Chill banner

>"I want Ranulf"
>no greens, only reds and blues
>"I already have the Celica. Probably won't get Ophelia anyway"
>gets Ophelia

WHY COULDN'T I HAVE FREE SUMMONED JULIA OR SIGURD INSTEAD

The Ophelia's +res -def, just so-so

EDIT: Sorry I sound a bit cranky. Ophelia is a character I'm not a fan of in general, and I had a pretty shitty summoning session last night when I got a bunch of orbs of the right color that I couldn't open because I didn't have enough. Also, Julia avoids me on all of her banners in general, which is making me more ;/

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chill banner first. Since I don't have Ophelia she's the target.

1. 4* Tailtiu: Good SI fodder.

And since I've got 20 orbs, another poke for Julia.

1. 3* Hana: Garbage.

You know, Feh, I wouldn't mind a Sigurd instead of Julia...Might as well try once more. 15 orbs left.

1. 3* Soren: More garbage.

Oh well.

8 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

At this point I had kind of accepted that I was not going to get her to +10 that day, so I started preparing to have to save all my orbs for this banner the next month. And then, this insanity happened:

Wow, that's an insane session, very cool. Congrats on finishing Tana, she is a great unit.

Also your +4 Celica looks great, Roy is very useful btw (my only 5 *exclusive +10). 

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I've been saving orbs for quite a long time, but this morning I hit the 1K milestone.  A couple weeks back I decided I wanted to take advantage of the increased rates the revival banners offer and finally +10 Julia to go along with the +10 Julius I use for content clears.  After running the simulator a bunch, I was confident I could at least get most of the way there for now even with bad luck.  172 summons and 812 orbs later...

1,000 orbs and that after summoning only colorless for so long to merge F!Grima. Respect! 

Congrats getting all those merges for Julia! I'm looking forward to see her with Julius. 

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Chill banner

>"I want Ranulf"
>no greens, only reds and blues
>"I already have the Celica. Probably won't get Ophelia anyway"
>gets Ophelia

WHY COULDN'T I HAVE FREE SUMMONED JULIA OR SIGURD INSTEAD

The Ophelia's +res -def, just so-so

EDIT: Sorry I sound a bit cranky. Ophelia is a character I'm not a fan of in general, and I had a pretty shitty summoning session last night when I got a bunch of orbs of the right color that I couldn't open because I didn't have enough. Also, Julia avoids me on all of her banners in general, which is making me more ;/

Well, you do get her B skill to fodder.

Meanwhile, I was afraid Ranulf would happen. I still think Tibarn on this banner would have been horrifying, just a perfect storm.

I'm going to hold back, but between this, the Frelians and the legendary banner my orbs are not safe.

2 Colourless, 1 each Red, Blue, Green

4* Libra (You're alright fodder. +Res/-Spd, can't get a single one that isn't -Spd or Atk.)

I was so so excited for this banner because I thought finally Flying Olivia will have a banner. I wasn't really playing when she first Debuted (Plus i was on Vacation) so i had like 2 orbs or something, and on her Legendary debut, i got 3 Tanas instead. so even though it's Duma Celica (the one Celica i need to complete Celica emblem), and I'm probably going to kick myself for not trying for her - Hector is next week, and I'm not the type of person to get lucky with orbs to 5* ratio. (AND Legendary/Summer 2/Dancers are coming). 

couldn't even get a red to see if I could like free pull Celica - got an Abel at 3*. 
I knew my free pull Sigurd meant trouble 😢 

Hopefully one day I can get my Sky-High Dancer. 

Edited by daisy jane

A last summoning last night got me something really good!

Screenshot_20190624-2240242.png

Got a +Def -Spd Summer Helbindi, and a +HP -Spd Mordecai. Yay!

I will definitely use this Mordecai, but Helbindi will not live for much longer... Mar Mar will get some R Duel Infantry and Rally Atk/Def+ this week.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I actually got to try a green for my free pull today, happy morning! Because Ranulf is on this new banner. But sadly no Ranulf there. I'd love to merge him up someday though. Ranulf is my favorite Tellius character besides Ike, Elincia, and Kieran. ❤️

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A last summoning last night got me something really good!

Wow, didn't know you got both in one session, congrats! 

Rip Helbindi, but you are born to be fodder. Have fun with Mordecai, I guess you'll run him with Kaden? 

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Rip Helbindi, but you are born to be fodder. Have fun with Mordecai, I guess you'll run him with Kaden? 

Odin and Saizo are also good picks to be Mordecai's ally.

