8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You say that, but I actually got a +Spd Ryoma (-Def instead of -Res though) from a pull on Spring Festival that I paid for.

Good for you! :D:

It's still a waste though

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

What would it take for you to join the lot of us who are OK with financially supporting this game down our fun little rabbit hole? A banner with Wedding!Oboro, Summer!Oboro, Casual!Oboro and Christmas!Oboro or something?

I would never spend money on this game, EVER.

There's nothing on this planet that would persuade me to do anything so stupid

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are people spending literally thousands of dollars to +10 these new Echoes units.

Don't get me wrong, I've been carving my way through the Chain Challenges for orbs to get a couple of particular units, but that kind of expenditure on such a transient thing is just madness.

Edited by Wanda

23 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Wow.

I get f2p being an acceptable thing or playstyle.

But you're just being an ass to those who support the game.

Not to mention no sympathy (or in my case, empathy) for people distraught from being spending money. There's having your views. And then there's just being a jerk.

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

So upset.  I spent $100.00 and lost my F2P status.  Instead of getting a summer gaius, which is all I wanted, I got my 5th Summer Frederick....

The summer banner is so cruel and whimsical. 

47 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I would never spend money on this game, EVER.

Don't worry Arcanite, or whatever your name was. It's a pokemon right? Well anyway, I know you mean to chastise people that pay only in jest.

Please let me back into the F2P club.

Just now, Gustavos said:

I know you mean to chastise people that pay only in jest

;P

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

NEVER

ONCE YOU LEAVE YOU NEVER COME BACK

Your only option is to repent, and delete your account! Start anew with no money invested into a clean and crisp account and vow to never spend money in it! 

Doing that will get you back in, but it may not be the smartest decision!

6 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I support the game by playing it :p

If everyone was free to play, the game would cease to exist.

Calling people that support it financially stupid especially when they regret it is called "being a jerk". Regardless of whether or not you do it in jest.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Don't worry Arcanite, or whatever your name was. It's a pokemon right? Well anyway, I know you mean to chastise people that pay only in jest.

Arcanite isn't the name of a Pokemon. Arcanine is however, which was probably the one you were thinking of. Though if Arcanine ever gets a Mega Evolution, its Mega Stone would probably be called Arcanite.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

You still have 14 days of hopefully free daily orbs and one daily orb quest for a few more chances.

I think the dailies end on the 20th and I don't think we'll be getting anymore orbs this month because we kind of already had our share.

The worst part is a +4 Summer!Frederick still has less BST than most units
No, the worst part is my Summer!Gaius is worthless and I need a new one -___-

1 hour ago, Oboro! said:

So you've never spent money at the grocery store for a candy bar you don't need?  

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Your only option is to repent, and delete your account! Start anew with no money invested into a clean and crisp account and vow to never spend money in it! 

Yikes, I haven't been told to delete my account in any game since my stint with League of Legends in high school...

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Arcanite isn't the name of a Pokemon. Arcanine is however, which was probably the one you were thinking of. Though if Arcanine ever gets a Mega Evolution, its Mega Stone would probably be called Arcanite.

Yeah, just feigning ignorance. The mega stone thing is funny though, never thought of that XD

So I've got 73 orbs saved up after today's arena pay day. Plus 53 more I could earn from Chain Challenge/Squad Assault and Chapter 12 hard mode if I was hurting for more. I definitely want to hunt colorless orbs in the summer banner for the remaining units, but I'm still paranoid that the CYL banner will begin the day after the summer banner ends. I've got about two weeks to consider this decision more, but tomorrow is the last confirmed day for daily orbs if I'm remembering the notifications correctly. 120 sounds like barely enough to score a bonus unit if my nightmare becomes reality. 

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

If everyone was free to play, the game would cease to exist.

Never said everyone should be free to play, just saying that spending money on this game is a waste~

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Never said everyone should be free to play, just saying that spending money on this game is a waste~

So you're electing a group of people who spend money on the game to keep it afloat while calling it wasteful.

That's pretty condescending and ungrateful of you.

I'll stop dragging this out. It's derailing the thread.

Edited by shadowofchaos

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

So you've never spent money at the grocery store for a candy bar you don't need?  

I don't eat candy bars LOL

I mostly cook, and when I don't cook, I eat cereal.

5 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Yikes, I haven't been told to delete my account in any game since my stint with League of Legends in high school...

LOL

I'm not being serious of course XD

If it helps, I can take your picture and put you on the F2P club wall of shame?

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's pretty condescending and ungrateful of you.

It really is, isn't it?

48 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I think the dailies end on the 20th and I don't think we'll be getting anymore orbs this month because we kind of already had our share.

The worst part is a +4 Summer!Frederick still has less BST than most units
No, the worst part is my Summer!Gaius is worthless and I need a new one -___-

Aren't there going to be 10 Orbs or something like that from the Tempest once it ends?

I can't remember if mentioned it, but I got 2 Grays, the inferior one (just guess what his bane was) was sacrificed to Olivia.  Now, every Sword and Lance unit I trained will get the benefit of double SP while leveling to level 40.  I managed to get Mathilda and Eldigan up to level 40 over the weekend.  My remaining Gray is +Spd,-Def, which seems like an okay nature for him.

Before I started picking red orbs in an attempt to pull Saber, I figured I should stockpile some orbs first.

Day 1, I go from 105-->13 orbs.

Fast forward to today, and I got some more orbs from Chain Challenge and the arena payout to attempt another pull. 87-->2 orbs.

