Stats up from levelling up seems to be predetermined

pianime94

21 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm.  I think the next level is "rolled" after a unit levels up.  That way, we can't save-scum by killing off a character to reset their level gains.  Think of it like the Battle Save RNG in Awakening.

I tested this out a bit by taking my new Tiki to starting stratum, killing some enemies and recording her level ups. First 3 levels were exactly the same every time, I tried it 5 times.

As I mentioned in the general discussion thread, my belief is that the game uses a system similar to PoR's fixed growth mode, where the pattern of stat growths is predictable (if you knew every growth value). There seems to be some hidden parameter creating variation on starting stats/growth rates, but overall it's pretty consistent.

Either that or it's what eclipse said and they roll like 4 levels in advance.

On 2/3/2017 at 7:27 AM, OakTree said:

Every unit seems to have a set ammount of stat points for their max level, when and on which stats these points is where RNG kicks in, i've seen a few posts on Twitter comparing max level Takumis, and althrough they possess different stats, they all have the same value in a sum.

I think this makes the most sense from a design perspective. Letting people reset for blessed characters would be a concern, so having levels rolled in advance and fixing them would solve that. At the same time, it would be boring for people if the characters had the same levels for the same characters every time, so there's the variation. However, I think the biggest factor would be to control limits on the star ratings. Total random variation would allow a 3-star to beat a 5-star with enough RNG abuse, and they can't go having that. So, and this is just spitballing theoretical numbers here, so please don't fixate on them, you might have something like a 3-star version of the character getting 80 stat points that randomly get rolled into their level progression, whereas a 5-star would get a budget of 130. There could even be a bit of random variation in that such that you might get 3/4/5 boundaries of 75-85/95-105/130-150.

Level 16 4* Marth, first is mine second is my friends. 

Spoiler

edit

Spoiler

edit

Mine has 91 stat points. His has 96 stat points. But all of the stats are close to each other, and hp and speed are the exact same. 

On 2/4/2017 at 3:18 PM, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

However, I think the biggest factor would be to control limits on the star ratings. Total random variation would allow a 3-star to beat a 5-star with enough RNG abuse, and they can't go having that. So, and this is just spitballing theoretical numbers here, so please don't fixate on them, you might have something like a 3-star version of the character getting 80 stat points that randomly get rolled into their level progression, whereas a 5-star would get a budget of 130. There could even be a bit of random variation in that such that you might get 3/4/5 boundaries of 75-85/95-105/130-150.

I think you're on to something, but I also think there's more to it than than. For example, here's my 5* Azura and my 4* Shanna. 

Spoiler

edit

Spoiler

edit

My Azura is one level behind, 17 while Shanna is 18, but she only has 96 stat points while Shanna has 104. The difference is Azura has had average growths, while Shanna has averaged +4/5 (I don't count sp) on level ups. So even with the level difference, Azura at best would be 3 points behind. Because she's a 5* she started out with higher bases, so I don't think * rating affects growth rates, at least not enough to make a huge difference. 

Edited by immatx

Well, under the theory that I quoted, the sums would only reach their absolute differences by the cap (40?). So, a 4-star might get a bit more blessed during the middle levels, but by the time they've maxed out, the 5-star will have higher stats because it's not held back by the ceiling the 4-star will run into in the upper levels if it happened to get super blessed during its middle levels.

14 hours ago, Stedar said:

Did anyone else get 3 blank levels for Raigh right off the bat? My friend and I both did.

Nope, I think the only blank Raigh level I got was the third one.  It was something like one stat in the first and two or three in the second.  Hence why I continued to use him!

On 2/2/2017 at 8:17 AM, DLuna said:

Possibly predetermined like how Conquest Lunatic is -- but it still RNG at its core.

(Sophia just got 4 perfect levels for me in 5 levels -- I doubt that's intended even if her growths are great... On that note, Sophia is now an actual Est in the eventual FE6 remake? Thank god)

On 2/2/2017 at 9:56 AM, Birdy said:

I leveled two of the same units up and they got the exact same level-ups everytime. Seeing as the chances of that are abysmally small, I believe we're indeed 'free' of RNG. 

My Sophia grows like Sophia does in FE6 so I think it's safe to say they're not 100% fixed, universally at least. Maybe for one person?

While rolling for characters I actually liked, I installed and uninstalled the game several times. Each time Alphonse and/or Sharena got a level-up during the first chapter, they seemed to get the same level ups, every time. In that case, maybe level-ups are fixed per each device?

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

While rolling for characters I actually liked, I installed and uninstalled the game several times. Each time Alphonse and/or Sharena got a level-up during the first chapter, they seemed to get the same level ups, every time. In that case, maybe level-ups are fixed per each device?

Were you logged into myNintendo? I guess it's not based on friend code then which is what I figured it would be if it's unique to each user. 

Pulled a dupe Niles so I'm gonna start testing level ups, will let y'all know how it goes once I have some results. 

For some reason I can't upload images right now, so here's the hp/atk/spd/def/res of each at 3* level 1.

First Niles: 17/11/8/3/6

Second Niles: 17/11/7/3/7

Edited by immatx

It seems that your end stats are indeed predetermined. It is not based on your account or device, but it is based on the unit's stat skews. So don't be alarmed when your unit only get SP increase when leveling up, as worrying as that is.

Edited by pianime94

1 hour ago, Avestus said:

Has anyone figured difference in stats between silver and gold characters? is there some "innate" difference (not the one brought by better weapons and so on)?

I believe every character has +2 in total stats (weapon and skills not included), atleast that's what I can see comparing my 3*'s with my 4*'s.

3 minutes ago, Roxachronc said:

Now I understand why my Camilla is lacking in damage, it seems it will max at 34.

On the other hand I have a +SPD Takumi to celebrate.

-SPD +RES Takumi here >.<

According to replies to this tweet, different copies of characters have different level ups.

But for me, these two dancers have been getting identical levels on the same maps.

I was going to fuse the lesser stat leveled up one into the other, but they're getting everything the same except sp.

Edit: Never mind. Should have read the posts above me.

Edited by shadowofchaos