44 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Uggg. So even though I know I should be saving for the Mythic banner (Altina looks awesome 😲) , more distant counter fodder is just too good to pass up. I've already spent way too much on it as is, but I've gotten 2 Bytleth's, 2 Nagi's, and only 1 Nailah. Since I don't really like to fodder off my only copy of a unit I really wanted to get another Nailah because Null C-Disrupt is so good on a DC user. So I snipe a bit of blue, and I get pity broken by Quan. Again. I was pity broken by him a few days ago too. WTF? There are dozens of blue 5* units I'd be happy with, but why Quan? Twice? He doesn't even have any good fodder. And the best part? They're BOTH -Atk. The Gatcha Gods must really hate me 😞

X8ivkG7l.jpg

No so. Quan has rally spd/def+ and drive atk. which is great for arena. 
Use an oscar for Rally Spd Def, then Quan for Spd/Def+ and Drive Atk. 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

No so. Quan has rally spd/def+ and drive atk. which is great for arena. 
Use an oscar for Rally Spd Def, then Quan for Spd/Def+ and Drive Atk. 

Yeah, I guess that's true. But I'd definitely trade 2 of those for just 1 DC/Null C-D combo 😉

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Yeah, I guess that's true. But I'd definitely trade 2 of those for just 1 DC/Null C-D combo 😉

oh for sure. 
(I'm team kill them if i need them - i do know a lot of people don't kill their only copy, but with nailah i have no hesitation. i just need to know who to kill her for). 

@TEKWRX Like you I should be saving up for Altina, but couldn't pass up trying to get something on the DC banner. Was hoping for Nagi, got a Dorcas. Dude. I wanted inheritable DC, not prf DC.

Whelp, guess it is to saving for Mythic now that the pity is broken. Still have the TT orbs to earn luckily(plus some chain challenges).

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. At the moment I am sitting at 6% pity rate on the banner with Igrene. Almost 400 orbs there and I didn't get her. Only one pity breaker.
The funny part is that I got a 5* Hawkeye on free pull on the other Banner. This feels quite insulting. xD Or he just says, nope. forget it boy. 

Edited by Stroud

@Anacybele Congrats on finally getting them! So sorry about that bane though... But their attack will still be pretty good in spite of it! 

@Stroud Ouch, that doesn't sound good. Crossing my fingers it'll be Igrene who breaks that 6% for you!

As for me... This is the last day of the Sacred Stones banner. A friend offered to buy me some orbs as an early christmas present seeing how badly this banner went for me. Actually, I can't say it went badly, the rate of 5-stars is pretty good actually, but the amount of off focus units has been insane. And the focus units were kind of a big deal to me this time around. I thought it over, and figured I'd take them up on the offer and also spend some of the budget that would usually go towards buying FE Cipher cards to get even more. If I could get what I wanted here fast, any leftover orbs could be used for Altina who is also someone I regard as a must have.

And I'm happy to announce that it was a resounding success!

Spoiler

w2EF10zl.png

Started off with a pity breaker, but it was someone I didn't have at least! He's completely neutral which isn't bad, but I don't know if I have much need for him considering I'm pretty set in the blue breath department. It's tempting to squeeze him for feathers and then fodder him for Null Follow-Up, but I'm not sure who I would give it to. With this I have pulled every Corrin in the game though, both male and female, which is neat. This banner gave me both Adrift M!Corrin and Fallen F!Corrin, the two I had been missing.

pspCCFrl.png

Then came Keaton almost immidiately after, which is also a unit I didn't have. He's +Res -Def, not that good but not that bad either. I'm pretty neutral on him as a character which is why I haven't pulled for him before, but as a unit he actually looks really fun, already coming with Special Spiral and a dual phase Brave weapon. He also gives me the last Valor skill I was missing, Beast Valor, so I think I'll definitely keep him around. All in all an off focus I'm happy to have pulled.

N4sBWjYl.png

Another off focus, but also another incredibly good off focus! I might have been more disappointed at getting off focus units even after having bought orbs if it wasn't for the fact that these units came almost back to back, not really giving them any pity to break. That, and also being great fodder or units I didn't have. Idunn here is +Atk -Spd which is great, but I already have a +Def one at +1 merge, so I'm leaning strongly towards using this one for Fortress Def/Res 3. I have so many units who would want that though, so it'll probably be some time before I manage to decide.

