18 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's not horrible IVS at all. Her atk/spd are neutral. if that's the only celica you ever get, consider yourself lucky 🙂 
Remember Eir and Thrasir will come back. make sure you have orbs etc for other banners and start saving for next Legendary. 

Yeah you're right, I didn't think about it that way. I just figured those IVs didn't do anything for her, so they're bad. But bad would have been decreasing Atk or Spd, so I guess anything that doesn't do that is good 😉 But like I said, I am happy.

I will be saving for sure. I also have all my daily log-in orbs saved in the present inbox untouched for almost the last month, so I've got a little cushion if some amazing banner comes along.  

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Yeah you're right, I didn't think about it that way. I just figured those IVs didn't do anything for her, so they're bad. But bad would have been decreasing Atk or Spd, so I guess anything that doesn't do that is good 😉 But like I said, I am happy.

I will be saving for sure. I also have all my daily log-in orbs saved in the present inbox untouched for almost the last month, so I've got a little cushion if some amazing banner comes along.  

lol don't worry there are other people who do that too - I always look at it like this

just ensure the two important stats for what the unit is supposed to do be safe. 
for Celica - she's neutral atk/spd.( and the girl has like 3 super banes, so basically, it's pick your poison). 

for someone like Myrrh. just make sure her atk/def is neutral (also kinda res) poof. 
esp when you can't merge up. a neutral iv in key stats are good 🙂

Hate to be negative on my first post on this site, but it's so frustrating:

My free summon for the L Celica banner was Dimitri, but I already had two of him. Since then I've spent at least 200 orbs seemingly and gotten nothing at all... Plus I've really only wanted Thrasir or Edelgard out of this banner, and each wheel has only offered 1 green summon max, and half the time there've been none. 

I got Christmas Lissa as a free pull but otherwise all 9 tickets were wasted. Ugh. 

29 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

I got Christmas Lissa as a free pull but otherwise all 9 tickets were wasted. Ugh. 

Well, you did way better than me. I got nothing at all from any of my tickets. Just the nature of the gatcha. Try not to let it get to you, it is what it is

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

had 9 orbs and 8.5% pity rate, decided to try for Dimitri once more. Got only one blue orb that was useless, pulled the colorless next to it and got another +HP Claude. I've officially been met by all houses this banner, two being unwelcome guests.

(HUG). 

how many more Dimitris to go?

2 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

I would recommend to try pulling another once, if you should have some orbs left. Speed is the worst possible bane for her. Even if the IVs were the other way around, I would take the attack bane.

nah - I mean i was tempted to, because i hate broken units. but i figure her sword gives three, i can give her some dragon flowers to get it up, and then give her a speed 3 seal. she was a free pull a few days ago, and it was more of "oh cool. Ayra!" i have other fish to fry with my orbs. i'm only really gonna use her on some infantry only quests or something anyway. 

(but yeah i was kinda bummed to see that red beside speed)

I see, and honestly it is the best just to be happy about a new (and great) unit regardless their nature.

Though as a Judgral-fan like myself and having no real interest in alt banners, it is hard for me to say no

Olwen would be also a nice collection too. All the ones I pulled earlier became fodder for being -atk. 

Edited by Zemuria

6 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

Hate to be negative on my first post on this site, but it's so frustrating:

My free summon for the L Celica banner was Dimitri, but I already had two of him. Since then I've spent at least 200 orbs seemingly and gotten nothing at all... Plus I've really only wanted Thrasir or Edelgard out of this banner, and each wheel has only offered 1 green summon max, and half the time there've been none. 

While 2 free 5* seem very lucky, I get what you mean. At least both are pretty good fodder for skill inheritance. 

Good luck getting your Thrasir and Edelgard! 

(Funny, it looks like the rest of the people (not me) here wants Dimitri and fear to get pity broken by Edelgard)

Edited by mampfoid

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

While 2 free 5* seem very lucky, I get what you mean. At least both are pretty good fodder for skill inheritance. 

Good luck getting your Thrasir and Edelgard! 

