3 hours ago, Jave said:

Had a hunch and decided to YOLO with my last 20 orbs. Got Ullr and an extra Yune. Good stuff.

I love those hunches/instinct. When I can feel it and I go do something, I get rewarded handsomely. I just wish those hunches happen more often than usual.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just used Forging Bonds tickets on Nifl banner and she came on the exact last ticket. Yay! I wouldn't be upset not having any of them,  but getting Nifl specifically like that was a very nice plus.

Then came the Ullr banner... I decided to roll as not only she looked impressive the other units there were nice to me, as I missed some of their own banners. Was saving everything I could for the Brave units, but decided to roll a bunch here. Thankfully Ullr came with just ~130 orbs used and I stopped there (nice she came with +Atk-HP too). And before that I got 2 Eirs, a Mila that I wanted and missed, and two spooks in Siegbert and green Sanaki.

Pretty satisfying week, as my stash is pretty much untouched for what I really want and still got some nice luxuries.

still trying to save orbs, but i decided to roll a few on at least the first summoning circle of both the skills banner and the mythic banner. I got nothing on the mythic banner, despite opening 3 blues, goodbye 8 orbs. next, i went to pull red on the skills banner; got Knoll on the free pull, and then Leif on the second; like, wrong banner dude, but still he's my first Leif so that was nice for 4 orbs.

So does anyone else have little things they do to "boost their luck"? Nothing that actually improves the odds of getting the 5* unit of choice, but little lucky charms that you THINK improves your odds?

I sniped like $80usd worth of blue orbs, and all I got for my troubles was one copy of Dimitri (and 4* special Ephraim and B!Ike), all silent.

I did 2 summon sessions with sound on, and the second one gave me two Ullrs one after another.

...to be fair neither one has a good asset, but that's still 4x better than the round of sessions I did before that.
And that's why I always turn the volume up before summoning.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So does anyone else have little things they do to "boost their luck"? Nothing that actually improves the odds of getting the 5* unit of choice, but little lucky charms that you THINK improves your odds?

my own habit is: I don't skip the summoning animation lol

like, if it's only one color i'm sniping for, i'll just tap my phone screen repeatedly to get done with the summonings of colors i don't care about so i can get to next orb of the color i want as quickly as possible, but when i'm picking on a color i do want, i just let it play out completely; like, i don't want to be rude to lady luck if she does chose to surprise me lol

Just a wee bit more pulling got me a +Spd -HP Ullr.

...not exactly what I wanted most, but all things considered it's still gonna make a frightening Brave Bow unit (or just keep Yewfelle on her and still be a nightmare)

14 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

my own habit is: I don't skip the summoning animation lol

like, if it's only one color i'm sniping for, i'll just tap my phone screen repeatedly to get done with the summonings of colors i don't care about so i can get to next orb of the color i want as quickly as possible, but when i'm picking on a color i do want, i just let it play out completely; like, i don't want to be rude to lady luck if she does chose to surprise me lol

Same, though I do begin tapping furiously once I realize there's no smoke to signify a 4* or greater. Still wish there was an easy way to tell if it'll be a 5*...

11 free summons for the Hero Fest banner. I'm gonna try to get Flayn and Guninivere so let's see how it goes:

• 3* Matthew. Trash
  • +Spd -Def Flayn. Excellent and perfect nature! Let's go!
  • 4* Kaze. Good fodder
  • 4* Catria. No colorless this circle, but Luna is always good.
  • 3* Effie. Trash
  • 4* Valbar. Trash
  • 3* Florina. Trash
  • 4* Forrest. Ok-ish fodder
  • +Atk 4* Tatiana. Nice merge, although I don't really plan on building her.
  • 3* Natasha. Meh
  • 4* Oscar. Lancebreaker is welcome.
Edited by Alexmender

Spoiler

image0.png

All 11 free summons and 78 orbs (I was targeting every red and blue I see):
+Spd/-HP Valentines Henriette
+HP/-Def Valentines Henriette
+Atk/-Res Flier Olivia
+Spd/-Res Guinivere
+Def/-HP Guinivere

11 free summons plus maybe... 7 extra for additional Red orbs that appeared. Got 1 Fallen Lyon, wouldn't mind him going into the 4* special pool as well, as well as Young Mercenary Ike as a 4* special.

I'll summon more when I buy the pack with extra first summon tickets, but I need Henriette... I'm suffering without Far Save...

After having such bad luck on Ullr's banner (went back on my word and kept pulling, now at a 10% rate WHYyyy I knew that banner was going to be bad ugh), I'm hoping August has better fortune, and it looks like it just might!

With 11 free summons, I pulled a vanilla Edelgard (neutral) and then Dedue twice in a row (+Res -HP and +Def -Res)!

Having already put A/D Near Save on Brave Edelgard and Spring Idunn previously, I'm now lacking any clear unit to put the skill on so I guess I'll just be able to keep the Dedues in reserve for now and hope for some awesome new armor units the rest of this year. 

EDIT: Finally summoned SK!Dimitri at 11% rate. At least he had an Atk asset lol. Merged him to +2 now, which makes him my highest scoring Legendary hero atm I believe. 

Edited by uhmuzing

Blue for the Fortress banner.

1. 3* Clair: No.

Grey for Weekly Revival 22.

1. 4* Sothe: No.

And now for the Hero Fest. I've already got Guinivere and Flayn, so I'll try red for Henriette.

