5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I feel like I'm the only veteran who still has two 5 stars. 

I guess I'm not sacrificing hard enough . . . . . . .

I offered up a Salisbury Steak to Anna earlier.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hey, congrats with your Mr Edgy. My orb count will climb back to 20 tomorrow and I'll give the lottery another try.

Where is your goddess now? Turn to Sharena!

I'm debating whether to wait for the next focus or try for Ninian when I have enough Orbs again.  With Jaffar, my bonus % reset, and it would be a shame to blow my Orbs on five 3* again.

I wonder which of the six will get offered as 4* once the Focus ends.  If I had to guess, I'd say that Rebecca and Lucius would be 4*s.  I think Ninian will probably stay 5* exclusive for sure.  Of the remaining, Priscilla seems the most likely to also become 4*, but it would be weird if all Grays got dropped down, but I guess they are the least common overall, at least compared to Reds.  I would really like for a few of them to become 3* possible.  Getting the same 3* units over and over again gets old after a while.  I wouldn't mind grabbing a 3* Lucius or Prisicilla.  Healers are crap right now, but I like them as characters and want to collect them, even if they don't make my Arena team.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Where is your goddess now? Turn to Sharena!

I'll jump off a cliff before I turn to that little stinker

Speaking of which, it has been a while since I made a cliff wager so:

If I get a 5 star next pull, I will bungee jump off a (non-distinct) cliff. With photographic evidences. So ladies and gentlemen, place your bets now. I got to do some training tower quests but soon the pull will be here!

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I offered up a Salisbury Steak to Anna earlier.

So steaks work too, huh?

Noted

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

If I get a 5 star next pull, I will bungee jump off a (non-distinct) cliff. With photographic evidences. So ladies and gentlemen, place your bets now. I got to do some training tower quests but soon the pull will be here!

So steaks work too, huh?

Noted

Did we ever get any pictures of your previous bungees?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

If I get a 5 star next pull, I will bungee jump off a (non-distinct) cliff.

So you turn to Sharena after you get a five-star next pull? Got it.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Did we ever get any pictures of your previous bungees?

Indeed, if you look far back enough into the voting gauntlet discussion thread I did post a picture of me bungee jumping off a cliff. I've made 3 bets and only 1 has come to fruition.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

So you turn to Sharena after you get a five-star next pull? Got it.

I should've chosen my words more carefully.

Hoo boy, it's been forever since I've posted in here. So I'll only put up the 5*s since I last posted, a 5* Eirika which was my 4th 5*. I have since pulled(in order):

Lucina

Eirika

Lilina

Kagero

Ninian

Rebecca

Azura

Rebecca and Azura were even in the same pull. Really hoping Hector gets a banner soon, I need at least two of him.

Edited by Suichimo

Just Pulled Karel! Ninth "5 star" for me!

In order of picking, i have: Sheena, Elise, Tiki, Klein, Olwen, Erika, Ninian, and now Karel.

The ninth 5 star is Anna, which i maxed out.

photo_2017-03-18_19-07-46.jpg

As the French say:

C'est magnifique ! 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-03-18-14-41-38-1.thumb.png.a86f7233459be34272d1d6cbe4a6158f.png

Looks like I have escaped any jumping today. At least smite is gonna make for some nastiness

Edit: WAIT A MINUTE

HE GETS BRASH ASSAULT

I CAN PUT THAT ON NY LYN

ANNA BE PRAISED!!!

Edited by Arcanite

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

As the French say:

C'est magnifique ! 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2017-03-18-14-41-38-1.thumb.png.a86f7233459be34272d1d6cbe4a6158f.png

Looks like I have escaped any jumping today. At least smite is gonna make for some nastiness

Edit: WAIT A MINUTE

HE GETS BRASH ASSAULT

I CAN PUT THAT ON NY LYN

ANNA BE PRAISED!!!

