Pulling red, blue and grey on all the ticket rounds for the fourth house got me a fat load of nothing. Could have perhaps sparked if I farmed a lot of orbs but decided against it, neither Muspell or Hapi are all that crucial to have.

So with that failure fresh in my mind, I was a bit worried about doing the same for the new banner. I decided to drop blue, Est is nothing special and there's no element of completing the set either as I don't have Valentian Catria. First round gave me a +Spd -Res Adrift Female Corrin which is decent, better than my neutral one. However it took until the very last orb of the very last round to get a real prize, which came in the form of +Res -Def Ascendant Celica.

Now I really don't like her weird cross-eyed neutral expression and would probably rather have the new OC whatsherface, but she's just my second Ascended unit so that's cool, might actually use a Florete for the first time ever.

4 orbs left, orb income is extremely minimal since I've all but stopped playing - really shot myself in the foot by not doing Coliseum content for over two weeks now - but just clinging on until the CYL freebie is distributed (where I will almost certainly pick Tiki).

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why I still bother trying to "pull until I get x" after a spark. It never goes well. Literally never.

While I said in the banner thread that I'd probably just pull green and use my spark on Celica, that got derailed pretty quickly by the fact that the game absolutely refused to give me green orbs. So I got tempted into pulling for Est and Celica. And got Est on my second pull in the first session. I ended up getting one copy each of Est, Celica, and Ymir before the spark and ended up using the spark on another copy of Ymir.

And then decided to pull until I got another copy of Ymir because the first copy was [+Res, -Atk]. What could possibly go wrong.

40 pulls up to the spark (in order):

• 1 Est [+Spd, -Def]
  • 1 Ymir [+Res, -Atk]
  • 1 Celica [+Spd, -HP]

133 pulls after the spark (in order):

• 1 Ascended Florina
  • 1 Brave Marianne
  • 1 Nagi
  • 1 Eleonora
  • 2 Ascended Laegjarn
  • 1 Ascended Fjorm

19 pulls after that bullshit (in order):

• 1 Ymir [+Res, -Atk]
  • 1 Charlotte
  • 1 Ymir [+Atk, -HP]

2.6% focus rate, which is obviously below average (~3.3%). 6.8% 5-star rate, which is slightly above average (~6.5%).

As can be clearly seen from the fact that 5 of the 7 pity breakers were not green, the game absolutely refused to give me green orbs. Laegjarn is now +10 for some reason.

After getting a literally identical copy of Ymir after pity breaker hell, I decided to rage pull another Ymir.

Anyways, it's now 5 in the afternoon; I've been awake for the past 21 hours; I'm going to bed; Good night.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I keep telling myself to save and not get distracted, but I got distracted because dude Ymir has honestly one of the best designs in the game period. Her dragon animation is simply phenomenal.

That being said, i only had 83 orbs going into the banner. My one and only target being Ymir, i feel absolutely nothing for the rest of the units in this banner. And off i went.....and got her on 9 pulls! +HP/-SPD, idk how to feel about that, but i'm happy I got her! Total cost was 32 orbs.

On other banners, I free pulled F!Mareeta on her refine banner, and free pulled L!Lucina on the remix banner. I'm just gonna save now for whenver Embla joins us, the potential new batch of dancers later in the year, or, may be, just may be, a new Deirdre.

Well, I didn't expect that. He may be 3*, but I got a +def Atlas, and I actually managed to pull Ymir on my last free summon ticket! She's +HP, -Def, though, so I'm giving her some fruit to make her +atk -spd.

I went until the spark, because....I was only four away when I got Ymir. So, including my spark (Celica) here is what I got:

Atlas 4* +Def

Leanne +HP (I am known to quit and restart and have been playing since the beginning and Leanne and Minerva were the last two units I had never gotten, so now...just Minerva)

Kamui - 4* +Def

Tine - +Res

Ymir - +Atk

Helbindi - +HP

Celica - Neutral

I guess 7 out of 41 isn't bad.

