• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to see what the TMS banner has to offer me. I have no interest in the game or its characters, but for novelty's sake I'll take the first circle and see what I get. 48 orbs for the record.

1. 4* Wendy: Ugh.
  2. 4* Azama: Garbage.
  3. 5* Nah: Not a banner unit, but you're very welcome nonetheless! Unfortunately +HP/-Atk is quite lousy, but her real strength is in her defenses and skills.
  4. 4* Ross: Eh.
  5. 3* Barst: Great, Reposition for Nah.

That went well, if not exactly how I would have expected. I'll never turn down a cheap 5*, although I am kind of disappointed it was Nah and not a TMS unit. Anyway, good luck to those who are more invested in this banner than I am.

8fYdDSf.png?1

No, I'm not at all salty that I was able to get this chick (+Res/-Def by the way because of course) immediately but am still without Ced (or any of the other new FE4 kids for that matter). Why do you ask?

Anyways, I decided to do one full pull on the TMS banner and this was the result. Oh and fun fact, with this I would have literally every axe armor had I did the unthinkable and kept Surtr (just for the record, I gave Sturdy Stance 4 to Edelgard of all units because I kinda liked the idea of the flame king dying like a bitch for the benefit of the Flame Emperor). 

Oh and speaking of Surtr, that fuck is going to get all the blame if my miserable luck on the Genealogy banner (back up to 3.75% again) never dissipates. I'm still kinda pissed at Surtr in case you couldn't tell.

Pulled some blue, basically just wanted 1 copy of Tsubasa. Notable results were: Nailah (+Res/-Def), Perceval (+Def/-Spd), and Tsubasa (+Res/-HP).

Nailah’s probably fodder. I was already thinking of giving my spare to Flora, to be mean to Dazzling Staff. I’m leaning toward it a bit more now that I have another. I have no idea what to do with Perceval. I don’t actually know who he is, or even what game he comes from. I’ll have to look him up sometime. Tsubasa will probably get WoM+Galeforce, which is maybe overly high investment, given that I currently have no plans to pull another copy of her, ever.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, nice. Many pity breakers? 

3 from her initial banner, 3 pity breakers.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

What boon did you choose for her?

In AR/AA who does she need to evade? Do you have CC on her?

At this point, it’s probably easier if I just show you.

Spoiler

G79BKOF.jpg
Just imagine that she has +10 HP & Def in AR. I rather like the idea that she’ll have 55 Atk and 40/50 defenses (in AR) when she’s finished. Such pretty numbers. Leave it to me to focus on something weird like that.

For AR, melees, generally, unless they have DC and she’s the one attacking them. Bows kinda suck to deal with too, without Naga.

For AA, definitely Blues with DC, and probably Reds with DC, since I strongly doubt you’re planning on putting in that same level of investment. She’s great for the (Axe-toting) Hectors and Grimas of the world, though. Actually, for minimum-investment Flora, it would probably be best to just deploy her to deal with them.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Pulled some blue, basically just wanted 1 copy of Tsubasa. Notable results were: Nailah (+Res/-Def), Perceval (+Def/-Spd), and Tsubasa (+Res/-HP).

Congrats! Do you play her game currently?

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

That looks pretty strong! I still can't imagine how to use her in AR (she can't tank most of the treats), but I get the idea for AA. Hectors and green dragons (not named Sothis) are cheese in AA though, Perhaps I'll build her to eat Ninos. 

170 orbs got me SoV!Catria (on free pull!) and then I got Tsubasa and Mamori. I really want Kiria and Elie too, so I’m getting the orb pack with NY Lethe to give it another go. 

Actually looked up some TMS info on the wiki since I was a bit idle earlier. Boy, if Kiria was in civilian form I might've spent some orbs: how is it that the same person goes from best (not that there's much competition) to worst design by manner of transformation? 😛

Just the blues on the free round then. Only one. 4* Mathilda. Itching to summon, probably have near 600 orbs now waiting for some 8% announcements, whether they be Mythic/Legendary or Hero Fest.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Congrats again! Good luck getting some of the TMS units! Any favorites?

