Well, I decided to go for the Spark, and this was FAR worse than the CYL5 banner. 

I got a single Emmeryn, Miriel, and L'Archel for potential future merge projects, a Sakura for a planned future merge project, and not a single pure 5* unit the entire time until I Sparked! 

Yes, I got a 4* + 1 Keaton, but that was literally it. I Sparked Gustav and was left with a 5% 5* rate still.

I was going to spend an extra 45 orbs making sure I at least attempted to pull something, and after a few single-Colorless pulls, I got a circle with three Colorless orbs! On my first pull I got pity-broken by Flayn...and then got a 4* +1 Fae, but on the last Colorless orb in the circle, I pulled a Fallen Rhea.

I've dug into my Daily Orb stash to reset me so I'm not too terribly in the Red, but I was so close to 700 orbs, and part of me wanted to go see if I could get to 1000 before CYL6...it was a long-shot, but I felt like it may have been possible. Maybe by the Winter banners I'll have that amount...

Overall, this banner did NOT spark joy in me, pun intended, but I got what I came for with meager potential offerings on the side. 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least my luck eventually improved. 384 pulls:

• 10 Ninian (+1 spark for a total of 11)
  • 3 Rhea
  • 2 Lilith

Also pity breakers:

• 1 Brave Dimitri
  • 1 Guinivere
  • 3 Marianne
  • 1 Fiora (first +Spd)
  • 1 Zeke

Total 3.9% focus rate, which is quite a bit above average (average is about 3.3%). 5.7% 5-star rate, which is quite a bit below average (average is about 6.5%).

Also managed to get 1 Nina (now +10), 2 Shiro (now +10), and 2 Lute (now +8) as notable merges from the 4-star SR pool.

I'd say that my luck was on point today. 

Spoiler

Xi5OYZ8.jpgzwbglMd.jpg

Gustav: +Atk/-Def
Ninian: +Atk/-HP pog she gets to have a base Atk that isn't below 30, also don't kill me Ice Dragon

4* Special Flying Olivia: now +3 but still isn't any more likely to get a refine (RIP)

Unfortunately, that'll probably mean that my luck will fail me on a future banner when I need it most.

And speaking of being not quite so lucky, I made some attempts to get either Ascended Ishtar (from her debut banner) or Ascended Idunn (from Medeus's banner) so I could finally get a second Ascendant Floret. I left with FE4 Arthur and L!Dimitri (I also don't have Legendary Julia for the record) respectively instead, though that's of course still better than nothing.

Free summons are always dope, but I didn't think it'd happen again so soon after free Fallen Lilith... and yet here I am with a free copy of Idunn from her New Power banner.
...man, her base Res is low...

Anyway, it's also Duma's Remix time, and I need 2 more copies of him to get him to +10. He's not been on any banners that I've been able to summon from en masse, and to be totally honest I don't even know if I can do it here (luck has never been on my side in the best of times...), but I'm typing this before commiting wallet seppuku. There is also the fact I only really need to summon one of him before I can just spark the other copy, so... here's hoping it's painless.

Also been a while since I recorded my results. Bold denotes 5* or 4* special summons, and italics are Colorless orbs. Here's what happened:

