• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nCbtVzY.png

Excuse me, but the 3 speed are supposed to be neutral!?

That's even less than any -spd Hector has. How can someone like her still be only 5*, and even make it in a Legendary Banner!?

It also doesn't make any sense with a firesweep bow because these units want to be speedy because of LaD etc. 

Seriously that's the biggest joke unit I've seen so far. 

Honestly fast bow users like Rebecca and Setsuna might use this bow since they are fast and squishy enough to make use of LaD. Even Brave Lyn could run it, I guess.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

6 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Excuse me, but the 3 speed are supposed to be neutral!?

That's even less than any -spd Hector has. How can someone like her still be only 5*, and even make it in a Legendary Banner!?

It also doesn't make any sense with a firesweep bow because these units want to be speedy because of LaD etc. 

Seriously that's the biggest joke unit I've seen so far. 

She's a villager/trainee, so she starts with lower than average level 1 stats, but gains more than normal while levelling up. She has a higher stat total than any other archer except Halloween Jakob at 40.

(Mind you her speed is still an awful 25 at level 40, which is why most people give her a Guard Bow)

For a more extreme example, Myrrh starts with 3 def at level 1. She ends up with 36.

Oh, I see. 

I didn't know that Heroes reconsidered the bases of villager classes from their original games. I don't remember Donnel's bases.

Still her weapon doesn't match with her stats at all due to her poor speed.

Her res is good enough to be a semi-magekiller with iceberg / glacies, so that +res might not be the worst boon at least.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Hecatia Lapislazuli Funny, we pulled our first Faye with the exact same nature (+RES/-ATK) within one hour. 

I was considering triple Distant Defense build  (DD3 A-slot, DD3 seal, Guard Bow (DEF refinement), QR, Iceberg/Glacies) for 52 RES and 45 DEF on EP. But I'm hesitant to invest into a -ATK unit. 

Sorry, I just copypasted your image. Forgot to tag you, so sorry for that confusion.

I just was shocked when I read that nature and saw that speed.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

I've had odd luck on the legendary banners lately - I tend to get runs of a different 5* hero.  This month, it was red Reinhardt, of whom I got 3.  I also got 2 Fjorm, 1 F!Robin (female), and 1 Gunnthra.  Not awesome, but not bad.  I didn't have red Reinhardt yet, although I don't see him cracking my frequent use team, since I already run B!Roy, Xander, and Exalt Chrom as my primary red horses.

I had a similar thing happen last month with L!Lucina when I got 3 Exalt Chroms (I didn't have him yet, so score) and 3 V!Lilina (whom I also didn't have yet).

I haven't scored an actual new L! unit in at least 4 months, and I burn about 200-300 orbs per L! banner depending on how deep the banner is.  I cheaped out on this one a bit since I got lucky on first-pull 5* units and I have most of the other non-L! units already.

That said, both CYL banners were kind to me - last year I took B!Ike as my free hero, but drew both B!Roy and B!Lyn without a ton of effort (I was pretty new to the game then), and this year I managed to get B!Hector and B!Ephraim before choosing B!Celica as my freebie.  Has anyone else had oddly good luck with the CYL banners, or am I just that fortunate?  Small sample size aside, they haven't felt like other 3%/3% rate banners to me.

@mampfoid Darn, sorry to hear that.

..now do a meme build of Fortress Res to go with her nature? :P

At least it's a new unit, and a Firesweep Bow for the future if you ever get another Faye.

I'm waiting on the arena orbs so I can have a full 20 orbs again before summoning. At least I finally beat Abyssal using a link z's  youtube f2p-friendly guide (including a Cherche for the Grima map!), so at the very least I'm not too rushed into getting the free Veronica anymore.

Not sure if I should summon on the legendary banner, or try and clear that 5.25% from the CYL2. Or even visit the 4% from the dancer banner...

...I guess the legendary banner ends soon so slightly leaning towards that but I really, really want a Bector for my main as well...

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

..now do a meme build of Fortress Res to go with her nature? :P

I do have a spare Innes ... 

Good luck getting Bector! 

I'm hording orbs now for the next legendary banner, which absolutely will have to give me 5 Roys, 1 (or 11) Grimas (flying) and 1 +SPD L'Ector. 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Last chance for Grima, no free orbs left to collect (only cav & flier 10th stratum quests). Guess who broke my pity rate? 

