Oh Feh, why must thou tease me so? Free Laegjarn on her weekly revival, while the misery on the CYL banner continues. +HP -Spd, no better than my +Def -Atk one, but I she has no decent fodder for my purposes, so merge it is.

EDIT: 90 pulls in and another partial reset, this time a +Spd -Atk Ascended Mareeta. Who is a very good pity-breaker, admittedly. Now at 4.5%, still 30 away from the spark. I genuinely can't decide whether to stick around for that last hero, or just call it quits both in terms of the banner and for FEH for the time being. To be clear, that's not because I'm upset, it was always the plan as soon as I was done with CYL, with nothing on the horizon until Christmas at the earliest.

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

186 pulls from the pirate rerun banner going for 6 copies of Hinoka to get her to +10:

• 6 Hinoka
  • 2 Surtr

And pity breakers:

• Ascended Ishtar
  • Ascended Idunn
  • Fallen Female Morgan
  • Ascended Idunn (again)
  • Dieck
  • Gatekeeper
  • Guinevere
  • Fallen Female Morgan (again)
  • Arthur (my first copy)
  • Arthur (again)
  • Annette
  • Fallen Female Morgan (again × 2)

3.2% Hinoka rate, 4.3% focus rate, 10.7% total 5-star rate.

One of the copies of Hinoka was +Spd, which lets me finally replace my old neutral merge base.

The pity breakers on this banner were wild. Three copies of Fallen Female Morgan and 2 copies each of Ascended Idunn and Arthur is a bit silly, especially since Idunn is not even the color I was sniping. Ishtar and the first Idunn were even from back-to-back sessions.

Both copies of Arthur are +Spd, which is super nice, especially for being my first copies of him.

49 pulls from the Double Special Heroes banner going for 3 copies of Robin to get her to +10:

• 2 Robin (+1 spark)
  • 3 Lyn

No pitybreakers.

10.2% focus rate and total 5-star rate.

Naturally, I get more copies of the unit I don't need copies of than the one I do. Two of those copies of Lyn were from the same session, and all of them were from before the spark.

But I can't really complain when my pull rate for the unit that I wanted was still above average (4.1% Robin rate).

And because I'm an idiot who hasn't learned his lesson about "just one more copy", I decided to go back and try my luck at pulling for Nina. 82 pulls:

• 5 Nina

Pity breakers:

• Nimue

6.1% focus rate, 8.5% total 5-star rate.

Combined with my previous attempts at pulling from this banner, I now have a 1.9% Nina rate and a 2.8% focus rate, which is still bad, just not as bad as before.

Four of the 5 copies of Nina were from the first 39 pulls, the first two of which were from the same session. At this rate, I'm definitely not going to learn my lesson. I'm glad to have Nina at +10, though it did come a day late for last week's Arena season (I decided it wasn't worth it to use Fjorm as a bonus unit and decided to drop to Tier 20 for a week; I was also running on 46 hours of no sleep and decided I would rather sleep than run more Arena than I had to).

So Weekly Revival 15 (the one with Swordhardt, Hardin, Greolwen) gave me a blue Fallen Hero as a freebie 5*, it just wasn't Hardin though:

Spoiler

7mPMla6.jpg

And she's now the fifth blue Fallen Hero combat manual in my stockpile (the others are Hardin, Berkut, Dimitri, and Muarim). I might use her as a merge down the line if I don't find someone that I'd really want to have B Duel Infantry 4.

Meanwhile, I finished up on the Hero Fest and got Ascended Laegjarn (sparked so neutral IVs) and Muspell (+Atk/-HP).

As for CYL6, I used my five free pulls (and got nothing of note) and redeemed Tiki as my freebie....and that'll be all I spend on CYL6. There'll be plenty of better opportunities in the future to get the other three.

So I've been crossing my fingers for a Duo Nina to feed to Merrybilis, hoping to snag one on the way to the spark. I got two off-banner Asc. Florinas instead, who I didn't really need because I already sparked her from her debut banner.

