26 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Yeah, I really wish I'd not dropped so many orbs on the Takumi banner if I could have done the same on this Special Heroes one and probably ended up with some really good fodder (especially some tasty daggers) 😣 Whoever plans these banners at IS knows exactly what they're doing. Very devious. Anyway, I was able to drop around 30 orbs last night, and ended up with this:

y3t79Nal.jpg

I could have saved 15 orbs if I'd just stopped when I got her as she was the first pull on this summon, but because of the pity rate I was hoping for a double 5* pull (has happened to me once or twice), but no luck. Oh well, at least she has decent IVs (+Spd -Def), but I'll probably end up foddering her for Cloud Maiougi+ anyway...

noooo. don't fodder her off. 
just wait until Larum comes on legendary!

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, Flora looks cool, congrats! 

Wait, you were trying to get Lilina all the time? 

Yes, I wasn't able to get her on the Summer Banner~ I was going for Lyn and Lilina and got 4 pitybreakers before I got Lyn and just gave up on Lilina at the time~ 

I think I messed up 🙂

I took a gamble and hoped to pull Tanith, its a 50% chance. After I spent my remaining orbs I broke the bank - 25 orbs in there. After that I remembered I hadnt done the new story content on normal and hard. In the end I had 12 orbs left and despite better knowledge I summoned and of course it had to be three blue orbs then. Dang!

7.5% pity atm. Wish I hadn't summoned. The banner is two weeks long but the uncertainty of who I MIGHT get is eating me up. Lesson learnt.

16 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

I think I messed up 🙂

I took a gamble and hoped to pull Tanith, its a 50% chance. After I spent my remaining orbs I broke the bank - 25 orbs in there. After that I remembered I hadnt done the new story content on normal and hard. In the end I had 12 orbs left and despite better knowledge I summoned and of course it had to be three blue orbs then. Dang!

7.5% pity atm. Wish I hadn't summoned. The banner is two weeks long but the uncertainty of who I MIGHT get is eating me up. Lesson learnt.

that happens to me. however the reverse is always true. you do pull on all of them and then. nothing thre. it's a catch 22 regardless. but that is a bummer. 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that happens to me. however the reverse is always true. you do pull on all of them and then. nothing thre. it's a catch 22 regardless. but that is a bummer. 

Thanks! This banner took me by surprise. It even made me temporarily disregard the possibility of an upcoming jill banner. Such is life. At least I got 12 merge project units today, so its a win regardless. Reyson came 3 times, I had a hard time pulling him before.

3 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Thanks! This banner took me by surprise. It even made me temporarily disregard the possibility of an upcoming jill banner. Such is life. At least I got 12 merge project units today, so its a win regardless. Reyson came 3 times, I had a hard time pulling him before.

see. bright sides. 
I am trying very hard not to summon because i know bait when i see it LOL(even though Xander is right. there.). but i want to save for bigger fish. 

45 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

see. bright sides. 
I am trying very hard not to summon because i know bait when i see it LOL(even though Xander is right. there.). but i want to save for bigger fish. 

Well, there was some strategy behind it. At first I gave it a pass but then I realized its without pitybreakers.

And since I wanna build a complete tellius collection, this one was helpful.

Pulling Sanaki means I don't have to pull from her bridal banner at all:win

Pulling Elincia means I can focus solely on red on the respective dancer banner: win

Pulling Tanith WOULD mean I needed to pull only one color instead of two on the respective bridal banner. Would be a win.

Lol! It's just a game after all, but there is some excitement.

Edited by Super Endriu

7 hours ago, Super Endriu said:

That's funny, I've pulled 3 Reyson's from this banner as well. Weird. It's always good to pull units that you know will be merged, I actually have two Reysons that I'm working on, it's really helpful to have multiple copies in certain modes like Rokr Seiges. I guess I'll need to pull him 22 times...🙄

Anyway, I've been going through the Chain Challenges to earn some more free orbs, and tonight after a rather grueling 10 map battle that brought me down to the last 2 units of my 3rd team, I decided to reward myself with two quick summons hoping it would cheer me up, lol. First grab was Lon'qu. Not quite what is needed to feel better. Then I pick a colorless.......

P5pwTgzl.jpg

That's more like it (and with optimal IVs; +Atk -Def😁 Not quite as useful from a fodder standpoint as HS!Xander, but I'll take it. I haven't summoned too much from this banner yet, but my personal rate is at 14.3% which I think is pretty great, especially compared to the Altina Mythic banner that I finished up at only 5.9%. I guess it was so low because of all the sniping on red I did.

Edited by TEKWRX
spelling

I hate my luck.