No Idea what to do with her. 

Damn, colorless is cursed on this banner. Well, with that IV I'd just HM farm her up and then toss Firesweep Bow to somebody. I was ready for her to pity break me on colorless too for this banner, so my plan was going to be giving her to Brave Lyn or Bride Cordelia if she showed up. (I already have a neutral one, so whether she came with a better or worse IV, one was going to get foddered either way)

I also did a last day summon, using the last 13 orbs I could collect. 2 colorless showed up, and I got Virion, regular Kagero and.. Merric. Leaving the banner with a 9%. At least that's a regular Kagero merge I guess. Now I have to hope she gets a refine within the coming months, or all she's going to be killing is infantry until next spring.

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Alkaid sounds like a plan. I'm not a big fan of Firesweep, I could give it to neutral BH!Lyn (whom I'm not using much) or +SPD Bridelia. 

Sorry S!Kagero evaded you another time, hope we'll have a better experience with the next banner. 

Me either, but they're probably the best users of it, and I'm sure it could be useful for some stuff to have it handy.

Yeah, I hope the new legendary will be good since they should be sharing blue with S. Catria who I'd like a new IV for (-atk), which together might make blue worth sniping. Or maybe I should just conserve my orbs for a better chance at something more important to me that could come out. At least Spring Kagero reminded me why I never try to spend orbs pulling units just to use as fodder. It usually doesn't end up working.(to be fair, I also needed a new Grima so it was still 2/3 I wanted on the color this time)

Edited by Alkaid

So after getting a Lene on the legendary banner at I believe 9,50% (could have been 10) I tried more summons for Marth and luckily got him with a +hp-atk IV, might haven been a pity of  8,50%. Since there were only few orbs left to grind I called it quits but not for long, september orbs were close and I grinded for more orbs, grinding orbs was tough, squad assault and chain challenge on lunatic wasnt easy and took a lot of time and many tries. With the september orbs I managed to get a a pity rate of 9,50 - with now even fewer orbs left to grind that I could possibly manage to obtain I stopped sniping, all I wanted to have that pity rate broken and go home with just about anything.

To my surprise I was able to grind 2x20 orbs for 2 full summons, and guess what? I ended up with a 10,50% pity rate.

At that point I highly regretted not calling it quits after getting my -atk Marth. There were still some orbs left to grind but sort of impossible for me as most of my units arent really that developed yet and time was of the essence. So, in the morning I broke my f2p rule and bought a google play card before work. At work I bought 23 orbs and just wanted to get it over with. I think I had 26 orbs total at the time. So I got two reds in the summoning circle and despite better knowledge just sniped again for MArth as I felt I could somehow get those 3 missing orbs for another full pull. Since I had already ran out of stamina pots I exchanged some for mynintendo points but forgot to claim them from the present box and accidentally lost an orb refilling stamina. Somehow I managed to get another chain challenge done and with 20orbs ready I was greeted by a non-red summoning circle. You know what? I didnt care, I just wanted to get it something.

a pity rate of 11% was my reward

Somewhat devasted at this point, it was no longer the grind work that was in that pity rate but also real money. I could kick my xxx.

Anyway, after work I decided to buy another google card, and with 23 new orbs did my summoning in the parking lot - already prepared it would work out. Of course, it didnt! 

Pity rate of 11,50%!

Shaken but not stirred I bought another google card and went home. I bought another 23 orbs and felt this must work out now!

Pity rate of 12,00% WHAAAAAAT.

But I had a failsafe, 6 orbs were left from the recent summonings and I could still buy the starter pack which contained 12 orbs, I would somehow manage to grind two more orbs.

So I did.

Truth be told, this was my last summoning - no matter what - I am not rich and have some other expenses at hand (a car repair among others), so there was no way I could buy more orbs. Anyway lets do it!

Two reds, two greens, one colorless.

I started with the colorless and it gave me my third Klein today, then I picked green and you cant imagine my relief when I saw a neutral Gunnthra - it was finally over, I could officially call it quits. Then I got a 3* Sheena and picked the first red and got a Marth followed by Ogma - I didnt expect that, Lene or Reinhardt but not him anymore, not after all this. And the very best thing, with +spd-res he seems to be perfect!

