4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i don't like most of the beast units at all. most of them are 6000 feathers and fodder for the most part. Leanne/Reyson are the exception because I love Dancers. (and Leanne haunts my butt). most of them come with the skills you can put on the units that you do like. 

However velouria is the only unit that has the cooldown reduction in her weapon - not a skill. so it means whoever her support partner is with, it reduces the cooldown by two. most people use it for galeforce (for reasons) - not to mention this can be applicable to aether, Ophelia-nanigans (if you don't want to run several mages and just want to get special spiral proc'ed up). 

It's very very rare that i don't use/like a unit for their art/voice whatever. but they are there, and i get not wanting to use them. however I wouldn't flat out ignore a unit that could help me with several contents just because they looked bad but that's just me. especially if i was having trouble already using my units for in game content - but hey everyone has to do what makes them feel comfortable. 

Idunn is a good unit - what's the IVs?

+res-spd

To be honest, I don't like playing with armored units too much, but immediately when I saw her I knew I would never fodder her off, lol. 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nimrod said:

+res-spd

To be honest, I don't like playing with armored units too much, but immediately when I saw her I knew I would never fodder her off, lol. 

at +res/-spd i wouldn't fodder her off either LOL
(if i get a good IV Idunn she lives for me. but i already invested in myrrh so it better be damned good ivs)

I was building up a pity rate yet again, so I buy ONE more orb pack. The very next summon:

rnHGmuy.jpg

FINALLY. Thank you, game! Golden boy came with +Atk, -HP on top of that too! WOOHOO. Would be nice to get Dimitri and complete the set, but I need to save for the mythic banner in case the new one is Anima. I really need an Anima mythic since I never got Duma.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Fuck you too game. Thanks for making a stupid Velouria break my super high pity rate. Guess someone is getting Close Def. I don't give a shit about her.

If you have yet to fodder her, don't forget what I said about being an amazing galeforce unit. Not only does she give herself 2 special charge on turn 1, but also her ally support. This makes it extremely easy to use galeforce, especially now that heavy blade and flashing blade users may run into a problem with Byleth running around.

EDIT: Sorry, should have read ahead a bit, Daisy already said it first, but I'll leave my response, as it is very unwise to fodder such a useful unit, especially when it can help you out so much where you're struggling.

Edited by Maaka

1 minute ago, Maaka said:

If you have yet to fodder her, don't forget what I said about being an amazing galeforce unit. Not only does she give herself 2 special charge on turn 1, but also her ally support. This makes it extremely easy to use galeforce, especially now that heavy blade and flashing blade users may run into a problem with Byleth running around.

I wound up pulling two of her, actually. So I'm probably keeping at least one of them...

After wasting many orbs to get Summer Lilina I finally got her today, right after my "one-circle-and-stop" summoning on the 3H banner that gave me Claude. Considering I was leaning towards joining the Golden Deer on Friday, I think IS gave me a sign to follow my initial feeling.

With that said, now that I see Lilina's dagger again, I feel like saccing her only for Res Up + might be a mistake, darn, but I need to finish my high scoring Aversa, and she still needs a Rally+ skill to be there. My only alternative is saccing my Ophelia for Att Up+, but both my other cheerleaders already have Att in their rallies.... grumblegrumble. And here I thought Id happily just sac Lilina for the rally and be done with it. Why does it have to be this difficult? 😛

Since my last 5* I pulled quite a bit but only kept a copy of Camilla (+Spd, might be useful down the line), Shigure (my only copy, since he is so rare during my summons and I needed some Wards for AR), a neutral Jeorge and neutral Sothe (not sure why, probably because neutral units are kinda rare). Not a whole lot, tbh. rest got immediately turned into manuals, so nothing too interesting there I guess (Though some units might have been fine, but would also unnecessarily take away spots if I already have good natures in my barracks, like Soleils, Mordecais, Hinatas, Tailtius, Pallas or Kleins).

2019 5* count (no guarantees/TT): 80

@Anacybele Congrats on Claude!

I came here to share that I managed to get a Claude myself. Goal was Claude and Edelgard. Claude because I am trying to build a cav line around Yune, and I need more physical ranged horses. Didn't get Edelgard, but that just means I can focus orb income on her. Or rather I should probably save and see what else is coming up between now and the end of the banner. Anyways I was almost ticked off.  Had about 18 orbs left, open a session with 1 colorless and a bunch of reds(female Byleth I just don't appreciate). The colorless was an off banner Nina(+ATK/-I didn't pay attention). It seems there is a spy eying them. Lucky for me that next session was 3 colorless and 2 reds(WHY?!) and in those 13 orbs I got Claude(+SPD/-RES).