Spoiler

Session 1

• Priscilla
  • Virion
  • Mordecai
  • Soren
  • Fjorm

Session 2

• Shigure
  • Fallen Celica
  • Legault
  • Emmeryn
  • Virion

Session 3

• Rath
  • Ares
  • L'arachel
  • Adrift Male Corrin
  • Felicia

Session 4

• Fjorm
  • Ferdinand
  • Ilyana
  • Miranda
  • Legendary Marth

Session 5

• Mordecai
  • Shanna
  • Tanya
  • Niles
  • Sakura

Session 6

• Balthus
  • Male Morgan
  • Nowi
  • Altena
  • Mercedes

Session 7

• Oboro
  • Olivia
  • Lukas
  • Jagen
  • Gordin

Session 8

• Female Corrin
  • Raven
  • Bantu
  • Female Corrin
  • Jakob

Spark: Duma

Session 9 (started sniping Colorless from here): Brady

Session 10

• Wrys
  • Felicia

Session 11

• Tethys
  • Norne
  • Azama

Session 12

• Merlinus
  • Gaius
  • Felicia

Session 13: Lon'qu

Session 14: Ascended Laegjarn

Session 15

• Matthew
  • Chad

Session 16: Laslow

Session 17: Legault

Session 18

• Forrest
  • Mercedes
  • Klein

Session 19: Laslow

Session 20

• Serra
  • Brady

Session 21

• Emmeryn
  • Felicia

Session 22

• Mist
  • Brady

Session 23: Leon

Session 24

• Brady
  • Jakob

Session 25: Catria

Session 26

• Nanna
  • Saizo
  • Maria

Session 27: Matthew

Session 28

• Natasha
  • Serra
  • Chad
  • Sakura

Session 29: Oscar

Session 30: Lissa

Session 31

• Maria
  • Ascended Laegjarn

Session 32

• Ascended Laegjarn
  • Linhardt

Session 33: Lena

Session 34: Natasha

Session 35

• Wrys
  • Jorge

Session 36

• Felicia
  • Jakob

Session 37

• Gordin
  • Ascended Laegjarn

I... was done after the 3rd Laegjarn. The remaining summons were just remaining orbs and Google Play orbs... where I got the 4th Laegjarn...
...one Duma, that was all I asked for, why is it harder to get him compared to getting that free Idunn...?

EDIT: waited it out a bit and tried again. I did get Duma without... a lot more headache.

Edited by Xenomata

Yeah hi I know the last post was from me, but oh boy you are going to love this.

So in trying to summon the 1 copy of Duma I needed, it took some 40 summoning sessions to eventually get him. SESSIONS. That's howevermany sessions of either one or two Colorless orbs, if any at all, pity breaking Ascended Laegjarns, and generally summoning WAY MORE HEALERS THAN I WILL EVER NEED.

But please also refer to the beginning of my last post. Note that I free summoned Idunn off the New Power banner.

I still had some orbs, so I figured eh what the hell, let's see what happens.

It took one summon to get another copy of Idunn. SUMMON. That is one red orb, only cost 5 orbs to summon from. And by the way, Idunn was in pretty much the same situation as Duma was, only needing 2 more copies to get her to +10 merge.

Why the goddamn did it take me over 40 summoning sessions to get one copy of the power-toting old fart while it only took one free summon and 5 orbs to get two copies of the beautiful dark dragon lady?

I still needed 2 copies of Ephraim to finally get him to +10, so I decided to pull for him on the Remix banner.

And then I got him on my free pull.

So I spent the rest of the banner pulling both blue and colorless for either the last copy of Ephraim or a copy of Laegjarn (and if I didn't get Ephraim, I'd spark for him).

And then it took 32 pulls after the spark to clean out my pity rate. What the fuck.

75 pulls on the Remix banner.

• 1 Ephraim (+1 spark)
  • 2 Laegjarn
  • 1 Ascended Fjorm

5.3% 5-star rate is well below average, granted it's below average by only 1 unit. But still below average.

Ephraim is now +10. Laegjarn is now +5.

The Fjorm was from my final session where I had a 10% pity rate and decided the pull the remainder of the session after finally clearing my pity rate with Laegjarn. Fjorm is amazing for skill inheritance, so more copies of her are always welcome.

On the bright side, all of the 5-star units I got were units I wanted, so it isn't all bad.

The New Power banner was complete garbage, though. I pulled green since I could use additional copies of both Kaden and Felicia, and sharing colors improves the 5-star rate. It took 24 pulls to get a copy of Kaden.

So I gave up on that banner.

Time for more pulls. Green on Weekly Revival 21.

1. 4* Nino: No.

Red on Weekly Revival 48.

1. 5* M!Byleth: Very nice! +Spd/-Atk is the opposite of the usual, and it's decent enough.

Red again for the New Power banner.

1. 4* Ares: No.

Grey for the Remix banner.

1. 4* Lucius: No.

And lastly red for the new Fallen banner.

1. 4* Scathach. Huh, new unit. +Spd/-Def is tolerable.
  2. 5* Lene: Another 4* Special. +Spd/-HP is fine, so I guess I'll merge my current neutral copy in. +1 now.
  3. 4* Hana: No.
  4. 4* Oscar: No.
  5. 4* Raigh: No.

No Lilith, but that still went quite well. 2 new units and a merge for an old one is more than good enough for a bunch of free pulls.

Welp, uh ... I got both my first regular Lute AND Harmonic Roy+Eliwood on my second circle. So which future banner I care about is going to give me terrible luck

Did my customary full round, last two pulls were an +Res -Atk Ninian and a 4* +Res -Def Bride Cecilia. That's fine by me, Ninian is whatever until dancers get refines, Cecilia I guess I'll promote and hope she appears as a special manual or Forma someday.