It could have ended worse but it didnt and I am definitely happy with the result. I guess summoning will be over for me for quite some time. Will have to think about how to proceed with this game. Definitely not gonna summon on any banner with just few orbs - never again a situation like today.

Edited by Super Endriu

1 hour ago, AL_CHEMIST said:

So after getting a Lene on the legendary banner at I believe 9,50% (could have been 10) I tried more summons for Marth and luckily got him with a +hp-atk IV, might haven been a pity of  8,50%. Since there were only few orbs left to grind I called it quits but not for long, september orbs were close and I grinded for more orbs, grinding orbs was tough, squad assault and chain challenge on lunatic wasnt easy and took a lot of time and many tries. With the september orbs I managed to get a a pity rate of 9,50 - with now even fewer orbs left to grind that I could possibly manage to obtain I stopped sniping, all I wanted to have that pity rate broken and go home with just about anything.

To my surprise I was able to grind 2x20 orbs for 2 full summons, and guess what? I ended up with a 10,50% pity rate.

At that point I highly regretted not calling it quits after getting my -atk Marth. There were still some orbs left to grind but sort of impossible for me as most of my units arent really that developed yet and time was of the essence. So, in the morning I broke my f2p rule and bought a google play card before work. At work I bought 23 orbs and just wanted to get it over with. I think I had 26 orbs total at the time. So I got two reds in the summoning circle and despite better knowledge just sniped again for MArth as I felt I could somehow get those 3 missing orbs for another full pull. Since I had already ran out of stamina pots I exchanged some for mynintendo points but forgot to claim them from the present box and accidentally lost an orb refilling stamina. Somehow I managed to get another chain challenge done and with 20orbs ready I was greeted by a non-red summoning circle. You know what? I didnt care, I just wanted to get it something.

a pity rate of 11% was my reward

Somewhat devasted at this point, it was no longer the grind work that was in that pity rate but also real money. I could kick my xxx.

Anyway, after work I decided to buy another google card, and with 23 new orbs did my summoning in the parking lot - already prepared it would work out. Of course, it didnt! 

Pity rate of 11,50%!

Shaken but not stirred I bought another google card and went home. I bought another 23 orbs and felt this must work out now!

Pity rate of 12,00% WHAAAAAAT.

But I had a failsafe, 6 orbs were left from the recent summonings and I could still buy the starter pack which contained 12 orbs, I would somehow manage to grind two more orbs.

So I did.

Truth be told, this was my last summoning - no matter what - I am not rich and have some other expenses at hand (a car repair among others), so there was no way I could buy more orbs. Anyway lets do it!

Two reds, two greens, one colorless.

I started with the colorless and it gave me my third Klein today, then I picked green and you cant imagine my relief when I saw a neutral Gunnthra - it was finally over, I could officially call it quits. Then I got a 3* Sheena and picked the first red and got a Marth followed by Ogma - I didnt expect that, Lene or Reinhardt but not him anymore, not after all this. And the very best thing, with +spd-res he seems to be perfect!

Screenshot_20180903-185135.thumb.png.177cf7dd69782a1e5a1ed731f9602a31.png

It could have ended worse but it didnt and I am definitely happy with the result. I guess summoning will be over for me for quite some time. Will have to think about how to proceed with this game. Definitely not gonna summon on any banner with just few orbs - never again a situation like today.

Screenshot_20180903-185327.png

i broke my F2P rule too and got some orbs (sigh). 
i'm wondering if i have enough time to grind for one more go. 

my rate is relatively high, even when broke by Sword Reinhardt. (that's just sad). 

Well I managed to scrape together 5 orbs for one last Yolo summon for L!Marth and I pulled Lene instead.  I am happy it was Lene since I don't need sword Rein and I did not have her.  At least I broke my pity rate and got a dancer which is always good, Now I can hope for L!Marth to come home next time.

