• Nohr
    • Hoshido
    • Abandon both sides

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido.

From a realistic point of view, there's no reason in joining Nohr, without looking like a coward, ungrateful, selfish and whiny.

The game provides no sane reason to join Nohr.

10 minutes ago, Res said:

Screw all of them!

Squabbling over Corrin as if Corrin's a piece of meat.

Let's be honest, the only sibilings that don't treat Corrin like a doll while treating him with respect are Leo and Sakura.

In particular, the Xander, Camilla and Elise treat like a dress-up doll.

Edited by Water Mage

I agree with Water Mage, there's no good reason to join Nohr, even if you were raised by some people there. They lied to Corrin his/her whole life anyway, or at least, Xander did, the a-hole. He actually says that he knew Corrin was kidnapped and a prisoner!

Hoshido is bright and pretty and has much cooler characters too. Also, you have to have had some feels from Mikoto's sacrifice, man...

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Hoshido.

From a realistic point of view, there's no reason in joining Nohr, without looking like a coward, ungrateful, selfish and whiny.

The game provides no sane reason to join Nohr.

Let's be honest, the only sibilings that don't treat Corrin like a doll while treating him with respect are Leo and Sakura.

In particular, the Xander, Camilla and Elise treat like a dress-up doll.

Well, up to that point, people from both sides who care about you. Camilla, etc. They all care, except the King isn't quite so caring.

For Hoshido, they all seem to care as well, except Takumi. He basically hates you and wishes you dead. At least the King gave you shelter. If Takumi had his way, he'd leave you to die.

It's basically a feel of siding with the family that raised you and loved you, viewing you as family, with a cold Father. Or the family that's your blood, that never had those memories of growing up with you.

Edited by Murrdogg93

1 minute ago, Murrdogg93 said:

Well, up to that point, people from both sides who care about you. Camilla, etc. They all care, except the King isn't quite so caring.

For Hoshido, they all seem to care as well, except Takumi. He basically hates you and wishes you dead. At least the King gave you shelter. If Takumi had his way, he'd leave you to die.

It's basically a feel of siding with the family that raised you and loved you, viewing you as family, with a cold Father. Or the family that's your blood, that never had those memories of growing up with you.

And that's exactly why I called it selfish.

Choosing Nohr over Hoshido means you that you don't have the guts to do the right without risking getting hurt. There's absolutely no moral reason for Corrin to join Nohr. 

6 minutes ago, Murrdogg93 said:

"Cold father" is quite an understatement. He used Corrin as a living bomb.

I choose no one because come on they are asking you to choose between people who you have known for a long time and who you care about and people who you just found out are your "blood" siblings.  If that happened to me I would want to get far away for awhile so I could think.

19 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

And that's exactly why I called it selfish.

Choosing Nohr over Hoshido means you that you don't have the guts to do the right without risking getting hurt. There's absolutely no moral reason for Corrin to join Nohr. 

Choosing nohr means confronting what happened. Just because corrin didn't do it well doesn't mean I wouldn't. Hoshido corrin never finds out the truth about garon. 

That said, I would have chosen neither as I did on my first time playing.

Hoshido.

From a moral standpoint I can't side with Nohr. They're too obviously in the wrong. Garon's lackey Hans murdered Gunter, who was more of a father to me than he ever was. The sword he gave me blew up and killed Hoshido's queen, who had shown me nothing but kindness despite having been raised in Nohr and having just finished wiping out one of their border posts. Now Nohr's invading Hoshido for the sole purpose of showing off its strength. That can't stand.

15 minutes ago, Augestein said:

Choosing nohr means confronting what happened. Just because corrin didn't do it well doesn't mean I wouldn't. Hoshido corrin never finds out the truth about garon. 

Confront what? Corrin outright says that the reason that he/she choose Nohr was the fact that he/she couldn't afford to betray the Nohrian sibilings. 

And considering how Garon treated Corrin, he/she should know that confronting Garon about what happened won't result in anything. Choosing Nohr in order to confront Garon is actually incredibly stupid, considering Garon's personality.

