5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

honestly, if you're not going to use taco, perfect ivs or not, just fodder him.
But i noticed when i want fodder, the unit comes basically perfect, but if you aren't ever going to use the guy then it'sa waste. 

I do plan to build him up should the guides call for him to be used, so getting rid of the neutral copy was essential to both get the level 40 convo and maybe see some use.

But yeah, that seems to be a bit of a trend I've had too.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Wow, you had some amazing luck with the tickets and orbs! I'm pretty jealous of that Female Byleth. Your Shiro is looking really strong as well.

Thanks! I don't know if you like the look of my only Byleth though:

Spoiler

96VJNnb.png

Hope Shiro will get a cool refinenent, not using him much.

6 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

I got nothing from the tickets and some of the story orbs, just 3,50% pity rate. But on the revival banner today I had four colorless stones, so I decided to open all of them. The first one was another Mercedes, and the second was Takumi! I've been needing Close Counter fodder, so getting that easily is amazing. Another merge for Mercedes is just the cherry on top! I regret opening the two last colorless stones though, they were just Gordin and 3-star Kagero, so that's 8 orbs wasted, but I can't complain when Takumi was in the same circle

Cool, congrats to CC and Mercedes! Will you make her +10?

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Took a few more Orbs than I'd have liked but I got a Taku~ He'll be stored for future endeavors~

Congrats! Looking forward to your next OP CC unit! 

34 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! I don't know if you like the look of my only Byleth though:

Hide contents

96VJNnb.png

Hope Shiro will get a cool refinenent, not using him much.

Cool, congrats to CC and Mercedes! Will you make her +10?

Don't worry, I wanted to use her for Fury 4 on Celica myself! Your Roy looks fantastic with it though, he should have very little trouble entering Desperation range now!

Yeah, Shiro needs it pretty bad. I have one myself, but the only use he ever sees is sometimes when he's a good fit for Arena Assault. Shouldn't be too long until he gets a refine though, considering they gave one to Kanna.

I might make Mercedes +10 eventually, yes. She's up to +3 now, I've just been merging her as I get her. I wanted to invest a bit in a Three Houses unit, and I haven't made any +10 Staff units yet either, so she seemed like a good fit.

Last night I got my first free 5* pull 😁 The plan was to only pull colorless on the banner for Takumi, but the free session did't have colorless, so I picked blue and got Hinoka! I did end up spending around 120 orbs afterwards to get a single Takumi. Ugggg. Oh well

ccxWZhal.jpg

Another free pull.

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Blue

4* Clarine (I wish newer units would show up. +HP/-Spd, oof.)

Back to Osian.

2 Red, 1 each Blue, Green, Colourless

4* Titania (It's not Osian. +Atk/-Def)

8 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

I got nothing from the tickets and some of the story orbs, just 3,50% pity rate. But on the revival banner today I had four colorless stones, so I decided to open all of them. The first one was another Mercedes, and the second was Takumi! I've been needing Close Counter fodder, so getting that easily is amazing. Another merge for Mercedes is just the cherry on top! I regret opening the two last colorless stones though, they were just Gordin and 3-star Kagero, so that's 8 orbs wasted, but I can't complain when Takumi was in the same circle.

I got Mercie too!! what are the odds
(though I'd love it if mercie would come with a i dunno +atk, +spd IV, thanks? she keeps coming +def/+res/+hp). I. Need. You. To. Be. Able. To. Kill. Stuff. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Took a few more Orbs than I'd have liked but I got a Taku~ He'll be stored for future endeavors~

CC Leif, we're coming for you!

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I do plan to build him up should the guides call for him to be used, so getting rid of the neutral copy was essential to both get the level 40 convo and maybe see some use.

But yeah, that seems to be a bit of a trend I've had too.

