Clair with a nice +Atk/-HP. Already have a Spd boon but maybe Atk superboon will be better in the long run?

And for some reason,  there seems to be an Echoes theme, since I got a free Boey for the New Power banner. Kind wanted a non -Atk Deirdre, but just went back to 20 orbs so I better wait for the banner trailer.

---

In the meantime, I don't have Exalt Chrom or Lene in my main so I wouldn't mind those. Got Stahl, Athena and more importantly Hinata! At least Fury makes it not a waste.

As for the New Power banner, my current Julia is my -Res so I want to fix that up or get the lovely Deirdre. 4 blues and  1 green make it easy, so I pick green and..

tumblr_plmo05vFpq1qc0fq5_540.jpg

Free Julia! Still -Res, although she has HP boon instead of my current Def boon, so maybe...more HP is better? At least merge update will remove the -Res but still undecided on the weapon refine.

Orbs stash kind of back to barely 20 hours just before a banner trailer...but getting the right 5 stars is good enough for me :)

Good on you with a merged Julia. Personally I'd go for Divine Naga's special refine. A Res-neutral Julia has 32 Res, which can easily be bumped up to 35 by Fury, which means she'll trigger the refine's effect against most enemies. Then of course Divine Naga itself is hilariously powerful.

Anyway, since I have precisely no interest in the new seasonal banner, back to looking for more Julias (or a Deirdre). 34 orbs on hand.

1. 4* Cherche: Pivot fodder at last.
  2. 3* Catria: Meh.
  3. 3* Wendy: Feathers.

Oh well. 21 orbs left.

1. 3* Gunter: Bleh.
  2. 3* Frederick: More bleh.
  3. 3* Est: Worthless.

That was disappointing.

EDIT: Picked up some more orbs. Up to 30.

1. 4* Peri: Meh.
  2. 3* Est: Feathers.

Back down to 21 orbs.

1. 4* Cecilia: Meh.
  2. 5* Ylgr: Hello there! My first colored dagger at long last! Unfortunately +HP/-Spd is awful IV-wise, but it's still nice to have you, Ylgr.
  3. 3* Est: Again?

I think I'm done with this banner. Two Julias and Ylgr plus some good SI fodder is far more than I deserve for the number of orbs invested.

Edited by KMT4ever
Couldn't resist the urge to pull more.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

Good to see you break your pity, even though both Laevatein and Tibarn are -Atk.  Stay strong for Rinkah!

Thanks, I am happy though. The last thing I try to complain about are banes.
I will stay strong. At least for now I don't have any reason to pull. Maybe Mythic banner could be a bait. But I got the hang again of managing my orbs. Next seasonal banner will be skip. Only surprise could be Tatiana and Zeke, but they just don't do that. 

Do dream-pulls count...? I was going for currently-future Hot Springs Hinoka but there were no greens in the circle... until a few seconds later when there was one! Thanks dream! :D Alas, it was a 4* Sheena (my dreams are mostly harshly realistic). I pulled some more, did not get Hinoka, but I did pull a Legendary Ike... somehow. Thanks dream!

As for real pulls, I did not get any greens on the New Power banner and both my Julia and Deidre would love a merge. Decided to go for blue instead and got a 4* Odin. Good fodder at least! He also has Blarblade just like Tailtiu, what are the odds?

Pulled a Winter Tharja on the last day.  Literally the best IVs too +Def -Spd.  I pulled another Tharja and Lissa on that banner to feed Vengeful Fighter to W! Cecilia and Bold Fighter to Black Knight.  #Lindy :B):

Free pull out of the New Power banner went to green...with a non-Atk bane Brave Ephraim coming my way. I can finally get rid of the older -Atk one I had gotten on the Brave Heroes banner last year (now, who wants Special Fighter?).

4 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Free pull out of the New Power banner went to green...with a non-Atk bane Brave Ephraim coming my way. I can finally get rid of the older -Atk one I had gotten on the Brave Heroes banner last year (now, who wants Special Fighter?).

tiki if she's +spd

I am about to cry right now... Hahaha *sob*

I decided to give the Beast Banner a last chance, now that the Special Heroes didn't get my attention... and I got a 5-Stars L' Arachel. At least I got her at 3,25%. +HP -Res, for my sadness.

