1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know. She already sometimes does zero damage even though she has Triangle Adept. What's the point of having her take hits if she can't do any damage back?

give her fury i guess. (not like it will do much). 
I am team "My dancers are attackers" trust me. but with Ninian i use her as a tank (as much as i can. mine is +def, so i doubled down on it so she can take about 2 hits before she's in danger). it's not so much for HER doing damage, it's for her baiting someone (triangle manipulation),  or giving your team a chance to heal/catch up or whatever. 

you'll want her to be able to negate doubles. what good is it to you if she can do a bit more damage but she gets obliterated because she's doubled? I had this decision with +atk Azura and +spd azura and everyone who i asked said +spd. the game is a spd game. 36 spd is better than 33. nothing (even merges) is saving Ninians atk even merged. (not to mention ai wise, this is always ensuring she's dancing not attacking). 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

give her fury i guess. (not like it will do much). 
I am team "My dancers are attackers" trust me. but with Ninian i use her as a tank (as much as i can. mine is +def, so i doubled down on it so she can take about 2 hits before she's in danger). it's not so much for HER doing damage, it's for her baiting someone (triangle manipulation),  or giving your team a chance to heal/catch up or whatever. 

you'll want her to be able to negate doubles. what good is it to you if she can do a bit more damage but she gets obliterated because she's doubled? I had this decision with +atk Azura and +spd azura and everyone who i asked said +spd. the game is a spd game. 36 spd is better than 33. nothing (even merges) is saving Ninians atk even merged. (not to mention ai wise, this is always ensuring she's dancing not attacking). 

Well, alright then, if you say so. I do agree more Spd is better for those who can prevent more doubles or double more themselves with it.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I got three blues in the free pull session for the TT banner. Decided to go for all of them because I'd like to merge up Oscar more sometime.

...And this is what happened.

fKh5owB.jpg

Hardin is nice, especially since I foddered him the first time I got him due to bad IVs and this one is decent (+Def, -Res). But NINIAN AGAIN?! I've gotten her five damn times off-focus now! And she has no good fodder. I don't even like her much as a character. Why can't she go away?!

I guess I'll give her yet another merge and try to make her more useful at least... A dragon with this many merges has to be good for something, especially a dancing one. But the thing is, my current Ninian is +Atk and this new one is +Spd. I'm thinking I should keep +Atk on her because her Atk is kinda low and her Spd is decent, but maybe she wants the extra Spd more? What should I do here? I'd like to finally upgrade the Lightning Breath I gave her awhile back to Lightning Breath+ at some point too, if that's important to know.

For what I've seen, high tier AR player use Ninian because of her HP that pretty much nullify anything that would stop her from ebing useful and being an IP user.

Not sure how useful she will be for you. Otherwise just book her for Escape Route.

1 hour ago, Nym said:

For what I've seen, high tier AR player use Ninian because of her HP that pretty much nullify anything that would stop her from ebing useful and being an IP user.

Not sure how useful she will be for you. Otherwise just book her for Escape Route.

I think it would be wiser to send her home for feathers and use Cecilia instead.

28 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

I think it would be wiser to send her home for feathers and use Cecilia instead.

Disagree, an HP stacked Ninian is one of the best parts of Infantry pulse defense teams. And then every merge and stat point is valuable.

Also, don’t want him, did get him because of AR bonus week. Hector plus Atk, minus HP

Since I need DC fodder, I tried pulling for Hector in the new banner. I kept getting wheels with no greens, though, so I pulled reds on those in the hopes of getting my first Bantu. No Bantu today, though. Instead, I was pity broken by my first Original Lyn. She's +atk, so cool, though I don't plan on using her. Pulled once more on the new Halloween banner to see if I could get DC fodder Halloween Hector or Bantu since they share a color. Got yet another 4* Ares instead. That's okay, though. That reminded me of the harsh reality of gacha games well enough to shut down my pull compulsion, which is good since I only have 180 orbs left and need those for Valentine's Ike (and maybe trying for Halloween Henry again.)

18 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Tybrosion @Usana @Cute Chao @BoaFerox @daisy jane

Ok game....

PIvuy2X.png

You know I like Hector... I'm going to admit it. LA!Hector aside this game ever since my first Hector has been extremely generous with him. And oh yeah, I was on the fence for a literal year about swapping out my original +HP/-RES one for the +ATK/-DEF I've had for a long time... well this one's +ATK/-SPD... so yeah. 4 orbs for this guy.

If DC wasn't such amazing fodder my Hector would be +3. But as of right now I have 3 Vanilla Hectors I'm sitting on for DC Fodder and now this guy who'll become my new Base. Then there's the 1 Extra legendary Hector I have leftover after giving my second L!Hector to Amelia and the one Brave Hector copy I've had sitting around for Bold fighter.