Since I still needed Florid Knives (which I have secured now), I decided to keep sniping Colorless until a pitybreak. I ended up with a third off-banner Asc. Florina.

Yes, this covers my S/D Far Trace needs for the foreseeable future, but this now means I'm going to be trying for Duo Nina at the same time that I'm finishing Merrybilis' merges since they both rerun in December, which is what I was trying to avoid. Feels like I'm asking for sweet lemonade and getting delicious orange juice instead, which wouldn't be so bad if the OJ weren't being forced down my throat.

Edited by Some Jerk

95 pulls into CYL and I've nabbed a +Atk -Def Hapi, who seems ideal. Very much a likeness to the Ophelia of the same nature that I picked up earlier this banner.

Just one focus unit out of all these pulls is pretty awful, and the 5-star rate in general has been poor, but at least I'm lucking out on the identity and assets of the pitybreakers, with the other two being +Atk CYL Marianne and +Spd Ascended Mareeta. The cleaned up pitybreaker pool really showing through.

I'm down to 3.5% now and I'm comfortable abandoning that, even if 25 more pulls for another spark is on offer. I can simply claim Seliph as the freebie now to have the full set of CYL units, but there's no reason to bother actually doing so just yet. With the quintuple XP/SP event over, I'll just leave all my new acquisitions for whenever I return to the game. On that topic, having decided the current batch of Formas are not for me, as of now I consider myself in full hibernation once again. Not completely uninstalling and I will keep an eye on the news for big freebies or super valuable TT units (like Young Innes last year), but I'm glad to end the daily grind. Be seeing you guys, and take care.

7 banners to pull from this time. Starting with red on the Dodge banner.

1. 3* Miranda: No.

Green for Perilous Seas.

1. 4* Reyson: No.

Green for Weekly Revival 15.

1. 4* Soren: No.

Blue for Weekly Revival 35.

1. 4* Tailtiu: No.

Green for the Double Special banner.

1. 3* Atlas: Well, at least you're new. Neutral is acceptable enough.

Green again for the BHB banner.

1. 4* Reinhardt: Or not.

And lastly red for Pirate's Pride.

1. 4* Seliph: No.

No freebies, but adding Atlas to the catalog is nice compensation. Now to await the Legendary banner.

In the end, I couldn't get Thrasir (again.) HOWEVER. I did manage to get Pirate Veronica with my free pull! And she's +atk! (-def, though.) So, yay! ^_^

Grey for the BHB banner.

1. 4* Kaze: No.

Grey again for Weekly Revival 16.

1. 4* Klein: No.

Blue for Weekly Revival 56.

1. 4* Catria: No.

Red for the Bonfire banner.

1. 3* Cain: No.

And now for the Legendary banner. Only blues and greens this time around. 217 orbs isn't a fantastic supply, so let's see where my luck takes me.

Spoiler
  1. 3* Shigure: No.
  2. 4* Odin: No.

Not a good start. 213 orbs left.

1. 3* Sully: No.
  2. 4* Altena: No.

204 orbs left.

1. 3* Sully: Really?
  2. 3* Cherche: No.

195 orbs left.

1. 3* Marcia: No.
  2. 3* Tatiana: No.
  3. 4* Orochi: No.

I think the 3* rate is broken. 182 orbs left.

1. 3* Oscar: No.
  2. 3* Mordecai: No.
  3. 5* Triandra: Very nice. +Atk/-Spd is decent enough for a dancer.

That's one 5*. I'll try for at least one more before stopping. 169 orbs left.

1. 4* Catria: No.
  2. 3* Hawkeye: No.

160 orbs left.

1. 3* Nowi: No.
  2. 4* Marcia: No.
  3. 3* Florina: No.

147 orbs left.

1. 3* Benny: No.
  2. 3* Karin: No.

138 orbs left.

1. 4* Mamui: No.

133 orbs left.

1. 3* Altena: No.
  2. 3* Sully: No.
  3. 4* Libra: No.

120 orbs left.

