@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @daisy jane @DLNarshen

...My... freaking... nephew. 

His phone's been missing for a few days so when it was found I logged in for him and did his free summon on the new banner.... I was just going to open one green or blue... there was one blue so I opened it...

0TvoKPJ.png

...What... even. I don't even have Ophelia. And oh the kicker? She's freaking +ATK/-HP. She's perfect. If this boy pulls a Lewyn it's done. He's already got Igrene and now he's got tactical nuke.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. But I'm not just here for his exploits. I've been chipping away hopelessly at the double seasonal banner for countless groups of one-none gray stone pools. After scooping up the first HoF orbs and the very last 3 Tempest Orbs I go back in, one grey: Maria. I'm down from 13 to 8. I grab the weekend orb for 9. Go back in, 3 grey stones.... Left in a really... really bad spot not. Two on the right, one on the left. I take the mid right one: Sothe. So I go to the one on the left but before I click it... I pause for a second and pray. Then I'm directed to the bottom right one instead, so I go with that one and...

Spoiler

iNLR6tC.png

He finally appears. I can't even say I expected Ursula. I expected nothing but a high rate and a bunch of wasted orbs. Had I gone with the left orb I probably would have left with another Kagero or Wrys but I listened when I needed to and here I am. This guy is even the horrific nature of +SPD/-ATK as the cherry on top. This time I'm finally breaking my rule. I'm going to level him up to 40, get his quote and DF, tinker around with him a bit, get his HM to max and then fodder him off to my Serra for CC. It's a slow burn but it's finally happening. It's a shame that I won't be able to inherit his unique dagger to anyone but too bad. It took all the Tempest orbs and then some, about an 8.00% rate but we did it. We had to work for it but we finally got CC fodder after all these years.

Worth it? Worth it.

Well, I'm down to 0 orbs once again but this is the end of a journey for me. With this I'm officially going into the new year as a saver. Everything from this point forward is a skip. Free/discounted pull and that's it until either Lyn, Edward or Ilyana show up unless something like Altina pops up again. Unlikely though. Let's see how many orbs I can stack up before the year is over.

Feeling pretty light now. Now all I have to do is upload my last few clears and I can finally drop the rest of this game's weight and enjoy it for what it is like everyone else.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Haha your nephew has the perfect tactic: Ignoring all banners to make them try to get his attention by flooting him with awesome units.

On the other hand, if he doesn't even want to do his summons by himself, then all those units might be wasted on him. Or does he play from time to time at least? 

Congrats on the perfect fodder Xander! I wouldn't bother with his HM if you plan to get a better copy one day. I'd give him some runs in TTs to check out his goofiness though. 

@Zeo Ooooh congrats on the CC! Quite jealous of you haha but Serra deserves it.

Also wow your nephew has some crazy luck!

Well I did a stupid. I thought to myself, I'll do the first circle on the Echoes units. Got nothing. That open the doors to my summoning itches, I forgot how 35 orbs ins't actually that much..

But I went back to the seasonals anyway for either a Flora/Lilina or CC fodder but that just gave me nothing and now I'm under 20 orbs again despite the legendary being soon 😞

So I forgot to bring my tablet with me for the holidays, but last week I had some birthday pulls on the Thracia Banner.

Got the 5* Mareeta which I was hoping for. This gives me a new chance for this game, she's a lot of fun to use.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

...What... even. I don't even have Ophelia. And oh the kicker? She's freaking +ATK/-HP. She's perfect. If this boy pulls a Lewyn it's done. He's already got Igrene and now he's got tactical nuke. Sothe. So I go to the one on the left but before I click it... I pause for a second and pray. Then I'm directed to the bottom right one instead, so I go with that one and...

