I decided to throw a few orbs at NY Anna since I don't have a red bow and I don't care about the new banner at all.

I instead get a couple red-less sessions and a +Atk Alfonse + Sharena. Jesus, I got them and Lethe with bad IVs first, and then I got them both again to fix those bad IVs. What is with my luck in this game now? I had insane luck on Celica's banner and now this one too sorta. I didn't get Anna, but yeah. I'm not going to pull anymore right now, I want to save for GD Ike merges in February.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burned the tickets on the Happy New Year! rerun banner and of course my second Norne is +Atk, -Res. First one was +Spd, -Res. Couldn't have had some other asset and flaw so I could immediately merge her to +1 and begin the journey, could I, game? Meanwhile, zero Echidnas. Zero Valbars too.

Edited by Kaden

got a lovely -hp +def fallen tiki! this one wasn't from the brazen banner though, she pity broke me on the NY banner. it's a shame since i'd built it pretty high trying to get a merge for my duo alfonse, but this is probably a better outcome than continuing to summon since i spent more orbs than i meant to.

As much as I'd like to get Larcei her mother and Celica's banner have taught me that pulling on banners with shared focuses is a bad idea, so I decided to went to the NY!Banner instead and I got who I wanted the most:

dwzE04H.jpg

But of course there's a caveat whenever I get the unit I want easily. She's +Hp -Res which is a pain considering how her Prf works. I'm burn out from legendary banners so I'll probably just keep trying to get Selkie a merge so she can become more than a cute fox that'll get tons of headpats.

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I think this is the only one that has actually made me want to wash out my eyes.

Awwwr, I thought it was the best so far. :Wrys:

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I'm jealous of your Thrasir. I kinda wish the number of Edelgard vs Thrasir copies I ended up with were reversed, but I can't really complain.

Oh, what did you get? Also some Celicas I hope? 

I wish the number of my Celicas and Thrasirs were reversed instead, but I really can't complain (especially since Thrasir gave me a 760 score in MS). 

39 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

As much as I'd like to get Larcei her mother and Celica's banner have taught me that pulling on banners with shared focuses is a bad idea, so I decided to went to the NY!Banner instead and I got who I wanted the most:

Cool, congrats getting her! She is really cute and funny ("Did YOU eat my mochi!?"). 

Sorry about the bane, but I think bonus stats in TTs, AR and arena will help. Fixing banes can get frustrating. Perhaps better wait until the end of the banner?

Edited by mampfoid

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cool, congrats getting her! She is really cute and funny ("Did YOU eat my mochi!?"). 

Sorry about the bane, but I think bonus stats in TTs, AR and arena will help. Fixing banes can get frustrating. Perhaps better wait until the end of the banner?

Thanks! And yes, her quotes are quite funny although I still think Halloween L'Arachel wins in that regard ("Muahaha").

I was wondering about her use in AR, despite the dmg reduction she's still quite frail so I don't think it is the best idea to let her duke it out in that environment unless she's at least +5 with a full skillset. Arena is a no because this is my chance to destroy stuff with my +10 F!Delthea but I've been using her in TT to farm SP and she's been quite good there as long as she doesn't get herself killed by staying in the range of a Brave Bow

- - - - - 

Edit: Always trust your instincts. I had a feeling that I should do a small pull on the Christmas banner and I got this (it was at 3% so that's crazy!!!)

3JwhSSi.jpg

Both are +Spd -Res.

Echidna is going to be a WIP (if I ever get to it). As for Sothis...I don't know what I'll do with her, probably replace W!Fae in my dragon/armor team.

Edited by Alexmender

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks! And yes, her quotes are quite funny although I still think Halloween L'Arachel wins in that regard ("Muahaha").

Never got L'Arachel, now I'm curious.

Edit: Always trust your instincts. I had a feeling that I should do a small pull on the Christmas banner and I got this (it was at 3% so that's crazy!!!)