(Funny, it looks like the rest of the people (not me) here wants Dimitri and fear to get pity broken by Edelgard)

I'd hate to be pity broke by Dimitri but this current mythic hero banner is an ignore for me since I'm too busy going at it for Christmas Chrom and he's not falling out of the tree yet, which is very annoying.

3 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Yep, I was right. $140 more on this Legendary banner and I have 2 Peony, a Naga, an Edelgard, a QC and not a single more Dimitri to show for it. I'm not pulling on another banner until Dimitri is rerun now. My husband needs to be finished. 

hopefully he'll be on a rerun soon. 

Pulled Olwen because of no reds. 

Seriously she is 1000 feathers. She has terrible IVs (as all former pulled copies) and no fodder. 

Well, I keep her for now because maybe I will pull another unwanted copy of her. 

Since I have a good Amelia already, no need to pull from green this time. 

That means Leif and Eldigan are the only non legendary and seasonal units of Judgral I am still missing. 

Welp, there it is. Today marked my last summons and I did end with a 5* on my very last possible pull, so I am quite satisfied to end it there. I've started taking notes on my summons this year to analyze my luck that I perceived as plentiful, but aimless. In other words, I always knew I was quite lucky with the quantity of pulls, but I felt some lingering disappointment in the units by often being units I didn't aim for. Obviously, one can pull benefits from surprises or find a use later down the line, but I was curious and so I present to you all my entire list of pulls from this year with all the free orbs I could muster from the same year (I started with less than 5 and ended with exactly 0 at the moment of writing this). The units with and underline are units I specifically aimed at to get with the spent orbs.

Spoiler

W!Eirika - My first goal of the year. I like Eirika, so getting all her versions will always, at the very least, be attempted. She is a fine unit, not necessary at all, but having a healer armor is unique enough that Im glad I got her after a bit of a wasting
NY!Camilla - (foddered to Leanne) Free pull, no complaints. Unfortunately, had to sac her for Ward Flier, because Shigure just wouldn't come and I needed Ward Fliers for AR defense. Now I have a couple of Shigures and regret it a bit, though it ain't too big of an issue.
Eldigan - Absolute trash, catching dust as we speak.
Swordhardt - (merged) I got three copies of this dude, didn't want a single one of him.
NY!Laevatein - Full circle on this banner gave me my favorite character of the bunch. Can't complain and still an interesting and useable staff.
L!Hector - Finally a Hector and therefore emergency DC fodder. Became part of one of my main armor teams in the end. Absolutely fine to have.
Fjorm - (foddered to Est) Fjorm is part of F2P video clears, can't be merged I fodder off all dupes. Att/Def Bond wasn't easily available yet, but helped my Est tremendously, soooo... she is gone.
2 x Summer!Camilla (1 foddered for Flying Formation) Again, needed for AR before S!Loki was a thing. Can't remember who got it. Probably Aversa. The other one is a good unit, helps one of my Flier teams pretty well.

2 x Flying Nino - One is catching dust. Thought about using Aerobatics somewhere, haven't found a spot yet. Should probably just merge her with the other one, who is a good unit on another flying team.
Helbindi - Catches dust until someone needs Green Duel Infantry, probably never, but who knows.
S!Linde - Nice bonus from the Legendary banner. Kippu's art is true eye candy for me, so I'll gladly have her. Also pretty unique unit type, might give her Lilina's weapon at some point if I can make a debuff Horse team with a future Gunnthra.
2 x Leanne - Aimed for Tibarn, got her twice instead. Initially disappointed, I'm glad I got her for both Light and Anima seasons. She is a pretty neat unit, as well as her brother.
Ephraim - Rrandom, utterly useless, catching dust.
Fallen Celica - (foddered to Camilla) Random, super garbage fodder, and not Tibarn. Killed her off to Camilla for Chill Speed on AR. Go away, thx.
Tibarn - Finally a copy, tried him out on AR, didn't suit me in the end, tho. Now he is catching dust until I find a use for him. Truly a shame.
Springs!Sakura - Fine bonus. Haven't foddered her yet, but might improve my +10 Original Sakura at some point.
Mist - (merged) Definitely not the best pull, but I like Mist, so merging away her bane felt surprisingly less awful than expected. I merely shrugged.