Thanks! Hmm... I really want them all to be honest, but I think Tsubasa is my favourite character out of them all. I also feel a certain bias towards Eleonora because she's stated to be "half Scandinavian" in the game, and having a character in the game potentially having family from my own home country is just a bit funny.

31 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Actually looked up some TMS info on the wiki since I was a bit idle earlier. Boy, if Kiria was in civilian form I might've spent some orbs: how is it that the same person goes from best (not that there's much competition) to worst design by manner of transformation? 😛

I always imagined that when these characters got into Heroes their default art would have them in the casual outfits and then they would transform for the attack arts. Thinking about it now I can see how that would be hard to implement on the small map sprites without making then Dragon units or something though, so I get why they did it this way. I still like Kiria's Carnage Form, but I will agree that her regular clothes look better on her.

Speaking of Kiria, I got her using the orbs from the Paralogues and Chain Challenges! +HP -Def, which isn't great (especially with Def being a -4), but at least it's not +Spd -Atk or something so I'm happy!

3,624 total pulled units, I need more barracks space.

Spoiler

Chrom (+Def/-HP): Itsuki's mirage kicks things off, and is just as painfully mediocre as Itsuki himself is against enemies that aren't weak to thunder/swords.
Seliph (neutral): Not the worst thing, but not what I'm looking for, either.
Oboro (+HP/-Def): Reversing Chrom's set isn't going to magically make it better.
Reinhardt (+HP/-Spd): I prefer more offense over bulk.
Arthur (+Atk/-Def): THERE WE GO!

Florina (neutral): She really wants +Atk.
Maria (+Atk/-Res): Nifty~!
Norne (+HP/-Def): Still waiting for a +Atk one.
Soren (+Atk/-Def): Near-perfect, but I already have one trained up.  I appreciate it!
Gunter (+Atk/-Def): Getting rid of the bane is easy enough.

Tiki (+Spd/-Def): Spd-blessed Tiki?  Nah.
Silvia (+Def/-HP): No.
Clair (+HP/-Def): I feel a sense of deja vu.
Corrin (+Res/-Atk): NO.
Azama (+Res/-Spd): I kinda prefer -Atk.

Nowi (+HP/-Def): I think this is the third one.
Tsubasa (+Atk/-Spd): 35/37 at base basically makes her +Spd Cordelia, but with more bulk and a far superior weapon.  Very tempting to give her Galeforce for shenanigans.
Legault (+Def/-Res): Tsubasa doesn't mind Atk Tactic!
Matthew (+HP/-Atk): NO.
Beruka (+Atk/-Res): And we end with perfection.

That's a surprising number of competent units.  Kinda torn between giving Tsubasa Swift Sparrow or Heavy Blade (leaning towards Swift Sparrow).

I'm a bit scared today. Yolo'd a little on the new banner. After free pull, 5 orbs yesterday and 9 orbs today I got this:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200121-204323.png

+ATK/-DEF. Not too useful for me, but new. 

Now the scary part, 15 more orbs:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200121-204449.png

+SPD/-HP

Really a cool unit, since I didn't have a good firesweep bow user before. 🙂

I really hope I'll have some luck left for Alm in February and Celica in April. 

Chill banner time. Remarkably I already have everyone on it, and with Sue sitting at a comfortable +2 it's a choice between trying for Kliff or Hubert. I'll go with the latter.

1. 4* Selena: Reposition fodder is good too.

I feel bad about leaving three blues behind, but I need to stockpile orbs.

JIbDFHN.png?1

Oh, so I guess my luck really is only complete shit on the Genealogy banner (4% and still not a single focus unit, but it at least just gave me a +Atk Ross).

Hubie's IVs aren't great (+Def/-Spd gee that Tokyo loli I just got would've loved that), but he was free so I won't complain. Also, I'm sure the Edelgard I now have had nothing to do with him now suddenly being eager to join unlike back in August.

-Atk Sue! First one, so I’m okay. Still saving for hopefully Lif, at 200+ right now! I decided to do a full 20 orb circle after my free pull for some much needed fodder, and I’m happy I did 🙂 

i also got my last Sothe for +10, but idk if I wanna keep my +Atk or go for +Spd