Hide contents

iNLR6tC.png

He finally appears. I can't even say I expected Ursula. I expected nothing but a high rate and a bunch of wasted orbs. Had I gone with the left orb I probably would have left with another Kagero or Wrys but I listened when I needed to and here I am. This guy is even the horrific nature of +SPD/-ATK as the cherry on top. This time I'm finally breaking my rule. I'm going to level him up to 40, get his quote and DF, tinker around with him a bit, get his HM to max and then fodder him off to my Serra for CC. It's a slow burn but it's finally happening. It's a shame that I won't be able to inherit his unique dagger to anyone but too bad. It took all the Tempest orbs and then some, about an 8.00% rate but we did it. We had to work for it but we finally got CC fodder after all these years.

Worth it? Worth it.

Well, I'm down to 0 orbs once again but this is the end of a journey for me. With this I'm officially going into the new year as a saver. Everything from this point forward is a skip. Free/discounted pull and that's it until either Lyn, Edward or Ilyana show up unless something like Altina pops up again. Unlikely though. Let's see how many orbs I can stack up before the year is over.

Feeling pretty light now. Now all I have to do is upload my last few clears and I can finally drop the rest of this game's weight and enjoy it for what it is like everyone else.

OI your Nephew!!  I am insanely Jealous. 

i am jealous of you too! XANDER!!! (how come you want CC on Serra so badly? (I wanted to do this but people keep talking me out of it LOL). 

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

No blues on the skill banner so I end up with 4* Raven.

Weekly revival is a 4* Nanna. Resisted opening the red orb as I no longer see any reason to use Alm over Legendary Marth when his unmerged but refined self can't even kill some newer dragons.

yeah mine struggles with Corrin etc. (but i find if i have him buffed up with atk opening/def opening) - he can do kinda okay

7 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Cool, thanks for the list. Unfortunately a lot of those require grails and I don't want to use them for anything until I finish my W!Cecilia project.  Although I really wanted a ranged AOE user, I actually wanted to build Navarre and I totally forgot about him so thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, I just threw 9 orbs at Ophelia again (don't yell at me @daisy jane 😲), and I got a 5* Sumia with my first pull. Uggg. I haven't used many orbs on the banner, so I actually have a really great 5* pull rate (2 out of 7 units), but they're both off focus. Luck but no luck 🤬

i love Sumia. lol that's awesome 😉

honestly like i said if you wanna try, try. but there are a lot more better banners. (and i am saying this as someone who would love to get more Ophelias). 

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Well I did a stupid. I thought to myself, I'll do the first circle on the Echoes units. Got nothing. That open the doors to my summoning itches, I forgot how 35 orbs ins't actually that much..

But I went back to the seasonals anyway for either a Flora/Lilina or CC fodder but that just gave me nothing and now I'm under 20 orbs again despite the legendary being soon 😞

(HUG) hopefully you won't want anything on the legendary

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

So I forgot to bring my tablet with me for the holidays, but last week I had some birthday pulls on the Thracia Banner.

Got the 5* Mareeta which I was hoping for. This gives me a new chance for this game, she's a lot of fun to use.

happy beleated Birthday!

Okay, it's kind of sad but also kind of interesting/funny.

I saw the new rerun banner and was all "Ah. I may as well invest a little to see if I can merge up my Alm a little." So, I summon. ...And summon. ....This endeavor eats 150 or so orbs.

And then I get pity broken by Fallen Celia. XD No wonder Alm never came! Guess he was busy fighting her and she kind of emerged the victor...

Edit: Ah, I also got some Bantus (yay!) and my first Tanya (I think that was her name...) So, I guess she's in the 3*-4* pool. Since she was replaced by Peony, I wasn't sure where she'd be on the banners.

Edited by Mercakete

@Zeo Big time congrats on the CC pull!  Maybe you can't give anyone the cool dagger, but if you feed your Serra a 4* Subaki, and a 3* Haar first,  you could potentially inherit CC, QR3, and Odd Defense Wave 3 all at once.  I don't know if she'd get much use out of those, or if saccing the prerequisite units is a possibility for you, but more options can't hurt right?

