First, blue for the Moonbow banner.

1. 3* Silas: Reposition fodder.

Blue again for Weekly Revival 30.

1. 3* Shanna: Desperation fodder.

Blue yet again for Weekly Revival 63.

1. 3* Mathilda: No.

Red for Seior's banner. I don't really care for Ophelia, but better someone new than a merge for a Hero that's already free.

1. 3* Cath: Reposition fodder.
  2. 4* Eliwood: No.
  3. 4* Guy: No.
  4. 4* Palla: No.
  5. 3* Palla: No.

Ugh. Well, better here than a banner I actually want to pull on. As for the 4* Special banner, grey looks like the color I'm missing the largest percentage of Heroes from.

1. 5* Takumi: Well, I guess he wanted to meet his son. Shame I couldn't get someone better though. +Res/-HP is meh, so merge fodder for my neutral +2 copy.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caeldori showed up early and Ophelia showed up at pull 40... I thought about it and sparked another Caeldori for the merge over another rearmed simply because Caeldori is my girl, even though I also love Ophielia..

Both of them got Florets, been awhile since I last used one, had like 10 lying around...

Now eagerly waiting for Gullveig...

Man, these 3 made me more interested in playing, was just going through the motions lately...

Grey for the New Power banner.

1. 3* Lucius: No.

Grey again for Weekly Revival 31.

1. 4* Norne: No.

Blue for Weekly Revival 43.

1. 4* Peri: No.

And lastly grey once more for the weekly 4* Special.

1. 5* B!Celica: Or not. Three blues and two reds. I do use her relatively often in certain modes, so it could be worse. +Atk/-Def is good, but my current copy is +1 +Atk.

No greys on the arena freebie so I went green over red, which is something I've been unsure about. A Mamori is a disappointing result for someone who doesn't like armours, but +Def -Spd is a big upgrade over my old copy who had ...exactly the opposite nature, so I'll allow it. Not that she has any fodder I'd use, so it's a merge anyway with the new one as the base.

Scrolling through the banners reminded me that I hadn't actually finished sparking the Fates banner yet and was on 34/40. Only could afford a single round though, and after debating whether to open the one blue orb, I did so and got a merge for Ylgr, who goes to +2 +Spd.

Besides that, I did get a OG Claude from his revival banner. He gains his first merge, and also gets to swap his Def boon for an Atk one.

The free pull from the New Power banner got me another Ascended Laegjarn. Wrong 5-star, but another copy of A/D Far Trace is certainly welcome since she's already +10.

The weekly 4-star SR pull was Leila, who is now +5. Nice.

Just going for the customary single full round. Was disappointed that it was four reds and a grey, but the very first one was a +Atk -Spd Dorothea, so I'll take it.

I'd forgotten the Winter seasonal banner is uniquely sparkable, so there's actually a non-zero temptation to spark for the Harmonic since opportunities like this don't come about often. However that's purely theoretical at the moment because I have five orbs - this relies on me having nothing better to pull on in the month before this banner expires.

Initial pulls on the Winter banner just to clear out all of the sparks. I would like to get some sleep, so I'll pull more later in the day.

I'll be pulling blue and colorless until I get a +10 Annette with priority to green if there is no blue or colorless. Once I finish Annette, I'll be pulling blue until I get a +10 Cordelia with priority to green then colorless if there is no blue. Annette ends up having higher priority than Dorothea because she has Crafty Fighter as a 4-star pull, which is super useful.

121 pulls:

• 2 Cordelia (+1 spark)
  • 0 Black Knight (+1 spark)
  • 0 Dorothea (+1 spark)
  • 2 5-star Annette
  • 5 4-star Annette
  • 3 pity breakers
    • Monica
    • Ascended Laegjarn
    • Ascended Joshua

3.3% focus rate is basically exactly average. 5.8% 5-star rate is below average by 1 pull.

As usual, I seem to be a magnet for Ascended units, but only the older ones.

Only took 30 total pulls to get +Res -Spd Christmas Cordelia/Severa.
Within those 29 other pulls were Ascended Eir, Ascended Hilda (who I didn't have before now), and Ascended Ishtar. You will note 2 of those units are not Blue.

I... guess I can do 10 more pulls to get a sparkable unit, but I'm sure as hell not sending another dime on such. That might lead to the mistaken belief that I want more 3H christmas units...

My banner luck was weird. Just weird. Got 4-star special mage Eirika and my first female Kana ever and pushed over 4% until I got Black Knight on the ... what, 35th summon? No Annette's either, which I guess I just expect at this point. Well, at least I got the Black Knight, I was a bit worried that I was going to leave the banner with 5% rate and no focus unit minus the spark.