Alright, time to summon again. Grey for Weekly Revival 7.

1. 3* Reyson: No.

Grey again for Weekly Revival 22.

1. 3* Erk: No.

Red for the TT banner.

1. 3* Tanith: No.

Red for the Life and Death banner.

1. 3* Lena: No.

That went completely not as planned. Hopefully the bridal banner is better. 183 orbs to start, looking for Roy and Lilina.

Spoiler
  1. 5* Bride!Lilina: Yes! An excellent start. +Def/-Res is horrible, but at least her Atk is fine.
  2. 4* Mathilda: No. I'll take the two reds here for fun.
  3. 3* Olivia: No.
  4. 4* Mamui: No.

A great start to the session. 171 orbs left.

1. 4* Camilla: No.
  2. 3* Lukas: No.

162 orbs left.

1. 4* Miriel: No.
  2. 4* Luthier: No.

153 orbs left.

1. 3* Camilla: No.

148 orbs left.

1. 4* Marcia: No.
  2. 3* Fae: No.

139 orbs left.

1. 3* Thea: No.
  2. 3* Effie: No.

130 orbs left.

1. 4* Oscar: No.
  2. 4* L'Arachel: No.
  3. 4* Florina: No.

The game's really going out of its way to avoid giving me green orbs. 117 orbs left.

1. 4* Karin: Oh, you're new. +Res/-Spd isn't great though.
  2. 4* Robin: No.
  3. 4* Roderick: No.

104 orbs left.

1. 3* Sully: No.
  2. 5* Rinkah: Sure? +Def/-Atk is quite good, but I'm fine with my current +Spd/-HP copy. Merge time.
  3. 3* Balthus: No.

91 orbs left. Halfway through.

1. 3* Ferdinand: Reposition fodder.
  2. 5* Harmonic!Roy: There we go! +Spd/-Res is excellent too. Now I'm just going to start pulling until I get another 5*.
  3. 4* Bantu: No.
  4. 4* Bride!Cecilia: Nice. +Atk/-Res is okay.

74 orbs left. Anything non-grey at this point.

1. 4* Miranda: No.
  2. 4* Roderick: No.
  3. 3* Jagen: No.
  4. 4* Oscar: No.

57 orbs left.

1. 4* Cordelia: No.
  2. 3* Thea: No.
  3. 3* Beruka: No.
  4. 4* Gunter: No.

40 orbs left.

1. 3* Athena: No.
  2. 4* Athena: Really?
  3. 3* Nowi: No.
  4. 4* Merric: No.

23 orbs left.

1. 4* Oboro: No.
  2. 3* Ross: No.
  3. 3* Gunter: No.
  4. 4* Cath: Reposition fodder.
  5. 3* Fae: No.

109 orbs got me Lilina, Roy, a 4* Cecilia, and even a merge for Rinkah. 71 more orbs got me jack and squat. Figures.

Tried 2 full circles for B!Cecilia, she didn't show up but I got a +Hp -Spd Constance. I had a -Atk +Spd copy of her, so the merge was appreciated to get rid of the bane. 

I managed to get Wedding Roy yesterday, and with that, I'm done with this banner! (I also got a surprise in the form of my first Niime, which was nice.) He's +HP, -SPD, I think, but the important thing is I got this sweet father-son duo. Now to save up orbs and see if IS baits me well enough to get me to spend them before I have Axe Valor.

My luck hates me, and the feeling is mutual. I don't know how many orbs i have thrown at it, but the Bridal banner is determined to make my life miserable. All i want is ONE COPY of Sophia. ONE. But no. Snipping red all i got was:

1 5* Cecilia

1 B!Marth

1 Volk

1 Kiria

5 4* Cecilia

Honestly, i would trade all of these for just the one Sophia any day, will never happen now but whatever i guess, what's lost is lost.

Weekly banners gave me a Hinata and my first Cath. 

B!Cecilia really does not want to show up. I got a -Atk B!Lilina on a circle where the red I got was OG!Roy (I knew as soon as I saw the boy that the blue orb at his side was Lilina). Then I got Fallen M!Morgan. I kinda have the feeling I'd see B!Sophia before Cecilia. 

EDIT: It happened, lol. I got B!Sophia before Cecilia despite the latter being more common. To rub salt in the wound, I summoned on another red orb and got a +Spd Priam. It's raining 5* units but I can't get the 4* to save my life.

