43 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's ok... Not everyone can be spend money in mobile games or be a whale... 

I learned that I will not have to get all the units that I like right away, and that spending money for it not only is a waste... But also dumb. If I have orbs, I summon. If I don't have orbs or I am not feeling that it's worthy, I skip. 

OnceI I started to play this way, the game became more enjoyable for me.

I was lucky this time (not that I care about Ephraim... He is good but not needed in my opinion and his Duo skill is not that useful for me), but I missed Hector... I could use money to have more tried, but there are way more valuable things that I can use my money than a fictional character in a Halloween Costume.

Ephraim is my second favorite lord after Ike and I've got all the other Ephraims. So I might as well try keeping that collection complete. xP I only really spend money if I need to and if I can afford it. I don't really whale. I only truly whaled to +10 Summer Frederick and Brave Ike. And even then, I got half the needed merges for free anyway.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two tickets showed up, so back to trying to get Gerik a merge. 438 orbs on hand.

1. 4* Effie: Ugh.

And one more ticket.

1. 4* Fae: Meh.
  2. 4* Hawkeye: Worthless.

Actually, I'm feeling hopeful. A few more greens won't break the bank. 434 orbs now.

1. 3* Roderick: Nope.

Of course that requires that there actually be greens...429 orbs left.

1. 3* Gunter: SI fodder.

And again...424 orbs left.

1. 4* Olivia: Feathers.

Very disappointing. 419 orbs left.

1. 4* Titania: Meh.

More than one green at a time would be nice. 414 orbs left.

1. 5* Duo!Ephraim: Alright then. Not who I was looking for, but a very solid unit nonetheless. +HP/-Res is decent, better than Gerik's +HP/-Spd certainly.

A very pleasant surprise. If I fall below 400 orbs (i.e. after two more units), that's a sign to stop. L!Julia needs her merges. 409 orbs left.

1. 3* Silas: Reposition fodder.

Nice. 404 orbs left.

1. 4* Jagen: Bleh.

All in all that went extremely well. Only 43 orbs for the two good units on this banner as well as 2 pieces of Reposition fodder. I would have liked a Shanna for SI, but you can't get everything. The orb stockpile is still large enough for my liking, so back to saving.

My last ticket gave me another blue 5 star...that isn't Ephraim + Lyon. This time it's Mordecai. He's got good IVs like Petra (+Def, -Res I believe), but these pitybreakers still annoy me.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My last ticket gave me another blue 5 star...that isn't Ephraim + Lyon. This time it's Mordecai. He's got good IVs like Petra (+Def, -Res I believe), but these pitybreakers still annoy me.

I wish trading was a thing, I'd totally give you my one for regular Lucina.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Yeah which is sad.

In other news the tickets got me nothing noteworthy and I stupidly decided I wanted to summon on the guard skills banner (because stupid summoning itch is stupid) and netted Valbar who is new and the usual lame fodders.  Oh and Lute is stalking me.  She pity broke me on the banner which mildly sucks.  I kind of was hoping for the Lion king guy (who's name I will never be able to spell off the top of my head) because he seems cool design wise and might make a good team mate for Grimmy.

17 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah which is sad.

In other news the tickets got me nothing noteworthy and I stupidly decided I wanted to summon on the guard skills banner (because stupid summoning itch is stupid) and netted Valbar who is new and the usual lame fodders.  Oh and Lute is stalking me.  She pity broke me on the banner which mildly sucks.  I kind of was hoping for the Lion king guy (who's name I will never be able to spell off the top of my head) because he seems cool design wise and might make a good team mate for Grimmy.

Indeed.

Caineghis. Yeah, that can be hard for some to remember to spell. I always had a natural talent for spelling, to the point where I was told I should enter spelling bees in school, but I was always too nervous. Anyone who needs to know how to spell something, feel free to ask me! My mom does. XD

I'm not sure I should try for Ephraim + Lyon anymore right now with Farfetched/Brave Redux 3 definitely around the corner now.

Edited by Anacybele

Well I got the free orbs, bought the monthly pack, and spent all the tickets. Got 2 5*'s out of it which is pretty good rate wise. Sadly though Ewan never showed. His ticket, the last one I got, instead summoned me a Ephraim+Lyon Duo. Neutral, so good enough. Though this has broken my string of getting +ATK Blue Ephraims. Seriously. My only Ephraim who wasn't +ATK was Brave Ephraim(who is -ATK/+DEF which just happens to be the opposite of my +ATK/-DEF blue Ephraims. . . at least I think my first legendary Ephraim was -DEF). All Blue Ephraims must be +ATK. Or so I thought.

Anyways this is a good enough result. Wanted Ewan, but Ephraim is probably second most wanted since he could really open up Galeforce in AR for me.  Also he should make a great Arena bonus unit.

I got a pity rate.

Maybe I can get Gerik this time?

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Blue

3* Shigure (There's a whole lotta units I never seem to pull. +Res/-Atk)

2 Green, 1 each Red, Blue, Colourless

3* Arthur (Definitely not a good sign. +Atk/-Spd), 4* Nino (Any chance of not-launch units? +Atk/-HP)

1 hour ago, Thane said:

700 orbs gave me three Silques.

Eight tickets have given me three Hectors & Lilina and one Ephraim & Lyon. 

I'm confused.

Looks like tickets are more powerful than orbs... Will the next TT have 42 Tickets instad of 42 orbs?

Congrats on your summons, by the way...

Did you get only 3 Silques is those 700 orbs, or you also got a bunch of others 5 stars?

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Congrats on your summons, by the way...

Did you get only 3 Silques is those 700 orbs, or you also got a bunch of others 5 stars?

Thanks mate!