This is probably because my luck was ridiculous on the Fates banner and I got free Arthur on the TT+ banner.

the universe hates me and at times likes to make an example of me. Had 96 orbs on hand, about 37 on reserves. The plan was snipe blue as priority with green > red as the other options. The dream was either Cordelia or BK in the 40 with the other as the spark. And the universe said.............

1x Duessel

1x Zeke

1x F!Kris

1x Ced (4* special)

1x Pent

1x Est

1x Cordelia (sparked)

In many ways getting these results angers/irritates me more than not getting pity breakers at all. The game couldn't even roll me an ascended. Instead i get these, most of which have fodder that is mostly useless or aged out by now. Kind of ruined the whole process for me, by the time i picked up Cordelia on the spark i had lost all the excitement i had for the unit when i started.

So in my last 5 summons I ended up getting the Harmonic so I don't have to spark for them! Which gives me leeway to choose between a second Black Knight or my first Dorothea. But either way, this is a good outcome.

They're +spd -atk, like Black Knight. I guess it's a +spd -atk Christmas in my version of Askr!

Continuing my pulls from the Winter banner from last night.

34 pulls on both blue and colorless to finish getting merges for Annette (prioritizing green, then red if no blue or colorless):

• 1 Cordelia
  • 1 5-star Annette
  • 3 4-star Annette
  • 2 pity breakers
    • Echoes Est
    • Yuri

Combined with the previous set, this comes out to a 3.9% focus rate, which is about 1 pull above average, and a 7.1% 5-star rate, which is also about 1 pull above average. Not bad.

131 pulls on just blue (prioritizing green, then colorless, then red if no blue):

• 7 Cordelia
  • 2 Black Knight
  • 1 4-star Annette
  • 5 pity breakers
    • Ascended Ishtar
    • Ymir
    • Zeke
    • Nifl
    • Female Kris

6.9% focus rate is comically high, above average by about 5 pulls. 10.7% total 5-star rate is above average by an additional half of a pity breaker pull or so.

Total 286 pulls across the entire banner:

• 10 Cordelia (+1 spark)
  • 2 Black Knight (+1 spark)
  • 0 Dorothea (+1 spark)
  • 3 5-star Annette
  • 9 4-star Annette
  • 10 pity breakers

5.2% focus rate is 6 pulls above average, functionally 1 copy of Cordelia plus all of the non-Cordelia focus pulls. 8.7% 5-star rate is an additional 1 pity breaker above average.

Overall a very good run with good Assets on both Cordelia and Annette. Both of my Black Knight pulls were +HP, which is unfortunate, but I'm not too concerned about him.

I am very under budget on this banner, and that makes me happy.

Edited by Ice Dragon

43 pulls on the new banner.

- 5* Holiday Annette
- 5* Holiday Burger King
- 4* Special Micaiah
- 5* Harmonized Cordelia
- 4* Elice (First!)
- 4* Special Kliff
- 5* Rinkah
- 5* Holiday Dorothea (Spark)

Bought a couple of the cheap Orb Packs to complete this. Very satisfied with the results.

I wasn't gonna pull hard on Holiday Handoff because I need to finish Merrybilis in a few days, but I couldn't say no to a new dancer, so I went for one spark.

• W!Black Knight (+Atk/-Spd)
  • W!Dorothea (+Def/-Atk)
  • W!Dorothea (+Res/-Atk)
  • Asc!Fjorm (+Def/-HP)
  • W!Annette (4*) (+Def/-Spd)
  • W!Black Knight (+Res/-Atk)
  • Harmo!Cordelia (Spark) (Neutral)

With the exception of needing to spend trait fruits, to say it went well would be a dramatic understatement. I'm not even bothering with the extra sparks.

Edited by Some Jerk

First things first, red for the Catch banner.

1. 4* Soleil: No.

Green for the TT banner.

1. 3* Titania: No.

And now for the Holiday Handoff. Only going for the first spark since I've only got 184 orbs. My main goal is Harmonic!Cordelia, but I'd also like to pick up Annette along the way.

Spoiler
  1. 3* Virion: No.
  2. 3* Leon: No.
  3. 4* Scathach: No.
  4. 3* Nino: No.
  5. 3* Lex: Reposition fodder.

That was a trash first circle. Now to grab blues and greys only. 169 orbs left.

1. 4* Seteth: No.
  2. 3* Chad: No.
  3. 4* Winter!Annette: Alright, that's one goal complete. +Atk/-HP is pretty good.

156 orbs left.

1. 5* Harmonic!Cordelia: Excellent! +HP/-Spd isn't so excellent, but a merge can fix that.
  2. 4* Lukas: No.

Since I got both my targets so quickly, I might as well just pull everything to see whom I can get. 147 orbs left.

1. 4* Caeda: No.
  2. 4* Cordelia: Not quite right...
  3. 4* Peri: No.
  4. 4* Brady: No.
  5. 3* Natasha: No.