Normally I don't have much to contribute in this thread, but my free summon on the Weekly Revival actually gave me something of note today:

Spoiler

w2xShQE.png

He's +Spd/-Res, which I can certainly work with!  I've wanted him ever he got his ridiculous refine, but not enough to really justify spending my orbs on him.  He's getting his refine right away. 

Edited by DLNarshen

52 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

He's +Spd/-Res, which I can certainly work with!  I've wanted him ever he got his ridiculous refine, but not enough to really justify spending my orbs on him.  He's getting his refine right away. 

Wow, great free pull! Congrats! His refine is really cool, definitely worth the dew. 

While my free pull was terrible (3* Virion), there was another colorless in the set. Morbid curiosity ensued and:

Spoiler

eCnqFZI.png

Eh, welcome back or something I guess. Now I can finally clear her ordeal and get two whole flowers. Huzzah. Yeah, I still don’t like Faye very much if you couldn’t tell.

Quan's on a banner. He always seems to be sharing with someone.

3 Red, 2 Blue

3* Effie,  4* Subaki

Back to Christmas.

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Blue

4* Silas (I'm okay with this. +Atk/-Def), 3* Saizo (Nope. +Res/-Atk), 4* Azama (Away with him. +Def/-HP)

4%

3 Red, 1 each Green, Colourless

4* Matthew (Nah. +Spd/-Def)

Later:

3 Blue, 2 Green

4* Shigure (I wish I got others, but could be worse. +Spd/-HP), 4* Thea (Good. +Def/-Res), 4* Nowi (Nono. +Atk/-Def)

Just got blessed with a +attack Alm off this weekly revival banner from my free summon.

Perfect timing to since I was in the market for a red dragonslayer unit. Plus Alm being one of my favorite lords and all. This past week has been godly for me.

Just now, Faellin said:

Just got blessed with a +attack Alm off this weekly revival banner from my free summon.

Perfect timing to since I was in the market for a red dragonslayer unit. Plus Alm being one of my favorite lords and all. This past week has been godly for me.

Wow, perfect boon, congrats! Get ready to slay heaps of dragons with his refined Falchion! 

Seems your bad luck from some weeks ago gave you some credit on the new banners. 

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Haha your nephew has the perfect tactic: Ignoring all banners to make them try to get his attention by flooting him with awesome units.

On the other hand, if he doesn't even want to do his summons by himself, then all those units might be wasted on him. Or does he play from time to time at least? 

Congrats on the perfect fodder Xander! I wouldn't bother with his HM if you plan to get a better copy one day. I'd give him some runs in TTs to check out his goofiness though. 

Yeah he plays every so often, but he's also 8 with a computer, an Xbox One S and a myriad of other games he can play so it's only an occasional thing. He's got some nice toys though, even if he lacks some essentials.

Yeah if I can do RD farming then Xander's HM is a no brainer. It'll mostly depend on me finishing up uploading clears as I said I wasn't going to set up RD farming until after that. If that ends up being pushed back for one reason or another (procrastination) I may just fodder him without the feathers. By the time his banner comes next year I'll have more than enough orbs to get him again if I want to.

@mcsilas Doesn't mean you won't free summon something great!

11 hours ago, daisy jane said:

OI your Nephew!!  I am insanely Jealous. 

i am jealous of you too! XANDER!!! (how come you want CC on Serra so badly? (I wanted to do this but people keep talking me out of it LOL). 

I've wanted CC on Serra pretty much from the beginning. There are potentially units that can do the CC+Absorb build better like Lachesis/Brady/Mercedes etc but Serra is my favorite so it's a no brainer. With her my trinity of CC users is complete (Matthew/Morgan/Serra). There are other users who I'd like to have CC (Odin/Faye/Merric/LA!Lyn etc) but no one else has the priority of Serra. She IS my +10 healer and she was always going to be. Plus theres always the potential of staff prfs down the line and she's the most likely to get an enhanced prf Absorb staff as she was the first unit in the game to actually carry the staff.

