• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had around 500 orbs saved for Wolt banner.

At first there were only spooks.  First Adrift Camilla, then Lilina (+Atk though, yay), then reached like 5% focus rate and got spooked by Sonya, then Ursula.

But eventually

Spoiler

qIVKF59.png4lpBzhu.pnghTiMEQD.png

Those were the last three copies I needed to +10.  Yippee.

Off-focus unit luck continues. 10/40 summons in, and I got an Ophelia. 30 more til I get a free Duo Ephraim (I'd want two--one to keep, and one for fodder).

So on the one hand, really good luck (rate was only 3.25%):

Spoiler

Agp1wBs.jpg?1

On the other hand:

Spoiler

A1kHkVs.jpg?1kSmPVqy.jpg?1

How and why.

Meme-tier IVs aside, that now only leaves Ingrid. And speaking of which, I just got a different blonde lancer no, it wasn't her house leader but it was close enough to him in my attempts to snipe for Ingrid:

Spoiler

l51dFQK.jpg?2

Hey look, it's the only character from that last FE6 banner that I remotely care about. Oh and of course, the good IVs went to him instead (+Spd/-Res).

Overall, a very nice non-Ingrid snag as he'll easily be my strongest blue FE6 unit (I only had Shanna and Brunnya as 5*s previously, and I've barely invested anything into either of them).

Summoned enough DM!Ephraims to get him to +6 (to get that third Atk point), but none of them are +Atk. Got +Res and +Spd, and I think I will go with +Res to give him more magic bulk when dealing with dragons. Also got a bunch pity breakers, and not all are great. Gerik pity broke me thrice, although I guess I now have some Firesweep Axe fodder now if I want to use it. 

I could take DM!Ephraim to +8, but I want to save the guaranteed copy for guides incase they ever make guides for dolphins, and I need the other copy for FE!Edelgard.

YOLO pulls still net me the best kind of stuff:

y9FuDpx.jpg

+Atk -Def, it's not the superboon but who cares when their base Spd is the highest in the game to begin with. Guess I'll give them Windsweep to have impunity against physical foes and use the Desperation effect against magic users and dragons.

FINALLY. Got summer Joshua. I can stop pulling on this banner, even if I didn't get a better-natured summer Lute.

+def -HP is fine. No issues with it.

I yolo'ed my wallet and summoned enough Desert Mercenaries Ephraim to get him to +10. +Atk did not show up until the second to last copy. I also got a bunch of pity breakers and refilled some of my Desperation and Reposition fodder.

31 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@AnacybeleI cashed in my play points for orbs. 46 orbs got me all 4 Sylvain i needed! I got 3 back-to-back and the last copy was 5*! I just need 60k feathers now...

Awesome! You got luckier getting those than I did. My Sylvains came in kinda slow for some reason.

Speaking of wanted pulls, I was getting closer to the 40 summons needed for the free 5 star on the Desert Mercenaries banner and I got Ewan! +Res, -Def. Not too shabby. I was pulling red and green because I already have duo Ephraim and a good Tethys. I never got Gerik or Ewan. Now I'll use the free 5 star summon on Gerik. I did pull blue a couple times where neither red nor green showed up though. I wouldn't mind merging duo Ephraim at all, though I'm not in any hurry to do so. I kinda prefer his other versions. Legendary Ephraim and Christmas Ephraim just look cooler to me. And OG Ephraim is just classic.

Edited by Anacybele

Moonbow banner time, one each of RGB. Lysithea seems the best unit of the lot, so I guess I'll go red.

5* Evil Mareeta +HP -Spd

Huh, that's nice I guess? Not a unit I'm interested in, and the bane is horrible, but I'll keep her around for a future merge I guess.

Feeling lucky, I decided to open the Blue as well.

5* OG Azura +Res -Def

Huh. One of the increasingly few launch units I didn't have - might just be Ryoma and Leo now I think? I doubt I'll ever use her, but I won't look the gift horse in the mouth. Figured I may as well go for the hat-trick and opened the green, but alas it was just a 4* Titania. Still, solid return for 8 orbs even if it's for units I won't use (yet).

P.S The fact that both are off-focus is oddly comforting in that it sorta vindicates my decision to not go hard on the summer banner. Still holding onto my orbs in a Duo Ephraim vs New Hero spark-off for now, but I think I'm leaning towards the latter because every time I see the art for the Duo I become increasingly dissatisfied with it. That, and I dislike Lyon in general, screw that loser.

Edited by Humanoid

Spy Tsubasa banner with a chance of fixing Lysithea's -Atk when there's no blue orbs...welp, here's where the rest of my TT+ and quest orbs will be sacrificed.

Free pull was a 3* Mordecai, it could be worse so I'll take it as a sign to go ahead.