Brash Assault is a waste on Lyn as she has Desperation 2 on Sol Katti, and Brash Assault is a worse skill given how it is restrictive. The unit doubles only if the enemy counters her.

Brash Assault works on slow units like Alfonse, Seliph, Chrom, Bartre and the likes. Maybe even Ogma or some other Brave user.

Just now, Quintessence said:

Brash Assault is a waste on Lyn as she has Desperation 2 on Sol Katti, and Brash Assault is a worse skill given how it is restrictive. The unit doubles only if the enemy counters her.

Brash Assault works on slow units like Alfonse, Seliph, Chrom, Bartre and the likes. Maybe even Ogma or some other Brave user.

I want to make sure that I'm understanding it right:

Counter meaning anyone that hits back, right?

So if my neutral speed Lyn hit a Neutral speed Lucina at 3 health while Lucina had 31, would she not get brash and hit her twice because Lucina counters? Or no?

Is there something I'm missing? Am I derping out right now?

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So if my neutral speed Lyn hit a Neutral speed Lucina at 3 health while Lucina had 31, would she not get brash and hit her twice because Lucina counters? Or no?

No, you're fine. Quintessence seems to have misunderstood the purpose of the skill. It's precisely because Lyn has built in desperation that brash assault is a good skill on her. It guarantees a double on units that can counter, and does not restrict her to only doubling when they can counter. This allows you to double and ORKO other fast units like Lucina when below 50%

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

No, you're fine. Quintessence seems to have misunderstood the purpose of the skill. It's precisely because Lyn has built in desperation that brash assault is a good skill on her. It guarantees a double on units that can counter, and does not restrict her to only doubling when they can counter. This allows you to double and ORKO other fast units like Lucina when below 50%

Thank you for clearing this up. Makes me happy that my Lyn can now become even stronger!

At this point we may as well start a new thread for sharing boons/banes.

I'd share but a) dont want any backflipping eclipses up in here and b) my spreadsheet with all my natures is on my computer and I'm not at home 

(I remember most of my units having decent if not necessarily ideal natures except for my +Spd, -Atk Effie. Curses.)

Caved and did another pull bc Ursula's BST is shit and I want to try again for Ninian before the next season so I can have units I want to run AND a dancer. 

Did not get Ninian. Did not even get the skill fodder I wanted. I guess having a few Hone Atks lying around is nice but I really want Fortify-types instead so I can make Nino swoler since Ryoma and Olivia already covers Spd/Atk respectively.

Got
- Olivia3
- Corrin3
- Niles3
- Beruka3
- Florina4

I do want to put darting blow from Florina on someone, but not sure who yet. Nino's A slot is being saved for Life or Death and she has a bajillion speed anyway. Ryoma likes his defiant Atk which also synergizes a lot better with his vantage than darting blow. Olivia doesn't even fight and the 4th slot is seasonal. Out of my other long term team members, Takumi has his counter so that's not going anywhere. Reinhardt has no speed whatsoever and I'm putting Death blow in there as soon as I can actually get it at DB3 level (4* Klein where are you), Sully's not fighting anything that isn't red and when they're red (esp a sword) they're dead anyway, and I...guess it could work for Robin? Maybe?

IDK. Maybe I'll just save it for someone down the line.

Ardent sacrifice is also nice but again, nobody to put it on to. Vantage on Ryoma is for his emergency tanking needs, he's not Linde after all.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hoo boy

Having burned through a bunch of stamina potions to finish the cavalry quest, I ended up with 60 orbs, so I did three full sessions.

Got a bunch of fodder on the first two, save Hinata for passing Fury, but when I tapped the last blue orb on the last session...

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-03-18-20-03-43.thumb.png.e9971a78d08c104a8887758336d10d63.png

She's +Def -Res. Not good but could be worse.

Looks like I'm set for the new season next week. Not sure if I can run the same Klein strats like I did last time unless I pass Hone Attack or something though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

As I've been finishing up the multitude of Orb quests, I got enough for another Pull.  I had to blow a few Stamina potions, but I only have the Cavalry, Armor, and Flyer 10th Stratum Quests left now.

