3* Niles

3* Est

3* FCorrin

3* Subaki

3* Laslow

3* Florina

and...

5* Linde (+Def/-Res)

I've really wanted to get Linde from this banner and I finally got her! And with 35 orbs to spare! It took $55 to get it done and I had to trudge through Apple account issues but it was worth it in the end.

This might be the last time I'm able to pay for orbs in a while. The semester is ending and I can't volunteer for research studies during break, so I won't have a source of free money. While I do have some money in my bank account, I'd rather save it for something more important.

Edited by Levin's Scarf

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I ran the calculator, and if you slap on Luna onto the Brave Bow build, +Spd Setsuna actually has more wins than +Atk Setsuna, but only by like, two.

The thing about high Atk brave units is that they can often kill within 2 hits. This means A: You don't need desperation to kill certain things, and B: you can use specials other than Luna (since you don't need to quad-hit). You can see the same thing happening for Setsuna if you take the special off, Luna is a good chunk of +Spd's KOs, but +Atk loses less than 10, IRRC. (This means that you can grab a 4cd skill to net more KOs, which is a big part of why TKJ laughs at Setsuna---it's not just that their match-ups are better, it's also that they can afford to use their special on things that actually matter, rather than being forced to use it on everything.)

Goal: Get Merric, try for Leo.

3 star Arthur

3 star Sophia

Spoiler

tMqV4BY.jpg

I... um... ok. Not gonna complain. Upon further investigation however, it appears that I too have recieved @Rezzy's curse for this pull, as they're both -ATK. But getting them that fast, I don't really have room to complain about that :lol:

7 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

3 star Arthur

3 star Sophia

Hide contents

tMqV4BY.jpg

I... um... ok. Not gonna complain. Upon further investigation however, it appears that I too have recieved @Rezzy's curse for this pull, as they're both -ATK. But getting them that fast, I don't really have room to complain about that :lol:

I'll have you know -Atk/+Spd is the best IV for Leo! > : (

Edit: Kappa.

(Leo's default kit is good enough that he doesn't really care about IVs, to be honest. His strategy is: Hit melee, get repositioned\danced out of the way. Hit melee.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Splurged most of the orbs I was saving on the mages banner (just about 200), and had some good/bad luck as I ended up with a lot of chaff and a bunch of red mages...

I'm not quite sure which one to pick for the team (Anna, Lucina, Azura) after leveling them all... Any suggestions?

Lilina (+Spd -Def)

Sanaki (+Res -HP)

Tharja (+Atk - Res)

Spoiler

2UnD8em.png

50 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

3 star Arthur

3 star Sophia

Hide contents

tMqV4BY.jpg

Leo is my son, after all.  It's only appropriate that he inherit my curse.

I'm not sure if I should try Pull some more or not.  I've got my Leo, and even if I tried to focus for a better Nature, he shares Red with Henry.  I could try to Pull fem reds for Redblade, but I might get Sanaki by mistake.

When are you supposed to get the fortune Orbs?

If Rezzy doesn't post much today, it's because I'm feeling super sick today.  My stomach is all sorts of trying to kill me right now.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When are you supposed to get the fortune Orbs?

If Rezzy doesn't post much today, it's because I'm feeling super sick today.  My stomach is all sorts of trying to kill me right now.

May 11th! Also I hope you get better soon!

Decided to use my remaining Orbs from the previous purchase to do two full pulls on the Male Mage Banner.

Pull #52:

Spoiler

9WrVwaw.png

Not a bad pull despite no 5*, Lukas is new, and Hana is some good L&D fodder.

Pull #53, woah, what's this?

Spoiler

BkoQG0p.png

Another Ryoma? Well, he's +Atk/-HP but I think I'll just give him to my first Ryoma (Neutral) for an extra level. I've already passed down Vantage to that one anyway.

Spent $6 to try to get a hector before hero fest ended, and it worked on the first try! My team is now ephraim, Tiki, Takumi, and Hector (+Def -Atk Pretty bad Ivs apparently). Also first time replying to a forum post, i feel special.