I use guides too but i haven't seen any one of them use Neutral Takumi for like a year. maybe early ones for Squad assaults etc etc (I think im reading your statement wrong, you wanan use the neutral copy? or like fodder off the neutral?) because the guides would want the neutral. 

but yeah. I know a lot of people tend to keep their only copy but if it's a skill i need I don't have time for that (especially if it's a unit i know 10000 percent i'm NEVER going to be using. Or I can't decide who gets the fodder. then they live a bit.this is why Tibarn's +atk butt is still alive. I know who i wanna give it to but she only gets it if i +10 her out...)

46 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Last night I got my first free 5* pull 😁 The plan was to only pull colorless on the banner for Takumi, but the free session did't have colorless, so I picked blue and got Hinoka! I did end up spending around 120 orbs afterwards to get a single Takumi. Ugggg. Oh well

ccxWZhal.jpg

so this would be your second Taco? (you got the free one right?)

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

I might make Mercedes +10 eventually, yes. She's up to +3 now, I've just been merging her as I get her. I wanted to invest a bit in a Three Houses unit, and I haven't made any +10 Staff units yet either, so she seemed like a good fit.

Haven't decided for a merged staff unit yet. I liked Brady, but never got him.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

(though I'd love it if mercie would come with a i dunno +atk, +spd IV, thanks? she keeps coming +def/+res/+hp). I. Need. You. To. Be. Able. To. Kill. Stuff. Thanks! 

CC Leif, we're coming for you!

I use guides too but i haven't seen any one of them use Neutral Takumi for like a year. maybe early ones for Squad assaults etc etc (I think im reading your statement wrong, you wanan use the neutral copy? or like fodder off the neutral?) because the guides would want the neutral. 

but yeah. I know a lot of people tend to keep their only copy but if it's a skill i need I don't have time for that (especially if it's a unit i know 10000 percent i'm NEVER going to be using. Or I can't decide who gets the fodder. then they live a bit.this is why Tibarn's +atk butt is still alive. I know who i wanna give it to but she only gets it if i +10 her out...)

so this would be your second Taco? (you got the free one right?)

I'm keeping mr +Atk and giving the neutral one to my +Spd male Morgan (my +Atk one ate Winter Tharja)

I'm really annoyed having to snipe colorless. It's horrible. Now I just wasted about 20 orbs because they decided to give me 4 sessions in a row without any colorless to choose from. WTF? At least each time I had the option to pick green and minimize the chance of a pity break, but damn it's frustrating. One bright spot today, I was able to grab a +Atk Priscilla for my merge project, and I got a new unit; Tanya 

abZrNRVl.jpg

EDIT: I just checked, and my Focus rate is now at 5.67%. If I get pity broken by anyone other than Takumi, I'm gonna break my phone 😫

Edited by TEKWRX
pity rate

Revival banners hit especially harsh because you go in expecting to get a focus unit every other circle 😞

I still shudder at my third -Atk Mikoto when I was trying for Jaffar... at 6% focus and like 2.6% for nonfocus >.<

Speaking of which, there are hardly any revival units I desperately want now that I got Lucina... I would love a Lyn, but she is not repeating again... maybe a Linde, Genny, Faye, Eldigan or try again for Jaffar. There are a lot of units I don't have yet lol. 

Let's see if I can get Mia a merge from the New Power banner.

1. 4* Ares: Again?

That guy shows up way too much nowadays. Now for Weekly Revival 7. I don't have Ryoma or Hinoka, so I'll try blue.

1. 4* Abel: Swordbreaker fodder.

So much for that.

Well, up to 6% on Takumi, and the decide to give me 3 red and 2 blue. Just great. I'm bound to get pity broken. I closed the app in disgust without summoning. Does anybody know what's gonna happen when I relaunch the game? Will it force me to choose f r om those colors? Do I get new colors? Did I lose my orbs (unlikely, but I'd be fine with it honestly)? 

I'm actually scared to pick a non colorless orb. I bought this block of orbs just to get Takumi, and I'm almost out so if I get pity broken, that's it. I can't spend any more money on this game for the time being. 