This is my 5th pity broke unit on this banner! Quan, Amelia, Karel, SM Eirika, and now L'Arachel. I am getting more units on this banner than when I summon on Legendary Banners. I would be happy if all five units were units that I don't have.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am about to cry right now... Hahaha *sob*

I decided to give the Beast Banner a last chance, now that the Special Heroes didn't get my attention... and I got a 5-Stars L' Arachel. At least I got her at 3,25%. +HP -Res, for my sadness.

This is my 5th pity broke unit on this banner! Quan, Amelia, Karel, SM Eirika, and now L'Arachel. I am getting more units on this banner than when I summon on Legendary Banners. I would be happy if all five units were units that I don't have.

Forget about it! I got Tibarn and Nailah at 3% on the next summoning circle. The game took pity on me and gave me the two units that I wanted. Tibarn is +Res -Atk (worst  IVs but I don't care), and Nailah is +Spd -Res. I am so happy right now! But without orbs.

I hope Reyson gets demoted... Please IntSys...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Forget about it! I got Tibarn and Nailah at 3% on the next summoning circle. The game took pity on me and gave me the two units that I wanted. Tibarn is +Res -Atk (worst  IVs but I don't care), and Nailah is +Spd -Res. I am so happy right now! But without orbs.

I hope Reyson gets demoted... Please IntSys...

Whew, glad you walked away with two of them~ Congrats~ Also hoping Reyson gets demoted, I'd really like to have him~

I got the best girl!

tumblr_plrw698Zs21ta965c_540.png

She is -Atk +Res though, so I am hoping I can pull another copy of her to fix it. Otherwise she'll mostly function as a support healer/buffer. I am also still trying for Hinoka.

Got pity broken by Minerva and Lewyn. Minerva is definitely fodder and I am already thinking about who I could give Special Spiral too. :)

14 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Free pull on Hostile Springs was +ATK/-RES Hot Springs Hinoka! Somehow I lucked out! Woohoo!

The rest of that circle wasn't anything worth writing about, but hey, I can now completely ignore this banner!

I'm so jelly! I spent like 60 orbs on only green and got nothin'! My free pull was a Bartre...

But congrats! Enjoy Splishy Splashy Hinoka :D
This banner's going on for a whole month so there's plenty of time for me to also get one!

I tried a bit for Hinoka's dagger with the paralogue's orbs but ended with Boey and Arthur (ugh, I hate seeing Mr. Bad luck himself). Oh well, that's all I cared about but it's no biggie so I'll keep the rest of my meager savings and the CC orbs for the Legendary banner

I had 21 orbs, so I went to the New Years banner to try to break my 4% pity rate. And got a round of what amounts to basically launch day units (and Seth), none of which have the nature I'm looking for. What is this. What the fuck is this. I fucking hate summoning. I just want to break my stupid pity rate!!!!!!!!

Also, can we delete units like Gaius from the summoning pool yet. They're not good units, and they have absolutely no fodder. Why is the stupid pool inflated with launch day units who basically have no more value anymore?

Edited by Sunwoo

I got +atck -def Sakura on my free pull. I'll probably even use her. Wish Elise was the healer, I just like her better. But not complaining at all.

Since I won't pull on this banner anymore, I'm giving out my luck to anyone who does. Hope it's not fully spent already.

Free pull at the Hot Springs banner: no greens -_- Colorless gave me a 4* Kaze.

I'm still stuck on the NY 2019 and Beasts banner so leaving the Hot Springs banner alone for now, though am definitely tempted to try more for Hinoka later.

For now, today's results on the NY 2019 banner:

• Two greens, why are all the greens here instead of the banners where I need them :/
  • 3* Selena (eyy more reposition fodder)
  • 4* Leon (mehhh)

Ok second sessions cause I still got 14 orbs:

• 4* Hana (mehhh)
  • 4* Clarine (MEHHHH)
  • 4* Sakura (mehhh)

Welp, no luck at all today :( Really wondering if I should just give up one this banner, it already cost me so many orbs...