Nah, I also got a Mikoto, a Brady, two Fallen Corns and one Fallen Tiki. The last three were really lucky, I know, though I did have them merged at +1 after rolling heavily for them on their original banner. 

22 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Ah yes, Fjorm... coming along when aiming for something else. Luckily for me, that pain didn't go to the same extent as your case and she made a good sacrificial lamb by becoming Att/Def Bond before it became easily obtainable.

The sunken cost fallacy only gets worse. While only you can decide on what is best, you definitely need to be clear on that principle to avoid an even worse outcome. With that said, I came back from the dire situation and it is also a possibility for you, either through luck or shift in interests (it helps that after spending the first year in this game it has now become entirely pointless as I would get almost no benefit worth the wasted money anymore. Getting nothing interesting for a while does kill the mood, though). Taking notes on pulls also really helps putting things into perspective, as you mentioned. With this years list, I now see that sticking with FEH seems likely manageable, while my pulls on another gacha game was horrendous compared to other users, which made me drop that game from any serious focus, as to not be disappointed and just laugh at it for being a garbage gaming experience.

I only went so hard on that banner since both Azura and Summer Camilla were blue, but of course pretty much all I got were Fjorms instead. Kind of insult to injury that she left the Askr bonus rotation shortly after that as well.

Luckily I stopped spending money at the end of last year, since I realized it's not like spending never seemed to work for me either, but the sunken cost still remains from it. If I wasn't so invested after two and a half years I'd probably treat things as you did with that other game, but it's hard to shake I suppose. I've at least dialed back how much attention I give to the game, but I'll have to see if things do indeed manage to turn around soon since I'm running out of steam like this. I was hoping 3H would pull my interest away from FEH but sadly that didn't happen, so I'm still on this gacha rollercoaster. I hope your luck continues to go well, since I sure wouldn't wish the luck I've been having on anyone.

@Zeo congrats!  Sometimes, banners do that, and I'm glad that it's one that had your favorite characters!

Now up to 3,366 total pulled units.

Spoiler

Camilla (+HP/-Res): This doesn't look promising.
Eliwood (+Def/-Atk): #NotMyWaifu
Chrom (+Spd/-HP): That, uh, kinda unfortunate.
Seth (+HP/Res): Gah, that's no good.
Priscilla (+Spd/-Res): I kinda like her as +Atk.

Peri (+Atk/-HP): Oh, that's surprisingly good~!
Cain (+Spd/-HP): Huh.  With his refine, this may not be the worst thing in the world.
Rebecca (+Spd/-Def): One of many that prefers +Atk.
Leon (+HP/-Res): I'm not making another +10.
Jeorge (+Atk/-HP): And we end with another competent unit~!

Jagen (+Spd/-HP): Not bad, but I like +Atk on him.
Lukas (+HP/-Spd): This isn't bad at all.  One of the few that can take -Spd and be happy about it.
Hinata (+HP/-Spd): And another one that can do the same.  But I need Fury fodder!
Soren (+Res/-Atk): NO.
Sakura (+Spd/-Def): Like many others, I prefer +Atk.

Mordecai (+Res/-Atk): The other way around!
Abel (+Atk/-Spd): WOOHOO~!
Roy (neutral): That's not my how my boy rolls!
Corrin (+Res/-Def): NO.
Clarine (+Spd/-Def): Uhhh. . .I need to think about this.

Corrin (+Def/-Spd): ALSO NO.
Henry (+Def/-Atk): There's bad, and then there's this.
Roy (+Atk/-HP): That's more like it!  But I already have one that's +Atk.
Chrom (+Atk/-Res): How are YOU doing?
Roy (+Atk/-HP): Did. . .did I travel back in time?

Lethe (+HP/-Def): TIL that Magvel had laguz.  Effectively neutral, but she's my first, so I'll take her.  May give her Atk/Spd Solo if I somehow get another one.
Cherche (+Spd/-Def): That's. . .also unfortunate.
Saizo (+HP/-Res): That's just bad.
Lucius (+Spd/-HP): I'm spoiled by +Atk.
Wrys (+Def/-Res): Absolutely not.

Happy that I got a 5*, but worried that I don't have a single banner character.  Go figure.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:35 PM, Anacybele said:

I'm not sure I should try for Ephraim + Lyon anymore right now with Farfetched/Brave Redux 3 definitely around the corner now.

He is a good Galeforce unit since he is practically a cavalry unit with his Duo Skill. But yeah, saving up for the upcoming Focus is good too. Although I am not sure any of them would be game changing.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'll always be happy to pull green stones from here on out now on account of Ross. Sadly the lone green stone was just a *3 Boey.

I had a lone green stone as well... And it was a 4-star +Atk Ross?? He's already got a merge and the perfect boon too! Pretty much the best thing I could have asked for as my free pull. Sorry about your 3-star Boey, hopefully you get another Ross soon as well!

New Power offered no greens - just a blue and four reds. 4* Sully.

Back to the SS banner. Ticket #2:

4* Oboro
3* Mae

Ticket #3:

4* Oboro
4* Florina

Ticket #4:

3* Libra

So nothing really. The saving begins in earnest.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Of course the banner with the only 5* exclusive being green gives me no green orbs.

At the very least, I got Shanna in my main (yay Desperation!!!) and finally, a +Atk/-HP Caeda! @daisy jane Now I can finally build Caeda lol, the wait is over, she's too rare for my second account

YAAAAYY! +ATK CAEDA! Good Gravy that girl certainly loves making people wait! 
(i know there are some people equally desperate for +Atk Clairs. honestly. the majority of my clairs come at +atk) - once i get mondo feathers i'll get her done (but i want to do Cordelia as well). 

I had 4 blues + 1 green  - so i went green and got old man horsey