12 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Dayni Glad you got who you were aiming for. Nature is basically neutral so Leif will put in good work.

Well, I had some others I'd have liked... I did get Ranulf as well at least (I'm half tempted to pair them up thanks to the manga), jeez what happened to his attack?

As for the nature being essentially neutral, I'm not so sure with Atk/Res Push, he's now got less HP and that could remove the effect one attack sooner, I'd have to check.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

keep +spd.
37/37 is much  better than 37/34

Uh, what? Why would a +Atk Palla and a +Spd one have the exact same Atk stat? +Atk would obviously give her more Atk. So that would be 40/34 for +Atk, right?

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Do you run her on a flier team and stack Goad Fliers or generally run a lot of speed buffs with her? If so, then she could reach a point where more speed has a diminishing return compared to more attack.

+Spd makes her less dependant on speed buffs or being on a flier team with Goad Fliers stacking while +Atk means more damage and that can be more useful if she's getting a lot of speed from somewhere.

I typically use her in AR to kill traps and armors (mainly Surtr). But I do try to give her whatever buffs I can from the rest of my AR team though.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, what? Why would a +Atk Palla and a +Spd one have the exact same Atk stat? +Atk would obviously give her more Atk. So that would be 40/34 for +Atk, right?

Sorry to confuse you. #typo
yah. it would be 41/37 vs. 37/34

I personally would still go with the speed boon. (yes in a sense too much speed becomes a waste as was pointed out, but i find i'd rather find ways to buff the atk than the speed (and if she needs the hit,  she's fastish enough to double). but really you can't go wrong either way. 

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Sorry to confuse you. #typo
yah. it would be 41/37 vs. 37/34

I personally would still go with the speed boon. (yes in a sense too much speed becomes a waste as was pointed out, but i find i'd rather find ways to buff the atk than the speed (and if she needs the hit,  she's fastish enough to double). but really you can't go wrong either way. 

I think you still have that backwards... That'd be 41/34 and 37/37, I believe. But I still see your point. Thanks. I don't really feel like re-leveling her, so I'll just merge into +Spd.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think you still have that backwards... That'd be 41/34 and 37/37, I believe. But I still see your point. Thanks. I don't really feel like re-leveling her, so I'll just merge into +Spd.

clearly i need chocolate. but i'm glad you got the point. 

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I typically use her in AR to kill traps and armors (mainly Surtr). But I do try to give her whatever buffs I can from the rest of my AR team though.

You already made your choice, but considering you mainly use her to fight armors and Pegasus Carrot having effective damage against armors, +Atk would have scaled well with the effective damage.

Spring Palla with +Atk and Pegasus Carrot+ would have 53 Atk; 41 base + 12 Mt. Against armors, her attack would be multiplied by 1.5 for 79 Atk. The Atk superasset gives her 6 more attack (4 * 1.5 = 6) as =Atk spring Palla would have have 49 Atk from her 37 base plus 12 Mt Pegasus Carrot which becomes 73 Atk against armors. With armors usually having high defense and even though her attack is already high and she'd probably be able to double most of them, overkill is still better than kill or worse, missing out a kill.

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

You already made your choice, but considering you mainly use her to fight armors and Pegasus Carrot having effective damage against armors, +Atk would have scaled well with the effective damage.

Spring Palla with +Atk and Pegasus Carrot+ would have 53 Atk; 41 base + 12 Mt. Against armors, her attack would be multiplied by 1.5 for 79 Atk. The Atk superasset gives her 6 more attack (4 * 1.5 = 6) as =Atk spring Palla would have have 49 Atk from her 37 base plus 12 Mt Pegasus Carrot which becomes 73 Atk against armors. With armors usually having high defense and even though her attack is already high and she'd probably be able to double most of them, overkill is still better than kill or worse, missing out a kill.

Yeah, I figured as much. But it is indeed too late now.

This banner wasn't great.

First, it refused to give me a substantial amount of colorless orbs. Only one in a batch, if any at all. I got pity broken by legendary Hector, which wasn't the worst, but he was the only green unit I already had and I like my current one better to keep. I'm just slightly salty that I saved up over 130 orbs and threw them all away so fast on this banner while not getting any of the three units I was aiming for most. Stoopid gacha.

This new banner that showed up is also Colourless stacked.

Crap.

3 Colourless, 1 each Blue, Green (CRAP)

4* Priscilla (Ugh. +Spd/-Atk), 4* Saizo (Yuck. +Res/-Spd), 3* Lachesis (Really shouldn't have bothered. +Atk/-Res)

Let's see what I can manage from the big banner though. I was on 9% last I checked.