Edited by Mau

59 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cool, congrats! Good luck getting the others as well! 

Thanks! I really just want Hinoka and another copy of Sakura. I don't care about Elise and Ryouma's damage art ruins the alt for me. 

I do not know why it took me so long to realize why I'm so annoyed with my pulls considering I've pulled "ludicrous" amounts of 5* since the year started, but, better late than never, after the initial rush faded I now know why I have this bitter aftertaste. It's about quality, not quantity, and other little details pissing me off with my compulsion on how to act in certain situations.

With the risk of looking like a whiner, once again, let's recapitulate, starting with the Winter banners:

Went sniping for Eirika 180+ orbs for one copy in 2019 ("pot-committed", I guess) and a random Fae (still in 2018) I don't really care for atm, nothing too out of the ordinary and I should have just ignored Eirika tbh (went for her unique type, mostly); still got what I actually went for, but made me kinda broke.

Old New Years: I didn't care, pulled 2 greens and a red in the first circle, got Camilla, fine, didnt really care, but a new unit, at least. Still, the excitement flew off rather quickly (After some consideration, I don't think I'll use her anywhere)

New New Years: Pulled the entire first circle without any must-haves - Eldigan and Swordhardt (atrocious pulls, Eldigan is useless, Swordhardt is the third copy, all bad assets/flaws, and unwanted, catching dust) and Laevatein (I don't mind having at least one version of her, but again, not really that important).

Legendary: Everything I could muster sniping for broken Azura - Hector, Fjorm, 2x Camilla, 2x Ninos, Helbindi; all in relatively low orb numbers - "Hey, why would you complain with those great pulls in such a short amount of time?" Oh, believe me, I agree with that sentiment, and yet, I just cannot feel the satisfaction I would have had with single copies of the units I actually aimed for. Not only did I not pull what I wanted (let's face it, L!Azura is ridiculous), I pulled all the others on that colour and several off-colours. Also a random Hector (of course when I'm not going for him....), which should be great as DC fodder for my waiting Eirika, but I just cannot sacrifice him, as he is neutral in stats, hard to get and not a bad unit. My brain refuses to kill off my only copy of him... I would immediately sac V!ector or OG Hector, but for some reason I cannot do the same with this one... Helbindi is useless now that I already gave my Soren G Duel Infantry; Camilla is fine for more flyer teams, Nino doesn't interest me, Fjorm is a dud (can't even merge her to not jeopardize the success of online guides with her in it).

Beast banner: Sniping for Nailah with everything I can collect, and I get Leanne, random Fallen Celica, and random OG Ephraim...all units I don't want or need (or are entirely useless, Ephraim being one). The only useful one for AA, Leanne, has -Spd, of course.

And today, the bucket banner, to end the mocking "quantity over quality" phase: No must-haves and only pulling on the first circle, would take Hinoka and Sakura, since I like them. With 1 green and two colourless, I pull: Spring Sakura! Cool, what's her flaw? -Att, wow, cool, like my H!Mia, welcome to the club of being huge disappointments.... but HALT, it's not over, the other colourless is also a 5*! - Mist..... I'm actually an exception, someone who is really happy of getting one copy of Mist.... too bad this happened on her debut banner, making this one completely pointless (and don't you dare telling me I can now neutralize her flaw with a merge, coz it really does not matter on her).

So let's see, with all the F2P orbs we got since the end of last year I got 18 freaking 5* units, that's mind-blowing for me. And yet, I cannot shake off this bitter taste in my mouth. I'd love to be content with the quantity, but I can't. I just want the units I actually aim for at this point in the game. Sorry for the wall of text and my frequent whining while being statistically lucky, I can't help it.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, what's wrong with the art? He seems to perform a full body flex. ^^ 

It just seems off. The first time I saw it I thought he was taking a huge dump...