2dsdw2dl.png

And finally, Ewan! +Def -HP, completely fine. I'm just so happy to have him! Now I have the entire trifecta of trainees, Ross, Amelia and him. And I can stop summoning red! Hopefully his sister doesn't take too long to show up as a 4-star. I know I'll be very exited whenever I'm summoning colorless in the coming months at least!

V0dasqUl.png

And on the very next circle after Ewan, these guys. It's over! They're +HP -Res, which is quite decent. Now I only have to worry about getting Tethys someday, and my Sacred Stones collection will be complete once again. Because there's no way they don't demote Tethys... right?

So that's it. The final tally is 14 off focus units to 3 focus units. Definitely the most trouble a banner has given me for some time, but in the end I'm quite happy with how it turned out. None of the focus units had awful IVs, I regained Laegjarn who I've wanted to get back, I got some good units I've wanted like Laevatein, Fallen Corrin and Keaton, and I got some great fodder. I also got a Ross in the process, and even though I've spent a lot of orbs and even a bit of money, the rate of 5-stars has been great. These last five in particular showed up in really rapid succession, even leaving me with a few orbs left. Once I do the GHB quests, I'll have over 50 orbs saved up that I can use on Altina! I know that's not actually a lot, so I'm not expecting to definitely get her or anything, but it's a lot better than nothing and a little exitement to look forward to tomorrow at least.

19 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

@Anacybele Congrats on finally getting them! So sorry about that bane though... But their attack will still be pretty good in spite of it! 

@Stroud Ouch, that doesn't sound good. Crossing my fingers it'll be Igrene who breaks that 6% for you!

As for me... This is the last day of the Sacred Stones banner. A friend offered to buy me some orbs as an early christmas present seeing how badly this banner went for me. Actually, I can't say it went badly, the rate of 5-stars is pretty good actually, but the amount of off focus units has been insane. And the focus units were kind of a big deal to me this time around. I thought it over, and figured I'd take them up on the offer and also spend some of the budget that would usually go towards buying FE Cipher cards to get even more. If I could get what I wanted here fast, any leftover orbs could be used for Altina who is also someone I regard as a must have.

Hide contents

w2EF10zl.png

Started off with a pity breaker, but it was someone I didn't have at least! He's completely neutral which isn't bad, but I don't know if I have much need for him considering I'm pretty set in the blue breath department. It's tempting to squeeze him for feathers and then fodder him for Null Follow-Up, but I'm not sure who I would give it to. With this I have pulled every Corrin in the game though, both male and female, which is neat. This banner gave me both Adrift M!Corrin and Fallen F!Corrin, the two I had been missing.

pspCCFrl.png

Then came Keaton almost immidiately after, which is also a unit I didn't have. He's +Res -Def, not that good but not that bad either. I'm pretty neutral on him as a character which is why I haven't pulled for him before, but as a unit he actually looks really fun, already coming with Special Spiral and a dual phase Brave weapon. He also gives me the last Valor skill I was missing, Beast Valor, so I think I'll definitely keep him around. All in all an off focus I'm happy to have pulled.

N4sBWjYl.png

Another off focus, but also another incredibly good off focus! I might have been more disappointed at getting off focus units even after having bought orbs if it wasn't for the fact that these units came almost back to back, not really giving them any pity to break. That, and also being great fodder or units I didn't have. Idunn here is +Atk -Spd which is great, but I already have a +Def one at +1 merge, so I'm leaning strongly towards using this one for Fortress Def/Res 3. I have so many units who would want that though, so it'll probably be some time before I manage to decide.

2dsdw2dl.png

And finally, Ewan! +Def -HP, completely fine. I'm just so happy to have him! Now I have the entire trifecta of trainees, Ross, Amelia and him. And I can stop summoning red! Hopefully his sister doesn't take too long to show up as a 4-star. I know I'll be very exited whenever I'm summoning colorless in the coming months at least!

V0dasqUl.png

And on the very next circle after Ewan, these guys. It's over! They're +HP -Res, which is quite decent. Now I only have to worry about getting Tethys someday, and my Sacred Stones collection will be complete once again. Because there's no way they don't demote Tethys... right?

