• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a +Atk / - Res Nailah as my free summon! She’s my first, so I’m happy, but I really want the Duo and FAST lol. I’m at 3.75% so we shall see where this heads... Gerik is my backup, followed by Ewan.

I have a lot to look forward to; I hope I’m not tempted by the next new heroes banner cuz I really need to save up for Lucina’s rerun which takes place on the first week of December, I believe. After that, I must avoid too much temptation from the new Winter and NY banners—I plan on going for Winter Robin and NY Hrid (again lol) respectively.

@Zeo Those are some spectacular pulls, congrats!  Keep saving, and good luck on Lyn's revival banner!

I only wish I could have pulled Ewan so effortlessly.  I was hoping not to have to dig too deep into my orb stash, but pulling red on a 4-unit banner is always risky business, and has been historically bad for me.  Sure enough, it took all my tickets and over 700 orbs before getting a sole copy of Ewan.  ~1,180 saved orbs down to 450.  My overall 5* yield was great - no complaints there.  They just weren't what I was looking for.  Before Ewan, I was pity-broken by the following:

Laevatein x2
Karla
Flying Olivia
Keaton
Ophelia
Gerik
Tethys
Owain
Idunn
Mareeta

I also picked up my first Norne.  

Raudrserpent will be a tome I use almost everyday, so ultimately I still think it was worth it.  The lesson for me here is, short of an OP Narcian or Julius alt, I never want to pull red on a 4-unit banner ever again.  Damn.  

50 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

I have a lot to look forward to; I hope I’m not tempted by the next new heroes banner cuz I really need to save up for Lucina’s rerun which takes place on the first week of December, I believe. After that, I must avoid too much temptation from the new Winter and NY banners—I plan on going for Winter Robin and NY Hrid (again lol) respectively.

You are a man of great taste, because I need to save up for Lucina's rerun as well, cause she's sitting at +4. And I need merges for my NY!Hrid. 

Also, I got Gerik as my 3rd free summon from the ticket. Unfortunately that means no Ross as I only pulled like 4 greens. Might use my last summon ticket for blue to see if I can get Ephraim/Lyon, but I don't really wanna waste orbs on trying to get them, as there are plenty of other weekly revivals that will murder my orb stash (which is just barely at 200). 

I got some tickets, can I get some men off this banner?

4 Blue, 1 Colourless (So far so good?)

3* Peri (Glimmer. +Spd/-Res), 3* Clair (Tosh. +Spd/-Res), 4* Donnel (Slurry. +Res/-Spd), 3* Catria (Luna. +HP/-Res)

2 Blue, 1 each Red, Green, Colourless

4* Nino (It's something? +Res/-Def), 3* Lukas (I DON'T WANT MORE OF YOU. +Atk/-Res), 3* Sully (It's not much better. +Atk/-HP)

3.25%

2 each Blue, Colourless, 1 Green

3* Soren (YOU'RE NO ROSS. +Def/-Atk), 5* Ephraim/Lyon (They're here! +ATK/-RES, OH FUCK YES), 4* Catria (Luna I guess. +HP/-Def), 4* Jakob (He needs to go. +Def/-HP), 4* Azama (I mean, most of the launch units probably should. +Def/-Atk)

3 Colourless, 1 each Blue, Red

3* Ogma (Should've went Blue. +Atk/-Spd)

3 Blue, 1 each Red, Green

4* Hawkeye (That's not him. +Spd/-Atk)

3.25%

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Blue

3* Est (Back to the trash. +Res/-HP)

4 Colourless, 1 Blue

3* Effie (WHY ARE ALL THESE EFFIES NOT WENDY? Neutral)

4 Blue, 1 Red

3* Roy (Also a bin unit. +Def/-Atk)

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Green

5* Lugh (THAT'S NO MAN. +Spd/-Atk), 4* Shigure (It's better than it could be fodderwise. +Res/-Atk), 3* Soleil (Could be worse again. +Atk/-Spd), 4* Draug (Like him. +Spd/-Res), 4* Olivia (Nah. +Def/-Atk)

2 each Blue, Green, 1 Red

3* Sheena (Bleh. +Def/-Atk), 3* Sheena (Really? Again? +Def/-Atk OKAY WHAT.)

3.25%.

I mean, I'd have liked Gerik, but it's another Lugh. Oh well. I'll try again for sure though, Perfect Ephraim was a nice catch.