Lilina - (merged) Free pull, got rid of the flaw of my built one. Fine enough.
Takumi - Good. Wanted a reserve CC unit for whenever I need it. Unused as of yet, but it really doesn't matter. It needs to be there when I need it.
Dishonorable mention not part of my toal: guaranteed free 5* seasonal S!Leo - 3 out of 4 red units were good, and I get Mr. Useless. I hate him so much and want to just kill him out of spite... unfortunately, without a reason (like Fallen Celica's Chill Speed) I just can't, as I do prefer keeping one copy of all units otherwise. I still should just get rid of him.
Julia - (merged) Free pull, got rid of a flaw. Fine by me.
Rhajat - Random, kinda useless, but I like her, so fine again.
Azura - (merged) Random, useless dupe, merged
V!Hector - (foddered to Eirika) Wanted a DC Eirika for my Arena defense, just for fun, so I'm glad he came along.
Ayra - Random, can't remember the banner. Don't like her, really. After being used for Anima quests she started catching dust.
Velouria - YES, I like Velouria, I like her weapon, I like the unit, mainstay in my Astra season AR team. Great to have.

Keaton - In the same circle as Velouria if I remember correctly. Like him quite a bit. On the offense he obliterates so much. I ain't gonna invest in his optimal build, but he is great in Arena Assault.
Delthea - Random, but I like her. Not the best asset/flaw (-Spd, +Att) combo, but good for the collection.
Sue - The start of something strange, I needed Lugh for Res up+. Got Sue, fine by me for now. Great fodder unit, good unit in general. No complaints
Sue - (foddered to Aversa) Another one? Sure, made my Aversa score more and give her good support skills for Arena once I got a Laegjarn. Nice.
Ike - Free pull or pitybreaker? Can't remember. Useless unit, catching dust.
B!Celica - Random, but I like the unit more than Fallen Celica. Haven't used her yet, not sure if ever.
Mia - Random, but I like Mia, so welcome to the collection. Catching dust, tho.
ThunderHead Olwen - Not Lugh, became a strong member of one of my horse teams, so it's fine.
Sue - Wtf,  third Sue, hmm, ok. Good fodder, but I need Lugh, don't have that many free orbs, ya know.

Bike - (foddered) Don't remember where I got him and who I foddered him to. Couldn't be that much of an impact. My Fae for Auto-TT maybe?
Sonya - (merged) Free pull, merged HP flaw away, shrug.
S!Bruno - I wanted Veronica, no greens, got him instead. I kinda like his weapon for a healer, but it's not good enough to be used over the usual candidates. His stats are horrendous and I'm mostly waiting for either 5-skills-at-a-time fodder or when Dazzling 1 gets accessible with a grail unit or something to fodder both off.
Sue...- ok then.... (foddered to Olivia) Another one.... good fodder still, and a good pull for when Summer Helbindi made my Olivia good for Arena.
Selkie - Random off-focus. Not really that great a unit, but I don't mind Selkie, so welcome, I guess.
L!Azura - Nope, didn't go for her on that Legendary banner since I got a great +Spd copy with the 1/4 chance we had next to Duma, Myrrh and Lyn. Blue Duel Flier waiting to be foddered or merge if I decide to +10 her, lol
Sue.... - (foddered to L!Azura) ... give me Lugh, dammit. Foddered her off to L!Azura out of spite and not getting a Lugh in his first banner.
Caineghis - Very good pull, mainstay in my Astra AR team. Really good defense unit. Thumbs up.
Adrift M!Corrin - Random, catching dust, waiting to be foddered for Null-Follow-Up