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i broke my F2P rule too and got some orbs (sigh). 
i'm wondering if i have enough time to grind for one more go. 

my rate is relatively high, even when broke by Sword Reinhardt. (that's just sad). 

yeah, I know that feeling - I sort of justify my unintended spending by telling me that withing 4 weeks of playing the game I pulled lots of 5* units basically for free (I think 32) and some of them came with great IVs. In the end its my greed that got me into this situation and its entirely me who is to blame. Its funny that I got this great IV Marth in the end but it was a terrible feeling sort of - now I can sort of laugh about it - I just need to imagine that this very last summoning circle might have not given me anything or spring alfonse, that would have been a waste. :)

4 minutes ago, AL_CHEMIST said:

yeah, I know that feeling - I sort of justify my unintended spending by telling me that withing 4 weeks of playing the game I pulled lots of 5* units basically for free (I think 32) and some of them came with great IVs. In the end its my greed that got me into this situation and its entirely me who is to blame. Its funny that I got this great IV Marth in the end but it was a terrible feeling sort of - now I can sort of laugh about it - I just need to imagine that this very last summoning circle might have not given me anything or spring alfonse, that would have been a waste. :)

this is very true.
out of all the pieces i've gotten i got another Olivia (3 star) and the Sword Reinhardt, so i am kinda bummed out. 
I want the Marth but i don't think i'm gonna bother. i was so mad when i didn't get any red orbs 4 summoning sessions so it's like. alrighty. 

Did another grind up to 160 and i decided this was the very last time. 3 Reds, It had to work, right? 
Another Soilel (4 Stars) (can now do a Project with her)
Another Sophia (3 stars) (I'm going to think feathers)
and another Olivia (4 Stars) so  this is my 4th, I can now create an uber Olivia. 

and that's it. i don't have enough time to grind another few but i'm tired of throwing orbs for Marth. 

First of all, I was trying to save. I lost almost 200 orbs on the previous legendary banner just for 1 NY! Camilla (shes new at least).

one month later and I saved back up to 450~ orbs. Hero Fest and legendary banner comes along and the results are:

• Brave Roy: +speed -atk NEW (wanted him for ages!)
  • Male Morgan: +def -speed
  • Brave Hector: +atk -hp NEW

200~ orbs used

• Legendary Marth: +hp -speed NEW
  • LA Hector: -atk something, not new.
  • Legendary Grima: -def +hp, not new.
  • Gunnthra: -atk +def NEW

60~ orbs used

chose veronica as my freebie, but Ephraim has been tempting me. a few weeks pass and I've been randomly trying for Ephraim or Lene. both banners had their pity rate up a tiny bit at this point. saved back up to almost 300 orbs and just before the legendary banner ends I break and start summoning.

Brave banner:

• Dorcas: +def -speed NEW
  • Brave Ephraim!!: +atk -hp NEW

Legendary banner:

• Fjorm: Neutral
  • Lene!!: +speed -def NEW

150~ orbs used both banners.

so all in all I'm pretty happy. I really need to get back to saving now...

Edited by Chelone

Well, the Legendary banner's almost over. Let's see if the Hero-King is feeling generous today. 38 orbs on hand.

1. 4* Fir: Meh.
  2. 4* Athena: More meh.
  3. 4* Ogma: Feathers.

So much for that. Another go with 25 orbs.

1. 3* Mamui: Garbage.

And one final set. As long as I don't end with a pity-rate I'll be happy.

1. 4* Athena: Again?
  2. 4* Gunter: Eh.
  3. 3* Azama: Feathers.
  4. 4* Femui: Meh.
  5. 5* Nephenee: Yes! Last orb did the trick! Unfortunately she's +Res/-Atk, but compared to +HP/-Spd on my current copy I'd rather take -Atk.

Well, that was kind of a disappointment, but I didn't spend too much on this banner anyway.

Finally got a Bartre after a long time of never summoning him! -Atk +HP though, but I hope this is a sign my reign of never seeing the Meme Hammer is over!

...Oh and also +Def -Atk Brave Celica. Not a great nature, but she at least has Death Blow 4 to keep her power level at a decent level, so I won't sweat it that much.

That makes 3 out of 4 of the new Braves I have obtained thus far, with Hector having an awesome nature, Veronica being the free summon, and Celica being the meh summon.

...oh also, I gave up on Leg Marth banner after that crummy Spring Kagero. Between not being able to gather up orbs fast enough and just not caring enough about generic sword unit number 9703 with barely any significant twists to justify trying to summon him, I just couldn't bring myself to go for one last summon... I'll be focusing entirely on Arrival of the Braves and maybe that other new banner...

Edited by Xenomata