Official FE11 Rate the Unit Day 2-Abel

So, as I haven't seen anyone doing a Shadow Dragon Tier List, I thought I might as well go ahead and make one. 

Rules:

1. Scale ranges from 0 to 10, 0 being the absolute worst, 10 being a paragon of a unit. To be given in units of 0.5 only.

2. Try to give a somewhat justifiable reason for ranking the current character.

3. A +/- 0.5 bias can be applied to a unit as long as a reason is given.

4. Difficulty is Hard 1, but Frey and Norne will also be rated. Characters will appear in the order they show up in Normal mode.

5. Please rate and criticize honestly.

So, to start it off, we have Aritian man himself, Marth.

Class: Lord(Level 1)

Class set: None (Level 30 special class)

Stats:

HP:18(80%)

Str: 5(50%)

Mag: 0(0%)

Skl: 3(40%)

Spd:7(50%)

Lck:7(70%)

Def:7(20%)

Res:0 (2%)

Marth is... okay, when it comes to lords. He isn't nearly as bad as Roy or Leif, but there are certainly better. Since he's forced for every chapter it is a good idea to train him unless you want to risk constantly dying. his defenses are a little low, but since Marth isn't supposed to be a front line fighter, this isn't too much of an issue. He also gets not one, but two specific items to wield: the Fire Emblem, and Falchion. One is a limitless chest key if you don't use Thieves, and while the other may just be a superpowered Wyrmslayer, it's still good at what it does. It could also be said that Marth is the sole recipient of the single pair of Boots in the game, given his other role is visiting villages, and that is made more difficult without Warp uses and/or Marth having boots. Overall, I give Marth 6/10, not the worst lord in the series, and certainly not bad in the game itself, but far and above better units exist.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

This isn't a Tier list... More like a character ranking, which will take forever, seeing how many units this game has... Comparing doesn't have anything to do with a tier list. Also difficulty and playstyle would be needed to do a tier list. Probably the Warp users on top, with Shiida (Wing Spear forge) and Jaigen for early game protection on top.

14 hours ago, ruadath said:

What difficulty are we talking about? And what context for the tier list (efficiency?)

Overall. It's more like the recent FE4 Tier List by Olikad or the FE10 Tier List by Eleanor Hume. Not a true Tier List, but a rankings thread, like Dennis said. I termed as a tier list because they did. As for how long this will take, I'm counting on it. 

Retitle this to "Rate this unit" or something, because I thought this was you spitting out a tier list.  Also, might want to include a rule that scores should be multiples of 0.5.  Difficulty should also be a given, since Marth can more-or-less stomp the game on Normal (along with most of the cast), while he's kept to some niche usage on H5.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Retitle this to "Rate this unit" or something, because I thought this was you spitting out a tier list.  Also, might want to include a rule that scores should be multiples of 0.5.  Difficulty should also be a given, since Marth can more-or-less stomp the game on Normal (along with most of the cast), while he's kept to some niche usage on H5.

He's a great thief in H5!

Considering Camus appears in both the sequel games, is Marth really that good at killing him? I will give Marth credit for giving him amnesia and warping him to another continent.

Edited by Baldrick

3 hours ago, Refa said:

You must be mistaken.  Camus doesn't appear in FE4 or FE6; those are Eltoshan and Percival respectively.

True, but he does appear in FE2 and FE3. Gaiden isn't exactly a sequel to FE1, but it does take place after it, so it could be considered a pseudo sequel. Mystery of the Emblem is definitely a sequel on the other hand.

On 2/3/2017 at 3:34 PM, eclipse said:

Done. While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and move on to Day 2. People can still vote for Marth until the Prologue characters are gone through. 

Abel, the Panther

Class: Cavalier

Class set: Male 1

HP: 20 (65%)

Str: 6 (40%)

Mag: 0(0%)

Skl: 7(50%)

Spd: 7(50%)

Lck: 2(25%)

Def: 7(20%)

Res: 0(0%)

Being a cavalier in this game is useful enough, and being able to at least use Swords and Lances gives him plenty of utility. However, his longevity is limited once characters like Ogma, Barst, and later Wolf, Sedgar, and Hardin come. I'll give him 6.5/10 still, because his usefullness is still there, but he doesn't really need to be there when other, better characters show up.