Sadly, nothing of note on the latest Pull

3* Gordin, 3* Robin, 3* Eliwood, 3* Saizo, 4* Catria  I decided to level up Catria, in case I want to use her for the Flyer Quest.

I'm really hoping for Ninian before this Focus ends, even though I've gotten lucky with two 5* so far this Focus.  Hopefully the Orbs will keep coming, so I can have another shot soon.

Currently sitting on 40 orbs. I feel I'm out of luck since I'd pulled both Hector and 4* Effie when this focus was new. Now hopefully for real, I think I will save all my orbs until there are a satisfactory number of FE7/8 units to summon.

...Until 6 x FE8 units are released in a new focus.

32 minutes ago, Raven said:

Currently sitting on 40 orbs. I feel I'm out of luck since I'd pulled both Hector and 4* Effie when this focus was new. Now hopefully for real, I think I will save all my orbs until there are a satisfactory number of FE7/8 units to summon.

...Until 6 x FE8 units are released in a new focus.

Bruh if a full Sacred Stones focus comes out I'm blowing all my goddamn orbs.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Bruh if a full Sacred Stones focus comes out I'm blowing all my goddamn orbs.

I'd blow my saved orbs and make my first orbs purchase. And blow all that, too.

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'd blow my saved orbs and make my first orbs purchase. And blow all that, too.

I'd say same if I hadn't already made my first orbs purchase.

But then, that was for the Ephraim/Eirika banner, so really my first orbs purchase was still for Magvel either way.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Oh ok now I know what you're getting at. Yeah I misunderstand the idea of the combo and thought both skills were redundant, but didn't think in the cases were Lyn doesn't double. Thanks!

I caved and used another 18 orbs (please me, I just wanna save orbs. Help)

3* Tiki -Atk +Def. Mmm she'll be pretty tanky.

3* Donnel +HP -Spd. More Donnels means more Dragback woo.

3* Lissa -HP +Atk. I already trained my free Lissa, so this one could be a Rehabilitate fodder I guess.

5* Lucius +HP -Atk. At least I got a focus hero!  Though he probably won't be ready for the Arena on time.

Please just let me save my orbs this time please...

Please.

Spoiler

yqYCmS7.png

At long last, I finally got the hero I wanted from this focus summon. She took the most orbs to finally obtain out of all the heroes I've specifically aimed for before. Pretty sure I had to blow a solid 120 just to get her. Now I'm worried about when the Choose Your Legends thing is coming out (I need some time to save orbs for that). In addition, I somehow rolled 2 5* Nowi(s) before I ever got Ninian, which honestly speaking I'm okay with. My main Nowi is now 40+5 and it's looking increasingly likely I can probably make her +10 by the end of next month, considering all the 4* Nowi(s) I have in storage. Still, I'm glad that I finally got Ninian regardless. I run a Y!Tiki and Nowi team, so I kind of needed her no matter what.

Her nature seems to be +HP/-ATK, which I don't think is too bad. I don't plan on having her attack at all (Considering she has an incredibly weak Atk stat and Nowi is my go-to blue manakete) so -ATK is fantastic, and I was gunning for either +HP or +RES to increase her bulk. I preferred +RES simply because ranged units are more likely to deal magic damage, but +HP is fantastic in itself since it covers both physical and magic damage. All in all I'm just glad I managed to get her since this was last real pull I could do with the current focus.  

I'd rather not talk about my latest pull:

zdjHmWC.png

fz7hYhq.png

All dupes and mostly 3⋆s. My sixth or seventh adult Tiki. Why Anna.

⋆⋆⋆⋆ Tiki (a) +Spd −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Hana +Spd −Res
⋆⋆⋆ Palla +Res −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Bartre +Spd −HP
⋆⋆⋆ Barst +Res −Atk
Edited by Vaximillian