So that's it. The final tally is 14 off focus units to 3 focus units. Definitely the most trouble a banner has given me for some time, but in the end I'm quite happy with how it turned out. None of the focus units had awful IVs, I regained Laegjarn who I've wanted to get back, I got some good units I've wanted like Laevatein, Fallen Corrin and Keaton, and I got some great fodder. I also got a Ross in the process, and even though I've spent a lot of orbs and even a bit of money, the rate of 5-stars has been great. These last five in particular showed up in really rapid succession, even leaving me with a few orbs left. Once I do the GHB quests, I'll have over 50 orbs saved up that I can use on Altina! I know that's not actually a lot, so I'm not expecting to definitely get her or anything, but it's a lot better than nothing and a little exitement to look forward to tomorrow at least.

Congratulations!!  So glad you got the units you were after!!

27 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Congrats on finally getting them! So sorry about that bane though... But their attack will still be pretty good in spite of it! 

Yeah, hopefully! And thanks! It's nice to finally have them too, especially since freaking ALTINA is coming and I want her so much. I would've had to stop blowing orbs on this banner so I could try for her. And even now, I have just a small stockpile. >_<

43 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Hide contents

w2EF10zl.png

pspCCFrl.png

N4sBWjYl.png

2dsdw2dl.png

V0dasqUl.png

that's a really nice friend. (hug) i'm so happy you got this. 
and at least you know with altina she will be back, though she might not have a good colourshare. but she will come back. 

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Congratulations!!  So glad you got the units you were after!!

Thanks! I'm really happy too!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, hopefully! And thanks! It's nice to finally have them too, especially since freaking ALTINA is coming and I want her so much. I would've had to stop blowing orbs on this banner so I could try for her. And even now, I have just a small stockpile. >_<

I can definitely relate, I really want Altina as well... At least we'll know when she comes back, unlike with Duo Ephraim. Good luck getting Altina, hope she shows up faster than Ephraim did!

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

that's a really nice friend. (hug) i'm so happy you got this. 
and at least you know with altina she will be back, though she might not have a good colourshare. but she will come back. 

Yeah, I'll definitely be very happy if I only get Sothis instead of Altina as well. Will be a little disappointed with Marth, but I'll accept him as well. But Altina being on mythic banners is definitely better than Duo Heroes with their seasonal status. Hope you get lucky and pull Sothis (I assume that's still your plan?).

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@BoaFerox Glad your final plan worked for you, congrats! And good luck getting Altina!

Thanks! Felt really nice that it all worked out in the end. Good luck getting Altina to you as well!

4 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Yeah, I'll definitely be very happy if I only get Sothis instead of Altina as well. Will be a little disappointed with Marth, but I'll accept him as well. But Altina being on mythic banners is definitely better than Duo Heroes with their seasonal status. Hope you get lucky and pull Sothis (I assume that's still your plan?).

yes but now i need Altina. 
need. i tell you. this chicky could have been infantry or on a horse and i would have been like cool. but they had to make her fly. 

this game knows me, man. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

yes but now i need Altina. 
need. i tell you. this chicky could have been infantry or on a horse and i would have been like cool. but they had to make her fly. 

this game knows me, man. 

Haha, I get that. Flier is my favourite movement type as well. Funny how all the offensive mythic heroes are fliers, actually. And Altina is so cool. Really, really want her. 

Just realized I bought orbs the day before they decide to do Black Friday deals... Oh well, it's not like I could have used those packs on the Sacred Stones banner anyways. But I might be tempted to get one for Altina...

33 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I can definitely relate, I really want Altina as well... At least we'll know when she comes back, unlike with Duo Ephraim. Good luck getting Altina, hope she shows up faster than Ephraim did!

Yeah, she better. I think I went well over 300 orbs before Ephraim + Lyon finally showed up.

Not interested in green so opening everything else on the first round and will then play it by ear. Targets are Altina, Julia and Fjorm.

1 red, 2 blues, 2 greens

3* Soleil
5* Legendary Julia +Spd -HP
3* Peri

Welp, mediocre nature aside, that's exactly what I wanted. I think I'm done here. But because I got the 5* I opened the greens anyway because this is my last orb expenditure for the month so whatever.