Odin can get buffed in all 4 stats after Mordecai's assist since he has Atk/Spd Link on his weapon and Def/Res Link on his B-slot, while Saizo will enjoy to attack a foe already debuffed thanks to Mordecai's weapon.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Had to undergo a surprise summoning session to get Ranulf, I was not expecting him to be reran so soon. But I needed him.

Went in with 144 Orbs, it went something like (I don't recall exactly, I might be missing a Libra)

Sheena, Gaius, Arthur, Bphraim? (the Garm thief got squeezed immediately, give it back to Duessel!)

Arthur, Arthur, Raven, Raven, Serra, Libra, Raven, Ranulf! 

Ranulf is +Def -Res, dunno how that is for him, but I don't care. The blue kitty cat and friend to all is mine.

Now I'm down to 95 Orbs and need to begin saving for yet another Green Headache- Minerva. I hope she comes.

Week 8 is after 3H releases. Maybe IS will be so nice as to give a free 20 or 30 Orbs to celebrate.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ranulf is +Def -Res, dunno how that is for him, but I don't care. The blue kitty cat and friend to all is mine.

That's really good for him, I can attest to it because I have the same IVs on my Ranulf! +Def turns him into a surprisingly crazy tank. Magic will tear him apart though, his Res is very low. With something like Sturdy Stance in his A slot and Bonfire or Ignis for his special and all, he'll wreck all kinds of stuff. His Atk isn't as high as it should've been imo, but that's a minor setback. He'd also run Kestrel Stance well, but that's a hard to get skill if you don't whale a lot.

4* Frederick on today's free summon, bleh.

Meanwhile:

HvmlyrC.png

Am starting to regret going for a second S!Laegjarn now, I could've had 180 orbs now instead sigh. If this is ending in an off-focus pity breaker with nothing else in the circle I'm gonna cry.

Duma Celica has evaded me for the longest so the time is FINALLY HERE!

Not getting too lucky on the Reds~ Already have Ophelia, so I pull a lone Green~

kgnyoOh.png

A wild Ranulf appeared~ +Spd, -HP~ I'll probably fodder him for his Dual Rally or Chill Atk~

Pull a bit more, 4 Red Circle would usually spell trouble but

dzY9FXc.png

At last she is here! I originally tried to get her on the Heroes with Luna Banner and got 3 Mias instead. The first Mia I got was +Atk, -Spd. So what is this Celica? +Spd, -Atk~ Oh well, at least she's here, that's all that matters~ I didn't finish the circle, her being here is fine enough~

So, who’s ready for a round of good news and bad news? The good news is my free pull:

Spoiler

64JJENA.png

You can probably guess what the bad news involves:

Spoiler

hj9QZo3.png

He got literally the worst possible combo (Atk bane is a -4 for Ranulf) possible. Never change, gacha.

53 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, who’s ready for a round of good news and bad news? The good news is my free pull:

A free pull is still free, Orbs are precious. At least Ranulf will still be usable in PvE just mention me when it fudges something up.

The one bad 5* free pull I can recall for myself is +Res -HP Hector, which came right before a +Res -HP Myrrh.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's really good for him, I can attest to it because I have the same IVs on my Ranulf! +Def turns him into a surprisingly crazy tank.

*Gamepedias his statline*

He is a bit tankier than I would expect, while still fast. That's nice, +Def can definitely work for him. 

And now that he is mine, I can make a full non-Awakening/Fates Tactics Beast team with everyone a combat unit and every color and movement type covered. The King of Red Lions is Colorless Armor, Nailah/Mordecai offers a Blue Infantry, Tibarn is a Red Flier (with Iote's in his Seal slot to mitigate the weakness), and Ranulf as a Green Cavalry. -Not that I have the Tactics to do this, but the idea sounds nice.🙂

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He'd also run Kestrel Stance well, but that's a hard to get skill if you don't whale a lot.

I'd never spend real money on this game, and never go after someone as just skill fodder. I treat every unit I'd intentionally summon for as an ends onto themselves. Therefore, anyone who would be but a means to an end, I will not intentionally summon for.

Although I wish I could catch some FEH whale ambergris. I'd eat a few of their "useless" and excessive 5*s right up, if only I could.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A free pull is still free, Orbs are precious. At least Ranulf will still be usable in PvE just mention me when it fudges something up.

The one bad 5* free pull I can recall for myself is +Res -HP Hector, which came right before a +Res -HP Myrrh.