1. 5* L!Myrrh: Not Deirdre, but awesome nonetheless! Unfortunately +Spd/-Atk is crap, but she's good enough as is.
  2. 4* Hawkeye: No. I might as well finish the circle to have a clean 100 orbs left over.
  3. 5* L!Seliph: I guess he decided to show up in place of his mother. +Atk/-Spd is extremely good, although his new Brave version means he's obsolete anyway.
  4. 4* Azama: No.
  5. 3* Priscilla: A disappointing end to the session.

A very nice session, albeit one with a disproportionate number of 3*s for some reason. 117 orbs netted me Triandra, L!Myrhh, and L!Seliph. Shame I couldn't get Deirdre to come along with her eldest child, but I'll take what I got.

It's not good going guys, not good at all. So far I have only 4 copies of Deirdre, but i have spent all my orbs from the normal paralogues and story modes. half way through the hard/lunatic paralogues. Luck is trolling me so hard. What's worse, i have spent about 20 stamina potions and have only 60 something left. I may run out of them today or tomorrow, each orb is coming at a 10/9 stamina cost. I never thought it would be stamina that limits me the most here lol

Luck is so mean-spirited some times....

Spoiler

741792904_Screenshot_20220902-131906_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.c42ef35bba21f25e044cbad6150d7a44.jpg

1069610361_Screenshot_20220902-132044_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.148e0fbb03c443e45ffac01e73ef7eb1.jpg

424 pulls from the Legendary Hero banner:

• 10 Deirdre (+1 spark)
  • 15 Fae
  • 10 Myrrh
  • 1 Triandra
  • 1 Gustav
  • 1 Rhea

9.0% focus rate, which is a bit higher than average (by about 2 pulls). 2.4% Deirdre rate, which is probably a bit below average (but probably by less than 1 pull), even if you account for sessions without a blue orb.

Can't really complain about the lopsided pulls since my Deirdre rate was not the usual awfulness, and Fae is good fodder.

21 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Luck is so mean-spirited some times....

Oof. That screenshot is way too relatable.

It's  not going to happen, lol....

I'm starting to accept it. I don't have the time, the stamina, or the orbs sadly. So far....

950~ orbs spent, roughly. I don't even know how i managed to farm all that.

217 pulls

* 6 Deirdre

* 6 Fae

* 7 Myrr

* 1 F!Rhea

* 1 Thorr

*1 Triandra

I haven't touched the legendary hero battles; we should be getting the tempest trials a few days before the banner disappears, may be. I found out the chain challenges on lunatic give you orbs and i have never touched them; who knows how many orbs there are there. 47 paralogues on lunatic left. All of books 1 - 5 on lunatic untouched. Surely that's still a good supply of orbs?

But i only have 32 stamina potions left, from my starting supply of 86; that's only 320 orbs. Doesn't matter how many orbs i can still farm, i'm pretty hard capped on how much i can get. And ultimately, i don't have the time to farm it, ha.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oof. That screenshot is way too relatable.

Congratulations on finishing yours! The feeling when you see 3 - 5 pity breakers parade before you until you ever get one copy of the character you want (multiple times) is up there on the worse experiences on a gacha. But if it took you over 400 pulls to get it done, then that pretty much confirms what i expect from my own attempts.

well, i'll at least farm those 32 potions worth of orbs; perhaps luck would give me one last helping hand for this year.

I feel like this legendary has been awful luck. I am 35 picks in and I have Seliph. No pity breakers. Over 10% for the second time. 
Also, my last four 5* units have been a weird set - Legendary Seliph, Brave Seliph, Catherine (Hoshido banner, was pulling for Micaiah) and Silque. Outside of Hoshido I wasn’t pulling for reds, they were just the only reason new throwing red stars…besides Silque. She just has shown up like three times lately.

3* Ross free pull on the Flame Tribe banner. Meh, I'll wait until a DSH to get the new Lyn. 

I went back to the CYL5 banner because I want to merge Tiki as much as I can. It hasn't gone well. At all. She's at +2 right now, with me only getting 1 copy and the other 2 coming from a spark and the freebie. Green is pity breaker after pity breaker. Gatekeeper, F!Gustav, someone I foddered immediatly (probably Artur). 

