Okay, well I ended up with all 3 of my bby's, so that's good, but now have a 4.75% pity rate I need to break and I'm out of orbs. Gah. 

Pulled L!Dimitri in one of the original 40 pulls (round 4) (+Atk/-Def), and then because I had maybe a total of 2 green orbs in ALL of the 40 pulls, chose L!Edelgard as my first spark pull. And then went to the free summon to choose Claude!

Now I need to break this unfortunate pity rate...hopefully I get a merge for one of the three...

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I'm not convinced the actual focus heroes are gonna appear to me via actual summoning in this banner, given I summoned Loki, Petra (who's new), and Forsyth in the first 45 summons. Petra and Forsyth need to swap their assets and flaws (+Res -Atk on Petra, +Spd -Def on Forsyth), while Loki is more or less wasted on me. I think I might actually not merge Forsyth in favor of giving Joint Hone Def to Groom Hinata, my next grail merge project.

But more importantly, why the hell did this game think I needed 3 Blue orbs in every summoning session I did?

Edited by Xenomata

Well, shit. I did not expect any of them to appear or any 5* unit to appear, but here I am with CYL Claude (+Atk, -Res), CYL Dimitri (+Res, -Spd), and CYL Edelgard (+HP, -Def).

CYL picks for F2P strategies being what they are, I have no idea who exactly is going to be used. The last thing I saw for Pheonixmaster1 was that CYL Dimitri was leading his poll, but there are other F2P guide makers. I figured CYL Claude would likely be the F2P pick with CYL Dimitri following, so my plan was to choose CYL Claude as my CYL4 free pick, hope for another copy for my own use outside F2P strategies, and for CYL Dimitri to be my 40 summons guaranteed 5* unit. I doubt anyone is going to pick CYL Edelgard for F2P guides, but I was considering summoning 80 times for her to be my second guaranteed 5* unit since she is a rather unique armor.

I got lucky with CYL2 and CYL3 where I was able to summon and get away with a non-neutral CYL Veronica and CYL Micaiah who was scarcely used compared to CYL Lyn and CYL Veronica, so I didn't have to use their free pick banner. +Atk, -Res CYL Claude is going to be for my own use outside of F2P strategies, so whatever on him. I probably will not be able to get away with +Res, -Spd on CYL Dimitri. Trait Fruits are a thing, but I'd rather not have to spend 200 of them to make CYL Dimitri neutral should I not pick him for the 40 summons guaranteed 5* unit and switch CYL Edelgard to +Atk, +Def, or +Res, -Spd.

Although I have not used the CYL4 free pick banner which I usually save just in case, I am locked in to having to pick someone if I want to summon again which I'm not sure if I want to since CYL Edelgard showed up even if her asset and flaw are not great. The collector in me says pick CYL Lysithea now or later if I do another 40 summons. Part of it is that recent free units are good and permanent unlike CYL unit whose free pick banners will expire and in my opinion recent CYL units not offering as much as CYL1 did with CYL Lyn and CYL2 did with CYL Veronica. So, other units could be used for F2P strategies. CYL Claude and CYL Dimitri from the free pick banner and as guaranteed 5* unit, respectively, and then CYL Lysithea as the second guaranteed 5* unit would be safe, but annoying since they would take up more barracks slots.

How troublesome. Maybe I should pick CYL Lysithea since CYL banners being special I tend to summon more and the recent 40 summons for a 5* pick where CYL4 can be repeated four times gives me even more incentive to summon from even though I would want to stop at 80 summons and not overdo it. The second one can be whoever is agreed upon as the F2P pick and the free pick I can hang onto just in case.

Edit: That's still a lot of orbs spent, though. 295 orbs with full summons. The Heir of Light banner and its Forging Bonds is being re-run next month and there are more Forging Bond banners to come. Legendary/Mythic banners have never felt great to me, so whatever on them even though I would like a legendary or mythic hero every now and again. We will get orbs to recoup what is spent, but still. That's a lot. I'd be under 250 orbs if I did this immediate. Not the an orb total that feels comfortable to me.

Edited by Kaden

Okay, got my free Golden Deer boy, let's throw a few orbs for Dimitri and hope he comes fairly quick at least. I want both these awesome boys.

