• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started off with 35 orbs - after that I paused and grinded 20 orbs EACH time to do a full pull - as I didnt really care about a specific unit.

Overall I managed to get a pity rate of 4,75 which was ultimately broken by a flying nino.

To top it all, the fodder that I got was mostly forgetable with MANY 3* units. I feel a little bit devastated about it. Havent picked the free unit yet as I might summon again but I dont really feel like grinding more orbs today.

Since I started my account just a couple of weeks ago I rerolled an alt (just in case), although I wouldnt really want to abandon my current account, sort of grew on me, and I wont be able to get 50k on tempest trials for all the rewards (although that remains to be seen)

Desperation mode: A half-pack, bringing me to an even $500. Celica arrives with an even worse +HP -Atk. Gray with similarly bad IVs arrives with her. Now clearing chain challenges, and getting nothing - just a pity rate at 4.

F2P Alt: Squeezes out 60 F2P orbs. Comes home with nothing of use but Reposition.

@mampfoid No worries. He'll come for me. I just wish Serra wouldn't keep getting in the way. These days Rebecca has been plaguing my pulls as well. Amazing luck on your part man! The Micaiah fodder is awesome enough... but a perfect Celica... at +SPD she's sitting at 45 SPD with her weapon... that's more than Karla. To top it off she has Galeforce! Perfect for you. Congrats!!!

@NegativeExponents- Nice Veronica! That was what I was hoping for and it seemed like it the game wanted the same with all the colorless stones the game kept giving me. Wish I could save but there are too many things that need and want my orbs and with no Lyn, Edward or Ross in sight, I have little incentive to save.

@mcsilas I hate to say it but I would have just done full pulls with those orbs had I been you. Celica and Ephraim are ridiculous even if they aren't what you're looking for and chances are you left one of them in one of those stones. My condolences all the same, this banner lasts a long time so you'll get one of them (or more!).

@DevLink Two of the best sword units in the game and an Ares and Jaffar because why not... seriously when is this going to happen to me?

@Alexmender 

As for me... I had 75 orbs and went in hopeful, but I didn't pull a single brave hero. The fodder varied in usefulness. Got some decent ones like Sothe, Shigure, Nanna, Odin and my first Libra(!) but for every good one there was crap. Could have been worse. Anyways now I have a 3.75% rate on the banner but no, I didn't actually leave the banner empty-handed. It's just...

Spoiler

g0p6wVz.jpg

This. I actually got her on the second stone of my first session. Now... don't get me wrong, I wanted a Deirdre... on her banners. Not only that, I wanted her at a time where Reinhardt was everywhere and I was lacking in good greens. These days I have units like Sonya, Amelia, Fae, PA!Inigo, Gunnthra, LA!Lillina, Cherche, Raven, Linus, B!Ike, the Hectors and of course, my newly +10'ed Nino. So there's much less of a need for her. Still a green dragon counter is cool... just not on this banner. All she did here was effectively cockblock one of my favorite characters: Ephraim.

She's +RES/-SPD. I know she's already slow and it's better than a -ATK bane, but -SPD is a superbane and that's not so great when 28 is already a pretty low base. Still, hopefully she can be at least Nowi slayer with the right kit. Also her RES will make her a fantastic Ploy bot.

I chose Hector as my free summon as you'd expect. I don't mind either way, even if he's the unit I pull with orbs later on it's just a merge or Bold Fighter fodder which is never a bad thing. The banner's just started and there's plenty of orbs to be gotten not including the 17 orbs we'll get at the end of the month. I'm probably going to skip this month's legendary banner.

Anyways, moving on for now.

Edited by Zeo

@Vaximillian oooh congrats on those pulls! Always nice to see someone’s luck turn around!

@Zeo funny thing is I did full pulls in the dancer banner and that gave me a still to be broken 4%. So either way my luck just wasn’t there and i used it up already last month haha

i don’t really care too much about this Celica or Ephraim. Already have my green Hector squad. I just need a blue armour mainly which is why i’m Hector hunting (plus i like him and his art the most) and Veronica is also a really good pick either way with a ready to use kit. Plus more Razzle Dazzle the better, especially with this new busted units coming out.

congrats on the Deirdre anyway and hey at least lower speed means more charges when using QR so she’s a good bladetome check with Divine Naga.

i might skip the legendary as well but i’ll wait a bit after the trailer reveal before using my free summon.