Pulled on the special heroes banner and got a +Def/-Res Tanith (she's new but I'm not sure if I'll end up keeping her) and fodder.  Then I went to Takumi's revival banner and got Chad (bad IVs).  So two newbs to some pointless fodder.  And still no Pent for Louise 😕 the poor girl is going to have to wait longer for her love 😞

3,462 total pulled units

Spoiler

Lon'qu (+Spd/Res): Not bad, but I kinda like +Atk better.
Echinda (neutral): She's my first, so she stays put!
Kaze (+Def/-Atk): #NotMyWaifu
Brady (+Def/-Res): I swear a +Atk one exists somewhere.
Rebecca (+HP/-Def): NO.

Hinata (+Def/-Res): FURY FODDER, but I need feathers for it.
Arthur (+Def/-Res): WHY.
Wendy (neutral): No, you need +Atk.
Mathilda (+Def/-HP): At least she has Hone Atk.
Florina (+Res/-Atk): The other way around!

Soren (+Spd/-Atk): We're not in RD. ;/
Florina (+Def/-Spd): What did I just say?
Clair (+Def/-Res): I think this is the fourth unit with this combo.
Valbar (+Res/-Def): He's new, he's 3*, and I'm going to wait until I get a proper one for Leon.
Setsuna (+Atk/-Res): YES FINALLY!

Tiki (+Spd/-Res): . . .really?
Cherche (+Res/-Atk): What did I tell Florina?
Valbar (+Res/-Atk): Oh man. . .
Catria (+Spd/-Def): That's far more competent than most of this banner.
Matthew (+Atk/-Res): WOOHOO~!  But 3*.

Stahl (+Spd/-Atk): You can hear my facepalm from here.

Barst (+Def/-Spd): REPOSITION HERE I COME!
Xander (+Def/-Res): I'm happy with this.  First, for being a new unit.  Second, for being able to leverage this combo.  Steady Stance is totally going in the S slot.

Reyson (+Res/-Def): No, reversing it doesn't make it better.
Est (+Spd/-Atk): SIGH.
Subaki (+Spd/-Def): The only one I want is +Atk.
Saizo (+HP/-Res): I bet I'm angrier than him right now--
Mikoto (+Atk/-Res): NEVER MIND!  If I ever find a good B skill, I'm going to give her something like Absorb and have her go to town!

Still no Thracia, but at least I got two new units.

EDIT: Wrong seal.  Whoops!

Edited by eclipse

Desire sensor is in full effect. I'm getting either one or no colorless stones from the revival banner every single solitary time I pull from it. I'm up to 5.00%. Most irritating part is that the tempest trials comes right after this banner ends so my chances at Takumi are finite.

Not sure how I'm going to proceed if I don't get anything before the banner disappears. The tempest coming means I could use orbs towards the double seasonal banner and potentially get Xander that way. But... it would mean I would either have to pull 2 of him (lol not gonna happen) or sack what would be my only colorless seasonal dagger dancer to give someone CC. Ugh...

I did get a Tanya though so that was neat. She's -ATK, but It's not like I'm going to build her or anything so that's fine.

Edited by Zeo

I fell for the bait because I REALLY want that Picnic Flora...And I ended with this instead

gpKKdUm.jpg

Her nature is not bad at all. 38 Atk/Res is pretty awesome all things considered. However, I don't see myself using her outside of some super niche cases and her fodder potential is quite high. So here's the question:

Should I build her or fodder her to W!Cecilia?

@Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoid @mcsilas 

@Alexmender Sorry Flora didn't come, I know that feeling exactly. No idea about foddering, but if you don't use her anyway and Cecilia can make use of her skills ... Rip.

@Zeo Sorry CC is so hard to get for you, hope you'll succeed soon. Would be easier if you canceled the collector policy. ;- )

I grabbed 90 orbs together, and the results were have been absurdly good:

• two Eyvels (+spd and +atk, picked +spd)
  • LegendaryAlm (-atk, so fodder)
  • Peony (+atk; was not even wanted because I got neither red nor green orbs)

Still no Orsin or a merge for Mareeta, but the quantity in this banner is amazing, seven 5* units for 250 orbs.

Won't be pulling on the Christmas banner, so I dumped some more orbs into the double seasonal one to get another Yukata Elincia merge. My pity rate started getting absurdly high and at that point I just wanted to break it. Wound up buying one orb pack. The rate went to 10%! -_-

x2pkNH0.jpg

And I got exactly who I wanted! 😄 -Atk, but a merge is a merge! +2 now.

Free summon on the Double Seasonal banner gave me my first Norne. Free summon on the Thracia banner gave me Mareeta. Wow, unfortunately she has the worst nature (+Def/-Spd) so she is Atk/Spd Solo fodder as far as I'm concerned. Tickets gave me nothing worthwhile. Oh well, still happy with the free Norne and Mareeta I got.