Did 31 pulls from the summer rerun banner because why not:

• 2 Duo Hilda
  • 1 4-star Summer Caspar
  • 1 Sara

Hilda is now +3, but I haven't gotten a merge base better than the neutral copy from the spark on her original banner, so she's still neutral.

Maybe I'll do a few more pulls on Duo Byleth's banner sometime before the banner ends.

Apparently these summer Heroes really like my beach this year, I just free summoned Ashe. So, uh, that's Summer Noire, Summer Lyon, Summer Ogma, and Summer Ashe whom I've free-summoned this year, I think. Or maybe they're all fleeing from Summer Edelgard, whom I do not have and do not wish to get.

This screenshot perfectly summarizes my luck pulling for the last 4 copies to +10 Summer Lyn:

BF7SuSz.png

This banner can go fuck itself with a hacksaw.

EDIT: Final counts.

227 pulls from the Summer Lyn banner:

• 4 Summer Lyn
  • 1 Summer Ursula
  • 5 pity breakers

2.2% focus rate and 4.4% total 5-star rate. Garbage.

65 pulls from Duo Byleth's banner:

• 2 Duo Byleth
  • 1 Summer Ingrid
  • 2 pity breakers

4.6% focus rate and 7.7% total 5-star rate. Above average, but not good enough to make up for the previous garbage.

Across both banners, 2.7% focus rate and 5.1% total 5-star rate. Garbage.

Summer Lyn is now +10. Summer Ursula is now +4. Duo Byleth is now +5. Summer Ingrid is now +5.

The only notable pity breakers were a +Spd Constanze, which is going to be my new merge base for her once the Special Training maps roll back around (will be +5), and a merge for Ascended Idunn (now +4).

Notable pulls from the 4-star SR pool were the last copies of Female Byleth and Fallen Mareeta to reach +10. I also pulled my 20th copy of Ishtar, which is notable because still none of them are +Spd.

I'm probably going to have to go for minimal pulling from the upcoming Mythic Hero banner and the next Special Heroes banner in anticipation for CYL and FGO's summer event. Today's pulls were well over what I had budgeted for them.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Red for Overseas Memories.

1. 3* Stahl: No.

Grey for Weekly Revival 31.

1. 4* Lukas: No.

Red for Weekly Revival 53.

1. 3* Silvia: No.

Grey for the Null banner.

1. 3* Felicia: No.

Grey again for Summer Vibrance.

1. 3* Effie: No.

Blue for Summer Refreshes.

1. 4* Shigure: No.

And grey for the New Heroes banner and its tickets.

1. 3* Titania: No.
  2. 4* Chad: No.
  3. 4* Legault: No.
  4. 4* Natasha: No.
  5. 3* Mercedes: No.

That was a disappointing sequence of pulls. Not that I was particularly hoping for anything, but my interest in Heroes is starting to flag, so a new unit would have been a nice motivator.

I know it is kinda dumb, but I like getting other people to pull my new characters for me "for luck." My wife...somehow pulled Byleth, Sylvain and Ingrid on the same draw (I literally don't even remember who the other two were) and it left me gobsmacked. It was literally my only pull on the banner because I am trying (unsuccessfully) to save orbs. So, that was nice. Sylvain was even somehow 5* instead of 4*.

36 summons and not a single focus unit... All I wanted was a single Celica before the spark so I could grab a 2nd for fodder purposes... But this is probably the worst luck i've had in a long time...

Fuck.jpg

Apparently the game decided that it likes me this month because I got Ashera, Plumeria, Askr, and Celica. And my first Scathach. Ashera, Askr, and Celica are new while Ashera would've been the free summon had I picked her orb first.

Garbage luck, as usual for a Legendary/Mythic Hero banner, but slightly better than my usual garbage luck. Doesn't make it not garbage, though. Hit my budget then immediately stopped.