Oho! That's an awesome YOLO, congrats! 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Never got L'Arachel, now I'm curious.

My favorite bit of voice acting in the game might be when H!L'Arachel says "I'm a monster!" when clicking her for a move. Such a great delivery. She also has amazing art. 

12 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

My favorite bit of voice acting in the game might be when H!L'Arachel says "I'm a monster!" when clicking her for a move. Such a great delivery. She also has amazing art. 

Oh cool, wouldn't mind getting her then. Too bad I missed her on her TTs.

When I listened to L'Arachel a bit not so long ago, I was like "wait, that sounds exactly like... Holy crap, it is the same voice actor for Alya in Miraculous! Awesomesauce." Now I can't unhear Alya pelting people with magic from atop a horse because the personalities of the two characters are honestly not all that far off from one another. XD

I hope I can get really lucky with the tickets tonight. I want Mr. Chest Day himself without spending too many orbs lol.

also, if the new Valentine units aren’t too tempting, I think I’m gonna go for Soren this time around. Ike is lonely without him 😞 lol

The banner reveal didn’t do anything for me, so I decided to be irresponsible and try for NY! Anna instead of saving to fix my -Atk Yune later this month.  I got Anna on my first pull!...with the mixed blessing of being +Spd -Atk. Being more irresponsible, I decided to fix that flaw. 90-ish orbs later, another +Spd -Atk!  

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Awwwr, I thought it was the best so far. :Wrys:

Oh, what did you get? Also some Celicas I hope? 

I wish the number of my Celicas and Thrasirs were reversed instead, but I really can't complain (especially since Thrasir gave me a 760 score in MS). 

Well, if nothing else, I suppose it is the most terrifying, on par with such horrors as giant spiders, the solo violin arrangement of Der Erlkönig...and perhaps even the thought of Fire Emblem without Caeda. *shudder*

Jokes aside, I did wind up with some copies of Celica. I’m unsure whether I want to merge, or save them on the off-chance I want to give Swift Sparrow 3 to someone. I already have very solid Water and Earth teams, so unless I decide to make her into a long-long-term project unit to phase out my shoddy-ish Wind team, the only place I would really use her is hero battle clears, for which she won’t need merges. idk, I’m still thinking about it.

In other pull-related news, I ended up with a +Spd/-Atk Alfonse duo, which should come in handy next Astra season. I wonder if he can one-round Seliphs. That’d be nice.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Well, if nothing else, I suppose it is the most terrifying, on par with such horrors as giant spiders, the solo violin arrangement of Der Erlkönig...and perhaps even the thought of Fire Emblem without Caeda. *shudder*

But ... it's just a haircut. Poor Caeda ... Spiders are not so bad at least.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Jokes aside, I did wind up with some copies of Celica. I’m unsure whether I want to merge, or save them on the off-chance I want to give Swift Sparrow 3 to someone. I already have very solid Water and Earth teams, so unless I decide to make her into a long-long-term project unit to phase out my shoddy-ish Wind team, the only place I would really use her is hero battle clears, for which she won’t need merges. idk, I’m still thinking about it.

Nice, congrats! Also congrats to Alfonse!

So you only use two fully blessed teams? I'm just starting to build Fire (Celica misses merges) and Earth (Alm misses 8 merges and a 4th team member). 

31 orbs on hand, back to the New Year' banner to get Anna a merge.

1. 4* Soleil: Meh.
  2. 4* M!Morgan: Okay.

And another shot. 22 orbs left.

1. 3* Cain: No thanks.

One more try since the odds of 5 red units are low. 17 orbs left.

1. 4* Hana: Worthless.
  2. 4* Laslow: Eh.

More disappointing units.