This Moonbow banner's kind of amazing. Gerik is the bum note on it. Gerik! Screw it, I might get Lysithea.

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Colourless

3* Olivia (No real need for more. +Atk/-Res), 4* Lilina (You're not Lysithea. +HP/-Atk), 4* Ogma (Chances were slim, call me out. +Spd/-HP)

Shouldn't be surprised really.

Ooh, Lysithea. Maybe some free Lull Spd/Res for Sylvain?

GVTF3nL.jpg

Oh my god I actually DID get her! HELL YEAH!

She is +Atk, but I don't care, I want to feed her to Sylvain. I'm fine with the Lysithea I already have.

Screw it, I'm sparking for Duo Ephraim. Starting with Blue + Green until I get a second Gerik to fix the +Atk on my original one, then probably Blue only.

3* Effie

4* Thea
3* Jagen
3* Cecilia

4* Gwendolyn
4* Clair
4* Frederick

3* Echidna
4* Raven
4* Raven

4* Silas
4* Cecilia

5* Gerik +HP -Atk
4* Cherche
(three greys so not worth finishing out the circle)

Exact same nature as the Gerik I pulled earlier this banner, huh. Switching to blue only.

3* Donnel
3* Donnel
4* Mordecai

3* Beruka

3* M Robin
3* Shigure

3* Mathilda

4* Odin

--- Communications Error ---

4* Sully

4* Arthur

3* Merric

5* Duo Ephraim Neutral
3* Titania
4* M Morgan
3* Eirika
4* Sothe

4* Clair - that's the 40th summon done
4* Abel
4* Titania

Spark - 5* Duo Ephraim Neutral

And so ends my very first sparking adventure. This banner yielded me two +HP -Atk Geriks, and two Neutral Duo Ephraims which is kinda weird, but a good outcome for the orbs I spent. Probably comes to about 40 orbs per 5-star? Definitely liking this mechanic. Also a hugely pleasant surprise to end up with a +1 Duo when I had no real expectation of it, and zero pitybreakers. Neutral is probably the next best nature to +Atk too I imagine, so not much room to complain there either.

I'm left with 31 orbs but as this month's Mythic banner looks pretty flat and the following banner will be non-sparkable, I don't expect my next major orb expenditure to be until CYL4. Even then I'll probably just go for the minimum spend of opening all orbs and bailing once I hit the spark. Only potential wrench is if there's a really good double seasonal banner, but I don't really know who's due.

Edited by Humanoid

I got Byleth and rhea but sadly minu attack ivs

Edit: Update I got a merge to fix the minus attack and now have a plus speed byleth and also got a Doretha. But sadly she is minus attack.

Edited by vikingsfan92

I randomly got a free male Byleth and free Sylvain, but I might give up on trying to get Ingrid...I don't want to use all my orbs on her, since I want to pull on the next banner. 

Scraped together 5 orbs, let's see if I can delete that -Atk off +Spd duo Byleth. And while sitting by a pool no less.

bqeKPrW.jpg

Holy shit, YES! XD This one is +Atk, but definitely keeping +Spd. Now only Dorothea needs help...eventually.

Edited by Anacybele

Sure why the hell not, I do kinda want Byleth's Desperation duo effect, I'll try to get her. I thought that a few days ago. Tonight I decided to dip some money into getting her, because I just don't think I'll care enough about the coming New Hero banners (barring CYL, I might be interested in that), so any extra plans I had to spend on this game are now done.

I don't really have the precise order of summoning, but I got...

• Lene (I've decided I don't put Safeguard+ on enough units to justify keeping so many books of her, she is now +8 counting this merge. Welcome to the so-close-to-+10 club, girl.)
  • Summer Dorothea (+Def -HP. For offensive purposes, may as well be neutral. For defensive, this should help put her in Escape Route range if I ever wanna utilize that instead of WoM)
  • Tibarn (book)
  • Lethe (merge, she is now +6)
  • Two Summer Ingrids (one +Def -Spd that I kept, the other +Res -Atk that I booked. I'm still debating what I wanna do with Ingrid, if I wanna merge or give Alert Stance to someone, since I don't really have plans to use her over any of the other Blues I like using)
  • Owain (good thing I was thinking about Blue Flame lately, least if I had to be pity broken by someone I +10ed already it was someone with good fodder)
  • Hilda (+Spd -Def, impressive.)
  • And lastly, Summer Byleth who I was aiming for... +Spd -HP... welp, I would have been perfectly fine with +Def -Spd or something since I really just wanted the Desperation effect, but this is fine too. Good thing I still have an Alm book lying around...

Also worth mentioning, I dipped some during Amelia's weekly revival to get the last 2 copies of her I needed to +10 her. That... aside from being a slight cash drain, it really wasn't that exciting compared to summoning from Overseas Memories...

Edited by Xenomata