@Alexmender Depends on how much you use armors. Lillina's nature isn't exactly bad so she could have some good use, plus her class and color type is unique. If you wouldn't use one any more than the other that I would just keep her, if you'd get more mileage out of W!Cecillia than I'd go with her.

I'll say this though, you've seen what Matthew does with his dagger on the offensive side of things, unless your Cecillia has something like Bold/Vengeful fighter than a unit like Sothe would be horrifying. Take Matthew's damage numbers and add 15-20 points of damage to every hit.

@mampfoid Yeah, if I canceled that policy then I could just sac the +SPD Takumi I've had for 2 years. That would be really painful to do though, if not for the fact that it was the very first Takumi I ever pulled and I'll never pull him again with that nature. I'll say though, if I canceled that policy I could just sac the first Xander I get though.... maybe I could do that... God that would suck to do but I could do it... I have much less of an attachment to him.

I got a second Tanith +Def/-Res so I sacked her to Cynthia for her lance and Swif Sparrow.  Hopefully it'sa start towarda helping Cynthia get stronger so I can use her more.  Other than that I didn't get anything worhtwhile and I'm down to seven orbs and saving.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Yeah, if I canceled that policy then I could just sac the +SPD Takumi I've had for 2 years. That would be really painful to do though, if not for the fact that it was the very first Takumi I ever pulled and I'll never pull him again with that nature. I'll say though, if I canceled that policy I could just sac the first Xander I get though.... maybe I could do that... God that would suck to do but I could do it... I have much less of an attachment to him.

I try to avoid sacrificing my only copy of a unit, but if it really helps one of my important units, then I don't hesitate. I'll kill some units who got double+ rallys just to raise my arena score. I don't use green Corrin, Summer Gunnthrà and Quan anyway. 

Don't you think +ATK would be better for OG Takumi? His SPD was okey two years ago. 

@Alexmender Oooh congrats! She's a pretty unique type (Elise being the other red horse dagger) and is kind of annoying in some AR defense maps. Ultimately up to you if you would rather use her dagger for Cecilia if you use her a lot more, her weapon is really nice. The mobility is nice though.

I still need a horse dagger of any type so if it was me I'd use her haha.

Well I decided I didn't really need any of the Christmas units so I went ahead to try for Elincia/Xander again with 30 orbs....and got nothing...ah well.

@mampfoid I feel like if I adopted such a rule I'd relax a lot more in this game. For one thing my -SPD Quan will likely never see the light of day and nothing would change if I just gave that double rally to one of my arena core units. Same for sac'ing my Loki to give Matt C-Duel-Infantry. But I remain a hoarder.

As for Takumi, not really. In my opinion 32/36 is more servicable than 35/33. 33 Speed is pretty horrible these days. My Serra at +SPD only has 34 but she benefits from merges and dragonflowers. Takumi will never have either of those so if he sees use it's in his base form which is pretty terrible at this point. +SPD is a nice band-aid for that and if he gets another refine down the line he can work with it and that nature. +ATK Takumi would get doubled until the end of time with no bulk or real attack to show for it.

Oh, I suppose I should stay on topic. No colorless again. Red gave me a *3 Cain cause reasons. I'll probably scrounge enough orbs for 2-3 more pulls and then I'm out of luck.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid I feel like if I adopted such a rule I'd relax a lot more in this game. For one thing my -SPD Quan will likely never see the light of day and nothing would change if I just gave that double rally to one of my arena core units. Same for sac'ing my Loki to give Matt C-Duel-Infantry. But I remain a hoarder.

As for Takumi, not really. In my opinion 32/36 is more servicable than 35/33. 33 Speed is pretty horrible these days. My Serra at +SPD only has 34 but she benefits from merges and dragonflowers. Takumi will never have either of those so if he sees use it's in his base form which is pretty terrible at this point. +SPD is a nice band-aid for that and if he gets another refine down the line he can work with it and that nature. +ATK Takumi would get doubled until the end of time with no bulk or real attack to show for it.

Oh, I suppose I should stay on topic. No colorless again. Red gave me a *3 Cain cause reasons. I'll probably scrounge enough orbs for 2-3 more pulls and then I'm out of luck.

Funny a +10 +10 Gragonflowers with Bonus doubler destroyed my AA Testcrun of some units lol

like he obliterated everyone with Lazura in his back pocket!

@mampfoid @Zeo @mcsilas Thanks! I think I'll hold on the Lilina for a while. I still want to do that Broadleaf fan+/Noontime/CC/SF/QR combo for W!Cecilia but I'm out of grails atm so I'll wait until I get the grails and see if my mind changes. 

- - - 

TT banner had no greens but at least it gave me my first Tanya (-Atk because why not, at least she's gonna be relatively common).