Last night I noticed I had over 650 Google Play points, so I cashed some in for 23 free orbs with the hope in getting another Duo Alfonse for fodder. Well my 2nd session gave me 3 blue orbs (already had a pity rate of 4% from previous sessions), and I got him on the 2nd stone pulled. Now I'm not sure which IV to keep, because neither is very good. +HP -Res, and +Spd -Def. I'm leaning towards the +HP -Res version because his speed is already pretty low, and his special scales of his DEF so I don't think it's smart to have a bane there. What to do?

Lii7LRql.png

17 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Last night I noticed I had over 650 Google Play points, so I cashed some in for 23 free orbs with the hope in getting another Duo Alfonse for fodder. Well my 2nd session gave me 3 blue orbs (already had a pity rate of 4% from previous sessions), and I got him on the 2nd stone pulled. Now I'm not sure which IV to keep, because neither is very good. +HP -Res, and +Spd -Def. I'm leaning towards the +HP -Res version because his speed is already pretty low, and his special scales of his DEF so I don't think it's smart to have a bane there. What to do?

Lii7LRql.png

keep the +hp one. 

@LordFrigid - i swear Alfonse is coming to everyone +spd/-atk. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

keep the +hp one. 

Thanks, that's what I figured. I'm really glad I held off giving my first one any SI or dragon flowers even there were many times I wished he had Respostion while using him over the past week. I knew I was going to be trying for another. I guess I better still hold off on any SI at least until the banner goes away. Who knows, maybe I'll end up with a third with decent IVs for once 😉

3,568 total pulled units.  Small update, but I really need to clean my barracks out.

Spoiler

Gunther (+HP/-Res): Why did you have to be 3*?

Draug (+HP/-Spd): That's no good.  Wendy would've been happier.

Alfonse (+Res/-Atk): I swear this is because Sharena is waifu.  I'm not really familiar with low-speed mages that take melee hits, but so far he's not bad.

Raigh (+Spd/-Def): That's competent, at least.

Caeda (+HP/-Res): That's not competent. ;/
Silvia (+Def/-Res): And neither is this.

And with that, I'm ready to disappoint myself in an hour and a half!

This just happened:

AasCSOW.jpg

+Hp -Res which is frankly quite good for her. 

For the record, the circle was 3 blues and 2 colorless so I lucked out by getting Altena first try.

Edit: I almost forgot, now I have the whole family (each in a different color).

6rL8G99.jpg

Edited by Alexmender

Alright, time to start with the new Genealogy banner. Only one ticket so far, aiming for reds since Larcei and Shannan have that Astra goodness like Ayra.

1. 4* Eirika: Nope.
  2. 3* Eliwood: Also nope.

And with the nice little bonus from IS I'm back up to 52 orbs for the New Year's banner.

1. 4* Stahl: No thanks.
  2. 4* Ares: Please stop showing up.
  3. 4* Selena: Reposition fodder.

Not too bad. 39 orbs left.

1. 3* Eliwood: Again?

That was silly. 34 orbs left.

1. 4* Olivia: Feathers.

And again. 29 orbs left.

1. 4* Wrys: Meh.

No reds that time around. 24 orbs left.

1. 5* NY!Anna: There we go! Merge obtained. +Def/-Spd is terrible, but that's irrelevant since my first copy was +Res/-Spd. Now to fix that flaw.

Now I'm finally done with this banner. It's treated me quite well: 2 Alfonses and 2 Annas, plus Hubert, Mordecai, Leif, and Adrift!Mamui as pitybreakers. Along with a free NY!Takumi it's been a good Heroes New Year. Now it's time to save orbs once more.

Ahhh!!!! These tickets are blessed? My first ticket got me my second Owain, -Spd +HP, and then my third got me -Spd +Def Sword Reinhardt, also my second copy.

i decided this banner was lucky and opted to spend a few orbs on it... 30 orbs or so after, I got my rate to around 3.25, so not high at ALL (I got like single red orb circles), and I got a -Def +HP Shannan!!!! I’m so happy, I hate color sharing but this worked in my favor 😄 I will gladly go back to saving!!