I also got another F!Byleth from a circle with only Colorless and blue (already got a +Spd -Res Chrom and I'm not going to merge the guy when I have B!Eirika). Her fodder is good, but I chose the merge because she was kinda fun to play with in SD. 

The legendary banner was awful to me. Less than 4%, and no pity breakers. Somehow the fire banner today…I got Rinkah on my third pick. I didn’t really want anyone specifically just someone for bonus while I got Mordecai, so was glad to use 8 orbs (and the free summon) for that.

427 pulls from the festival banner:

• 5 Tana (+1 spark)
  • 3 Lyn
  • 1 Muspell
  • 4 5-star Rinkah
  • 8 4-star Rinkah
  • 16 pity breakers

3.0% focus rate, which is below average (by about 1 pull), though only 9 of the 13 actually matter. 6.8% overall 5-star rate, which is above average (by about 1 pull).

Got a +Spd copy for each of Tana, Lyn, and Rinkah, so I'm good with merge bases on all of them.

Notable pity breakers were my first ever copy of Gatrie (neutral) and my first +Spd copy of Fallen Dimitri.

I'm planning on doing some more pulls later to see if I can get Tana and Lyn to +10, but that'll probably be a few weeks away. This past month has been rough on my wallet with the phantom thief banner, the CYL banner, and FGO's summer event.

So I'm 25 summons into Bite of Flame, and I'm pretty content:

• 4* FT Rinkah (+Spd/-Res), New
  • FT Muspell (+Def/-HP), New
  • CYL Alm, used for a merge (+0 -> +1)
  • Zeke, donated Atk/Def Catch 4 and Def/Res Menace to Haar
  • FT Lyn (+Def/-Res), New

Only Tana & Peony remain to get, and at worst the spark will ensure that I get them.

Other recent 5 star pulls:

• From Luthier & Delthea BHB banner: free pull Delthea (merge level up to +5).....as a 4* Special pull and not a Focus one
  • From Legendary Deirdre's banner: Tibarn, Keaton and Idunn (Tibarn and Keaton up to +2 merges, Idunn up to +3) as 4* Special pulls (with Tibarn and Keaton being back-to-back pulls)
  • From Life & Death 3 TT+ banner: free pull Rinkah (+Spd/-Def), New

Green for the Festival in Hoshido.

1. 3* Merric: No.

Green again for Weekly Revival 17.

1. 3* Mustafa: No.

Green again for Weekly Revival 36.

1. 4* Rath: No.

Red for the TT banner.

1. 4* Lon'qu: No.

Grey for Ascendant!Fjorm's banner and its tickets.

1. 3* Vyland: No.
  2. 4* Lena: No.
  3. 3* Leon: No.
  4. 3* Atlas: No.
  5. 3* Gordin: No.

And now for the Flame banner. I'm just aiming for Tana and Peony, since 193 orbs isn't as many as I'd be comfortable with.

Spoiler
  1. 5* Edelgard: A nice 4* Special. +HP/-Def is poor, but I've already got a +Atk/-Spd copy already to merge into.
  2. 4* Bartre: No.
  3. 3* Cecilia: No.
  4. 5* Edelgard: Are you serious? This might be the most improbable thing that's ever happened to me in this game. +Def/-Res, more merge fodder.
  5. 3* Selena: Reposition fodder.

My mind is genuinely boggled. Two identical 4* Specials in one circle...Anyway, 178 orbs left.

1. 4* Balthus: No.

173 orbs left.

1. 3* Oscar: No.

168 orbs left.

1. 4* Soren: No.

163 orbs left.

1. 4* Ross: No.

158 orbs left.

1. 5* Ronan: Okay, sure. +HP/-Def is decent enough, so welcome aboard.

153 orbs left.

1. 4* Roderick: No.

148 orbs left.

1. 4* Clair: No.

143 orbs left.

1. 4* Reyson: No.
  2. 3* Hawkeye: No.

134 orbs left.

1. 4* Cath: Reposition fodder.
  2. 4* Frederick: No.