@MonkeyCheez3K Ohhh, congrats on Cluade and Lilina. And yeah her dagger is a nice one.

So I decided to stockpile orbs for the 3H banner for once in my life. Had 40+ orbs, my free summon, and all of the Bonds tickets. 

Me: Oh boy, i hope I get something good, considering I saved up for once.

Feh: YOU GET, NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

why do I bother

11 minutes ago, Usana said:

Congrats on Claude!

I came here to share that I managed to get a Claude myself. Goal was Claude and Edelgard. Claude because I am trying to build a cav line around Yune, and I need more physical ranged horses. Didn't get Edelgard, but that just means I can focus orb income on her. Or rather I should probably save and see what else is coming up between now and the end of the banner. Anyways I was almost ticked off.  Had about 18 orbs left, open a session with 1 colorless and a bunch of reds(female Byleth I just don't appreciate). The colorless was an off banner Nina(+ATK/-I didn't pay attention). It seems there is a spy eying them. Lucky for me that next session was 3 colorless and 2 reds(WHY?!) and in those 13 orbs I got Claude(+SPD/-RES).

Thanks! Those two were my main goal too! XD Edelgard came on my second session and first green I pulled, so I didn't have to worry much about getting her...lol.

11 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Pulled Dimitri after a 4.5% pity rate. -Atk, + Spd, but oh well. I yet to have a Lance Cavalier, so this a good option. 

Congrats on Edelgard,@Landmaster.

Ah, it was actually Mampfoid who got the Edelgard~ I did my Summons but nothing of much note~ I'll get the free M!Byleth so I can pretty easily skip this Banner~ Still have a Lyn and Lilina to give a last shot to~

Congrats on Dimitri!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

FINALLY. Thank you, game! Golden boy came with +Atk, -HP on top of that too!

Oh, great boon, congrats! 

Again sad there is no trading, would gladly take your Velourias. 

54 minutes ago, Usana said:

The colorless was an off banner Nina(+ATK/-I didn't pay attention). It seems there is a spy eying them. Lucky for me that next session was 3 colorless and 2 reds(WHY?!) and in those 13 orbs I got Claude(+SPD/-RES).

Congrats! Two (?) new units with great boons, that worked well in the end. 

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, great boon, congrats! 

Again sad there is no trading, would gladly take your Velourias. 

I'd gladly give you one or both, yeah. And thanks. 🙂

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Congrats! Two (?) new units with great boons, that worked well in the end. 

Thanks. Sadly only 1 new unit. But my last Nina, who did block my colorless desire unlike this time, was -ATK so I get to fix the attack bane anyways. Would have been happier if It was Edelgard and Claude, but really with only 80'ish effective orbs before counting the story map orbs I was only expecting, if lucky, to get 1 of them anyways, so the Nina is just a bonus.

@Anacybele Thanks, and regarding Velouria. She is definitely one of the units I wouldn't have minded pity breaking me. Not so much for her art or anything. But that weapon of hers is quite unique and has a lot of potential applications.

Spent 60 orbs on this banner for F!Byleth only to pull a shitty IV Owain. Honestly not that bad given that the it would take around 126 orbs to pull her on average, but still a bit disappointed.  At the very least, my Summer Ylgr is making pretty good use of Wrath and Blue Flame. 

Found nothing with tickets, but I was really hoping to maybe get Claude. Thinking about my orbs balance I thought I could spend about 50 orbs. But 30 orbs later...

Screenshot_20190722-234434_Fire_Emblem_H

A 2nd Maribelle, a brand new Swordhardt AND Claude? CRein is neutral and Claude is Res+, Def- which is not bad. I seriously got no words, I feel like I got super lucky this time.

40 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

A 2nd Maribelle, a brand new Swordhardt AND Claude? CRein is neutral and Claude is Res+, Def- which is not bad. I seriously got no words, I feel like I got super lucky this time.

Oh wow, the second Maribelle in a row and so many 5* in few orbs. Really love, congrats! 

So instead of dipping immediately for Claude, I tried my luck at Wolt once more. I got lucky! 3.75% rate, 3 pity breaks, 10 orbs spent later... finally got him! -Spd/+Res, but I don’t care! I am SO happy to finally have a unit I really wanted again! The feeling has since escaped me lol, it’s been so long.