B!Lucina - (foddered )Ticket summon, I think. I believe I merged her or foddered her off for Aether, can't remember, but it was before her refine came along, so whatever I did was premature.
B!Hector - Ticket summon? Can't remember anything about this one's outcome. I think he is the dupe waiting to become Bold Fighter fodder.
Adrift F!Corrin - (foddered to Soren) Hello, unexpected, but you served Soren well with your rally. Made him better for Arena.
B!Lucina - (merged) Another one, if the other one was fodder, this one was merged)
Lugh - FINALLY (foddered to Eir) THANKS FOR COMING BACK RELATIVELY QUICKLY IN ANOTHER BANNER. Made my AR defense way better.
W!Ephraim - Random, don't care, catching dust, even though he is a good unit.
Sue - ... what the hell.... waiting to be foddered.
L!Alm - Wowzer. I remember this one well. Yolo last possible pulls on his first banner. Great unit, everyone knows it and perfect for Allegiance battles.
L!Hector - Wowzer² on the same circle. What a nice bonus to get with Alm, one if not the best cirlce of the year. DC fodder reserve and I can now freely use the other copy for armor shenanigans.
Olwen - Random, trash, catching dust. I should build her up like her brother for decent AA use, though.

Mikoto - (foddered to Sakura) Not especially necessary, but a fun addition of a staff for my Sakura, since I already had a copy of her.
Naga - YES, no need to worry about Astra too much now.
Velouria - (merged) Perfect surprise, getting rid of a flaw for a useful unit. I'll take it.
L!Tiki - Not Naga/10, but a fine addition.
Sumia - Go away lance flier #1453
L!Tiki - (merged) Not Naga again, merged to get rid of a flaw.
B!Hector - Meh. Another one. Don't know what I did with him if the other is the dupe, maybe the single merge, but I forgot to note it down.
L!Eirika - I didnt aim for her, but as mentioned, I like Eirika, so I'll take her.
L!Tiki - Not Naga, again.... uuuh, merge, don't need her skills.
Nina - Whatever. Bow Valor at least.

Yarne - Wanted Nah, but Yarne is absolutely fine. He is a good unit and fun to use. I also like him in general.
Ophelia - (foddered to Aversa) Random, hate her as a character, hate her as a unit for what she represents - namely devs smoking pot and creating this unit to make cash without thinking about gameplay- hate her outfit. I foddered her off to Aversa for a Rally+, which became a huge waste later when I got another Lugh. Good, her being a waste is a win in my book, buzz off.
HS!Hinoka - I like Hinoka, she is a unique unit, she has an interesting weapon, and she is occasionally useful. Don't like the art that much, but nothing major. Welcome.
HS!Sakura - Fodder-ready since I already had one.
Summer!Helbindi - (foddered to Olivia) Single most important unit to get this year. I needed you, thanks for coming! I can finally reuse Olivia in the Colosseum, I'm so happy about this. Sorry to kill you Helbindi, but I appreciate your sacrifice.
Laegjarn - (foddered - Aversa) Random, but very much liked. Using Aversa in the Colosseum is beyond helpful. A shame to fodder off a +Spd copy, but similar to Helbindi, your sacrifice is appreciated.
Flying Olivia - YES! I am SO glad to have her. I just need a copy of every single Olivia that comes out and I was majorly disappointed by not having her up till then. Good unit as well, and great eye candy art.
B!Lyn - (merged) Eh, merge is fine. I'll take it.
Claude - The only path I cared about in Three Houses, and this game knew it as well, so I don't even think I'll ever consider foddering off his lull.
Summer Lilina - Wanted Rally + for Aversa, got her and then realized her weapon is pretty neat for a dagger user. Still contemplating her final use to this day...