I got a +spd - Res Ephraim (the reverse nature I was after if I got him as I wanted to run a DC build). And I am pretty happy will continue for another 5* as I am at 3.50 or I could even leave it and focus on orb gathering (sothis and potentially Lif and a Julia merge take priority). 

Edited by SuperNova125

2nd ticket got me a Micaiah merge~! 8 orbs more nailed me a Gerik 😁unfortunately he's -Atk/+Res. Oh well. I might get another one in the next couple tickets. 

Edit: Nope. Only outstanding note is a Valbar that isn't +Spd. Oh well, I got Gerik and that's all that matters. Plus Micaiah is now +8. I should save orbs for her rerun banner to get those last needed copies. 

Edited by silverserpent

3 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I only wish I could have pulled Ewan so effortlessly.  I was hoping not to have to dig too deep into my orb stash, but pulling red on a 4-unit banner is always risky business, and has been historically bad for me.  Sure enough, it took all my tickets and over 700 orbs before getting a sole copy of Ewan.  ~1,180 saved orbs down to 450.  My overall 5* yield was great - no complaints there.  They just weren't what I was looking for.  Before Ewan, I was pity-broken by the following:

Laevatein x2
Karla
Flying Olivia
Keaton
Ophelia
Gerik
Tethys
Owain
Idunn
Mareeta

Raudrserpent will be a tome I use almost everyday, so ultimately I still think it was worth it.  The lesson for me here is, short of an OP Narcian or Julius alt, I never want to pull red on a 4-unit banner ever again.  Damn.  

Oh wow, yikes, it is a good thing you had so many Orbs saved up~ Red on a 4 person Banner is always a risky endeavor. Least you got a lot of other good toys you can make use of~

Edited by Landmaster

I guess I'm never getting this duo unit Ephraim. Exhausted all the free orbs I could get and then a few bought ones. I can't really afford to spend a lot right now. Why can't duo units be part of the permanent pool? What makes them so special that they have to be treated as seasonal? I still think it's scummy.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I'm never getting this duo unit Ephraim. Exhausted all the free orbs I could get and then a few bought ones. I can't really afford to spend a lot right now. Why can't duo units be part of the permanent pool? What makes them so special that they have to be treated as seasonal? I still think it's scummy.

the banner is a month. you'll get more orbs. then you can try again

and they are seasonal-esque probably because the fact that they are duos. i wouldn't want them in the regular pool. 

Woah!

On a whim, I decided to pull on the green orb after spending my last ticket on a blue, and I got Gerik! He's +atk -def, too, which is pretty damn good in my book!

Got the two I wanted the most, so I'm satisfied. Sorry Ewan, I would've gone harder on reds but ... your kit's just not really 5-star material ;/ Maybe one day.

14 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Those Tickets on Blue were not wasted!

2nd Ticket granted me this:

+DEF -RES

I got the best unit in the banner, so I cannot complain. The others two tickets I may use on Green, especially since Python demoted.

Free stuff is the best way to get around baits like this, congrats!

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas Hey! That's freaking amazing, I felt like they should increase the rate of pulling him on this new banner, maybe they did. Fantastic nature too.

@mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @NegativeExponents- @Sunwoo @SatsumaFSoysoy @daisy jane @eclipse @DLNarshen @BoaFerox

So... I know I'm saving for Lyn... but this banner is hitting me right in my favorites. Units I love, one of my precious FE games from childhood and my 100% favorite FE8 character and one of my top heroes picks injected into the FEH pool, plus 5 discounted summons? There is really no better time to at least try a little bit. I've got 62 orbs and I'm going to do everything I can to avoid using them all. Gathered up all the tickets and in we go. Avoiding colorless, pulling greens and occasionally reds and blues. I can live without Ephraim and while Ewan is a favorite I can let him pass me by this time. Ok, original free pull had 2 greens, one Fae, the other Camilla.

On to the first ticket, lone green....

Reveal hidden contents

J5DU9zL.png

He's here... my God he's here. My favorite FE8 unit... one of my favorite units in the FE series as a whole, right here in my barracks. Words can't express how I feel right now. +SPD/-DEF. Not the best flaw but the 2nd best asset and I wouldn't care if he was -ATK. He's getting built immediately and supported with Lute right away. This banner was a win for me. I'm 100% satisfied.