Edited by Water Mage

nohr

xander, camilla, elise, and leo are family. garon's a prick but going against loving family is hard. it's also very easy to see that xander had no choice but to withhold information, because garon is a prick.

the hoshidans are a bunch of clingy strangers, and while probably nice people, are not family or even friends. technically speaking, corrin was their POW, and has little compelling reason to defect.

Nohr. Sorry, but I just don't like the idea of abandoning the people who loved me and raised me my entire life over people whom I've only known for a few days. To be honest, I really don't care that much about the Hoshidan siblings.

(Now if only they they bothered to make Nohr less obviously evil...)

Neither.

As much as I know I'd love the people who raised me to the point where I'd consider them my family (thus not wanting to betray them), I'm not naive enough to decide to return to the place where this madman king is...after he just tried to murder me, and successfully slaughtered a whole bunch of innocent Hoshidans and their queen (who also happened to be my mom).

I'd really want both sides to work with me toward the greater good for both countries, honestly...

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

25 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Confront what? Corrin outright says that the reason that he/she choose Nohr was the fact that he/she couldn't afford to betray the Nohrian sibilings. 

And considering how Garon treated Corrin, he/she should know that confronting Garon about what happened won't result in anything. Choosing Nohr in order to confront Garon is actually incredibly stupid, considering Garon's personality.

Topic asked what we would do. Sidindg with hoshido absolutely guarantees war.

No. It isn't. Corrin being spineless is the issue.

Edited by Augestein

45 minutes ago, Augestein said:

Corrin never finds out Garon's a goop monster in Birthright but he does actively confront Garon and get a clear answer from him about all the shit he was put through. Namely he directly asks Garon why he bothered raising Corrin in the first place and Garon clearly states it was a way of getting to Mikoto.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Corrin never finds out Garon's a goop monster in Birthright but he does actively confront Garon and get a clear answer from him about all the shit he was put through. Namely he directly asks Garon why he bothered raising Corrin in the first place and Garon clearly states it was a way of getting to Mikoto.

Which isn't digging up find everything out. That's what I'm talking about.

In my mind, I want to say abandon both, but, to be completely honest, I would side with Nohr.

It's so terribly easy to choose Hoshido while we have the knowledge of what will happen, but, in the heat of the moment, it would be much harder, I think. For me, at least. I will admit, I can be a coward, having severe anxiety when it comes to stepping out of my comfort zone, so I can see myself being entirely too hesitant to go to Hoshido despite the kindness shown by the Hoshisiblings - I would rather endure the pain of a known than venture into the unknown unsuspecting of what will happen to me. Then, there would be anxiety compounded by guilt for having a part in the death of the queen - if Takumi hates my guts , then the people of Hoshido could very well hate me for having a part in the demise of their beloved queen. Lastly, there would be the separation anxiety if I were away from my siblings, combined with the fact that I feel nothing for the Hoshidan sibling - except guilt, pity and apprehension.

Lastly, I'm not Nohrrin. Just because I would be too cowardly to part with my Nohr siblings does not mean I would sit idly twiddling my thumbs. Has no one ever heard the phrase, "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer"? Just because I would be in Nohr, I would most definitely be trying to undermine and challenge Garon - albeit covertly. I'm not one for confrontation unless absolutely necessary.

Edited by saisymbolic
grammar

10 minutes ago, Augestein said:

Which isn't digging up find everything out. That's what I'm talking about.

Well what do you suggest Corrin should have asked him in that moment? "Dude, why are you such a dickhole? Couldn't you just have chilled and not been Hitler?" The fact of the matter is that by choosing Hoshido Corrin did eventually have an opportunity to confront Garon and he did.

Edited by Jotari

12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well what do you suggest Corrin should have asked him in that moment? "Dude, why are you such a dickhole? Couldn't you just have chilled and not been Hitler?" The fact of the matter is that by choosing Hoshido Corrin did eventually have an opportunity to confront Garon and he did.

He could have been far more confronting for starters. Garon might be king but corrin has quite a few people in his pocket. Including the prince of nohr.