Well, I did my best but...no Ingrid. Oh well... I got 1 copy of Sylvain from that banner (4*), so not so great with the pulls, but that's okay. They'll come around again some other day.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Leif + Nanna.

I'd take either for merging.

2 each Blue, Colourless, 1 Red

4* Palla (Goad Fliers is always an option. +Atk/-HP)

Back to pirates.

2 Red, 1 each Blue, Green, Colourless

4* Camilla (I can't help but say that this is not the Nohrian I wanted to see. +Def/-Spd), 4* Olivia (Another dancer. wonderful. +Atk/-HP), 4* M!Morgan (Well that's not very orbs money of IS. +Res/-Atk)

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I guess you missed the news that you will soon be getting a bunch of focus units including two Duo Ephraims and a Nagi your inbox for free. 😉

It seems so... whoops.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend sending 5* units for Feathers. 1,000 Feathers is nothing. The average player can get 20,000+ Feathers per week. 1,000 Feathers is not even enough to promote a 3* to 4* for skill inheritance.

I would keep Ephraim. He is a pretty good Galeforcer as Siegmund and Flame Siegmund both give him guaranteed doubles. It is always a good idea to have a variety of units, especially more so now with Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles locking you into specific games.

Honestly it's the first time I've ever done it.

The first time I sent a 5* home was not even an unit, but a combat manual (summer Leo).

First Ephraim is an unit who's extremely hard to be summoned (needed three years to pull him yesterday) and second he needs tons of investment to become competitve to other foot lance users since he has no usable skills at all. 

As far as I know he doesn't even have a refine yet.

Wait are you talking about DuoEphraim?

I meant regular Ephraim who I have sent home.

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Honestly it's the first time I've ever done it.

The first time I sent a 5* home was not even an unit, but a combat manual (summer Leo).

First Ephraim is an unit who's extremely hard to be summoned (needed three years to pull him yesterday) and second he needs tons of investment to become competitve to other foot lance users since he has no usable skills at all. 

As far as I know he doesn't even have a refine yet.

Wait are you talking about DuoEphraim?

I meant regular Ephraim who I have sent home.

I am talking about regular Ephraim. Regular Ephraim does have a Refine, and he has access to TWO different exclusive Weapons, and both are very good. Siegmund offers guaranteed doubles on Player Phase with an HP minimum requirement, while Flame Siegmund offers guaranteed doubles on both phases with a positioning requirement. Neither requirements are particularly difficult to achieve when used in a properly built team. In my opinion, he is extremely competitive with other lance infantry as he has guaranteed doubles, which no other lance infantry outside of Desert Mercenaries Ephraim has.

It is always a bad idea to send 5* units and Combat Manuals home in my opinion. The Feathers you gain out of it is not worth it as the average player is going to get 20,000+ Feathers every single week. Sending a unit home for 1,000 Feathers is not going to significantly increase a player's Feather income and the player would be missing out on merges or fodderable skills.

Competitiveness also is not always about raw combat performance. Competitiveness also includes Sacred Seal distribution/management, having a balanced roster for each game as well as for the entire Barracks, and planning/building team compositions. Eliwood and BH!Roy are not top tier because of their combat performance, as their raw combat performance is about average at best, and Siegbert blows them both out the water in raw combat performance despite not being considered top tier. Eliwood and BH!Roy are top tier because they have access to Heavy Blade on their Weapon which frees up Heavy Blade Sacred Seal for other Galeforcers, which makes planning and building for team compositions in Aether Raids a lot easier. Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles also force players to have a wide variety of units for each game, so it is crucial to keep at least one of each unit for games with smaller rosters like Sacred Stones and Thracia.

Daily: 4* Catria ...haah, good one game, you almost had me going there. It would probably have been smarter to open one of the four reds but whatever.

Weekly: 5* Deirdre +Def -Res. I had the other units so green was the default pick. Awful nature but let's be honest - I was never going to seriously use an unmerged Gen 1 mage anyway even if she had a perfect nature. There was another green, but as I have 4 orbs total, that would have been dumb.