Pulled the lone red and blue, Catria and Fir, moving on. 2nd ticket 2 greens. First one~

Reveal hidden contents

v2P0Tuu.png

I expected nothing. To pull not a single focus from this banner, so to get this guy... crazy. He's +RES/-ATK which sucks but hey, at least the RES superboon is a thing. I'm just happy to have him. Love Gerik, who doesn't?

Other green~

Reveal hidden contents

dzevhUY.png

Huh... another favorite... what is it with this banner? She's neutral but it doesn't matter! I have a +SPD/-ATK one. I've always been waiting to pull another to unlock her true power by removing that flaw. Never expected to pull one off focus. 2 five stars in one at the base rate of 3.00%.... wow.

3rd ticket gives me no greens, blues give me Mathilda and Eliwood. Last ticket, lone green, lone red and three colorless. Green stone, Merric. Red stone~

Reveal hidden contents

ucze7bG.png

Hah hah! What a sendoff! I'd already resigned to pulling for him in a future banner when things calmed down. The very last pull on my last ticket circle. There's Ewan. He's +HP/-RES which bites but who even cares when it's your favorites? With this, not only have I reunited the trainee trio from FE8, I have all of my favorites from the game.

Ross > Lute > Ephraim > Amelia > Ewan

I couldn't ask for more... I'm on cloud nine right now. Thank you God.

I spent 32 orbs on this banner and I don't regret a single thing.

Glad luck hit you hard on a banner with favorites. Congrats!

Hope Lyn will visit you plenty of times.

7 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

@Zeo Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations! I'm not gonna lie, I'm extremely jealous.

@Othin That's a perfect free pull, congrats!

This banner... did not go as I had hoped. I grinded up all the tickets and all the orbs I could get, and I even bought the monthly deal putting me at 245 orbs before starting (290 if counting each free summon as 5 orbs). My goal was to get everyone, so at least for the tickets I decided to summon all colors. Because Tethys is likely to demote I thought I'd stop summoning colorless eventually, but I wanted to summon colorless as well at least until I got one of the focus units. Everything was ready, I had Sacred Stones music playing on the menu and Cipher cards of all the characters next to me for good luck.

Reveal hidden contents

9oXjYntl.png

My first pitybreak came at 3, 75 after the second ticket. He's one of my least wanted units in the red pool, but at least I didn't have him, and at least he had the decency to be +Spd -Res, so I can forgive him this time. Good thing he got usable stats, because his fodder is terrible. A little dissappointed by an off focus unit, but this should still be doable...

EKHPzaol.png

Next circle, a +HP -Def Caineghis. Better than Siegbert, but I do wish it was Tethys instead... Now my Caineghis can fix his -Res at least. Next circle...

Ly8VhLZl.png

+HP -Res Nina... Another one of my least desired pitybreakers, but at least the one I had isn't -Atk now. Starting to slightly regret going for colorless though.

XBYIZFDl.png

About 60 orbs later, this +Def -Atk Brave Eliwood showed up. Definitely good fodder, but the lack of focus units was really starting to frustrate me now. If this one could have been Duo Ephraim instead the most limited unit of the banner would have been knocked out as well...

jMIv1M3l.png

What, is this a Fates banner now? On the very next circle this +Atk -Def Mikoto arrived. Those are admittedly great IVs but Mikoto isn't exactly one of my desired units either. I guess I'll merge the old one into this one. Now can I just please have something from this banner?

WuCtUajl.png

Finally! The pull I'm the most exited for today isn't even 5-star. He's +Spd -Res, definitely very nice so he's immidiately geting trained up. Hopefully the remaining 60 orbs can give me one of the 5-star exclusives as well.

vPI4290l.png

Nope, no focus units for me... I didn't have Laevatein so I wouldn't really mind that much if it wasn't for the fact that she's my seventh off focus unit on a banner where I really really want the focus units. She's +HP -Spd, not good but not too bad either, so I guess I'll have some fun with her later once I recover from this.

After that the rest of my orbs just ended in 3, 50%. This 5-star rate isn't bad, and some of the units are great fodder, and I even got Ross,  but I'm still very dissappointed by this result. I think I was just so exited for these new units that getting units already had or didn't want felt even worse. Considering the amount of orbs I had I don't think expecting at least one focus unit was too much either. At least I got Ross, but he'd have showed up eventually anyways unlike the rest of these. Things aren't looking too good for my goal of having every Sacred Stones unit...

