3,996 total pulled units.  Which I am going to royally screw up.

Spoiler

Tethys (+Def/-HP): Uh, thanks for the fodder?
Echinda (+Res/-Atk): Thanks for the fodder again?
Ares (+HP/-Spd): I think there's an echo in the room.
Fir (+Spd/-Res): Not horrible, but not what I want out of her.
Palla (+Spd/-Def): See Fir.  But unlike Fir, I always need her as fodder!

Kagero (+Def/-Atk): Ouch.

Thea (+Res/-Def): Still use her as fodder.
Serra (+Atk/-Def): I'm unusually fond of her staff.
Felicia (+Def/-Spd): Nope.
Gaius (+Spd/-HP): With his new refine, this isn't quite as disastrous.
Lucius (+Res/-HP): Hey, best staff in the game!  Well, for me.

Laslow (+Def/-HP): I wish he was better fodder.
Ross (+Atk/-Spd): PERFECT!
Camilla (+Spd/-Res): I kinda like her better with +Atk, but this is workable.
Veronica (+Def/-HP): This is, uh unexpected.  But definitely welcome, because she'll erase my -Atk one!
Mae (+Atk/-Def): She's competent.

Tharja (+Def/-Res): She's not competent.
Ike (+Atk/-Spd): IMO this is amazing.  He's already stupidly fast, and more offense is great.
Mamori (+Spd/-Res): Merge time!  Need to figure out if I want a defensive +Spd, or super-bulky +Res.
Virion (+Spd/-Def): Oh Virion, I already have you as perfect as I want~!
Ross (+Def/-Atk): This one is not perfect.  Not even close.

Lon'qu (+Res/-Spd): No.
Olivia (+HP/-Def): Also no.
Eliwood (+Res/-Def): Hey, three straight disappointing swordies.
Felicia (+Def/-Res): Still no.
Rebecca (+Res/-Atk): Well, she's on another tier.  Of awful, that is.

Effie (+Res/-Spd): Not horrible, but I'd rather have +Atk.

Lissa (+Def/-HP): You were already a part of a Three Heroes quest. ;/

I got a banner unit, and some nice goodies to boot.  Happy~!

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Siegbert get himself another merge from the New Power banner?

1. 3* Roy: Nope.

And back to Dark Burdens with 23 orbs.

1. 3* Rath: At least he's +Atk/-Res, which is finally an asset worth having.

Once again no reds. I'll try again with 18 orbs.

1. 4* Fir: Meh.
  2. 3* Eliwood: Feathers.

So, New Power. Seigbert or Wendy merge?

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Green

5* Bravica (Why not option 3: Better! +Spd/-Res, I think I have neutral, I'll have to check. This is perfect.)

Back to the fallen.

2 each Red, Blue, 1 Green (Why so few green?)

4* Libra (Could be worse. +Res/-Def, could be better.), 4* Fir (Ugh. +Spd/-Def), 3* Ogma (Oh. +Res/-Spd), 3* M!Robin (Do 3* units even matter? +Res/-HP), 4* Cordelia (No FEH Pass, this is not tempting me. +Def/-Spd)

4.25%

25/40 summons in, and I got Fallen Ike. Still thinking about whether I'll go the full 40, and who to nab as a free unit.

I had a weird moment this morning when I pulled my second Exalted Chrom (I think it was at 3% too, because my previous pull on the Archanea banner was Fallen Mareeta), and then next session a second young Marth came along. This one's +def -HP, and the -HP should make it easier to trigger vantage, this is fine. Young Marth's speed and attack are already pretty high at neutral, so as long as it's not a bane that hurts atk or spd it's fine.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen @Landmaster @Alexmender @daisy jane

Well... I did this on the 10th, but I didn't get around to posting... so here it is. After a lot of waiting and discipline, I was prepared to spend all my tickets/free summons across 3 banners. Picnic, Fallen Heroes and the weekly revival. With 94 orbs in hand and 26 in my mailbox, I was approaching my lifetime record of 130 so I felt good about pulling Special Fighter fodder and getting at least one of the Fallen Heroes.

Weekly revival didn't give me anything but I didn't spend any orbs so we're good there. Moved on to picnic and early on she appeared.

Spoiler

STYn1Bf.png

Yeah no, not Felicia. So here are the problems I have with this pull... 1, Yes I've never pulled a Julia before and I've always tried a bit whenever she showed up. However I didn't want her on this banner, Special Fighter fodder is some of the very best you can get for armors so her pitybreaking me here hurts. 2. She's +DEF/-SPD, the second worst nature imaginable. Her weapon removes adaptive damage from dragons so the extra def has literally no value. There would have been quite a few scenarios I would have been happy to see her even as a pitybreaker, this was not one of them.

