• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Oh wow congrats on the Saber! -Spd isn't too bad when there are seals like Atk/Spd Bond or even Darting Stance (he'll be pretty much +Spd on Enemy phase) and that's even before factoring in Golden Dagger buffs. Really fun to use with Aegis.

@Alexmender Yeah pulling for fodder is kind of a trap that I need to avoid haha. Congrats on the dancing Ishtar though! I just noticed she summons curtains in her attack animation lol

@TheSilentChloey I suggest waiting for the B!Lucina/B!Ike/Gray rerun banner in October, it'll have a 4% rate if you're sniping for Lucina. Plus 3-person banners are usually better than 4% anyway

And I just got my third pitybreaker on the new dancer banner. This time my second Helbindi. At least he's decently IV'd this time, but WHY SO MANY PITYBREAKERS HERE? I like my Ranulf merge, but...come on game. -_-

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@XRay I know you collect dancers, that's a great haul! Congrats! Did you get some good boons? 

Yeah. I have [+Atk, -Res] and [+Spd, -HP] ASS!Ishtar, so I went with +Atk Ishtar as the base.

I got [+Def, -HP] and [+Atk, -Spd] ASS!Nephenee, so I will use +Atk as the base. Thank Naga merges gets rid of Flaws now.

I got [+Def, -Spd] and [+Res, -Spd] ASS!Berkut. I have not decided yet, but think I will go with +Def.

Reinhardt is the only one without a good Asset. I got +HP, +Spd, and +Res, so I decided to go with +Spd so he can double the really slow units.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah. I have [+Atk, -Res] and [+Spd, -HP] ASS!Ishtar, so I went with +Atk Ishtar as the base.

I got [+Def, -HP] and [+Atk, -Spd] ASS!Nephenee, so I will use +Atk as the base. Thank Naga merges gets rid of Flaws now.

I got [+Def, -Spd] and [+Res, -Spd] ASS!Berkut. I have not decided yet, but think I will go with +Def.

Reinhardt is the only one without a good Asset. I got +HP, +Spd, and +Res, so I decided to go with +Spd so he can double the really slow units. 

Ishtar and Nephenee sound awesome!

I think I'd prefer +SPD on Ishtar, just because quads are fun. But I bet you'll give her further merges? 

This banner's kind of tempting, but if I wanted a +10 lance Berkut would be a better pick sadly.

4 Blue, 1 Colourless (If I wanted Lancina really badly...)

4* Saizo (DEEZ NUTS FOR A CRUMMY UNIT TO SHOW UP HERE. +HP/-Res)

We'll see New Heroes soon.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ishtar and Nephenee sound awesome!

I think I'd prefer +SPD on Ishtar, just because quads are fun. But I bet you'll give her further merges?

I generally go with +Atk for both slow Brave and quad Brave units. I use Brave units to counter Spd tanks; Spd tanks are difficult to double (or quad in this case), and they are generally less bulky than Def/Res tanks, so I think using on +Atk to take out Spd tanks in 2 hits is better than trying to quad them.

I would like to merge her further, but I think I will save that for next year. I still need to save Orbs for Firesweep Bow and Enemy Phase skills.

Well my Soiree quest has netted me two of them. Pretty good. But the one I wanted most Ishtar has been shy. I mean seriously she matches Reinhardt's atk and really outspeeds him.

That said I can't complain. The two I wanted most behind her were Reinhardt(boy does he look dapper) and Nephenee. And those are the two I got. Both are +SPD. Which doesn't help Reinhardt at all, but -DEF isn't the worst he could have gotten. Not like he was going to be doing much with his defenses when everything and it's grandmother would double him anyways.

Nephenee though I am upset about. -ATK. Of course. At least she has a base 35. 32 is still usable so it isn't like my last colorless dancer of Olivia where -ATK made her unable to damage a single thing on this planet. And I suppose this sets me up to try a Guard Bow build?

21 minutes ago, Usana said:

Well my Soiree quest has netted me two of them. Pretty good. But the one I wanted most Ishtar has been shy. I mean seriously she matches Reinhardt's atk and really outspeeds him.

That said I can't complain. The two I wanted most behind her were Reinhardt(boy does he look dapper) and Nephenee. And those are the two I got. Both are +SPD. Which doesn't help Reinhardt at all, but -DEF isn't the worst he could have gotten. Not like he was going to be doing much with his defenses when everything and it's grandmother would double him anyways.

Nephenee though I am upset about. -ATK. Of course. At least she has a base 35. 32 is still usable so it isn't like my last colorless dancer of Olivia where -ATK made her unable to damage a single thing on this planet. And I suppose this sets me up to try a Guard Bow build?

if it makes you feel better - I have Dancer Olivia at Neutral atk and she can't damage a single thing on the planet either lol(but i totally hear you with that though. you'd really like the rare birds to be at least neutral in atk/spd).I am going to save orbs  to try to get a NY Fjorm (well Fjorm(s)) so i can make her a Chill Dancer.  

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yay, a mage Eirika (+Res/-Def) pitybreaker instead of Ishtar. That was totally what I wanted to see after grinding all the TT orbs.

Yeah, I'd probably be a bit less bitter if I didn't just get her for free last week.

that is so sucky. 

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

that is so sucky. 

Yeah, but on the other hand I suppose I should’ve expected something like this after my recent run of luck. This game really likes to toy with me, though at least the rate I lost was just at 4% rather than 5% or higher.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, but on the other hand I suppose I should’ve expected something like this after my recent run of luck. This game really likes to toy with me, though at least the rate I lost was just at 4% rather than 5% or higher.