Wow, this really sucks. I'm sorry focus units made themselves this rare. 

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Zeo That is amazing luck! Not only Ross but Gerik, Ewan and a bonus Nino! I wish I could get that luck when trying to get H!Myrrh copies. 

- - - - 

As for me, I got this from my free pull:

And just like with H!Hector, these guys are +Hp -Atk. Guess getting a new unit for free always comes with some sort of downside. Not that I mind that much, at least I got them and Reginleif covers for the bane. 

I've gotten 2 tickets so far and they gave me trash. Let's see if I can get lucky and erase the bane with the last two (I won't use orbs because there's a chance to get Myrrh to +6 before her banner is over).

Free stuff, great! Don't worry about the bane, these guys are busted. Congrats! 

4 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@Zeo Those are some spectacular pulls, congrats!  Keep saving, and good luck on Lyn's revival banner!

Laevatein x2
Karla
Flying Olivia
Keaton
Ophelia
Gerik
Tethys
Owain
Idunn
Mareeta

Oooouch. 😞

700, this sucks! Didn't you think of stopping after 300-400 orbs and wait for the legendary banner? 

Still glad you got him in the end. 

Edited by mampfoid

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

the banner is a month. you'll get more orbs. then you can try again

and they are seasonal-esque probably because the fact that they are duos. i wouldn't want them in the regular pool. 

Oh, it is? Somehow I never noticed. That's good.

Pff, there are other OP units in the regular pool...

@mcsilas If you plan on merging Brady then he's a better choice, even if you just like him I'd go with him instead. If you're going for pure efficiency though I'd go for a cav healer. Since I know merging isn't your thing you're more free to pick a *5 healer like Maribelle instead of restricting yourself to one of the *3-*4 cav healers.

As for me, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Ross yet. A Wo Gun+ build with Wrath and a variable A skill was the first thing I was planning on doing. But Slaying Axe is a more versatile weapon and I still don't have an axe unit with Hack-O-Lantern and that's a really amazing and underutilized weapon. I'll probably be giving him tons of stuff. He's going to be paired with Lute who I'll be spending dew on before long also so perhaps I'll tailor him just a bit to pair with her. She's +3 and +SPD so they'll make a great pair. What are your plans?

@Usana Mareeta is still a pretty great pull. I wish I had Flashing Blade 4 fodder. I've gotten Karla as a pitybreaker before though so I can't complain.

@BoaFerox I'm looking longingly at that Caineghis. It sucks to get so many off focus units but for what it's worth, most of those units are pretty great fodder or QoL units. Hope things turn around for you all the same.

@Tybrosion Nice surprise Velouria. It's also sweet to get a unit immediately after he demotes (and with a perfect nature to boot.) so grats on the Python and Valbar combo. F!Tiki is also never a bad pull and one I kind of want for myself. So pretty decent bunch of units. 

@Alexmender Really irritating when the premium units come with bad assets. Especially the most important stat... At least EphLyon is such a beast that he'll still hit pretty hard. Especially with Lull ATK/DEF.

@DLNarshen The thought of spending 700 orbs in order to get the one focus unit you want is surreal. Considering I got mine in 30 orbs I can't even fathom something like that (then I remember the Sothis banner...) and it only makes me even more grateful. That being said, that batch of *5s and pitybreakers is pretty fantastic. The value for your orbs was fantastic, so at least that. I generally do pretty average on the new heroes banners but I do absolutely terrible on seasonal ones. Either a pitybreaker or flat out nothing in most cases.

Pretty sure aside from the next revival banner (might pull an extra green or red for Julia/Sigurd) my orbs won't be touched again. I've still got 10 to grab from the newest story chapter, 9 from the new CC, pretty much all of the monthly orbs still, 2 from the coliseum quests, 12 unclaimed in my mailbox, etc so I'll have around 70 or so before long. Maybe I'll have around 200 when Lyn drops. Hopefully I can pull at least 2 or 3 of her.

@silverserpent Hey, same nature Gerik as mine!

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oooouch. 😞

700, this sucks! Didn't you think of stopping after 300-400 orbs and wait for the legendary banner? 

Still glad you got him in the end. 

I considered stopping and maybe waiting until he got on a 3-unit banner, but there's no telling when that will be, plus after so long of not summoning it got hard to stop lol

There's no way he'll be on a legendary banner for a looong time.  Too many red units ahead of him in the queue, both regular and seasonal.  And then the rate would actually be even worse.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That being said, that batch of *5s and pitybreakers is pretty fantastic. The value for your orbs was fantastic, so at least that.