*pulls both the blues that appear in the free pull session*

qNR2CPU.jpg

AAAAH! WHAT THE HECK. lol This was the second blue! If I'd picked that one first, I'd have gotten two freebies, but still, I didn't think he'd show up THIS fast. XD FUCK YES THOUGH! Got that +Def superasset too! -Res is the flaw which is fine with me.

I haven't even gotten any tickets yet. XD I just hope this isn't ruining any luck I could have on the legendary banner since I gotta finish Hrid and legendary Elincia is potentially coming. But this does kinda make up for how I went all the way to very nearly 6% before getting any 5 star on the pirate banner.

@Rezzy @Arcanite And anyone else that cares!

So, yeah CYL4. Not gonna lie, I'm on board with all four.

So anyways I start orb blasting.

3 Red, 2 Colourless (Golden Deer?)

4* Athena (moonbowow. +Res/-Spd), 4* Athena (Really? +Atk/-Spd), 4* Fir (Man, Book 1 myrms am I right? +Res/-HP), 3* Niles (Iceberg, better than I'd expect from Colourless.+Spd/-Def), 3* Leon (Bad first circle. +Spd/-Def)

3.25%

2 Red, 1 each Blue, Green, Colourless

4* Olivia (How many times.... +Def/-HP), 3* M!Corrin (No words. +Res/-HP), 3* Rebecca (Still would like more Tanyas, no +Atk yet. +Atk/-Spd), 4* Nino (Yeah no. +HP/-Spd), 3* Shigure (I've pulled worse. +Spd/-HP)

3.5%

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Green

4* Sophia (That's definitely not it. +Spd/-HP), 4* Henry (Mehry. +HP/-Atk), 4* Lachesis (When Master Knight alt? +Spd/-Atk), 3* Sakura (Once again, Sakunah. +HP/-Res), 4* Bartre (No. +Def/-HP)

3.75%

2 Blue, 1 each Red, Green, Colourless

3* Lilina (Lysithea's in game ancestor. +Def/-Res), 4* Lena (I mean, if she had better skills.... +Def/-Spd), 4* Arthur (Nahrthur. +HP/-Atk), 4* Cordelia (I have plenty of her. Stop. +HP/-Res), 4* Mathilda (It's another book 1 unit. +HP/-Res)

4%, Off to grind more. Depending on how many I get I'm either getting one spark or two.

~400 orbs used. Got Lysithea early (+HP -Res), sparked Dimitri and then Claude, fished for a good-natured Edelgard and luckily got one with +atk, then used my free pull on Edelgard and merged them. First time I've gotten all four braves in their launch banner, partially because of the spark system but mostly because I had over 600 orbs.

Along the way I also got Loki, Nagi (the only dupe), Fallen Lyon, and Hilda. And my Hilda is a hilarious +Def -Spd, the absolute worst nature possible for her considering her weapon buff for allies relies on her Def being low and she wants to stack Spd. I guess she's trying to convince me to let her slack off.

Spent 135 orbs doing full pulls to spark for Claude, got Brave Lysithea along the way as well! Also a duplicate Brave Camilla, with a much better nature than my old one, which will mean good fodder for someone. Maybe L'Arachel?

Got my first 4* Tania too, so I upgraded her. Back to being caught up on demotes!

Well, first ticket session i got nothing. But in the session I got from Dimitri's ticket...

xP616de.jpg

YES! He loves me!! And then there's a wild Ylgr, but I'm sure someone will want Spd Tactics or Sorcery Blade. I still have over 100 orbs I can farm up and 45 in my reserve. Between that, what I've got so far and the 40-summon, I can at least get Dimitri to +3/+4

@daisy jane

I'm not invested in any of these characters, so I'll just take full circles until the first spark. 211 orbs at the free pull.

1. 3* Roderick: Feathers.
  2. 4* Effie: More feathers.
  3. 4* Est: Even more feathers.
  4. 4* Priscilla: Ugh.
  5. 3* Lachesis: Worthless.

An awful first circle. Now for Ticket 1. 196 orbs left.