198 pulls:

• 3 Askr (+1 spark)
  • 4 Mediuth
  • 5 Ashera
  • 1 Nanna
  • 1 Mareeta
  • 1 Celica

7.8% focus rate, which is below average (~8.6%) by 2 units.

As usual, I get more copies of the units I don't need than the units that I need. At the very least, one of my copies of Askr was +Def.

On the bright side, I pulled my first female Byleth since she reached +10, which means I can finally give Ruptured Sky to a cavalry or flier without wasting a copy of Atk/Spd Ideal 4.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Frankly, if a Mythic banner's main seller won't even entertain the thought of teasing me with their orb color, then good day to you banner.

So I guess i'm still summoning from the HOLY CRAP VALENTIAN EST AN YMIR IN THE SAME BANNER. And I already summoned Ascended Celica earlier? Wow, they may not be as strong but I will still take these units!

...Ah phooey, Est is -Res...

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Garbage luck, as usual for a Legendary/Mythic Hero banner

focus rate, which is below average (~8.6%) by 2 units.

I am with you. I am only 25 pulls in and am a measly 4% rate. I literally have a Plumeria to show so far and that is it.

Probably the luckiest I've ever been on a Legendary/Mythic banner, and I still didn't get Askr. Stll, the luck here combined with pulling Ymir and Duo Thorr made this overall a good day. 

My pulls: 

Ashera (New, x2 - my first and second last)

Medeus (New, x2 - my second and last)

Duo Thorr (new)

Ymir (new)

L!Nanna (new)

Letizia (old)

Owain (4* + 1 - new)

B!Roy (4* + 1 - old)

I did end up dolphining on this banner, using my daily orb stash, and going down to about 625 (by accident funnily enough - I double-clicked on the summoning button by reflex when I meant to go to the Battle button), but I still got a lot of new units, some special ones I was looking for, and a few units for future merge projects, so I'm not sad. I did decide that I'll try pulling for Summer Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri next year, and after CYL 6 I'll stockpile my orbs until the next Mythic/Legendary both Otr and Askr appear on, and then I'll go all out there. 

EDIT: On the New Heroes banner, I did pull Ascended Celica on my first ticket (aka the second pull), so that was nice! I think I would have preferred pulling Ymir then, but I'll take it. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

150 orbs, 3 Green mage guy, 1 L!Nanna and 1 Peony. I would feel like it's rigged if not for Nanna . Nonetheless had to use the guaranteed summon on Askr. Hope to get one copy of Otr for fodder purpose but the future looks a little bleak going by my current pulls.

I feel like I am having awful luck on this banner. I am now fifty picks in, and if not for a double Celica pull, my percentage would be below 5%.  The other unit I got was Plumeria, which was oddly my first round of five. That said, and I know this is an odd first +10 project, but I pulled 3 Balthus', so he is soon to be +6 when I can get the feathers.

Edited by jameslove001
Balthus

Full round on the Legendary banner got me nothing, but got myself a freebie +Def -HP Valentian Palla from today's summer banner re-run.

I'm absolutely running on fumes here and basically have one meaningful hit left, we'll see if it'll be on the CYL banner, the Hero Fest, or whatever seasonal is announced in the expected FEH channel.

So, I spent a full summoning circle on the Askr: God of Openness banner, and...wow, I got lucky. Special summoned a copy of original Lucina, got another copy of both Ashera and Legendary Nanna, and got my first Ascended Mareeta. And then a dumb Henry, but whatever. I've never, EVER had that kind of luck on a banner, Mythic or otherwise. FOUR five-star units in a row? Never has that ever happened before. Even if only one of them was new, I'm very happy with it.

Starting off this session with green for Nohrian Summer.

1. 4* Vyland: No.

Grey for Sketchy Summer.

1. 4* Azama: No.

One circle from the Mythic banner for fun. 230 orbs on hand.