B!Ephraim - Hello, dont really care.
Caineghis - (merged) Very nice to get rid of a flaw on an AR-unit. Anything that makes things go smoother.
Loki - A nice surprise. Still thinking about foddering off her duel skill to Sakura, once/if she gets a PRF. Until then, niche use in AR offense.
Elincia - Unexpected, good unit, great Att asset. Can't complain.
Nailah - (foddered to Velouria) Needed for Velouria. A bit sorry to fodder her off, since I like her, but I wanted a DC Velouria (and Null-C is a nice bonus).
B!Ephraim - (foddered to L!Tiki) Hello again, don't care. Tiki can use your Special Fighter, I guess.
Nephenee - Random, but I like Nephenee, so welcome, even if I won't use you ever.
Tibarn - You can catch dust with your counterpart while I try to find a use for you in the future.
Fallen Celica - instead of Myrrhs (foddered to B!Lucina) I hate you, I wanted Myrrhs. I know I didn't save enough, but this one was the low point of this year. Gave all I had for even a single Myrrh copy, but she came along. Didn't care how, but she needed to die. Foddered to B!Lucina for marginally better support in AR. Bye, don't come back.
Brave Camilla - Yes, please! Great unit and made the free choice of B!Micaiah easy, since I wanted both)
Lute - Random, kinda useless, but I like Lute, so welcome.
M!Grima - (merged) Good to finally get rid of his Res flaw, I liked that.
Brave Camilla - Good to have. Now I can use her on any season (Dark/Anima covers it all for AA) as she trivializes a lot of encounters.

Lugh - (foddered to Aversa) Huh, you were so hard to get and now you show up randomly. Thanks, Aversa appreciated it.
Brave Eliwood - Wanted to fodder off SS3, but he actually is a good unit to counter stuff in AA. So I was reluctant to sac him... which is a shame, a lot of units want SS3.
Dancing Ishtar - Part of the one full circle I did on that banner. Another SS3 I can't fodder. She is way too good a dancer to do so.
Deirdre -  Random, appreciated nonetheless. Dragons are everywhere in Arena.
Fallen Berkut - Go away.
Karel - I hate you.
Myrrh - (merge) My merge progress this year. A single copy, I am ashamed. 4 copies left.
Hrid - (foddered to B!Ike) - Hell yeah, Ill take a cheap DC to fodder off. What's that, B!Ike has a great refine to use with DC? Sign me up! I hate Hrid, btw. He was so pointless in the story.
Sanaki - (merge) Free pull, and I like Sanaki quite a lot, so a merge more for the emperor.
Yune - Hmm, hi there, don't mind having you, even if you aren't that great a unit.

S!Veronica - (foddered to Reyson) YES, Reyson can become high-scoring. It pains me to kill my only copy, a +Att one at that, but you are the only source of BDF3. Sorry Veronica, I will miss you.
Hector/Lilina Duo - Wanted Ilyana or Caeda copies, but sure, I'll take your unique skill. Might still fodder you off.
Idunn - Gorgeous art and I like her. Other than that, eh
Leo - You...... YOU... are a joke and a scar that will never go away. I wanted you in the first year, I paid in the first year, I never got you. And now, when you are as useless as a stone thrown by Maribelle onto the Black Knight's armor, you show your face, pitybreaking me while I fruitlessly try to get H!Nowi. I will kill you for Quick Riposte someday, I promise you that, you worthless source of pain.
Igrene - (foddered to Leon) Her asset/flaw combo would determine her fate. I really like Igrene as a character and I would totally keep her, even with that great fodder, but alas, she was -Spd, the only flaw I could not tolerate. So Leon got some new toys and I lost Igrene. Maybe someday she will be back.
Brave Camilla - Yes please. Still thinking about her future use, but she is good fodder.
L!Marth - (merged) Don't care, but at least he lost his flaw, not that it matters for AA use.
Altina - Nice, don't need another Naga anymore.
L!Marth - Waiting to be foddered or whatever
Sothis - Welcome. I like her, don't really use her, but she is welcome in my collection.

Python - What a pitiful 5* to summon. Catching dust.
Osian - Well, he is replacing Dorcas, for the few quests I use him on (story quests where you need an axe user, thats it)
B!Micaiah - Will get foddered at some point
Kaden - Not sure what to do yet, but he might be a good support somewhere.
Duo!MarthxElice - Not Sothis, but a good unit, even with Att flaw.
Quan - (soon-to-be-fodder  to Reyson) Soo, you don't come on your current banner, but pitybreak me instead of me getting W!Sothis? You will die and give Reyson more scoring prowess for when it is needed, thanks.
Eir - The end of the line, fitting to be the Merciful Death herself, even if I wanted one of the green units on L!Celica's banner. A fine merge for a good and useful unit and a satisfying conclusion of this years summons.