1. 4* Chrom: Meh.
  2. 3* Peri: No.
  3. 4* Valbar: Meh.
  4. 3* Rath: Meh.
  5. 4* Fae: Meh.

Another awful circle. Now for Ticket 2. 181 orbs left.

1. 3* Shigure: Eh.
  2. 5* Forsyth: You're not Dimitri, but welcome anyway! +Spd/-HP is bad, but it could be worse.
  3. 4* Roderick: No.
  4. 4* Barst: Reposition fodder.
  5. 4* Leon: Meh.

A pity breaker this early is acceptable. Now for Ticket 3. 166 orbs left.

1. 3* Seth: Bleh.
  2. 3* Shanna: Desperation fodder.
  3. 4* Florina: Haven't seen you in a while.
  4. 4* Cherche: Bleh.
  5. 4* Clarine: Feathers.

Halfway to the spark. Now for Ticket 4. 151 orbs left.

1. 4* Clair: No thanks.
  2. 3* Raven: Feathers.
  3. 4* Mustafa: Eh.
  4. 4* Kaze: Iceberg fodder.
  5. 4* Sothe: Eh.

No more free pulls. 136 orbs left.

1. 3* Laslow: Feathers.
  2. 3* Cain: Meh.
  3. 4* Thea: Meh.
  4. 4* Femui: Meh.
  5. 4* Maria: Meh.

Supremely disappointing. 116 orbs left.

1. 4* Lukas: Feathers.
  2. 5* Brave!Edelgard: Finally a focus unit! +Def/-HP is reasonable enough. At least she picked a good asset unlike Forsyth.
  3. 3* Nino: Eh.
  4. 4* Chad: Eh.
  5. 4* Legault: Eh.

One last circle. 96 orbs left.

1. 4* Peri: Go away.
  2. 3* Silas: Reposition fodder.
  3. 4* Python: Moonbow fodder.
  4. 4* Lachesis: Worthless.
  5. 3* Norne: Unfortunately you're not +Spd, so Reposition fodder.

A disappointing final circle, but now I can get a spark. I'm going to pick Claude mostly because bow flyers are rare, while I have plenty of red mages. And for completing the royal trio I'll get Dimitri as the freebie to keep my streak of picking blue in each CYL.

Spoiler

OFMk9Yi.jpg?1

Both Dimitri and Claude could stand to get something better than full neutral, but without any convenient merges to fix flaws I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I summoned on this banner and the only highlights were Bravelgard (+HP/-Def) and the spark Dimitri (Neutral).  I am not sparking again and used the last two tickets to single summon, a disappointing Fellreeta (+HP/-Spd) was the pathetic pitybreaker.

Bravelgard is +1 and Dimitri is level 40.  Still working on his skills, but he should be a lot of fun to use, so I think I've chosen well.

So, I took the free Claude, and got my tickets - not much fun to report. Through the first spark (plus one round after) - Claude, 2 Dimitris, Idunn and Osian. Not terrrible. Not exactly what I was looking for. I guess technically speaking I also got first copies of Tanya and Emmeryn toward filling out the Herodex.

Free picked Dimitri, sparked Claude. I also free summoned a vanilla Claude as well lol. On my way to chase for my spark, however, I got my rate up to like... 5.5%?? Yikes, that’s the highest it was for a while? I kept trying well PAST my spark because I wanted to break the rate... I ended up just getting another Keaton. Since I’m like at 60/80 summons, I think I’ll keep going for my second spark and THEN stop. On my very last circle before I ran out of orbs (for today) I got a +Atk-HP B Edie!!! Woo!! So I will free pick Lysithea when I get there!

Jeez, even got Claude before the 40 pulls.

Three brave units, two new other 5* and some Shannas and moonbow fodder for 135 orbs is sick.

Honestly this has been the best banner of this year for me so far.

The spark summon went to Dimitri and the free pick to Lysithea to erase her speed flaw.

Each brave unit has a workable nature at worst now.

Free-pulled Brave Dimitri.

The road to the first spark contained three 5* units (Brave Claude, male Byleth and regular Lysithea), the most I've gotten in my "sparking" in recent memory. Free-pulled Brave Edelgard for the first 40.