So after a long strong of nothing, I got down to my 6th ticket and I think my orbs were around 60ish and-

Spoiler

apogDHl.png

Reds were a lower priority but I was pulling quite a few of them too, hoping to be rewarded with a Flora. Instead... this appeared. This guy won't leave me alone... I've pulled him twice on focus and twice off focus. I already have a +ATK copy, he has no fodder value and even if I was interested in merging him he's been utterly powercreeped by both Keaton and Altina the latter of whom I have already. Considering everything good in the *5 pool I scraped really close to the bottom of the barrel here.

Eldigan, Leif, Seigbert, Alm, Sigurd, Leo, SM!Eirika and of course Luke. Those are the only other bad pitybreakers in a pool of 57 reds. And even then, I don't have some of them so there's value there.

So the tickets ran out and... needless to say I was underwhelmed. So I moved onto the Fallen Banner and let's cut to the chase. I went down to 20ish orbs and used all the tickets and nothing. I'd already gone over budget at this point but I figured what the heck with my last 20 so I went in one final time and-

Spoiler

6o6Pigk.png

Nope, no light at the end of this tunnel. She's +RES and I already have 2 of her and one is +DEF. Here's the thing. I like Myrrh. I wanted her when I first got her, but I don't use her anymore, she lacks the fodder she needs (DC doesn't grow on trees) and she's been somewhat invalidated by other units of late. So unfortunately, Fallen Lyon aside, she was one of the worst green pitybreakers I could personally get. In fact, she's the 4th worst one possible for me. Beaten only by Sonya, Lugh and Rhajat.

All 120 of my orbs + 20 free pulls = 225 orbs of pull value in all for 3 underwhelming pitybreakers. No fallen units, no Special Fighter. For what I got I could have saved my 120 orbs. Left feeling pretty hollow. I wish I could say the consolation was Ross merges for all the green stones I pulled from but I only pulled one of him (pulled 3/4x Barst/Nino/Cecillia plus a couple of Libras, of course right?).

I'm now 157/120 on my May budget so no more pulling. Realistically I'm 18/40 on the fallen banner, I could spend 84 of the 300ish orbs we'll get between now and the next new heroes banner and grab Fallen Ike but I'd be going grossly over budget and throwing myself into a hole for next month. It's simply not worth it. I spent what I was going to spend.

It's sad that this was the reward for my discipline but all it really means is that there's much more saving to be done. It might be rough letting all the rest of this month's banners pass me by but by June I'll have more orbs than I've ever had before.

Wish me luck.

@Zeo RIP. Gacha is a fickle mistress, sometimes she gives you everything you wish for no cost and other times she watches you squirm on the ground begging for at least 1 good unit only to be greeted by the nth Raigh in a row. 

Still, I respect your level of self control. I should start doing it soon, after all the Halloween banners will come sooner than one would expect and I really need to get H!Myrrh to +10 once and for all (she's a little outdated but there's no way I'm leaving her at +5 forever). 

Oh yeah, I got a Leif on the New power banner. +Atk -Res which is the very same nature as my old copy. He has no fodder so merge it is.

Edited by Alexmender

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Zeo Gacha be like that. RIP. Is there something you're expecting for June, or do you just try to hold a certain amount of orbs per month?

Every New Heroes banner is one step closer to Edward who will very likely be a *5 exclusive +10 project for me when he shows up. Even better if he's the *4 unit. On top of that, I've been trying to +10 Lyn for the longest and I'm at +4 and.... I might want NY!Alfonse merges as well. So I kind of have long term goals. Plus Times Pulse fodder is something I also want so... spending orbs on frivolities is just something I want to stop doing. I technically did it here, but there were so many free pulls there was justification.

We get around 280-340 orbs per month. If I can limit myself to a 120 orb budget I can still pocket a large amount of orbs while not necessarily missing out on pulling. I would have been in a good spot but those 15 tickets from the picnic banner was a special incident. I miss out on banners for the rest of this month but having around 200 to 300 when the next New Heroes banner is a fair tradeoff I think.

Plus... as a growing adult I think it's just a good thing to learn more self control and discipline as you get older. Impulse spending isn't something you need in your life.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

@Zeo RIP. Gacha is a fickle mistress, sometimes she gives you everything you wish for no cost and other times she watches you squirm on the ground begging for at least 1 good unit only to be greeted by the nth Raigh in a row. 

Still, I respect your level of self control. I should start doing it soon, after all the Halloween banners will come sooner than one would expect and I really need to get H!Myrrh to +10 once and for all (she's a little outdated but there's no way I'm leaving her at +5 forever). 