125 orbs left.

1. 3* Cherche: No.

120 orbs left.

1. 4* Cherche: No.

115 orbs left.

1. 3* Echidna: No.
  2. 4* Sheena: No.

106 orbs left.

1. 4* Gordin: No.

101 orbs left.

1. 4* Jagen: No.

96 orbs left.

1. 3* Lex: Reposition fodder.

91 orbs left.

1. 5* Nagi: Another 4* Special. +Atk/-Spd is good, but I've already got a +1 +Atk copy. Merge time.

Lots of nice stuff, none of what I actually want. 86 orbs left.

1. 3* Nino: No.

81 orbs left.

1. 4* Nowi: No.

76 orbs left.

1. 4* Camilla: No.

71 orbs left.

1. 4* Cherche: No.

66 orbs left.

1. 5* Harmonic!Tana: Finally! Unfortunately +Res/-Atk is awful, but I'll take what I can get. I'll finish the circle and leave this banner with that.
  2. 5* Exalted!Chrom: Yet another 4* Special. +Atk/-Def would have been much better on Tana, especially since I already have a +1 +Atk copy like with Nagi.
  3. 5* Flame!Lyn: Yes! +Def/-Spd is also awful, but once again I'll take what I can get.
  4. 3* Tatiana: No.
  5. 4* Niles: No.

Once again I've gotten way more 5*s than I really deserve. 147 orbs netted me both Tana and Lyn, Ronan, and 4 4* Special merges: Exalted!Chrom, Nagi, and 2 copies of Edelgard both in the first circle.

Spoiler

This was surreal, to say the least.

OUy0xUq.jpg?2

Got a B!Seliph on a circle with no greens. That was helpful as my first copy of him was -Spd and he really wants his speed to be intact to work. 

I also spent 5 orbs on the Flame banner and got a +Res -Hp F!Lyn from them. I don't know how useful she'll be but she's welcome in my barracks to keep my Lyn collection at 100%.

So I lied earlier about skipping Bite of Flame, as I decided that some of my units might really want some Flame Gunbais. So against my better judgment, I went for the spark and ended up with a good haul:

• Flame Rinkah x3
  • Flame Tana (+Atk/-HP)
  • Takumi (4* Special) (+HP/-Atk)
  • Flame Lyn (Spark) (Neutral)

I'm still rather sore about the inheritance restrictions of Godlike Reflexes, but I'm more likely to find a use for it than Dragon's Wrath 4 since my only frequently-used dragons are better off with Dragon Wall -- F!Grima might have an argument, but Fallen Ninian ain't doing shit with it with less than 50 Atk.

Unfortunately, this choice has left me empty on orbs at a very inopportune moment. Phina's weekly revival landed right between Bite of Flame and New Heroes, after my old orb stash has been spent and before I can stockpile a new stash for getting the next Ascendant Floret. With my luck drained by Flame Tana, I doubt my Phina is leaving this week beyond the +3 she started at. I don't think the timing could've been worse if IntSys planned it...

Edited by Some Jerk

Mission failed, guys. After a long and difficult grind, I only managed to get Deirdre to +8. I'm bitter at my lack of self-restraint in the past months for not saving up and also for putting everything i had on the banner right before hers. I will also forever hate color-sharing banners.

The grind, which i started at roughly 50~ orbs when her banner dropped, was too much to keep up with on top of my job schedule and other stuff in life and in my last efforts, i had sunk 300+ orbs with no copies of her to show for it, at which point i accepted that it would not happen.

Here's the final numbers and the total haul from this ordeal:

Spoiler

355 pulls

9 Deirdre

9 fae

9 myrrh

2 thorr

1 triandra

2 rhea

1 corrin

Special 4*s

F!Berkut

Linde

Hinoka

Ced

Perceval

Petra

549974449_Screenshot_20220914-133117_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.abcedbffe1f1ebd4ce8509585d289388.jpg

In other banners, i managed a free Hatari Azura off the double special heroes banner and L!Lyn in 7 pulls so far on Julia's remix banner.