The result?

1 5* Marth

1 +Spd -HP Corrin (M)

A lot of Vantage fodder.

A lot of Moonbow fodder.

A lot of Draugs.

Total spent: 177 free orbs.

The only new unit out of the bunch was Lilina, and I pulled one with +Res and another with -Spd. Thanks, game.

I also notably pulled 0 Roys and 0 Selenas, so there goes my backup plan for giving Cecilia Triangle Adept for arena this week. At least Sharena is well-built so I'm not too worried there, but it would be nice to run something different for a change.

That puts my current rate at 4.75%. This is painful. There's still over a week left to keep pulling or even buy some orbs if worst comes to worst, though, so I'll stay optimistic.

I can always feed a Nino to Cecilia or promote my new Corrin out of spite.

Okay, I've got 13 orbs. Let's go for the Summer Banner and try to get Robin or Tiki. 

IMG_0654.PNG

Okay, this is good. I have a chance to get any one of the Summer units. Let's go with the blue orb on the far right.

IMG_0655.PNG 

O _ O 

UM, OKAY. YOU'RE NOT ROBIN, BUT THIS IS JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER!

Edited by Lightning Grandmaster

3 hours ago, Oboro! said:

YOU TOO?

YOU....

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? WE WERE ALLIES! FREE TO PLAYERS IN A PAY TO WIN WORLD! AND HERE YOU ARE, BETRAYING ME! 

:(

I am sorry for your loss

Another one gone.... 

At least I know @mewyeon has no time for this.

Any amount of money spent on this game is a waste

I don't care if you pulled 5 +Spd -Res Ryomas in one pull with the money you spent, it's STILL not worth the money.

TREACHERY, I SAY, TREACHERY!!! (...we still love you Lushen)

After the arena awards, I got another 3 orbs and pulled a 3* Gordin.  I think it's my 4th one, not counting the couple 4* Gordins I pulled in the past.  If I end up not getting any summer units out of the banner despite the elevated pity rate, I'll be so sad...BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, I can use it as tangible evidence of my Arthur-esque luck.  Right? :D :D :D In the spring festival banner I managed to get both Spring Camilla and Spring Chrom, so I suppose I should be grateful for that much haha.  

Edited by mewyeon

So I made it my goal to get Alm from the tempest trial banner, after 2 summons this happened. Somehow I get the feeling this is the best this banner will let me have.

One of them is (+Atk -Res) The other (+HP -Atk). My main Faye is (+Spd -HP) so not sure which one I'll keep... But I never wanted 3 Faye's... I love her design, but she doesn't have too many uses, even less when these tempest trials end.

Screenshot_20170717-205117.png

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Aren't there going to be 10 Orbs or something like that from the Tempest once it ends?

I can't remember if mentioned it, but I got 2 Grays, the inferior one (just guess what his bane was) was sacrificed to Olivia.  Now, every Sword and Lance unit I trained will get the benefit of double SP while leveling to level 40.  I managed to get Mathilda and Eldigan up to level 40 over the weekend.  My remaining Gray is +Spd,-Def, which seems like an okay nature for him.

I don't think so.  I believe last time we got 10 orbs for the kickoff campaign but that happened about halfway through the last TT and I didn't see any indication of another TT kickoff event. 

That being said, the did mention when they announced Berkut that there would be a new event this week but they haven't said anything yet and it could be translation and/or marketing error.

25 minutes ago, BrokenGrace said:

So I made it my goal to get Alm from the tempest trial banner, after 2 summons this happened. Somehow I get the feeling this is the best this banner will let me have.

One of them is (+Atk -Res) The other (+HP -Atk). My main Faye is (+Spd -HP) so not sure which one I'll keep... But I never wanted 3 Faye's... I love her design, but she doesn't have too many uses, even less when these tempest trials end.

Screenshot_20170717-205117.png

You could always merge them, or give her Bow to a different Archer.

18 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I don't think so.  I believe last time we got 10 orbs for the kickoff campaign but that happened about halfway through the last TT and I didn't see any indication of another TT kickoff event. 

That being said, the did mention when they announced Berkut that there would be a new event this week but they haven't said anything yet and it could be translation and/or marketing error.

That's odd.  When they halved the amount we got from Gauntlets, I thought Tempests being a thing was the justification.

I must have missed there being a new event, unless they meant the next Gauntlet, speaking of which, do we know what the next Gauntlet is going to be?  Maybe it's going to be Alm's Army vs Celica's Army.

5 hours ago, Oboro! said:

I don't eat candy bars LOL

I mostly cook, and when I don't cook, I eat cereal.

LOL

I'm not being serious of course XD

If it helps, I can take your picture and put you on the F2P club wall of shame?

It really is, isn't it?

The point wasn't the candy example specifically. It's spending money on leisure.

It's also hypocritical.

If you have ever spent any money on lesiure, such as a fire emblem game... Your current attitude towards non F2Pers being stupid seems very illogical.

Regardless of how much in jest it is... I feel like you take it a little too far. I mean goodness... Lushen was literally just crushed.

It's called tact and being considerate man.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

There's nothing wrong with what I said. People here say "I wish I could have what you pulled" all the time.

Context. Ana. Context.

Think about it from others' perspective.

What if you spend $100 dollars and got all Gaiuses?

Then someone was like "I want mine merged!"

It sounds like they're only thinking of themselves. That response adds nothing to help or comfort the one that just was completely frustrated at the result of their spending.

Edited by shadowofchaos