Oh yeah, I got a Leif on the New power banner. +Atk -Res which is the very same nature as my old copy. He has no fodder so merge it is.

H!Myrrh is one of the lesser powercreeped units as far as I'm concerned. I think she'd make a great +10. Wishing you the best as well. I never did pull Witch Mia myself, but between pulling Hot Springs Sakura for the flying healer niche and pulling 2 Silques thereby getting the fodder I needed. She's pretty superfluous at this point.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Every New Heroes banner is one step closer to Edward who will very likely be a *5 exclusive +10 project for me when he shows up. Even better if he's the *4 unit. On top of that, I've been trying to +10 Lyn for the longest and I'm at +4 and.... I might want NY!Alfonse merges as well. So I kind of have long term goals. Plus Times Pulse fodder is something I also want so... spending orbs on frivolities is just something I want to stop doing. I technically did it here, but there were so many free pulls there was justification.

We get around 280-340 orbs per month. If I can limit myself to a 120 orb budget I can still pocket a large amount of orbs while not necessarily missing out on pulling. I would have been in a good spot but those 15 tickets from the picnic banner was a special incident. I miss out on banners for the rest of this month but having around 200 to 300 when the next New Heroes banner is a fair tradeoff I think.

Plus... as a growing adult I think it's just a good thing to learn more self control and discipline as you get older. Impulse spending isn't something you need in your life.

Fair enough points. Somewhere around 1500 orbs should be safe for a +10 Edward, and less if it's a Forging Bonds banner and has sparking on it. Good luck.

Oh boy...

I did a lot of summoning and the highest I've gotten is 2 x Lyon +Def/-Res one being a manual now, 2 x Fallen Corrin M, one free summon the other a pathetic -Atk/+Res and Genny in 10 orbs +HP/-Spd.  I was pretty right about not getting M Corrin until after the 40 summons, which is going to be my new summoning limit for new heroes banners I think.

I decide to buy some more orbs and try for more Fallen Ikes, and my first pull here is...a +Atk Lene. lol I didn't have a pity rate or anything either, it was at 3%. I already had Lene, but not one with this nice boon! Neato. Now she's +2. But seriously game, can you give me at least one more Fallen Ike merge before his banner's done? lol

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen @Landmaster @Alexmender @daisy jane

Well... I did this on the 10th, but I didn't get around to posting... so here it is. After a lot of waiting and discipline, I was prepared to spend all my tickets/free summons across 3 banners. Picnic, Fallen Heroes and the weekly revival. With 94 orbs in hand and 26 in my mailbox, I was approaching my lifetime record of 130 so I felt good about pulling Special Fighter fodder and getting at least one of the Fallen Heroes.

Weekly revival didn't give me anything but I didn't spend any orbs so we're good there. Moved on to picnic and early on she appeared.

Hide contents

STYn1Bf.png

Yeah no, not Felicia. So here are the problems I have with this pull... 1, Yes I've never pulled a Julia before and I've always tried a bit whenever she showed up. However I didn't want her on this banner, Special Fighter fodder is some of the very best you can get for armors so her pitybreaking me here hurts. 2. She's +DEF/-SPD, the second worst nature imaginable. Her weapon removes adaptive damage from dragons so the extra def has literally no value. There would have been quite a few scenarios I would have been happy to see her even as a pitybreaker, this was not one of them.

So after a long strong of nothing, I got down to my 6th ticket and I think my orbs were around 60ish and-

Hide contents

apogDHl.png

Reds were a lower priority but I was pulling quite a few of them too, hoping to be rewarded with a Flora. Instead... this appeared. This guy won't leave me alone... I've pulled him twice on focus and twice off focus. I already have a +ATK copy, he has no fodder value and even if I was interested in merging him he's been utterly powercreeped by both Keaton and Altina the latter of whom I have already. Considering everything good in the *5 pool I scraped really close to the bottom of the barrel here.

Eldigan, Leif, Seigbert, Alm, Sigurd, Leo, SM!Eirika and of course Luke. Those are the only other bad pitybreakers in a pool of 57 reds. And even then, I don't have some of them so there's value there.

So the tickets ran out and... needless to say I was underwhelmed. So I moved onto the Fallen Banner and let's cut to the chase. I went down to 20ish orbs and used all the tickets and nothing. I'd already gone over budget at this point but I figured what the heck with my last 20 so I went in one final time and-

Hide contents

6o6Pigk.png

Nope, no light at the end of this tunnel. She's +RES and I already have 2 of her and one is +DEF. Here's the thing. I like Myrrh. I wanted her when I first got her, but I don't use her anymore, she lacks the fodder she needs (DC doesn't grow on trees) and she's been somewhat invalidated by other units of late. So unfortunately, Fallen Lyon aside, she was one of the worst green pitybreakers I could personally get. In fact, she's the 4th worst one possible for me. Beaten only by Sonya, Lugh and Rhajat.

