Japanese apk

Miatt

The game will soon be launched, but the problem is that the play store is region locked.

Personally, I want to try the Japanese version. Maybe the option to choose the text language will still work, so I will keep the Japanese voices.

And even if it's not the case, I'm still pretty curious about the changes who could be made in the localisation.

So if anyone could post here a link of the apk file when it will be available, this would be nice.

3 hours ago, Elieson said:

I find TunnelBear easier to work with. Haven't tried QooApp though.

I've used a VPN to get to the Japanese Google Play Store, and the first time I went there Heroes was in Japanese. I checked again earlier today with the VPN, and this time Heroes showed up in English. Not sure why, could be because I pre-registered then switch back to a non-Japanese Play Store? Anyways, just a heads up to people who want to use this method.

Yeah can confirm even via qooapp you have to change your phone's language to get the JP version to install.

EDIT: lol, changing the language makes it want to redownload the entire language pack for that version. Guess anyone who's an EOP will have to wait for an undubbed APK or something.

Edited by Irysa

4 hours ago, Irysa said:

Yeah can confirm even via qooapp you have to change your phone's language to get the JP version to install.

EDIT: lol, changing the language makes it want to redownload the entire language pack for that version. Guess anyone who's an EOP will have to wait for an undubbed APK or something.

Meaning gotta use Bluestack for now :D

EDIT: Anyone knows where to change text to english? Thanks

EDIT2: Ok, I see what you meant, I thought you were talking about changing phone's language, not the game's. Yeah, changing the game's language will change the voice too. Damn this sucks

Edited by ItsTheWolf

8 hours ago, LoboKD001 said:

I got heroes on bluestack. Is it safe to link account to my nintendo account? I'm scared that there's gonna be a ban or something...

You should create a new nintendo account, some games ban people who use Bluestack.
btw is it normal that I can't change my nickname using the apk on bluestack? lol

Downloading JP apk with english locale will result in ENG voice language

Downloading JP apk with japanese locale (without rooting) will result in JP text and language, even after changing phone locale back to ENG the app was still in JP text and language.

Linking a Nintendo ID will overwrite the location based on where your account ID is set (Warning will pop up. (Didn't Link)

1 hour ago, randybutternubz said:

Linking a Nintendo ID will overwrite the location based on where your account ID is set (Warning will pop up.

That did not happen for me. I'm successfully linked and still in Japanese.

11 hours ago, Kastel said:

You should create a new nintendo account, some games ban people who use Bluestack.
btw is it normal that I can't change my nickname using the apk on bluestack? lol

Oh i use the apk on my actual phone now. lol thanks for the heads up

For those who want to play with Japanese Voice + English UI, after trial and error, I've finally managed to undub the game 

You need ROOTED android device + titanium back up to install this mod

Instruction :
1. Download Titanium Backup from Playstore, after that open it then close it
2. Extract the files to Titanium Backup folder on your SD card
3. Open Titanium Backup again and search Fire Emblem Heroes in Backup/Restore submenu
4. Tap restore and wait until it finished

Download link : https://uploadocean.com/knlp46z3730z

Sorry for my bad english, and feel free to add my friend code : 81126484411

12 hours ago, thieftheodore said:

For those who want to play with Japanese Voice + English UI, after trial and error, I've finally managed to undub the game 

Instruction :
3. Open Titanium Backup again and search Fire Emblem Heroes in Backup/Restore submenu

I haven't tried your version, but from replacing voice files and data, I think certain characters have their voice data not in that folder. Like Alfonse.

19 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I haven't tried your version, but from replacing voice files and data, I think certain characters have their voice data not in that folder. Like Alfonse.

I got alfonse, anna and other character japanese voice from inside the apk and extract them in fe heroes data folder. that's why I'm using titanium backup, because it's somehow make the app load those japanese voice whereas only extracting them with file manager will make the app load the english files from inside the apk. The only issue tho the tittle screen song, voice, and the loading screen when downloading new data are still left in english 

Edited by thieftheodore

Yeah, I can confirm his setup works a lot better than what I was messing with just replacing things. Sometimes the title screen and loading screen stuff is in Japanese too actually (not consistent for some weird reason though), so it's much more thorough than the other ones.

Too bad the game is ass and Nintendo shadowban you for root so its a lot of hassle for not much benefit!

Edited by Irysa

15 hours ago, Irysa said:

Yeah, I can confirm his setup works a lot better than what I was messing with just replacing things. Sometimes the title screen and loading screen stuff is in Japanese too actually (not consistent for some weird reason though), so it's much more thorough than the other ones.

Too bad the game is ass and Nintendo shadowban you for root so its a lot of hassle for not much benefit!

nope it's not a shadowban, I have two device and got the same error sometimes both on my nonrooted and my rooted device. at least on my rooted phone you'll only need to delete deviceAccount.xml and then link nintendo account to continue playing again

the nonrooted device problem is because your device probably doesnt have completely stock android (common in asia if you're not in japan), it's the same basic mechanism; device doesnt pass safetynet, device gets blacklisted. deleting the xml to continue works but its kinda a hassle.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:25 PM, thieftheodore said:

Instruction :

Can't this be done with Helium? Helium's backup and restore of data is deeper than other no-root apps, kind of similar to Titanium's, and you can use it on non-rooted devices with the help of a desktop tool.

2 hours ago, CrucialTParty said:

Can't this be done with Helium? Helium's backup and restore of data is deeper than other no-root apps, kind of similar to Titanium's, and you can use it on non-rooted devices with the help of a desktop tool.

I'm not familiar with helium backup, but if you can backup the data files (not just the apk) and managed to open and edit it with apps like winrar or 7zip, then it's possible. You just need to extract the tar.gz files from my links then put it to inside whatever helium backup data files format are

On 2/4/2017 at 11:57 AM, thieftheodore said:

I got alfonse, anna and other character japanese voice from inside the apk and extract them in fe heroes data folder. that's why I'm using titanium backup, because it's somehow make the app load those japanese voice whereas only extracting them with file manager will make the app load the english files from inside the apk. The only issue tho the tittle screen song, voice, and the loading screen when downloading new data are still left in english 

Is it okay if I mirror your files on MEGA?

Like I do with all my UNDUB downloads on the Youtube channel?