7 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I'm really annoyed having to snipe colorless. It's horrible. Now I just wasted about 20 orbs because they decided to give me 4 sessions in a row without any colorless to choose from. WTF? At least each time I had the option to pick green and minimize the chance of a pity break, but damn it's frustrating. One bright spot today, I was able to grab a +Atk Priscilla for my merge project, and I got a new unit; Tanya 

abZrNRVl.jpg

EDIT: I just checked, and my Focus rate is now at 5.67%. If I get pity broken by anyone other than Takumi, I'm gonna break my phone 😫

ooh Tethys + Tanya.! that's interesting that she's already in the Taco banner. (tanya i mean)

so. this is something i've personally realised. the 4 % is basically a lie. LOL it's only slightly higher than 3. last go around when i was trying to get hectors - I got two lughs and a Julia before I got a hector. you have to remember it's still relatively the same rates at 3% just theoretically a Taco (ryoma/hinoka) SHOULD be the one that breaks you. Now. I get you are frustrated, but having hone fliers fodder is a really good thing should you get broken by blue. it's still only available via Hinoka (and two grail units, one of which is a great Flier Buff bot i might add slash available at 5* so that is also 20K feathers. 

when you restart your phone it will say "you were summoning, we'll take you back there now."

31 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

when you restart your phone it will say "you were summoning, we'll take you back there now."

Yeah, that's what happened. But I tell you, I've never in my life been so happy to pull Jagen, lol 😁

Alls well that ends well, two pulls later and I got another Takumi! Now to resist the urge to buy more orbs before the banner goes away.... 

Another free pull.

3 Red, 2 Green (That's bad)

4* Laslow  (That's bad. +Spd/-Atk)

Back to Thracia (+Peony I guess)

2 each Red, Green, 1 Blue

4* Raven (STOP. Neutral), 5* Osian (PUGI BHUJ VOUGE HAS ARRIVED! +Def/-HP, I'm going to train him), 3* Henry (Mehry. +Res/-Spd), 4* Draug (YOU AND RAVEN CAN CRAWL INTO HOLES AND DIE. +Def/-HP), 4* Thea (Nice one to finish on. +Spd/-Res, I have that.)

I don't think I've gotten a clean sweep in a while, so this is nice. Tanya will come in future I hope.

21 hours ago, daisy jane said:
On 12/8/2019 at 2:50 PM, BoaFerox said:

The Mercedes I got was +Spd actually... And the one I had before was +Atk, so now I have to decide between them. Hope you get one with nice IVs soon!

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Haven't decided for a merged staff unit yet. I liked Brady, but never got him.

I have gotten one Brady, but he didn't have good IVs. He does sound like a good merge project though, hopefully you get him sometime!

I picked the only red stone for my free summon today, and got Mia! Just after she got her new refine she gets another merge as well, she's looking pretty nice now.

Spoiler

X2lYsUVl.png

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@BoaFerox That's fast, even for the current meta! Congrats to the free merge!

Where are you using her, in which modes? 

Thanks!

She hasn't really seen much use outside of Arena Assault lately, though I have used her some for my Tenth Stratum Infantry team. She's in a spot where she doesn't work in Arena or Allegiance Battles, and in AR I don't usually have room for a Sword Infantry (unless they're a bonus unit or have some more useful niche like Byleth), so there's really only Arena Assault and various quests left. I like her though, so I'm happy to use her when I have the chance.

14 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Thanks!

She hasn't really seen much use outside of Arena Assault lately, though I have used her some for my Tenth Stratum Infantry team. She's in a spot where she doesn't work in Arena or Allegiance Battles, and in AR I don't usually have room for a Sword Infantry (unless they're a bonus unit or have some more useful niche like Byleth), so there's really only Arena Assault and various quests left. I like her though, so I'm happy to use her when I have the chance.

There are many many units in that spot unfortunately. For this reason I'm sad the new mode is using the arena scoring system, but at least each MS-pair can have a low scoring unit (like Mia, or in my case L!Leif, BH!Roy and others).