Final 2019 5* count (no guarantees/free picks/TT): 117 (25 directly aimed for)

What happened was pure confirmation 25/117 are targets, rather low in my opinion, though thats gacha for ya. The amount however, is pretty elevated, I feel. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but it felt way above average. 2019 destroyed 2018 in which, for half a year I didn't get a single unit I aimed for. I'm glad that that is cleary over. Hopefully to never return.

Now that this is done I need a new direction for my summons in 2020 and I will stop polluting this thread with my counter. A single full circle (of all focus colours) on all new banners, while saving for Myrrh copies? That might be my new way of summoning now that I have reached maximum scoring with my selected units and don't need anything else besides all future Olivias/Inigos.

@mampfoid Wow that legendary banner is really treating you well! Speedy green mages seem to like you.

@Zeo Oooo, a nice Amelia for your team! She must really like you to come free twice!

@daisy jane @Landmaster

Firstly I read mampfoid's haul and did some bored summoning a few days ago for no reason, trying to get Celica. Nothing on my second but my rate was broken in my main by a +Spd/-Def Eir! Perfect combo, and my 3rd Eir...so now the +Res/-Spd one can be Mystic Boost fodder.....or merge? (Would still like to keep the neutral one as is). Have to think about this, there's no one who is desperate for Mystic Boost yet but it is a rare skill. (Don't have OG Alm, but I do have B!Alm.)

So now TT banner, and another shot at Ranulf for my main account. Free pull had no greens, so tried another circle which gave me a Merric. For some reason Merric gives me enough frustration to try another circle, which had 3 greens (finally a decent spread). First was a Hawkeye and second was a +Res/-Def Ranulf! Finally got the kitty guy! Tried the last green anyway to see if I can somehow grab another to fix the bane but it was a +Atk/-Res Ross which is cool, too.

Still, glad to finally get him before the year ended! Getting a fave is a good end, and it was worth it since I didn't care too much for the new NY beasts compared to him.

Edited by mcsilas

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Firstly I read mampfoid's haul and did some bored summoning a few days ago for no reason, trying to get Celica. Nothing on my second but my rate was broken in my main by a +Spd/-Def Eir! Perfect combo, and my 3rd Eir...so now the +Res/-Spd one can be Mystic Boost fodder.....or merge? (Would still like to keep the neutral one as is). Have to think about this, there's no one who is desperate for Mystic Boost yet but it is a rare skill. (Don't have OG Alm, but I do have B!Alm.)

So now TT banner, and another shot at Ranulf for my main account. Free pull had no greens, so tried another circle which gave me a Merric. For some reason Merric gives me enough frustration to try another circle, which had 3 greens (finally a decent spread). First was a Hawkeye and second was a +Res/-Def Ranulf! Finally got the kitty guy! Tried the last green anyway to see if I can somehow grab another to fix the bane but it was a +Atk/-Res Ross which is cool, too.

Still, glad to finally get him before the year ended! Getting a fave is a good end, and it was worth it since I didn't care too much for the new NY beasts compared to him.

oohhh that is perfect. I think unless you are building Felicia or someone who has sky high res but crap poor def (or you know. Alm LOL) i think it's pretty good to merge it up. (though i did see an Arden with Mystic Boost today LOL) I am the same, I wan t to keep my neutral copies in case i need to use a guide or something.

I'm glad you got the Raunlf! 🙂  Honestly, someone was asking what was the best "summoning moment" of the year and considering everything i got. and managed to plus ten. getting SkyLivia was the highlight of the year. having that monkey off my back  was such a relief. 

Now i just need to get Female Byleth with decent IVs. Maribelle too.