Indeed.  Despite the steep cost, I am very grateful to have some really nice fodder for the dupes I don't need/want to merge (Idunn, Owain, Mareeta), plus some neat new units to train.  I probably pulled like 10 Selena too, and those are almost every bit as good.

Edited by DLNarshen

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Pff, there are other OP units in the regular pool...

They are units that have access to Duel type effects without restrictions or penalties and they are the only heroes with the ability to activate a special skill unique to them... well, they are not normal heroes like the others... they may be in the same level as Legendary/Mythic Heroes.

Limiting them makes them more rare, more valuable, and more money maker. I would not be surprised if they don't appear in Skill Banners, and only in Legendary/Mythic Banners. If a player want to have one, this player need to summon now, or who knows when they will return. If the player doesn't have orbs or want to +10 them, well.. this player need to prepare his/her wallet!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

They are units that have access to Duel type effects without restrictions or penalties and they are the only heroes with the ability to activate a special skill unique to them... well, they are not normal heroes like the others... they may be in the same level as Legendary/Mythic Heroes.

Limiting them makes them more rare, more valuable, and more money maker. I would not be surprised if they don't appear in Skill Banners, and only in Legendary/Mythic Banners. If a player want to have one, this player need to summon now, or who knows when they will return. If the player doesn't have orbs or want to +10 them, well.. this player need to prepare his/her wallet!

Yeah, and the money thing doesn't sit right with me. It feels almost as scummy as Ayra's debut.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and the money thing doesn't sit right with me. It feels almost as scummy as Ayra's debut.

That's ok... Not everyone can be spend money in mobile games or be a whale... 

I learned that I will not have to get all the units that I like right away, and that spending money for it not only is a waste... But also dumb. If I have orbs, I summon. If I don't have orbs or I am not feeling that it's worthy, I skip. 

OnceI I started to play this way, the game became more enjoyable for me.

I was lucky this time (not that I care about Ephraim... He is good but not needed in my opinion and his Duo skill is not that useful for me), but I missed Hector... I could use money to have more tried, but there are way more valuable things that I can use my money than a fictional character in a Halloween Costume.

23 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Maybe I should have realized this wasn't going to be a good year when it started with spending 700 orbs on Azura's legendary banner for a -atk Azura and 5 Fjorm pity breakers(I hit 13% three times that banner, all ending with single Fjorm pulls). Then 400 orbs for a Libra pity breaker and -spd Bath Hinoka in the first month.. I might have quit then and there if I knew things would keep going that way for the next 9 months.

I mainly like collecting as well, but without the good pulls AR is what's been left to focus on. I stay top 1k most weeks even with just 1 Naga for Astra, but I'd definitely trade it all for better summons. The paltry amount of extra grails isn't much payoff for that effort.

I have been f2p this year but I spent quite a bit of money the previous 2 years, not that my barracks really reflects that. (usually spending would be like 2-3 $40 orb packs just to get a one-off -spd of a seasonal and and a couple pity breakers). I'd be curious what my pull record would look like from before if I could count out what took money. Maybe the luck's always been this bad and I didn't realize it before. That money spent definitely contributes to some sunken cost feelings that keep me playing.

Ah yes, Fjorm... coming along when aiming for something else. Luckily for me, that pain didn't go to the same extent as your case and she made a good sacrificial lamb by becoming Att/Def Bond before it became easily obtainable.

The sunken cost fallacy only gets worse. While only you can decide on what is best, you definitely need to be clear on that principle to avoid an even worse outcome. With that said, I came back from the dire situation and it is also a possibility for you, either through luck or shift in interests (it helps that after spending the first year in this game it has now become entirely pointless as I would get almost no benefit worth the wasted money anymore. Getting nothing interesting for a while does kill the mood, though). Taking notes on pulls also really helps putting things into perspective, as you mentioned. With this years list, I now see that sticking with FEH seems likely manageable, while my pulls on another gacha game was horrendous compared to other users, which made me drop that game from any serious focus, as to not be disappointed and just laugh at it for being a garbage gaming experience.

Went with blue and colorless and spent about 150 or so Orbs. Got two Desert Mercenaries Ephraim, Adrift M!Corrin, and Dimitri. No Tethys. I hope she demotes.