Yeah, I prefer having Ranulf to not having him so I can’t be mad at getting him for nothing. I’m just going to slap Triangle Adept on him like I did with my -Atk F!Kana (who has the same 26 Atk as Ranulf) since it has worked well for her.

4 hours ago, Mau said:

Meanwhile:

Ouch. :- (

Hope she comes soon. 

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Duma Celica has evaded me for the longest so the time is FINALLY HERE!

Welcome evil Celica! Also congrats to wild Ranulf! 

Bet you can fix her bane one day, but +SPD on both is great!

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Well she's not Livvy but..

Wohoo, I'm sorry about Olivia, but that's a great lady to shorten the time to wait. 

Congrats and have fun with her! 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Gamepedias his statline*

He is a bit tankier than I would expect, while still fast. That's nice, +Def can definitely work for him. 

And now that he is mine, I can make a full non-Awakening/Fates Tactics Beast team with everyone a combat unit and every color and movement type covered. The King of Red Lions is Colorless Armor, Nailah/Mordecai offers a Blue Infantry, Tibarn is a Red Flier (with Iote's in his Seal slot to mitigate the weakness), and Ranulf as a Green Cavalry. -Not that I have the Tactics to do this, but the idea sounds nice.🙂

I'd never spend real money on this game, and never go after someone as just skill fodder. I treat every unit I'd intentionally summon for as an ends onto themselves. Therefore, anyone who would be but a means to an end, I will not intentionally summon for.

Although I wish I could catch some FEH whale ambergris. I'd eat a few of their "useless" and excessive 5*s right up, if only I could.

Yeah, I was surprised at how high his Def is too, even without +Def. I thought he'd have higher Atk than Lethe as well. But yay for non-3DS beasts! They're so much cooler anyway. 🙂 (though I do like Kaden and Panne)

I see, that's perfectly fine.

12 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, you do get her B skill to fodder.

Well, she is new and her nature is acceptable enough (not -atk), so I'm going to keep her. My Reinhardt already has chill res from the free Laegjarn so no one else really wants the chill res anyway.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, she is new and her nature is acceptable enough (not -atk), so I'm going to keep her. My Reinhardt already has chill res from the free Laegjarn so no one else really wants the chill res anyway.

Of course I forget Special Spiral isn't on her by default. 😛

21 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@BoaFerox Congrats!  Getting merges on a red unit on a 4-person banner can be very costly, but it looks like your luck held out.  And plenty of nice pity-breakers along the way too. 

Thanks! I'm still in awe of how well this all went actually. Some attempts I did in summoning simulators took more than twice the amount of orbs I used to get similar results.

Congrats on your Julia, she looks awesome! Fortress Def/Res would pair very well with that refined Divine Naga.

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that's an insane session, very cool. Congrats on finishing Tana, she is a great unit.

Also your +4 Celica looks great, Roy is very useful btw (my only 5 *exclusive +10). 

Thanks! I still can't quite believe that session. It feels very fulfilling to complete a 5-star exclusive unit for the first time. Congrats on recently regaining your own Summer Tana as well.

Celica is great! I kind of hope to be able to give her Fury 4 one day, to let her drop her HP faster. She was my only unit that was hurt a little by the change to merges, as she was -HP before.

I have actually felt the usefulness of your Roy myself, in Grand Conquests! I think I sent you a friend request when I found you in Arena and recognized your name from lurking here. I used him back when he was +5 as well, his Galeforcing has been perfect for taking the enemy forts after beating whoever was standing on them.

Edited by BoaFerox

5 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Congrats on recently regaining your own Summer Tana as well.

Thanks! I had to sacrifice Tana last year, because Elise needed her skill for a one-turn clear. At least I got rid of her ATK bane this way. 

Celica is great! I kind of hope to be able to give her Fury 4 one day, to let her drop her HP faster. She was my only unit that was hurt a little by the change to merges, as she was -HP before.

That's my plan as well. Who knows when a more accessible unit will come with that skill? 

have actually felt the usefulness of your Roy myself, in Grand Conquests! I think I sent you a friend request when I found you in Arena and recognized your name from lurking here. I used him back when he was +5 as well, his Galeforcing has been perfect for taking the enemy forts after beating whoever was standing on them.

Oh, really? Haha, well met! In my FL your Tana is still +8 btw. 

Glad you enjoyed playing Roy back then. Try him again at +10, he is useful in Allegiance battle as well. I paired him up yesterday with my L!Alm and was able to clear all AB starting foes on turn one (friend unit was @Alkaids Peri, thanks!).