4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I noticed Abel mentions her a couple times and in one instance refers to her as "My Est." I guess they're a canon couple? That's kind of cute. :) And even if that's not the case, Abel makes it clear to me that he loves her. He said he betrayed Marth to save her and then praises her cooking. Though that art of Est there makes her look a lot younger than him...

Abel and Est get married in their game. For their ending in FE3, she basically abandons him for stupid reasons (I think because he fought against Marth when she was kidnapped or something, can't quite remember) and he ends up spending the rest of his life searching for her miserably. This is why I despise her. She's probably the only playable character in FE that I truly hate. If you are going to do that, don't just disappear. Have the guts to speak to the person and tell them why. Urgh, annoys me so much -.-

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Abel and Est get married in their game. For their ending in FE3, she basically abandons him for stupid reasons (I think because he fought against Marth when she was kidnapped or something, can't quite remember) and he ends up spending the rest of his life searching for her miserably. This is why I despise her. She's probably the only playable character in FE that I truly hate. If you are going to do that, don't just disappear. Have the guts to speak to the person and tell them why. Urgh, annoys me so much -.-

Wow, that's pretty lame. Poor Abel, he seems like such a good dude. He fights AND runs a shop on top of that. Unfortunately, this kind of scenario is rather realistic. I've heard of people in real life dumping others for dumb reasons too.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, that's pretty lame. Poor Abel, he seems like such a good dude. He fights AND runs a shop on top of that. Unfortunately, this kind of scenario is rather realistic. I've heard of people in real life dumping others for dumb reasons too.

He is a good guy. He only fights against Marth to save her as she's used against him >.<

Yup, sadly it is known :(

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

This kinda makes me want to play shadow dragon again^

Heroes made me replayed some FE games I already played, admittedly.

I better get around to Gaiden and Judgral saga someday.

Edited by pianime94

The Archanea saga has tons of tragic love stories. In addition to Abel and Est, Palla also had a crush on him. Linde loved Merric even though he ends with Elice. Both Catria and Malissa had unrequited crushes on Marth. And of course the whole Hardin/Nyna/Camus thing. 

There's probably more but that's off the top of my head. 

8 minutes ago, Jave said:

The Archanea saga has tons of tragic love stories. In addition to Abel and Est, Palla also had a crush on him. Linde loved Merric even though he ends with Elice. Both Catria and Malissa had unrequited crushes on Marth. And of course the whole Hardin/Nyna/Camus thing. 

I usually kill Est off and then headcanon Palla and Abel getting together ^.^

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Man, that's just lame. :( Did the devs only want Marth and Caeda to be happy (and I guess Merric and Elice) and no one else?

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did the devs only want Marth and Caeda to be happy (and I guess Merric and Elice) and no one else?

Merric and Elice also don't seem to end up together, and seeing as Marth is an emotional trainwreck after two world wars in three years, I doubt his and Caeda's relationship is in any way happy.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Merric and Elice also don't seem to end up together, and seeing as Marth is an emotional trainwreck after two world wars in three years, I doubt his and Caeda's relationship is in any way happy.

They still probably had a family if the Ylisse royals' existence is anything to go by. They're Marth's descendants. So it likely had some happiness. But wow, it's like the devs didn't want anybody to truly be happy in this game...

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

What unholy forces did they sacrifice to to get this on their main account?

Anna doesn't accept anything unholy. They probably got heir hands on something big like a whale (get it, whales?)

Well, my significant other got me a Google Play Card unexpectedly.

How did I do?

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-03-21-23-35-

Yay!  And with that, my 5* bonus chance resets.  I'll be holding off for the rest of this Focus.  I would love to get Lucius and Priscilla, but they're healers sadly, and hopefully, they'll be available as 4* after this.  Sadly, I've got every available 3* and am running out of 4* to get, so short of getting a 5*, Summoning loses its appeal.

She's -Spd, because of course she is, but she has an open A slot skill, so I think I'll give her +Spd skills to compensate.

Here's to hoping for some Tellius characters soon.

So I gave in to pulling on my second account because it doesn't have as much fodder. Thought I'd do one pull to get some fodder up. 