All 120 of my orbs + 20 free pulls = 225 orbs of pull value in all for 3 underwhelming pitybreakers. No fallen units, no Special Fighter. For what I got I could have saved my 120 orbs. Left feeling pretty hollow. I wish I could say the consolation was Ross merges for all the green stones I pulled from but I only pulled one of him (pulled 3/4x Barst/Nino/Cecillia plus a couple of Libras, of course right?).

I'm now 157/120 on my May budget so no more pulling. Realistically I'm 18/40 on the fallen banner, I could spend 84 of the 300ish orbs we'll get between now and the next new heroes banner and grab Fallen Ike but I'd be going grossly over budget and throwing myself into a hole for next month. It's simply not worth it. I spent what I was going to spend.

It's sad that this was the reward for my discipline but all it really means is that there's much more saving to be done. It might be rough letting all the rest of this month's banners pass me by but by June I'll have more orbs than I've ever had before.

Wish me luck.

Sorry you didn't get the best luck~ Personally never seen -Spd as bad on Julia since she's slow as dirt. My Julia is -Spd and I just threw QR on her and she works like a charm in AA~ But hope you can get back to saving and get your next targets!

I've now pulled a Lysithea on both the picnic banner and the Dark Burdens banner. What the heck, man. 😕

I mean, it's nice to have gotten rid of the first Lysithea's -Spd, but this is still whack. And that's on top of this now being my fourth straight off-focus red 5 star on Dark Burdens after getting four Ikes and two Julias consecutively.

Edited by Anacybele

Fallen Ike- +spd/-res 

fallen Lyon- +res/-def 

I’m happy I’m able to continue my journey to collect all the Ike units. I have all except FEH Pass. Too expensive for me lol. And I’m surprised I got them both on the same summon. I used my free summon and got ike and then summoned Lyon. I’m usually not this lucky 

I've only got 17 orbs on hand, but I'm feeling the urge to pull. So back to Dark Burdens it is.

1. 3* Seliph: Ugh.
  2. 4* Eirika: Nope.

Guess I'll have to come back later. This banner is already giving me anxiety even though there's still two weeks left on it.

@Zeo Awww, sorry to hear gacha not playing too nice. I had that same Julia at first, but you never know, sometimes that weird boon will let her live a surprise bow attack or something. I just slap QR on her anyway for faster mages.

Shame about the powercreep units, but hey as long as they can still do the job, Reinhardt's extra move is still quite useful when you really want to kill a mage ASAP (he's my go to against Bramimond). Myrrh's Def check suffers a bit nowadays but her Res-based attacks + QR are still good for things like Berkut's Lance armours. Oh and even without DC, tanking Ishtar/Tailtiu and preventing their doubles are always satisfying

Hope you get better luck on the next banner you commit to!

After all those pitybreakers and Julias.

s4UmnXn.jpg

YAY! He finally showed again! ❤️ +4 Fallen Ike! But now I'm going to stop until after the new bride banner is revealed. I'm quite unsure that I'll be interested in any of the units on that one, but you never know.

Edited by Anacybele

I went for one final summoning session on the anniversary banner, just to try and get SOMETHING. Didn't care if it was Young Marth, Caeda, Merric, or the Whitewings. After a mere 15 orbs, I summoned a 4☆ Young Marth with +Spd. I'm satisfied with that, so, now it's back to saving orbs.

I am on 22 summons and at 3.75. Nothing of interest except that Ike at the beginning of the banner. However, with the BHB and all these events I can hopefully pull something and with Bridal most likely being skip even more orbs to go to 40 faster. 

Did 35 summons on Latest banner cuz why not. Got another celica and Alm on the first try. Got 7 Wrys, 4 Stahls and 5 Sorens. Which is good my Soren is +5 lol. Got a bunch of other useless 3 stars. Then on the last summon I got Ayra.

Well, I finally got one of the new Fallen Heroes! And I'm 21 summons into the 40 to get a free one. Hope I can get one in time! The one I got was Fallen Lyon. I already have a +9 anti-colorless green tome user (Boey) but I'm quite happy with this pull all the same. Now, to find out if this Lyon gets to be my base or not. He's +HP. Is that any good, or should I hold out for a better boon since he's in the regular pool? (i.e., I had a Fallen Berkut I levelled to 40, and then later got a +def one I may build instead.)