1. 4* Raigh: No.
  2. 3* Python: No.
  3. 3* Erk: No.
  4. 4* Cain: No.
  5. 3* Laslow: No.
  6. 4* Draug: No.
  7. 4* Soleil: No.
  8. 4* Raigh: Really?
  9. 4* Ross: No.
  10. 3* Mustafa: No.
  11. 4* Subaki: No.

Not a single 5*. My streak of horrible luck continues...

Well, the Summer 2 banner gave me no focus units. First I get pity broken by Surtr on a 5%, then by Sara going up to 6%. 

Due to pity breaker changes I'm still at 4% after this, but I know when to cut my loses and can tell that banner is not going to get me Freyja or Flow Refresh fodder. At least the Sara is +Atk -Hp which is pretty much her second best nature below +Spd.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Got 2 Heniettes, and one of them is +Atk -Spd! Great asset/flaw, and gives me some Far Save fodder finally!

...now what?

If you are using her as part of a Save tank team and you plan to have the Save tank team be your primary team that you throw at Abyssal and/or Aether Raids, she will take a lot of serious punishment and will need Crafty Fighter for Guard.

If you already have a super tank team and you are just investing in a Save tank team as side option for counter picking, I think she is fine as is and I would put your resources elsewhere.

So, I wound up doing almost 3 wheels. Was surprised to get a Ranulf with the same nature as the one I already have, as well as Fallen M!Morgan. I also got a 5* Pirate Vika, so I'll be skipping colorless from now on. I mostly want Surtr, followed by Naesala, and wouldn't mind the princesses. Hopefully I can at least nab Surtr!

My excellent luck continues. /s

First off, final counts for the Mythic Hero banner. 632 pulls total:

• 11 Ulir (no extra copies for Life and Death 4 or Deadeye, which is incredibly disappointing)
  • 20 Seiros (Dragon Wall is shit)
  • 18 Dimitri (Odd Tempest is okay)
  • 3 Reginn (got a +Spd copy to use as my new merge base)
  • 2 Sigurd
  • 3 Seliph
  • 1 Eir (I wish this were a Mila so that I could finally get her to +10)
  • 1 Louise

So, absolute shit. I'm pretty convinced that Legendary/Mythic Hero banners are rigged against the new unit. This banner can go fuck itself.

Pulling for Nifl went surprisingly well, though it took 12 copies to finally get one that was +Spd. I guess all of that blue dragon energy from the Mythic Hero banner helped (though I'd rather have had Ulir go well and Nifl not as well considering how horribly Ulir went). But in the end, I did end up finishing using fewer than expected value of orbs spent (and the spares then went into trying to get the last few copies of Ulir).

Tried pulling 2 more copies of Freyja (to end at a round 22 copies) before her banner ends to try to get a +Spd copy, and absolutely no dice. The probability of failing to get a +Spd copy after 22 copies is 0.25% (1 in 396).

I managed to pull 4 pity-breakers in a row starting at a 6.25% pity rate without my pity rate dropping below 3.5% before finally getting the first Freyja of this set. So yeah, excellent luck all around. This banner can go fuck itself.

The Feh Pass loyalty login bonus seems to be only once per month, which is rather underwhelming, but I think this is finally a case where I can feel justified using Trait Fruits on something other than a Forma. Sigh.

My abysmal luck seems to be continuing into the pirate banner. Pulled 5 full circles and got only 2 pity-breakers (Selena and Echoes Palla). My gacha budget for the first half of the month has been fully expended for the time being, so I'll only be using free orbs for now and see if any budget gets freed up in the latter half of the month.

I may need to pre-emptively tell this banner to also go fuck itself.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Pretty good luck lately. On the Hero Fest…

My tickets got me my first V Henrietta, +Spd -HP lol.

With the new pirates, I got a +Spd -HP Vika at 4* super early. A few circles later and I got a back to back Duo Hinoka at +Atk -Res and Pirate Naesala at neutral. Super happy!

No new 4* specials yet… I did pick up a Lene merge at last, so she is no longer -Spd.

The pirate's theme just isn't compatible with me I guess. Never was able to pull Tibarn, Brigid or even Geese last year, and this time around I dropped about a 100 orbs and was only able to get a 5* Vika, +Spd -Res. I'd really like to get just 1 copy of Surtr or Hinoka (despite my Tellius love, Naesala's art on this banner looks sorta wonky to me). 

I need to go back to F2P. Buying orbs almost always feels like a waste. 

Around 70 orbs spent on this banner. This might be my best haul yet. Got one 4* Vika, two Surtrs, one Hinokamilla, and a Kiria to round it up. Raven waifu is here so I’m happy, everyone else is a bonus. 

So, I started saving orbs after the last time Sigurd was here. I did managed to +1 him last time but I resolved to get a +10. I never really saved orbs with a goal before and as a non-spending player I have a single +10 5 star exclusive unit and figured I'd get a second one. 

A few months of saving netted me 914 orbs for Sigurd's return, I also had a lot of chain challenges not done so the total number of orbs was around at least 1000. Surely I could get at least a +5 Sigurd? I'd go with blue when red isnt present to try and get Ullr,

results:

• 6x Regin
  • 4x Seliph
  • 3x Sigurd.... sad face I only made it to +4 T_T
  • 1x Dimitri
  • 1x Seiros
  • 2x Shamir... circles without red or blue started to scare me.

bonus:

brave Roy, 2x Gray, Ephraim, Katarina, Ayra, Brave Celica, Karla, Siegbert, Eldigan, Lucina, Sigurd (lol), Tiki.

so... back to saving for November, hoping for better luck then. I got 6 Mirabilis last time, I guess its fitting that I get 6 Regin this time.. Pity I have zero use or interest in them.