LOL i feel the same way. 

That's also a good blessing.were(are) you trying for Ishtar?

40 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL i feel the same way. 

That's also a good blessing.were(are) you trying for Ishtar?

Yeah, I’d like to get Ishtar as well as Reinhardt too bad green stones are basically a myth though but they aren’t absolute must-haves for me like Neph was. I certainly still have plenty of time to try for them at least.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I’d like to get Ishtar as well as Reinhardt too bad green stones are basically a myth though but they aren’t absolute must-haves for me like Neph was. I certainly still have plenty of time to try for them at least.

yeah my ish was a happy surprise, but Neph was priority #1. 

Good luck! i hope you can get something else out of it. (I'd try for Rein + Berkut to complete my dancer set but i have to duel with the halloweeen slog that is the Flying Mia banner.) +Save for HIla/Evil Corrin

Let me tell you a story, a story about a man simply trying to summon one more Brave Lyn to get his copy to +10 merge. This man has stockpiled orbs every chance he's gotten, just waiting for all the banners where she's rerun!

And lo, a new chance has arrived; the New Powers banner, thanks to the weapon refine she was blessed with.
"Oh wow!" he thought. "I got tons of orbs, I should be able to finish my +10 project!" And in all likelihood, he was right!

This man spends all his orbs on this banner, summoning a field of Marias, Priscillas, and Matthews. The pity rate goes up, yet nothing comes. Soon he's down to 10 orbs. Just 10. "Well," he thinks. "Here goes nothing..." And thus he summons. Two gray orbs appear, just right for his 10 orbs. First he summons another Maria and his heart sinks, thinking all hope is lost.

But wait! There! A 5-star unit appears! COULD IT BE?! THE VERY LAST BRAVE LYN REQUIRED?! Excitement flutters in his heart, perhaps all hope is not lost! This is it! This is Brave Lyn, it must be! But then...
...the excitement fades.

The silhouette doesn't match, and his hear sinks. Then, just a moment later, the 5-star is revealed.
And it's Nina.
Nina.

His streak of being sniped by off-focus 5-stars continues, and he rages.

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Let me tell you a story, a story about a man simply trying to summon one more Brave Lyn to get his copy to +10 merge. This man has stockpiled orbs every chance he's gotten, just waiting for all the banners where she's rerun!

And lo, a new chance has arrived; the New Powers banner, thanks to the weapon refine she was blessed with.
"Oh wow!" he thought. "I got tons of orbs, I should be able to finish my +10 project!" And in all likelihood, he was right!

This man spends all his orbs on this banner, summoning a field of Marias, Priscillas, and Matthews. The pity rate goes up, yet nothing comes. Soon he's down to 10 orbs. Just 10. "Well," he thinks. "Here goes nothing..." And thus he summons. Two gray orbs appear, just right for his 10 orbs. First he summons another Maria and his heart sinks, thinking all hope is lost.

But wait! There! A 5-star unit appears! COULD IT BE?! THE VERY LAST BRAVE LYN REQUIRED?! Excitement flutters in his heart, perhaps all hope is not lost! This is it! This is Brave Lyn, it must be! But then...
...the excitement fades.

The silhouette doesn't match, and his hear sinks. Then, just a moment later, the 5-star is revealed.
And it's Nina.
Nina.

His streak of being sniped by off-focus 5-stars continues, and he rages.

Oh OUCH.  Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.  I really feel for you as this happened on the Nohrian Summer Banner with me.  I wanted F!Corrin and got everything but F!Corrin.  May the RNG shift into your favour again soon.

And on a session that was purely red and colorless, I get dancer Ishtar... She seems pretty good, but I wanted Reinhardt. 😕 Oh well, at least I actually got a focus unit. I think I spent like 200 orbs before this.

I am so done with this damn dancer banner. -_-

I decide to give Reinhardt ONE more shot.

I get my second Hilda. THAT'S FOUR PITYBREAKERS NOW! Five if you count dancer Ishtar. First three green ones were Lewyn, Ranulf, and Helbindi in that order.

Though at least all these are useful to me to some degree. Lewyn is Special Spiral fodder, Ranulf gave me a wanted merge for him, Helbindi was someone I'd not kept in my barracks before and he's decently IV'd, and Hilda is a wanted merge because my current one is -Atk. This Hilda is also -Atk, but at least merging will get rid of it.

Edited by Anacybele

On 9/13/2019 at 1:16 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh OUCH.  Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.  I really feel for you as this happened on the Nohrian Summer Banner with me.  I wanted F!Corrin and got everything but F!Corrin.  May the RNG shift into your favour again soon.

For me, reminds me of when I ran out of orbs trying to get Legendary Robin. I got 2 Jaffars I think, and both after over 400 orbs were drained (so I was orb-broke) the banner went away, my pity rate was over 11%. I still don't have a Legendary Robin.

51 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

For me, reminds me of when I ran out of orbs trying to get Legendary Robin. I got 2 Jaffars I think, and both after over 400 orbs were drained (so I was orb-broke) the banner went away, my pity rate was over 11%. I still don't have a Legendary Robin.

Oh, that is nasty.  It's stories like that that make me cringe.  Because it reminds me of my own bad luck.

I'm on nearly 5% on the performing arts banner and no Fanlivia for my summoning troubles.  Worse still that $90-100 on this banner with a no show of Fanlivia.  Livid doesn't even cover how much this is annoying me.