127 orbs left.

1. 3* Subaki: No.
  2. 3* Oscar: No.
  3. 3* Camilla: No.
  4. 3* Lachesis: No.
  5. 4* Klein: No.

107 orbs left.

1. 3* Roderick: No.
  2. 3* Nowi: No.
  3. 4* Lex: Reposition fodder.
  4. 4* Python: No.
  5. 4* Nanna: No.

87 orbs left.

1. 3* L'Arachel: No.
  2. 4* Echidna: No.
  3. 3* Fae: No.
  4. 5* Bernadetta: Okay. +Def/-Res is bad, so merge fodder for my current +Spd/-Def copy.
  5. 5* Takumi: I just got you from the first 4* Special freebie banner. +Spd/-Res is good, but I can't be bothered, so merge fodder for my +3 neutral copy.

Not the greatest 5*s I could have pulled. 67 orbs left.

1. 3* Palla: No.
  2. 4* Valbar: No.
  3. 4* Hawkeye: No.
  4. 3* Luthier: No.
  5. 4* Sothe: No.

47 orbs left. Last circle...

1. 4* Guy: No.
  2. 3* Marth: No.
  3. 4* Effie: No.
  4. 3* Ricken: No.
  5. 3* Klein: No.

Sparking for Harmonic!Cordelia to give her that merge, then trying one last circle with my 27 remaining orbs.

1. 4* Tatiana: No.
  2. 3* Sheena: No.
  3. 4* Tanya: No.
  4. 4* Kagero: No.
  5. 4* Klein: No.

That did not go very well. 177 orbs and 45 pulls got me Harmonic!Cordelia, a pity-breaker Bernadetta, a 4* Special Takumi, and a single 4* Winter!Annette, which is about the bare minimum I can get while still being more or less within expectations. I might come back here to try to kill my pity-rate, but I do have to wonder if that's petty spite talking.

Well, it looks like karma from the Winter banner caught up with me.

But first, my free Arena ticket this week got me Luke. Record-keeping:

Spoiler
  1. Brave Veronica
  2. Leila
  3. Luke

108 pulls on the Double Special Heroes banner got me a paltry:

• 2 Lyn (+1 spark)
  • 2 Cath

3.7% focus rate is garbage and is a full 3 pulls below average.

No longer under budget. Depending on what FGO does later this month, I might have to reduce my pulls on the upcoming Legendary Heroes banner to stay under budget. And then there's the upcoming AHR banner. Ugh.

Figures I get another armour for the weekly, but at least one with passable mobility in Sad Tiki. She could go to +4 if I merged all my copies, which I might because who am I going to give Special Fighter to anyway?

Did a full round on double seasonal, and that got me a neutral Duo Nina. Better than my existing +Res -Def probably, and I might just merge because even though she has very premium skills, passing on Atk/Spd Catch invalidates everything else and so I'd be stuck in decision paralysis anyway.

47 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Did a full round on double seasonal, and that got me a neutral Duo Nina. Better than my existing +Res -Def probably, and I might just merge because even though she has very premium skills, passing on Atk/Spd Catch invalidates everything else and so I'd be stuck in decision paralysis anyway.

If Nina is at all being considered for use as skill fodder, I recommend passing Lethality and Chill Def/Res 3 instead of Atk/Spd Catch 4.

There are more units in the standard summoning pool with Atk/Spd Catch 4 (5) than there are units in the entire game with Lethality or Chill Def/Res 2 combined (4 if you don't count Nina twice).

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If Nina is at all being considered for use as skill fodder, I recommend passing Lethality and Chill Def/Res 3 instead of Atk/Spd Catch 4.

Yeah, I liked using her as a unit back in her TT, and she's been good for some LHB-type content, but besides that I have probably been underusing her which causes this sort of decision to come up in the first place. The main argument against it I guess is that I do remember doing some basic research on Lethality recipients and there being no obvious answer besides Kaze, and building infantry is not generally my thing.

In the end though I suspect I'll sit on the decision until one of various things happen: Atk/Spd Catch 3 appearing on an accessible unit, quintuple-inheritance becoming a thing, a Rearmed dagger appears to really open up the option, or some other modern unit (or refine) arrives to do similar.

I'll try not to leap into merging low-moderately used units after recently making that mistake with Legendary Nanna because if I hadn't, I could have multiplied the quad-inheritance of Arcane Opheliaweapon, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Push 4 and Atk/Spd Menace already to a couple of units. Now I'm stuck waiting for a good flexible tier 4 C-skill before I can use her for SI at all.

A ton of banners to pull this week, starting with grey on Weekly Revival 32.

1. 5* Helbindi: Huh, not too shabby. +Spd/-HP is bad, so merge fodder for my +1 +Res copy.