3 Blue, 1 each Red, Green

3* Effie (Just one Thea'd be nice. +Def/-Atk), 4* Florina (Not much good either. +Atk/-Spd), 4* Mathilda (+Def/-Res, why did she only get Rally Res?)

2 each Red, Blue, 1 Colourless

3* Virion (YOU. ARE. NOT. THE. ARCHEST. +Def/-HP), 3* Effie (STOP. IT. +Atk/-Res), 3* Effie (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

+HP/-Spd

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-)

9.5%

@mampfoid Now that's what I'm talking about!

@mcsilas @Alexmender @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy

Yeah, I'd already decided I was going to pass on pulling on this banner after discovering Veronica and Caineghis were going to be sharing a color, even before Lyn in november was a thing. No interest in Laegjarn either so I'm going to grab the colorless orbs in the discounted circle and be on my way. 2 colorless stones. Cool.

+HP/-RES Viron as the free pull. Sweet, just the boon I was missing. If I want to build him up now I can with that fantastic, weapon. It's the little things.

Alright let me grab that other colorless stone and-

Spoiler

aAHRazX.png

See... this is exactly what I was talking about. Yes, it's an extremely cheap *5, yes Veronica's a great unit. Heck, this one's even +ATK/-DEF which is pretty freaking fantastic. But I already have her. I pulled her off focus and I'm perfectly happy with the +HP/-DEF one that currently resides in my barracks. This could have been a Caineghis. I can't describe the way that possibility makes me feel. This is why you don't do color share banners. It's exactly what I was afraid of.

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and merge her and make her +1 with +ATK as the new base. I already have a spare Genny for Wrathful Staff so she's better spent just becoming a notch stronger. Colorless continues to treat me well even if it doesn't necessarily give me everything I want.

This game continues to vex me. But I press forward. Bring on Farfetched Heroes. Hopefully it's no one I care about. Edward, Ross and Ilyana won't be there so chances are it'll be a safe skip.

@Zeo @mampfoid Wow congrats on the fast Veronicas, even if Caineghis would've been better for you Zeo 😞

I suddenly wanted to summon Leif after seeing people get him, so I YOLOed like 5 orbs but got a +Atk Wrys lol. I hate how these banners end way before we get a new heroes trailer...getting impatient for new units

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid Wow congrats on the fast Veronicas, even if Caineghis would've been better for you Zeo 😞

I suddenly wanted to summon Leif after seeing people get him, so I YOLOed like 5 orbs but got a +Atk Wrys lol. I hate how these banners end way before we get a new heroes trailer...getting impatient for new units

no we should get a trailer before the banner ends. we generally do, don't we?

Even though it's a duplicate @Zeo i'd happily take a +atk vero vs. my +def one. (and my free Sakura i got this morning). 
I'm on orb saving too so i can't even try for more veros + trying for Mufasas. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

no we should get a trailer before the banner ends. we generally do, don't we?

Even though it's a duplicate @Zeo i'd happily take a +atk vero vs. my +def one. (and my free Sakura i got this morning). 
I'm on orb saving too so i can't even try for more veros + trying for Mufasas. 

Sometimes they don't (I remember a few recent ones didn't have one, and then suddenly Gallia banner with Ranulf pounced out of nowhere). But maybe we will get one since Version Update will be soon, but it's also my fault for being impatient and not being able to wait until next week lol

@mampfoid @Zeo Nice Veronicas! Congrats!

@Diovani Bressan Nice Leanne, congrats!

I want Laegjarn, both to have her and for R Duel Flying, so I decided to summon both red stones in my free circle. One was a 3-star Selena while the other was a 4-star Bantu, pretty nice fodder, so it was worth the 4 orbs.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Haha, congrats! Better than a second Virion I guess. 

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Thanks! 

Leif will be back. ;- )

14 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

@mampfoid @Zeo Nice Veronicas! Congrats!

@Diovani Bressan Nice Leanne, congrats!

I want Laegjarn, both to have her and for R Duel Flying, so I decided to summon both red stones in my free circle. One was a 3-star Selena while the other was a 4-star Bantu, pretty nice fodder, so it was worth the 4 orbs.

Thanks! Sorry Laegjarn didn't show up for you. 

She showed up for me in the least expected moment. 

Me: I guess I'll pull the lone red here, would be neat if I got a random Ike or Elincia to keep merging...