1. 4* Lilina: No.
  2. 4* Soleil: No.
  3. 4* Cath: Reposition fodder.
  4. 4* Arthur: No.
  5. 3* Sakura: No.

That was utter garbage. Anyway, grey for Weekly Revival 32.

1. 5* Loki: Figures that's where my luck would go. +Def/-Res is awful, so merge fodder for my current +Def/-HP copy.

And now to see if I can get some merges for Lucina from Weekly Revival 12. 215 orbs left after that awful Mythic circle.

Spoiler
  1. 4* Laslow: No.

If only it was that easy...

1. 3* Hana: No.
  2. 4* Eirika: No.
  3. 4* A!Tiki: No.

Darn. 202 orbs left.

1. 4* Roy: No.

197 orbs left.

1. 3* Gwendolyn: No.

192 orbs left.

1. 4* Silvia: No.
  2. 4* Eirika: No.

183 orbs left.

1. 4* Silvia: Really?

178 orbs left.

1. 4* Raigh: No.

173 orbs left.

1. 3* Selena: Reposition fodder.

168 orbs left.

1. 5* B!Micaiah: A very nice 4* Special! +Atk/-HP, so fine merge fodder for my current +Atk/-Def copy.

163 orbs left.

1. 3* Roy: No.
  2. 4* Seth: No.

154 orbs left.

1. 3* Mamui: No.

149 orbs left.

1. 5* Kjelle: Another 4* Special, and a new unit to boot! +Def/-HP is decent enough.

144 orbs left.

1. 4* Eirika: No.
  2. 3* Marth: No.
  3. 4* A!Tiki: No.

131 orbs left.

1. 5* Luke: So many 4* Specials...Unfortunately +Spd/-Atk is horrible on him.

126 orbs left.

1. 4* Hana: No.

121 orbs left.

1. 3* Raigh: No.

116 orbs left.

1. 4* Caeda: No.

111 orbs left.

1. 5* Guinivere: Okay then! +Def/-HP is awful, so merge fodder for my +2 +Res copy.

There goes my pity rate. 106 orbs left.

1. 4* Fir: No.
  2. 3* Athena: No.

97 orbs left.

1. 3* Ares: No.

92 orbs left.

1. 5* Malice: Okay? +Res/-Atk is, again, awful, so merge fodder for my +Spd/-Res copy.

5 5* units, not a single focus unit. Figures. 87 orbs left.

1. 4* Silvia: No.
  2. 3* Lilina: No.

78 orbs left.

1. 5* Lene: Seriously? Another 4* Special...+Atk/-Spd is decent, but I'd rather merge into my +1 +Spd copy.

I'm getting everything except what I actually want. 73 orbs left.

1. 5* Nailah: That makes 4* Special #5. +Spd/-Res is excellent, but I think I'll merge into my +Atk/-Def copy.

68 orbs left.

1. 3* Erk: No.
  2. 5* Lucina: That took long enough! +Res/-HP is trash, but I'm content with my +3 +Atk copy anyway. Finally merge time.

I'm down to 59 orbs, with only one merge for Lucina to show for it. She's +4 now, but along the way I picked up a grand total of 7 other 5*s.

1. B!Micaiah merge (4* Special)
  2. Kjelle (4* Special)
  3. Luke (4* Special)
  4. Guinivere merge
  5. Malice merge
  6. Lene merge (4* Special)
  7. Nailah merge (4* Special)

This plus Lucina all came within 23 pulls and 109 orbs spent, not to mention the merge for Loki earlier. I'm not sure whether to be ecstatic that I got so much for so little or annoyed that Feh kept playing keep-away with my actual objective.

Decided to drop a quick 10 orbs on the mythic banner. And got 2 copies of Nanna on the same ring, only 3 summons in as well with my free summon the other day on this same banner being an A:Mareeta.. My luck on these banners has been on point lately.