10 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@Zeo Big time congrats on the CC pull!  Maybe you can't give anyone the cool dagger, but if you feed your Serra a 4* Subaki, and a 3* Haar first,  you could potentially inherit CC, QR3, and Odd Defense Wave 3 all at once.  I don't know if she'd get much use out of those, or if saccing the prerequisite units is a possibility for you, but more options can't hurt right?

Normally I don't have much to contribute in this thread, but my free summon on the Weekly Revival actually gave me something of note today:

Reveal hidden contents

w2xShQE.png

I'll probably do that. DEF is her weakest stat so the boost could be a help every now and again. Plus she's speedy but you never know if you could use QR so yeah that's a great idea.

Fantastic Alm pull as well. Mine is -SPD but that doesn't really matter with the refine. I didn't give mine the refine on account of not having Mystic Boost fodder for the infinite-active effect build and pulling a +SPD B!Alm that I'd use in pretty much any situation I'd use OG Alm.

Free Faye! +Def -Atk isn't really good, but who cares!
Hm... my used Faye is actually +6 despite how good the Firesweep Bow is... wonder if they'll ever consider putting the bow in the 4* pool if they don't wanna drop Faye...

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Yeah he plays every so often, but he's also 8 with a computer, an Xbox One S and a myriad of other games he can play so it's only an occasional thing. He's got some nice toys though, even if he lacks some essentials.

Seriously??? All I had growing up was a Gamecube with like 4 or 5 working games and a few games that would work for a while before giving a disk read error (because I was a dumb kid who didn't know how to take care of small game disks) and a computer with a bunch of games I was too old for, so I mostly played games on Nickelodeon and Disney and such.
Man, kids these days have it good... I know my mom would never even let me look at Fortnite if it was around in my childhood...

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Free Faye! +Def -Atk isn't really good, but who cares!
Hm... my used Faye is actually +6 despite how good the Firesweep Bow is... wonder if they'll ever consider putting the bow in the 4* pool if they don't wanna drop Faye...

Seriously??? All I had growing up was a Gamecube with like 4 or 5 working games and a few games that would work for a while before giving a disk read error (because I was a dumb kid who didn't know how to take care of small game disks) and a computer with a bunch of games I was too old for, so I mostly played games on Nickelodeon and Disney and such.
Man, kids these days have it good... I know my mom would never even let me look at Fortnite if it was around in my childhood...

I'm not one to talk. When I was a kid I had a Dreamcast with around a dozen games, then I got an original Xbox with eventually 50+ games as well as a Gameboy Advance with a good 10-20 games also. I would think about the thousands of games he has access to in today's generation in jealousy, but in hindsight, I had it made seeing as I had a good chunk of what I just said when I was his age lol, especially comparing it to what you just said you had. I also had a computer at some point too but that was a bit later.

Well, since the Book IV banner is ending in 1 day and I didn't want to leave it at a 4% pity rate I decided I'd really like to grab a second Mareeta to either fix her -Atk bane or possibly use for Close Call fodder, so I threw some orbs at it. First screen only had 1 red orb and I got a Lilina combat manual, but the second screen had 3 red orbs so I was hopeful. Unfortunately I got pity broken by Zelgius. That's fine I guess because he's new to me, but is -Atk +Def. Not exactly a home run 😕 Oh well

YXvu1sGl.jpg

RIP, I got up to 8% and in a circle with no reds I got a -Atk +Spd Tanith... 

At least Tanith looks gorgeous IS did Sigrun dirty considering I always viewed Sigrun as the prettier one in PoR/RD so she'll fit right at home with my other trophy units.

Omg. I summoned a single blue orb hunting for Ophelia again. And yet again a pity break. This time a Shiro. My rate for summoning 5* units on this banner is 25%, but not a single Ophelia which is all I care about. So frustrating. Anybody else ever get a rate that high on a banner before? It's crazy how lucky this banner is, but at the same time so disappointing 😲

20191223_211724.jpg

3,493 total pulled units.