RwSEK1m.jpg

WHAT NO FREAKING WAY. I didn't actually expect it to happen! lol And that's not even the best part! SHE'S +SPD! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! YAAAAAS!

Jelly of all these Leifs. Unfortunately Elise took all my Orbs so I'll have to wait for his rerun~

Spoiler
On 10/29/2019 at 7:08 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Free summon! I hope I can get a Leif... Let Go!

4 Red orbs and 1 Blue orb appears

Oh well... maybe next time... however:

Screenshot_20191029-063319.png

Ike was the Free Summon, and Palla appeared next. I got pretty lucky, but not in the color I wanted. No complains here. I will probably keep Palla for Arena Assault. Maybe her dagger can be useful agaisnt green armored foes. Ike... he will be foddered when the time comes, because I will not use this boy because I do nto care for him.

Congrats on Ike and Pallar!

On 10/29/2019 at 3:31 AM, Tybrosion said:

BDFzhxQ.png

Well gee, getting this Leif (+Res/-Def) took no time at all unlike his still absent original version. Also, it was about time I finally got another free pull 5*.

Also, that other 5* would be my second +Atk/-HP Hector this week. So all in all, I’m pretty content right now.

Congrats on Leif and Hector!

On 10/29/2019 at 3:35 AM, mampfoid said:

I want Leif for one-turn clears, the rest of the banner isn't very interesting, even if I don't have any of the reds. Four pity breaker OG Leifs (never wanted him) should give me credit for this. 

Last banners didn't give me anything at 5* (Zofia's Call at 3.5% and A Monstrous Harvest at 5.25%), so hope is here to change my luck. 

Sniping colorless, the third session only has the other colors:

Reveal hidden contents

wddkVgQ.png

Best pull from red, +HP/-DEF is fine. Switching to green because of Hector (merges/fodder) and Ranulf (missing).

Directly the next session:

Reveal hidden contents

v0uawT5.png

+SPD/-RES

Should I switch bases from +ATK/-RES?

One Jakob later: 

Reveal hidden contents

Woooooooooo!!!

5rgrkqP.png

+ATK/-DEF, which is just perfect! 

Awesome, luck is definitely back. 

@daisy jane @Diovani BressanBrBs @Maaka    @mcsilas

Three 5* in 24 orbs is the best start into a banner since a veeery long time. Especially considering that I have been mostly unlucky on legendary banners and that I got the unit I wanted very fast. 

Stopping now, can't get better anyway. 

Lucky! That's a lot of 5*s for pretty cheap!

On 10/29/2019 at 3:54 AM, mcsilas said:

as for me i was primarily wanting Ranulf or any colourless unit. Would like Ike/Palla or fixing Lucina’s -Atk but with a humble 38 orbs those aren’t a priority.

For my main, first circle had 4 reds and 1 green which was a Libra. Skipped red.

next circle was 2 greens and 1 colourless. Picked colourless and got my first Mercedes at +Atk/-HP!! Perfect, will promote her one day. Then got a Barst (woooo!!) and a fast 5 star with a +Def/-Atk Lector! Yay for DC fodder! (Need to think of an armour who would like VF)

then tried again one last time, no colourless focus units but i did get a +HP/-Spd Picnic Felicia! At least she’s new and I have a beast killer now! Sadly no Ranulf but technically i got the better greens since he can show up anytime. 2 quick 5 stars is a great result.

as for my second account i only had 28 orbs. Colourless gave me some dud daggers and a Legault at least. Then i YOLOed my 4th circle when i had 12 orbs, frustrated with only getting red and blue beforehand. The single green gave me a second Ranulf!!! +Spd/-HP so i can finally merge away the Atk superbane!!! Great result for low orbs, Leif would be nice but i’ll just wait until the last day, i’m already happy

Congrats on fixing your Ranulf and your other goodies!!

On 10/29/2019 at 4:30 AM, Zeo said:

So Lyn is a thing near the end of next month which seriously limited the amount of orbs I could spend. This banner is basically a skip. But I said I'd do the discounted pull so I stuck to my word. No blues in the pool which was best case scenario. Not expecting anything but any unit I pull from Green/Red/Colorless is a boon except Palla so let's give it a shot. This is what I came back with.

Reveal hidden contents

R3e7bYD.png

Considering how absolutely awful legendary/mythic banners have treated me since I came back I really wasn't expecting anything so this was a nice surprise. V!Ike is +ATK/-RES and Felicia is +DEF/-RES making her a mixed tank. It kind of vexes me that I don't have Special Fighter and then I pull these two and still don't have any because I don't fodder off my only copy of a unit, but regardless I was pretty stocked to get a double whammy. Hoped for the fabled triple *5 pull but nada. Either way, I'm happy.