Edited by mcsilas

44 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid No worries. He'll come for me. I just wish Serra wouldn't keep getting in the way. These days Rebecca has been plaguing my pulls as well. Amazing luck on your part man! The Micaiah fodder is awesome enough... but a perfect Celica... at +SPD she's sitting at 45 SPD with her weapon... that's more than Karla. To top it off she has Galeforce! Perfect for you. Congrats!!!

Thank you! I'm really happy with her and also with Veronica. I wanted an infantry unit with GF and Celica got ridiculously good stats and skills on top. 

44 minutes ago, Zeo said:

As for me... I had 75 orbs and went in hopeful, but I didn't pull a single brave hero. The fodder varied in usefulness. Got some decent ones like Sothe, Shigure, Nanna, Odin and my first Libra(!) but for every good one there was crap. Could have been worse. Anyways now I have a 3.75% rate on the banner but no, I did

Hey congrats on all that fodder, first Libra and Deirdre as well. I feel your mixed feelings on the useful (but late) pity breaker, got plenty of them in the last weeks myself. You shouldn't care too much about super boons and banes, you got a pretty useful nature gameplay-wise. 

I knew you were going for a fav in Hector, but somehow I hope you'll get Veronica as well. That staff looks like to be made for one of your teams and her art is just cool (her lines a little less, I was hoping for some wacky stuff). 

Good luck! 

I was completely drained after last legendary banner and sketchy summer, so I skipped the huge temptation to pull for Elincia/Miciah in the yukuta one since I knew CYL2 was coming soon.  I had 170 orbs.  Spending 140 I got

+HP/-atk Brave Celica (came fairly early maybe after 40 or 50)  and +HP/-def Brave Hector.   Brave Hector was the first pull of the session but there were only red and blue orbs left (2 of each) so I did what I rarely do and quit rather than finishing the session.  This was due to wanting to be able to save orbs for the next banner which I won't say what it is, but has me incredibly excited and something I never expected.  

Anyways I then nabbed Veronica as my free choice, since I'm done with this banner, having 3 of the 4 is pretty good.  I'm happy despite the poor IVs on Celica and somewhat on Hector, cause that was good rate.  Last year CYL, 300 orbs spent.  Zero Brave units.  Just a few off focus pity breakers.  

I spent 80 orbs (had 200) on the new banner and was quite lucky. After being pity-broken by a +ATK -DEF Tana, Jaffar and Tailtiu (gosh!) I almost decided to quit but then I was super lucky to pull +SPD -RES Celica and +RES -HP Hector too. I spent the free 5* on Veronica because my Elise is +ATK -SPD unfortunately. Would love to have Ephraim too, but he will come one day anyway. On top of it all I finally pulled a +ATK Reinhardt.

And regarding the past few weeks:

Karla (-ATK like Lyn, ugh) and Eldigan as free summons during those everyday banner days and +DEF HF!Elincia, three Ishtars (one +ATK -SPD), L!Chrom, NY!Camilla and +SPD -HP Nowi (which I feel is a bit better than my +DEF -RES in current arena). One more Nowi to go until I have her at +10 like A!Tiki and Fae.

None of the units in CYL appealed overly to me, but I thought I might as well. Decided on Veronica for my free and plan to summon for Hector and Ephraim until they come.

Got Hector pretty much straight away, surprisingly. Of course, this leaves me in green hell, but oh well. Maybe I'll get a Libra out of it, after failing to get a Legault with my Xander on my colourless run.

8 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Very cool Celica.  If IS insists on sticking the GHB/BHB/LHB enemies as far back as possible it might be difficult to implement her in your usual clears, but I look forward to seeing her in action nonetheless. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm curious if it will possible to integrate her. If they want to leave enemies even further away than in Corrin & Azuras map, they'll have to make GHBs on Rival Domains sized maps. I'll do a Celica emblem clear then instead. ^^' 

so I continued grinding orbs and summoning. After my 4,75 pity rate of yesterday I only needed to reach a pity of 3,75 today. Thats 80 orbs less wasted :).

Anyway, got +atk-spd Ephraim, which seems to be a top IV, last stone of the same circle gave me a +res-def Mia. 

@Zeo That's rough. I've seen many get unlucky on this banner for some reason. 

For me, I picked the free B!Veronica because I really didn't feel the other ones (although Ephraim has an OP skillset). For the banner, I'm at 4% while doing full pulls. I won't pull from colorless anymore but let's see if I get a pity breaker (please be Ishtar/Katarina/Myrrh).

While yall  are off getting a bunch of brave heroes, I was busy exhausting  the pity rate on M&S banner. And the pity breaker was...!