Spoiler

Norne (+Spd/-Res): Better than most of what I've pulled, but I really want her as +Atk.  35/36 offenses are pretty good, and the only ones that truly beat it are an armored bow (Marth), a legendary unit (Alm), and a red bow (Igrene).  Of these Norne will be the easiest to merge, and she's colorless to boot.

Gunter (+Res/-Def): Ugh.

Libra (+Def/-Spd): NO.
Jagen (+Res/-HP): Eh.  Good boon, at least.
Tiki (+Def/-Atk): #NotMyWaifu
Ares (+Def/-HP): I could always use his fodder~!

Leon (+Def/-HP): That's not good.

Cherche (+Spd/-Res): Can you swap with Libra?
Eliwood (+Spd/-Res): He rocks it better anyway.  Definitely better than my neutral free pull, even if he's not a banner unit!
Cain (+Def/-Res): Fodder~!
Raigh (+Spd/-Def): Not bad, since he can kind-of go either way, but I like +Atk more.
Bantu (+Res/-HP): One day, old guy.  One day.

Thea (+Def/-Atk): #AlsoNotMyWaifu

Virion (+Spd/-Def): He can sort-of do this, if I already didn't have a +Spd one.
Kaze (+HP/-Atk): SIGH.
Lucius (+Atk/-Res): Oh hey, I already have you~!

Kaze (neutral): Fodder, I guess.
Jakob (neutral): Not even good fodder. ;/
Brady (+Res/-Atk): Man, why do I keep getting weird ones.  At least this one's an auto-merge!

Tethys (+HP/Atk): NO.
Nanna (+Def/-HP): Also NO.

Tanya (+Atk/-HP): Hell yeah, girl!  I'll take this as an apology from the Thracia banner!
Azama (+Atk/-Def): Not quite as useful, alas.

Sheena (neutral): Eh.

Wrys (+Atk/-Def): You too?

Cecilia (+Spd/-Atk): Escape Route fodder~!

Tharja (+Spd/-Res): I guess this works?

Saizo (+HP/-Atk): It wasn't acceptable for Tethys, and it sure as hell isn't acceptable for you!
Leon (+Def/-HP): SIGH.
Priscilla (+Def/-HP): Also SIGH.

So I walked out with a good Tanya and Eliwood and a lot of disappointment.  Still can't pull Jaffar, and the new banner's coming up. . .but it's Celica, and she hates me.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @DLNarshen @Landmaster @daisy jane

Huh... yeah... so. I'm sorry I've been tagging you guys so frequently as of late but... yeah... free pull.

Mon3Qab.png

After dumping over 200 orbs for her last year for nothing, this year she just drops into my lap. An early Christmas gift to be sure. She's +SPD/-HP... which... isn't great but it's almost neutral so it's fine. Got the only armor healer and she's the's the clear star of this banner. Took a chance that her brother and/or Fae may show up. Cost me 12 orbs for nothing but oh well. I was counting the discounted pulls.

We may be getting tickets but I won't be spending any more orbs on these banners. Red on the original and blue or green for this one as we get them. I'm already happy.

Lucius free summon from the 2018 Winter banner.

+Def/-Spd Winter Tharja free summon from the 2017 Winter banner!

Woot -- I can convert my old +Def/-Atk Winter Tharja into a manual once I train up the -Spd one!

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @DLNarshen @Landmaster @daisy jane

Huh... yeah... so. I'm sorry I've been tagging you guys so frequently as of late but... yeah... free pull

That's a great free pull, congrats! Also proof that we can be relaxed with most shiny B priority banners. 

Sadly I didn't get her with my free pull. Tickets for old banners? Odd.

4.25% got me W Robin! That was about... 100 orbs? He is +HP, -Def, but I’ll take it!

i hope the new red tickets aren’t too crazy lol. If they are, I’ll feel bad for going hard for Robin, but that means I can try for W Eirika!