It started off nicely: Pulled a three star Raigh so either he or my existing Raigh can add their lovely tome to my skills to use.

Then along came Gordin - even better. A nice vantage to pass along from him or my dupe Gordin.

And then along came Rebecca - my fifth female five star on this account. I think this account is here to mess with me. Not keen on her main art, but I quite like her attacking, special and hurt art so not bad there :D 

And then along came Lucius - my sixth female --- huh? Not female? Ah ha! He tricked the account! Muahahahaha! Finally, a male five star on my second account xD Not keen on his art in the slightest but I've always liked him as a character. I now have one of every colour five star on this account, at least, although no single ranged reddies yet. 

I finished off with a three star Matthew, for another double of poison blow or whatever it's called. 

All in all, I am very happy. It's my first duplicate 5* pull and the fodder I received is definitely pretty good :D Likely won't pull from this one again, despite Karel and Jaffar being my two main wants from this particular focus ^.^ I've used up all my luck from now until Christmas, I reckon.

16 hours ago, Jave said:

I think there's also Julian and Lena, iirc they end up together, it's been quite a long time since I played Shadow Dragon. Also, didn't Navarre, Ogma and Roger have a crush with Caeda?

Onto the pull topic, I'm gathering orbs until Michalis's banner is up, will cross fingers to pull Eliwood to build a good Cavalry team: I already have 5* Abel and Priscilla, there's also Cecilia which will be merged to a new one as soon as the april update knocks the door. This to make the 4 riders of the apocalypse! Beware honed abel!

inb4 I pull gordin the doofus

Edited by Quintessence

Time to playpull!

nEppZHP.png

The usual stuff, two reds, two greens, one blue. Started with reds in search of Karel or else:

dXnQ8q6CiSc.jpg

Okay, I thought. Let's go on, I thought.

obqzu86.png

Another Gunter, another Barst, another Fir (I can build a lovely Forrest out of them), a new Florina and a new Henry. My rate is now at 4.25%!

⋆⋆⋆⋆ Henry   +Spd −HP
⋆⋆⋆ Fir   neutral
⋆⋆⋆ Florina F neutral
⋆⋆⋆ Gunter C +Def −Spd
⋆⋆⋆ Barst   +Atk −HP
Edited by Vaximillian

4 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Praying that you actually pull a 5* this time.

And I did pull a 5⋆!

6BT9N9A.png

The assortment of orbs was pretty benevolent, as usual:

lboSoc2.png

Then I started opening from the greys. Gordin. Wrys. Lon'qu. I started banging back of my head at the wall. Then I get to the blue orb:
NINIAN.

Then Cecilia came last and ruined all the fun, like she does.

5nZVja6.png

⋆⋆⋆ Gordin   +Atk −Def
⋆⋆⋆ Wrys   +HP −Res
⋆⋆⋆ Lon'qu   +Spd −Def
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Ninian   +Spd −Res
⋆⋆⋆ Cecilia C +HP −Def

I actually like this Gordin's stat spread: defence is his strong suit anyway, and more attack is always great for a brave weapon user.
This Wrys I can't care about: I already have a 4⋆ version, so to the grinder he goes and takes his healing staff. I'm not taking him with me.
This Lon'qu is silly: his natural speed is already the highest of them all, and his defences are already paper-thin. A Vantage fodder.
This Cecilia: no, just no. Guess I'm spoilt by all the +Atk Cecilias I've pulled before.
This Ninian: speed is nice, I suppose? Being penalised in Res will hurt but hey, this is a Ninian blessed in speed.

All in all, I've spent 100 orbs on this banner and got one 5⋆. Apparently, it's better than the previous one where I got nothing.

Edited by Vaximillian

Did another pull from getting those 10 orbs from that Michalis GBH reward + the Lunatic quests

More skill fodder, but good skill fodder.

2 x 4* Pallas  - Great, 2 more Moonbows, WoM and Spur Speed. >:D Loves me almost as much as Subaki...
1 x 3* Serra   - Hone Attack, not too bad
1 x 3* Gunther - Silver Axe and Armoured Blow, another Hone Attack.
1 x 4* Lissa   - Renewal 1-3. Good