5* Yarne +HP -Spd
4* Raven

Sure, I didn't actually want Yarne, but if I had to pick one green from the three available, he'd be the clear pick. Bonus.

P.S. Existing Julia is +HP -Atk, so I have the pretty underwhelming choice of +HP or +Spd. Any thoughts? Both seem pretty much irrelevant to her performance.

I got a Duma.

... Not exactly my top priority because I already had one and I didn't have the other two. Ehh ...

Well, it's something for not a lot of orbs spent.

Almost all my orbs are gone and no Altina. Somehow 4 Legendary Marths. I think I’m going to cry

Edit: got another Marth then I finally got her!!!!!! Yeah, but now I have barely any orbs. Went from 226 to 16

Edited by SSbardock84

If I had to pick just one unit from this banner to free pull it'd be bridal fjorm due to her rarity. And that's exactly what the game gave me. After that I spent some 70 ish orbs sniping reds and greens and only got a Lyn to show for it. I guess I still haven't learned my lesson to just take the money and run. Can't believe I have five of these sitting in my barracks now.

Edited by Glennstavos

Haven't spent any orbs since the Archanean banner but since it looks like Anna isn't getting an alt any time soon I figured I would take this opportunity to +10 Nagi because who knows when I will get the chance to summon her again. 900 orbs later and after getting pitybroken by B!Micaiah, Edelgard, B!Ephraim, Tana, and Nailah (all great pitybrakers by the way they are all new for me) along the way I completed this...

25wqZZb.png

Oh, and as for my free summon on the Mythic Banner...

nSIyylM.png

Ha, you wouldn't give me Naga after spending tons of orbs but you will give the girl whose game I have never played for free? Well, at least now I can score better during Astra season now so I guess that's a plus.

60-ish orbs for a whole lot of nothing. Can't say I expected too much but it is a little disheartening. I kind of want to break my rate but I know how these banners have been going for me so it'll be a decision I make between that, CC fodder and whatever the new heroes banner ends up being. So my last set of pulling here will be on the last day of the banner most likely.

I wound up spending some money here because I wanted Altina so so much, she's so cool and would be so useful to me and I have Tellius bias. I think my total was $60ish. Not too bad. Especially since I finally got my Financial Aid situation at my college fixed and should be getting refunded some money as a result.

I got two of Sothis and a legendary Marth. I was starting to get worried that this banner would be just as annoying as that SS one was.

But right after the second Sothis:

79TELwx.jpg

OH YEAH! I actually didn't go through a headache after all! +Def, -Res, so not the worst IVs she could've had. And I don't mind merging up Sothis and legendary Marth either, now they're +3 and +4 respectively. 😄 So I got a great haul!

Edited by Anacybele

I wanted an Altina and two Bride Fjorms. Sothis and Duma would be nice too.  Sniping red and colorless. 

At 10%:

Spoiler

s4akiZQ.png

+SPD/-DEF

Soon after that circle: 

Spoiler

qdeVfrc.png

9e6CbaY.png

zrtxl6m.png

Wohooo! Great! Too bad Altina is +DEF/-ATK (Fjrom and Marth are neutral), otherwise I would have stopped here. 

After 204 orbs I could stop at least: 

Spoiler

1SYQLJl.png

4zXxWhI.png

Yesssss!

Altina is +SPD/-DEF

Overall I'm really satisfied, also got my first Chad. Now I have to think of an Astra team. 

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Haven't spent any orbs since the Archanean banner but since it looks like Anna isn't getting an alt any time soon I figured I would take this opportunity to +10 Nagi because who knows when I will get the chance to summon her again. 900 orbs later and after getting pitybroken by B!Micaiah, Edelgard, B!Ephraim, Tana, and Nailah (all great pitybrakers by the way they are all new for me) along the way I completed this...

Spoiler

25wqZZb.png

Oh, and as for my free summon on the Mythic Banner...

Spoiler

nSIyylM.png

Ha, you wouldn't give me Naga after spending tons of orbs but you will give the girl whose game I have never played for free? Well, at least now I can score better during Astra season now so I guess that's a plus.

Wow awesome, big congrats! Nagi looks fantastic and a free Altina on the top. Glad the pity breakers were welcome. 

Edited by mampfoid
Added spoiler