This game has been cruel to me in many ways, but it's always been kind to me when it came to Hector. LA!Hector played hard to get for a year. But when his banner came back around I got him in less than 20 orbs.

Also @daisy jane I didn't congratulate you on your fantastic Halloween Hector pull! Kudos to you as well!

Now let's see if I can get old man Hector before the banner expires. You never know.

Congrats, you deserve some luck for a while~ Hoping you can add Red Hector to your collection, too~

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Disagree, an HP stacked Ninian is one of the best parts of Infantry pulse defense teams. And then every merge and stat point is valuable.

Also, don’t want him, did get him because of AR bonus week. Hector plus Atk, minus HP

While that might be true you advised to book her for escape route. Sending ninian home provides 1k feathers. Using 4* cecilia costs only 300 feathers 

3 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

While that might be true you advised to book her for escape route. Sending ninian home provides 1k feathers. Using 4* cecilia costs only 300 feathers 

I did no such thing, using her as Escape route fodder is equally bad as feathering her. Don’t know where you got that idea from.

TT banner offered two greens, but there are alternate, better sources of DC now so I just open one. 4* Raven.

Halloween re-run, I figured I'd open the greys, of which there was only one. 3* Lissa. While Mia is one of my most wanted units, I don't think I can in good conscience spend any orbs on this until after the next few banners, including the Legendary one, are unveiled.

Okay last year's Halloween banner. Already have Myrrh and Mia, I would like to get Halloween Niles as a backup in my main if I don't get Jakob

Game: 3 red and 2 colourless... Well okay maybe a dupe Mia can donate Witchy Wand to Brady or something. Oh, hello -Atk Lucius.

Just have to hold on for tomorrow for Brave Lucina, or wed for Jakob (at least he'll last a month).

---

As for me second account, I can choose between getting Niles or Kagero. 1 Green, 2 blue and 2 colourless. Green was nothing (already forgot who), so i thought, why not spend 4 orbs to try a blue? +Spd/-Def Halloween Niles!?!?!?! Neat! Awesome boon, and would be good to finally use a Niles that doesn't hit like a wet noodle!

Opened the rest of the circle to see if I can coax a Mia out. Got Sakura and Nanna (good healer fodder!). Tried the other blue just to finish off the circle since I wasn't really saving for anyone, and finally got another Silas, +Atk/-Spd!

I have spent ~100 orbs so far for Halloween Mia... currently, none in sight, but my rate is 4.25% and I still have a few quests to do! I’ll see if I can get lucky after doing Rutger’s GHB. I did, however, get my first 4* Norne?! +Atk/-HP, so I immediately promoted her! I think this is the fastest I’ve gotten a demote ever since... well, probably the start of Book 2. Brady took like almost a month and Mercedes just a few days shy from one.

Anyway, I hope this torture ends soon and I don’t get any unwanted guests... lol. I’m going for green as my backup since I thankfully already have Myrrh and Niles.

I had 190 orbs or so and maybe I shouldn't have, but I pulled for Hector again. I'm down to 119 orbs now, but I have him! Time to fodder him off to Dancing Berkut. =D

Okay. OPERATION. GET. MIA. 

Tried on her first banner. no dice. 
tried on her legendary. no dice. 

I gave up Elincia merge potential, Nephenee merging potential , getting Nornes and Berkut and a tonne of other stuff - just so i can have this moment

image0.png?width=239&height=426

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

She's also naturally the only Flying healer I have who doesn't have a boon in her atk or spd. but do i care... Noooooooo. (I'll build her up for pure support). the biggest issue here is that I needed two copies. One for me, and one for Serra.  but I got what i needed.  I don't even think i'm gonna bother chasing IVS here because especially what i went through last year, i don't wanna risk it.. having a Niiles would be great (I have a dead neutral one, thanks Anniversary),  so Atk/Spd link would be great (or devilish bow fodder ). but i truly don't know. OH. I forgot to mention ivs: she's -hp +res, so good for ploys. I will just give her Live to Serve/WoM and deploy the wand when necessary. (had she been +spd/+atk, i'd probably give her a bit more love). 

Other highlights? Getting my First MERCIE. she is ON THE BOARD!
No Norne though.

Now we save.. 
(or at least try to. new Years is so far away and i see many many traps.). 
@BoaFerox, @mcsilas, @Zeo, @Landmaster

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I had 190 orbs or so and maybe I shouldn't have, but I pulled for Hector again. I'm down to 119 orbs now, but I have him! Time to fodder him off to Dancing Berkut. =D

ohh. you needed him for DANCING berkut. Makes sense. that's great! (also so jealous you have him. i have to try to nab him on his legendary to complete my set!)