Sothe +Def -HP.

...well, I can merge into my current +Spd copy, or give someone Spur Atk/Spd, which imo is a good Spur to have.

COME, BRAVE HEROES!!! THE TIME OF SUMMONING FOR TRUE POWER HAS COME!!!!!!!!!!

esMUp4X.jpg?1

+Def -Spd Brave Hector

I WAS KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH GOD OH JESUS WHAT IN GODS NAME DID I JUST SUMMON. A MONSTER, I JUST SUMMONED A MONSTER. OH GOD I AM SO SORRY EVERYONE.

...in other news, I now know I will free summon Veronica if I fail to summon her before banners end.

Oh man, I was waiting with my free Brave summon until I was done summoning on its banner but.....of course the banners had to look exactly alike so I accidentally clicked the free summon one and had to choose right then and there :'(

Oh well, I went for Hector and I'll probably not regret that.....except if another Hector breaks my pity rate for the brave banner and I never get Celica, BUT at least I would have Bold Fighter fodder then which is also fine so ok.

Now I'm really going to save for the Legendary banner.

Edited by Mau

Just been pity broken yet again on the Festival banner, this time by Luke. I love him to bits but I already have you...

I give up, I'm just gonna save for the Legendary banner. Fingers crossed for Marth~

Okay, Feh, please let me get something from the Festival banner. Got 41 orbs right now.

1. 4* Seliph: Bleh.
  2. 5* Micaiah: Well, not the version I was looking for, but nice all the same! Meh IVs, +HP/-Def (super-boon and super-bane), but my current copy is +Res/-Atk. Not sure which one is worse. Thoughts, anyone?
  3. 5* Mist: Okay...+Res/-Atk, but her stats are terrible anyway. Still, another 5* healer to SP-grind.
  4. 4* Sothe: Tellius is all over this set, isn't it?
  5. 4* Priscilla: Meh.

Well, that was a massive orb sink for ultimately very little. At least I got 2 5*s out of this, however mediocre they were. And finally, off to the new Brave banner. Going to pull until I get one of the new heroes, then make my free pull accordingly. 21 orbs on hand.

1. 3* Odin: Meh.
  2. 4* Wrys: You're getting fed to Mist.
  3. 3* Palla: Eh.
  4. 3* Marth: SP fodder.
  5. 4* Sheena: Finally Fortify Armor fodder.

Nothing surprising here.

Decided to keep trying for Ephraim, even though I've got the two units I will actually use (Hector and Veronica). Used the orbs from today...

No greens...

A wild Celica appeared!

Eh, fair enough. Unlikely to use her, but she has nice art, and she is actually my first Celica xD

@Xenomata wow congrats on that optimal bad boy with his super boon! So jealous!

@Zeo @mampfoid @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria

So 20 orbs received and I quickly blew them all away. I’m risking it and think it’s fairly safe to say that Hrid won’t be the legendary Hero anytime soon since we didn’t get a full story chapter because of CYL. Will my risk pay off?

not exactly. Now i have a 4% rate. Worse, is my main has a 4% on both cyl and the dancer banner.

on the bright side? Finally pulled a Legault in my alt, although he has the worst +Res/-Spd. Have to wait for another oke before foddering though but hey Atk Tactic in the future.

even better- after a depressing last session of 3 star Nowi and Wrys, I open the last orb and i get another Sothe! And he is +Spd/-Res!!!!!!  Perfect! Don’t have a good offensive dagger in this account and now i can fodder all other Sothes without worry!

so at least there’s a bright side in my alt- almost as good as a 5 star. I’m wondering if I could train him up quickly to do a Radiant Dawn theme battle for the BHB before it ends- at least this will be a good distraction to build my orb stock back up again.

sort of tempted to give him Swift Sparrow...

have next arena season’s bonus units been announced? I’ll wait until then to claim my freebie CYL just to take my mind away from summoning desperation. 

@Cute Chao congrats on your first Celica! Have fun with Death Blow 4 if you do end up trying her out!

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

have next arena season’s bonus units been announced?

They’ll be announced on Monday. I wish I had some Sothes so that I don’t have to commit Hanacide.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao congrats on your first Celica! Have fun with Death Blow 4 if you do end up trying her out!

I have a personal rule of never using my only copy of a unit. My gosh, the DB4 for Reinhardt is tempting, though xD

But this Celica is safe :)

Hope the risk pays off. I'm hoping for no Hrid, too. I'm hoping the pattern sticks so it's a female next, as there are very few that I'm desperate to pull for ^.^