Red for Weekly Revival 64.

1. 4* Roy: No.

Blue for the BHB banner.

1. 4* Oboro: No.

Green for the Double Special banner.

1. 3* Cecilia: No.

Red for A Festival Miracle.

1. 3* Hinata: No.
  2. 3* Scathach: No.
  3. 3* Erk: No.
  4. 5* Galzus: Nice. Not Harmonic-level nice, but you can never go wrong with Surge Sparrow. +Atk/-Def is good as well.

A pleasant surprise. Now grey for Winter Dreamland.

1. 4* Kaze: No.
  2. 4* Lachesis: No.
  3. 4* Klein: No.
  4. 4* Leon: No.

Red for L!Shez's banner since I don't have L!Lilina or L!Sigurd.

1. 3* Sophia: No.
  2. 4* Erk: No.
  3. 3* Eliwood: No.
  4. 3* Olivia: No.

That irritates me. Grey for the weekly 4* Special.

1. 5* Caineghis: Alright, not bad. +Spd/-Atk is awful, but I already have a +1 +Def copy. Merge time.

And lastly back to the Christmas banner to try to kill my pity rate. 95 orbs on hand.

Spoiler
  1. 4* Bantu: No.
  2. 4* Roy: No.
  3. 3* Roderick: No.
  4. 3* Thea: No.
  5. 5* Ninian: Not a great 4* Special. +Res/-Spd is okay, but I'll just keep my current +1 +Atk copy.

Not what I was looking for. 75 orbs left.

1. 4* Caeda: No.
  2. 4* Ogma: No.
  3. 4* Camilla: No.
  4. 4* Boey: No.
  5. 4* Winter!Annette: Great, a merge for her at last. I prefer my current +Atk/-HP as a base compared to this copy's +Def/-Atk, so merge time.

I'm happy about Annette, but now my pity rate's up to 4.25%. 55 orbs left.

1. 4* Laslow: No.
  2. 3* Scathach: No.
  3. 4* Arthur: No.
  4. 3* Niles: No.
  5. 5* Winter!Annette: I should have known better than to pull greys after she got a merge. There goes my pity rate...+Atk/-HP like my original, so she's +2 now.

60 orbs got me a 4* Special Ninian and two copies of Winter!Annette, one 4* and one 5*. It's not bad purely in terms of orbs per unit, but the units really could have stood to be better. The 5* Winter!Annette especially annoys me because she killed a 4.25% pity rate that I would have much rather used up on any other focus unit. Well, I got two free 5*s earlier, so today wasn't too bad all things considered.

Ended up overcommitting on the Legendary banner because I foolishly sniped both blue and green instead of just blue. This led to being in too deep after the four discounted rounds and therefore feeling that I had to commit to getting at least one focus unit (having only picked up a single +Res -Atk Perceval during the ticket rounds). I did switch to pulling blue exclusively after that point though, and a +Def -Spd Shez turned up as pull 23, with nothing else coming out of it. Not great but at least it's the proper unit.

Better luck on the Winter 2020 banner which did give me the +Atk -Def Duo Altina sniping red in the ticket rounds, and a random Dorcas to end it. Nothing doing sniping grey on the other banner.

Nothing from the Winter banner tickets.

I ended up having incredible luck going for the spark on Shez's banner, pulling a total of 3 copies of Shez before the spark, so I decided to pull some more from the banner. And my luck just got progressively worse and worse, ending in a Chrom at 10.5% pity rate followed by another Chrom at 11.0% pity rate followed by another Chrom at 9.0% pity rate. This was at least followed by a Myrrh on the immediate next pull, but it was not until another 10.0% pity rate before getting anything else, which was another Myrrh. It has now been 131 pulls since my last Shez.

But in the end, I'm actually effectively par because of my luck at the start.

The first 40 pulls through the spark:

• 3 Shez (+1 spark)
  • 2 Myrrh
  • 1 Chrom

7.5% Shez rate. 15% focus rate, which is 2 and a half pulls above average.

And the remaining 138 pulls:

• 1 Shez
  • 3 Myrrh
  • 6 Chrom
  • 1 Seidr

0.7% Shez rate. 8.0% focus rate is slightly less than 1 pull below average.

Total 178 pulls:

• 4 Shez (+1 spark)
  • 5 Myrrh
  • 7 Chrom
  • 1 Seidr

2.2% Shez rate. 9.6% focus rate is about 2 pulls above average, but they're all Chrom.

I'll wait until after I see what's on the New Year banner and how much luck I have on it (since it's pretty much guaranteed to have something I want on it) before I continue pulling. Also after I see how much FGO decides to screw me over with its end of the year banners, I guess.

On the bright side, I did get a [+Spd, -Res] copy to use as a merge base.

Edited by Ice Dragon