24 minutes ago, WhatTheHector said:

Spent $6 to try to get a hector before hero fest ended, and it worked on the first try! My team is now ephraim, Tiki, Takumi, and Hector (+Def -Atk Pretty bad Ivs apparently). Also first time replying to a forum post, i feel special.

Congrats on the Hector!!! Seems fitting to get the character in your username. Even with -ATK, Hector is pretty bomb. Seems like you've got a pretty top tier team anyways, so you shouldn't have much to worry about. Just be smart with your strategy! :)

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Decided to use my remaining Orbs from the previous purchase to do two full pulls on the Male Mage Banner.

Pull #52:

Hide contents

9WrVwaw.png

Not a bad pull despite no 5*, Lukas is new, and Hana is some good L&D fodder.

Pull #53, woah, what's this?

Hide contents

BkoQG0p.png

Another Ryoma? Well, he's +Atk/-HP but I think I'll just give him to my first Ryoma (Neutral) for an extra level. I've already passed down Vantage to that one anyway.

Vantage would be inherited if you merged then +atk is +atk

33 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Congrats on the Hector!!! Seems fitting to get the character in your username. Even with -ATK, Hector is pretty bomb. Seems like you've got a pretty top tier team anyways, so you shouldn't have much to worry about. Just be smart with your strategy! :)

Thanks! I still need skills for tiki, any suggestions?

Attempted to replicate my success from the male side of the Mage Banner, with the Females - this time trying for any of them but Tharja:

4 ☆ Jagen

3 ☆ Raigh

3 ☆ Robin

4 ☆ Draug

4 ☆ Gwendolyn

3 ☆ Subaki

4 ☆ Raven

4 ☆ Marth

3 ☆ Olivia

4 ☆ Merric

4 ☆ Clair

4 ☆ Cain

3 ☆ Gunter

3 ☆ Shanna

3 ☆ Beruka

Guess not. Gonna save up until I have 20 to try again, since I'm pulling from 3 colors this time. Not gonna complain about Clair and another Marth and Merric though. (Though this one is -SPD and not 5 ☆ , so arguably worse than the 5 ☆ -ATK I had just pulled). I guess my luck had to run out eventually, considering I pulled everyone but Takumi (who I have already) from the Hero Fest banner, and got Ryoma/Leo/Merric out of the 75 orb bundle I had bought earlier in the week.

Edited by Tarilaan

5 hours ago, WhatTheHector said:

Thanks! I still need skills for tiki, any suggestions?

You'd have to specify which Tiki (Adult or Young)! They both play rather differently. I don't have any experience using Young Tiki, and Adult Tiki is a rather new addition to my roster, so I've only just started leveling her. I may not be the best person to ask. If you were to ask this same question in the Question Topic in this forum, I'm sure some beautiful people could answer it for you!

...So, with the defence orbs, I managed to get my 5* summon from the pool.

Unfortunately, it was Tharja.

More fortunately, I had a plan for that. Litrblade mayhem, and now a red mage can get Raourblade+. Which one, I don't know yet, but I want to use Lilina. I have Sophia, Henry, Raigh and Tharja herself as options, which the sensible part of me thinks might be better, but I like Lilina.

got to 20 orbs again after finishing all the special maps, so my quest to try to get soren continued

Spoiler

vMfrVHk.png

no greens this time... but at least it's someone new I guess???? don't think i'll use him but it's better than another subaki I suppose

Spoiler

KivIJiE.png

yeah okay

LVeLj1k.png

shit.

Spoiler

se3xeid.pngbVd7Eqc.png

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!
2 PULLS! THANK GOD! I WAS SO WORRIED I WOULDN'T GET HER.
YES.

1 hour ago, Sophie said:
  Hide contents

se3xeid.pngbVd7Eqc.png

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!
YES.

Congrats, I'm not at a computer, so can't check, but what's her nature?

Just now, Rezzy said:

-HP +Res

I don't inherit your curse too often, don't worry.
I can make this nature work.
I have plans.

1 hour ago, Sophie said:
  Hide contents

se3xeid.pngbVd7Eqc.png

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!
YES.

Just now, Rezzy said:

-HP +Res

I don't inherit your curse too often, don't worry.
I can make this nature work.
I have plans.