While my paltry amount of saved orbs ended up being a bust, the TT orbs delivered yet again:

Spoiler

LGGKcPx.jpg?1

IVs: +Spd/-Atk

Unfortunately, the -Atk streak from the TH summer banner has bled over into this one. Oh well. 

Oh yeah, and another incidental 4* Lena to drive home the point that spending orbs to get her on her original banner was a mistake in every way. 

Meanwhile today, I was finally able to get Geese for the collection:

Spoiler

MqC2OTB.jpg

...and get him twice in a row, no less. While the first one is the now typical -Atk, the second got +Atk/-HP.

However, my pity rate is now back up to 3.50% but I think I'll just sit on that for now. I'll wait and see how CYL4 shakes out first before I potentially return to this banner and try for Brigid (or just another Tibarn).

Well. I did break my pity rate on the rouse banner, but I got a regular Tana. I already have a good one that I'm using.

At least guidance is good.

Another lousy daily BHB banner. Might as well go red.

1. 3* Morgan: You're being manualled pending your sister getting another merge.

Now for Weekly Revival 2. I'll see if I can get Linde another merge.

1. 4* Shigure: Nope.

I guess no free 5* today.

A five star Altena.  So fodder it is.

Brash Assault is truely an amazing 5* exclusive skill to fodder off.

Seriously making 1000 feathers is more worth it since each 4* Bartre has it.

BTW it's the first time I've ever heared someone sacrificing an unit for brash assault.

21 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Brash Assault is truely an amazing 5* exclusive skill to fodder off.

BTW it's the first time I've ever heared someone sacrificing an unit for brash assault.

She has a certain A skill that I don't see in the regular summoning pool at 3-4 stars, so you might want to look that up.

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

She has a certain A skill that I don't see in the regular summoning pool at 3-4 stars, so you might want to look that up.

Sturdy Stance 2? She has that as a 4* where granted, it's kind of dumb they chose not to have her demote to 3* and 4* like the others considering demote units are immediately going to become 3* and 4* after their debut banner, so the developers don't have look at all units who are 4* and 5* summonable and have to demote them at some time later, but whatever.

28 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It's already available at 4*, so no need to use the 5* copy.

Either use her (unless she has attack or defense flaw), or trade her into 1000 feathers.

Edit: Was too slow.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Weekly revival brings back three old units.

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Colourless

5* Linde (IT'S BEEN 3.5 YEARS. I'd rather have been pitybroken. +HP/-Def)

Meanwhile, this BHB has units that'd be merges to me.

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Colourless

4* Norne (Better. +HP/-Def, +7 Norne.)

#PiratesLife

2 each Green, Colourless, 1 Red

4* Hinata (Neat. +HP/-Spd), 4* Titania (More Echidnas please. +Res/-Spd), 4* Frederick (I'd rather the real royal servant. +Atk/-Res)

Pulled a red on the Marth/Caeda/Catria banner for the freebie and got this!

kp33tvd.jpg

She's +Atk too. Free Midori merge for best ninja's cute daughter! I'll definitely take that!

Though on the other hand, for god's sake game, this is the umpteenth off-focus red you've given me that isn't Fallen Ike... 😩 Just glad it's one I still like.

Edited by Anacybele

It took nearly two years after her release, but I finally got Brave Veronica (+HP/-Def). Right on time for her refine next month.

21 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

1,000 Feathers is not worth since it is not even enough to get a 3* to 4* for foddering skills. Building up a unit and having a well rounded roster is much more important in the long run than having a minuscule gain in Feathers in the short term.

Daily: 3* Mathilda

New Power: 5* Hinoka +Spd -Def

Now that's more like it, will take a duplicate Hinoka over a new Shiro any day. Been a long time between drinks for best Fates royal, and after holding onto a +Def and +HP one for the past three years or so ("in case" I needed extra Hone Fliers), I'm thinking I might just merge them all together out of favouritism. Maybe August isn't as cursed as I though it might be.

Today's BHB banner actually interests me with potential merges for Morgan. However, since I need to save orbs I'll just take any blues in the first circle. 85 orbs on hand.

1. 3* Oboro: Feathers.

And that was the only blue...Anyway, on to the New Power banner. Might as well try blue again.

1. 4* Mae: Meh.

So much for that.