Now I have 1 ticket left and no orbs, but I am going to go for Claude full force. Dimitri will be my backup! I probably will not be interested in the Mythic banner at all, so I’ll be good there.

@mcsilas @mampfoid

So I spent all my tickets. Not exactly what I expected to be certain. I was generally avoiding blue because I'm not interested in Dimitri and DB4 isn't something I'm actively hunting for. However in one of the 3 sets I went into, the lone red at the top.

Spoiler

vUYHDeM.png

Definitely not what I expected. I'd only seen this dragon in passing when clearing out content with Matthew. Was hoping for Byleth but after looking at her kit this girl is extremely valuable. Stats are stellar, Bonus Doubler is crazy, Infantry Breath is something I didn't even know existed and her weapon makes her a serious pest. Then she's +DEF/-HP for an insane 41 base DEF. She's so fodderable and yet they make you want to keep her. It's frustrating, but I'll do the latter.

It's not Byleth which I was really hoping for, but it's hard to say no to a unit with this sort of value. Especially when I could be pity broken with something useless like swordhart again.

Wasn't really going for Claude, but there were sole colorless stones here and there, so I went for one and-

Spoiler

25EU1jE.png

Nope! not Claude either! I already have a copy of this broad here, but the kicker is that one is neutral and this one is -SPD, making her safe Dazzling fodder for Serra. It's funny though, Wrathful/Dazzling fodder is something I'd wanted for so long but now I almost feel meh about it. I don't even know what I want to do with Serra, but meh, not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Now if I could just pull her son...

Orbs down to 17 from I think 50ish but can't complain given the results. I haven't done the story chapter. and my attachment to the game is lacking still. I missed the 5 arena orbs cause I didn't play it, for one. But you know what? I'm going to come back to this topic later and just post all the *5's I pulled logging into this game out of boredom before uninstalling on my nephew's phone.

Edited by Zeo

Did full pulls with all the summoning tickets and those 75 orbs got me...a higher pity rate. Oh well. I've been playing this game long enough to know that pity rates are really there to bait people into spending more orbs than they otherwise would have planned to. On the other hand, I can't imagine any banner coming in the next month or so that I feel is worth dipping into the stash, so maybe I will try again in the future.

While I wait for 3H, I set about trying to obtain the new characters to try to tide me over. @Nym@Anacybele@Vaximillian@DarkLordIvy@XRay@Raven@Captain Karnage@TheTuckingFypo@GuiltyLove@Infinite Dreams@Tybrosion@Johann@SatsumaFSoysoy@Garlyle@DefaultBeep@Shoblongoo@mcsilas@Mackc2@Momentai~@Rex Glacies@Tree@Ginko@Tolvir@Anime27Arts@Poimagic @TheSilentChloey @Jave@mampfoid@Landmaster@LordFrigid plus anybody else I forgot.

I decided to treat myself as an early birthday present to complete the splurging I've been doing the last week or so.

DQDMnyE.png

This boy was the one I wanted most.  He's -Atk as is tradition, but I've long given up about trying to pull for a good nature.  Maybe he's come along later and pity break me with something better.

CDEXtNn.png

Madam Sparkle Leggings is also -Atk, but she was low priority.

A7mlamH.pnglm4Nv9p.png

These two pitybroke me, but they're both good cavalry units, so it's not too bad.

ZOeBZ3i.pngJY93fnp.png

Finally got the last two, was particularly after Claude, and grays didn't want to show up for me, and when they were, they were all Serras and Gaiuses for some reason.  Kinda hoped to get more Legaults and Kazes, but can't complain too much.

There goes my 4.75% pity rate on the summer banner. I got pity broken by a +Spd -Atk Owain, he makes me salty but I'm not going to fodder him as I like his character and if he pity breaks me again during other banner I'll be able to fix that bane making him perfect. 

On the 3H banner I decided to just go with the tickets because I'm not particularly attached to anyone right now (my opinions on how I like/dislike from that game will have to wait until I play it). Good news is that I got a fantastic unit from the banner.

U8XZIVd.jpg

After so long I got him! And he's +Atk -Res to boot, I'm so happy with this! 

@Rezzy

You got them all! I was hoping to get Dimitri or Claude with my five free tries, but I'll have to wait for later. I think Claude wants to be friends with Bow Lyn.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Madam Sparkle Leggings

I've not heard her called that before. 😀