Edited by Alexmender

Overextended slightly to do a full run on today's bridal re-run, and picked up both a 5* (Neutral) and a 4* (+Def -Res) Rafiel, neat. Now to figure out who to partner him up with for optimal Galeforce shenanigans.

Aiming for 11 copies of Cecilia, as many copies of Sophia as 11 copies of Cecilia gets me, 4-5 copies of Lilina, and 3 copies of Roy from the Bride banner.

364 pulls:

• 4 Roy
  • 5 Lilina (+1 spark for a total of 6)
  • 3 Sophia
  • 3 5-star Cecilia
  • 9 4-star Cecilia
  • 12 pity breakers

4.1% focus rate, which is quite a bit above average. 7.4% overall 5-star rate, which is a bit above average.

I ended up going for a fourth copy of Roy just to try for a better Asset since my first three copies were all +Res. I got +HP. That was a dud.

Managed to get Atk Assets on all three other units.

None of the copies of Cecilia are +Spd, though I'm not sure if a Spd Asset would even be worth running on her. She is quite a bit slower than Walhart, who is one of the slowest player-phase units that commonly runs a Spd Asset.

Pity breakers included my first +Spd copies of Catherine and Eyvel as well as an extra merge for Ascended Mareeta (now +2) and two extra merges for Fallen Lyon (now +5).

• I GOT FREEBIE GROOM RAFIEL!
    ...okay maybe that doesn't sound exciting, but he was 5* and +Res -Atk, which I think you will agree is far better than +HP -Res on him. I'll take it!
  • I got Melady and Hugh in the same session of the Roy's Harem-I mean Bridal Blossoms banner.
    You may note that these two are Binding Blade units who do not have wedding attire on.
    You may also note that neither one of them have anything to do with Roy otherwise.
    I... would rather have had a Bridal unit, and these two totally tanked my pity rate, but... ugh...
Edited by Xenomata

The brave heroes revival banner is being weird right now.

It's, uh, giving me quite a bit of 5-stars and 4-star specials. Including Mamori, Caineghis, and Osian all in a single session. And an Exalt Chrom earlier too. Not sure how to feel about this.

... And then I got fallen male Morgan on the first orb of the next session. EDIT: AND MY FIRST ANNAND ON THE SAME SESSION TOO. DA FUCK

EDIT 2: And a Duessel showed up next cycle. Maybe I should just leave this open and record any other 5-stars that pop up before I run out of orbs. Which was a good call because I just got Kaden. Fuck, next session gave me first Hapi.

I don't have enough orbs to do the last final 5 pulls, so I'll have to finish that later, but ... this is the weirdest summoning session I've ever experienced O_O

Edited by Sunwoo

So after the disaster that was the CYL5 Hero Fest where I got no focus units in 50-60 pulls, I thought I'd definitely spark on the re-run because Eirika is a unit that ticks every box for me. But then I hit a "snag", in that sniping on blue, summons #8 and #9 were both CYL Eirika, the first one was +Atk -Def even (and the other +HP -Atk). So, uh, job done and I'm only 10 summons in. I genuinely don't know if I should keep going. I'm sort of interested in Marianne but I gather she's not really all that - I literally have never seen her outside the story maps. Have Gatekeeper from the freebie last year and have zero interest in Marth. Decisions, decisions.

Leaning towards just stopping for now. Both with the banner, and with FEH for the time being, I'm well and truly burnt out. It's a shame the banner duration is so short, that we'll have no idea who will be in the next New Heroes banner next month. I'll probably keep an eye out for what that is, but I suppose the smart thing to do might be to just save all my orbs for CYL6 or whatever else the semi-anniversary event has to offer.

5YL1Y0a.jpg

Thanks to the CYL5 rerun, my promise to +10 Gatekeeper if he won CYL has been fulfilled. He was +8 before; one copy was sparked, and the other was picked up en route to said spark. I can finally stop throwing away Close Reversal fodders, and I still have my free CYL5 summon and the Divine Codes manual in case I need said fodders.

Petra, Velouria, Ingrid, Brave Roy, and Brave Marianne were also picked up along the way due to doing full pulls. I... kinda cleaned house on this banner, huh.

Picked up both Farina and Brave Eirika with my free summons, then finally used my CYL5 free summon on Brave Marth to complete the set. Means that from the Mar-Aug 2021 New Heroes banners, I'm now just missing Fallen Morgan.