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Okay last year's Halloween banner. Already have Myrrh and Mia, I would like to get Halloween Niles as a backup in my main if I don't get Jakob

Game: 3 red and 2 colourless... Well okay maybe a dupe Mia can donate Witchy Wand to Brady or something. Oh, hello -Atk Lucius.

Just have to hold on for tomorrow for Brave Lucina, or wed for Jakob (at least he'll last a month).

---

As for me second account, I can choose between getting Niles or Kagero. 1 Green, 2 blue and 2 colourless. Green was nothing (already forgot who), so i thought, why not spend 4 orbs to try a blue? +Spd/-Def Halloween Niles!?!?!?! Neat! Awesome boon, and would be good to finally use a Niles that doesn't hit like a wet noodle!

Opened the rest of the circle to see if I can coax a Mia out. Got Sakura and Nanna (good healer fodder!). Tried the other blue just to finish off the circle since I wasn't really saving for anyone, and finally got another Silas, +Atk/-Spd!

that's fantastic! SILAS!!! (I'm trying to decide if i want +atk or +def.tis hard. 

36 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

F

4.0 pity broken

Screenshot_20191012-110417.thumb.png.dab03a715f0a6f9c08c9e47bf3bf2d6e.png

honestly. i wish you all the best in this. i will cross my fingers that you get her. 

Edited by daisy jane

18 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Okay. OPERATION. GET. MIA. 

Tried on her first banner. no dice. 
tried on her legendary. no dice. 

I gave up Elincia merge potential, Nephenee merging potential , getting Nornes and Berkut and a tonne of other stuff - just so i can have this moment

image0.png?width=239&height=426

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

She's also naturally the only Flying healer I have who doesn't have a boon in her atk or spd. but do i care... Noooooooo. (I'll build her up for pure support). the biggest issue here is that I needed two copies. One for me, and one for Serra.  but I got what i needed.  I don't even think i'm gonna bother chasing IVS here because especially what i went through last year, i don't wanna risk it.. having a Niiles would be great (I have a dead neutral one, thanks Anniversary),  so Atk/Spd link would be great (or devilish bow fodder ). but i truly don't know. OH. I forgot to mention ivs: she's -hp +res, so good for ploys. I will just give her Live to Serve/WoM and deploy the wand when necessary. (had she been +spd/+atk, i'd probably give her a bit more love). 

Other highlights? Getting my First MERCIE. she is ON THE BOARD!
No Norne though.

Now we save.. 
(or at least try to. new Years is so far away and i see many many traps.). 
@BoaFerox, @mcsilas, @Zeo, @Landmaster

ohh. you needed him for DANCING berkut. Makes sense. that's great! (also so jealous you have him. i have to try to nab him on his legendary to complete my set!)

that's fantastic! SILAS!!! (I'm trying to decide if i want +atk or +def.tis hard. 

honestly. i wish you all the best in this. i will cross my fingers that you get her. 

Thank you!

Currently grinding orbs.

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

also remember the banner does  last a month.
(however. if you are anything like me, you wanna get in, get out and attack the next banner).

Yeah. Somewhat lacking patience. Although my grindable orbs are dwindling so I might stop after the next pity breaker.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@daisy jane Oooooh congrats on finally getting her! Must've been hard to try and not be tempted!

Oh and congrats on the Mercedes, too, I haven't dabbled much into colourless so none of the new demotes have visited me yet

Now you have less than a day for Nephenee merges

pft. you know me. 😉 (VERY TEMPTED). 
it also helped that i keep getting boned on the 4% banner. but not even trying for Elincia did hurt. but. it is what it is. 
I'm going to crosss my fingers really hard you get Jakob!

Just now, daisy jane said:

pft. you know me. 😉 (VERY TEMPTED). 
it also helped that i keep getting boned on the 4% banner. but not even trying for Elincia did hurt. but. it is what it is. 
I'm going to crosss my fingers really hard you get Jakob!

Thanks!

Also about your Silas question, personally I think +Atk is better than +Def since he already has a lot of Def and can improve it with Steady Stance or similar skills like Close Def. +Atk at least ensures he can KO things on enemy phase with QR quicker.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Thanks!

Also about your Silas question, personally I think +Atk is better than +Def since he already has a lot of Def and can improve it with Steady Stance or similar skills like Close Def. +Atk at least ensures he can KO things on enemy phase with QR quicker.

thanks for that. i'll do that then

(I am finally getting around to buildinghorses. Silas was always a given. and i have his two perfect ivs, +atk/-spd, and +def/-spd.). so yeah i like that. give him atk, and then give him def. stuffs. 🙂