113 orbs and three Spark uses left. Now deliberating on running the orb stash down or saving it for end-of-month.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Well, first ticket session i got nothing. But in the session I got from Dimitri's ticket...

xP616de.jpg

YES! He loves me!! And then there's a wild Ylgr, but I'm sure someone will want Spd Tactics or Sorcery Blade. I still have over 100 orbs I can farm up and 45 in my reserve. Between that, what I've got so far and the 40-summon, I can at least get Dimitri to +3/+4

@daisy jane

ooho very nice and very lucky 🙂 i hope that happens to meeee

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, got my free Golden Deer boy, let's throw a few orbs for Dimitri and hope he comes fairly quick at least. I want both these awesome boys.

*pulls both the blues that appear in the free pull session*

qNR2CPU.jpg

AAAAH! WHAT THE HECK. lol This was the second blue! If I'd picked that one first, I'd have gotten two freebies, but still, I didn't think he'd show up THIS fast. XD FUCK YES THOUGH! Got that +Def superasset too! -Res is the flaw which is fine with me.

I haven't even gotten any tickets yet. XD I just hope this isn't ruining any luck I could have on the legendary banner since I gotta finish Hrid and legendary Elincia is potentially coming. But this does kinda make up for how I went all the way to very nearly 6% before getting any 5 star on the pirate banner.

@Rezzy @Arcanite And anyone else that cares!

Grats, gonna try for both boys myself, gonna take my freebie after seeing if I can pull one

40-summon came and went. From the remaining 20 summons I needed to get there, I only got a Claude on the last circle. So Mitri is +3 instead of being +4. Oh well. He'll be on another banner soon enough. He's +Spd, at least, and with the new update coming, I can change that to +Atk. If we could use the spark to get another copy of one we already chose, I'd keep pulling, but I'll just hold off until a better rate-up is available. 

With 1.5K Orbs, I was hoping to +10 Dimitri, but the gatcha gods said no for now~

He's +5 at least, which is alright. He could have been +10 if not for pitybreakers~

Total haul:

Spoiler

4 Dimitris

2 Free Dimitris

2 Claudes

1 Lysithea

1 Edelgard

1 OG!Dimitri

1 B!Eliwood

1 Quan

1 F!Kris

1 Fiora

1 Anna

2 Ylgrs

1 A!M!Corrin

1 Kliff

1 Selkie

1 Percival

Guess I'll save up for Hero Fest to try to finish him there~

Broke that awful pity rate with another pull and got Lysithea!

So now officially have all 4 CYL heroes! Done pulling, though if I gather enough orbs in the next 20 days and nothing else interesting comes out, I might dip back in for the 80 pull spark in hope of some merges!

After the Rokkr sieges I ended up at 156 orbs, I did 41 pulls in total and sparked for Edelgard and also made her my free pull. I summoned in green for Edelgards and blue for a Dimitri and a Cordelia. I ended getting a +Hp -Atk Fallen Lyon, a unit I didn't and can be built to be an amazing tank in the future. Also a +Def -Atk Gerrik, another new addition that can be decent fodder. Lastly, a +Spd -Atk Helbindi, again a new addition that got immediately foddered to Fae for the A slot. Now the chicken stands at 62 Hp and waits a 300 SP C slot to be complete. No sign of Dimitri or Cordelia but it doesn't matter, I will stop pulling blue and focus exclusively green to get as many B.Ed as I can. That however will happen at the end of banner so that I can make a big summoning session. 

Do we know how many orbs we get from tomorrow until the final day of the banner? Is it above 100? 

After 101 summons on the cyl 4 banner my highlights are:

• 6 copies of Dimitri. One free summon, one sparked, and 4 pulled for. Best iv being netural.
  • Lilith (+res -hp)
  • 2 copies of Claude. One sparked, and the other (+atk -res)
  • brave Edelgard (+atk -def)

I got what I wanted and a bit more. Changes are, by next month I'll use the fruit to change ivs for Dimitri. Also got fodder to boot. A win in my book.

4 pulls away from sparking for the first time only non free pull brave hero I have got is Lysethia who is minus attack. On the plus side both Edelgard and Lysethia are absolutely insane units even at no merges.

Edited by vikingsfan92