Good fortune on the Legendary banner made me want to break my rate (against my better judgement) so I grabbed the orbs I'd kept in stock for emergencies and went back to the Halloween banner for Hector. Went in with 20 orbs, two reds, nothing. Did the CC's I had leftover and went back in with 17 orbs. One red, nope. Considered stopping but went in one last time with 12 orbs at what I'm pretty sure was a 4.75% rate.

Reveal hidden contents

P9QX5AL.png

Nope, not Hector. On one hand I'm disappointed. On the other I love Ilyana and she's one of my favorites in the Tellius series, like top 5 favorites. So it's hard not to be happy to have her. On the third hand the banner has been dumping blue orbs on me since the initial 3.00% rate and If I hadn't been avoiding them chances are I could have gotten her for a lot less orbs which is irksome. Maybe I'm overthinking things. Anyways, she's +DEF/-RES like... most of my Armors tend to be and I'm happy to have her. Maybe next year, Hector.

If my Math holds up I spent 34 orbs alltogether here. It's hard to be mad at my returns even if I'm going into the next month nearly broke (plus the potential 15 I'm going to spend on the guard banner coming up soon and the farfetched heroes banner.). I've got 7 orbs now, 5 orbs leftover from the monthly quests, 2 from GC and 1 from Arena so that's 13 orbs entering november. Pretty pitiful but you know what? I'm satisfied.

October treated me well. Almost wish I could keep going on the legendary but I'm going to keep it moving. Lyn's waiting in november.

Nice, congrats! Good luck getting Lyn later!

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Got a free Veronica! 

Screenshot_20191030-080701.png?width=171

Congrats again!

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Yeah, I'd already decided I was going to pass on pulling on this banner after discovering Veronica and Caineghis were going to be sharing a color, even before Lyn in november was a thing. No interest in Laegjarn either so I'm going to grab the colorless orbs in the discounted circle and be on my way. 2 colorless stones. Cool.

+HP/-RES Viron as the free pull. Sweet, just the boon I was missing. If I want to build him up now I can with that fantastic, weapon. It's the little things.

Reveal hidden contents

aAHRazX.png

See... this is exactly what I was talking about. Yes, it's an extremely cheap *5, yes Veronica's a great unit. Heck, this one's even +ATK/-DEF which is pretty freaking fantastic. But I already have her. I pulled her off focus and I'm perfectly happy with the +HP/-DEF one that currently resides in my barracks. This could have been a Caineghis. I can't describe the way that possibility makes me feel. This is why you don't do color share banners. It's exactly what I was afraid of.

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and merge her and make her +1 with +ATK as the new base. I already have a spare Genny for Wrathful Staff so she's better spent just becoming a notch stronger. Colorless continues to treat me well even if it doesn't necessarily give me everything I want.

This game continues to vex me. But I press forward. Bring on Farfetched Heroes. Hopefully it's no one I care about. Edward, Ross and Ilyana won't be there so chances are it'll be a safe skip.

Your luck's been crazy lately, nice!~

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Lady Luck blessed me with good fortune:

Screenshot_20191030-061531.png

I will merge this one with her... twin. She will be +3 now.

Leanne and good fortune in the same sentence? Hmmmmm

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

WHAT NO FREAKING WAY. I didn't actually expect it to happen! lol And that's not even the best part! SHE'S +SPD! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! YAAAAAS!

Congrats! That's an insanely lucky free pull if she is one of your favs. 

+SPD Elincia is big fun, hope you'll enjoy playing her. 

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Lucky! That's a lot of 5*s for pretty cheap!

Thanks! Good luck getting Leif yourself.

And thanks again. ;- )

Just now, mampfoid said:

Congrats! That's an insanely lucky free pull if she is one of your favs. 

+SPD Elincia is big fun, hope you'll enjoy playing her. 

Elincia is best girl to me! So yes, probably the luckiest free pull I've ever had! Not even that free pull Brave Ike I got from a daily banner awhile back is quite on this level, as he was actually a focus unit. Elincia isn't one here!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Elincia is best girl to me! So yes, probably the luckiest free pull I've ever had! Not even that free pull Brave Ike I got from a daily banner awhile back is quite on this level, as he was actually a focus unit. Elincia isn't one here!

how merged is your elincia now?