Murrdogg93

Nohr or Hoshido?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which side would you choose?

• Nohr
    • Hoshido
    • Abandon both sides

7 minutes ago, Augestein said:

He could have been far more confronting for starters. Garon might be king but corrin has quite a few people in his pocket. Including the prince of nohr.

I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Xander was already dead by that point. What I'm trying to point out is that by choosing Hoshido Corrin was given just as much opportunity to figure out what was going on as any other route. The only reason he didn't discover Anankos and Goo Garon in Birthright is because A) From an outside universe perspective they wanted to have plot hooks for the other routes and B) From an in universe perspective Azura's lazy and lacks proactiveness. She just made no attempt to reveal the information she knew in Birthright. The only way Corrin actually becomes anyway more informed in Conquest is because he just randomly stumbles on Azura going to Valla and joins her. Nothing to do with his actual choice.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Xander was already dead by that point. What I'm trying to point out is that by choosing Hoshido Corrin was given just as much opportunity to figure out what was going on as any other route. The only reason he didn't discover Anankos and Goo Garon in Birthright is because A) From an outside universe perspective they wanted to have plot hooks for the other routes and B) From an in universe perspective Azura's lazy and lacks proactiveness. She just made no attempt to reveal the information she knew in Birthright. The only way Corrin actually becomes anyway more informed in Conquest is because he just randomly stumbles on Azura going to Valla and joins her.

A more confronting corrin would have is my deal. At the very least stopping Garon would be easier. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here.

What I'm trying to get at.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Xander was already dead by that point. What I'm trying to point out is that by choosing Hoshido Corrin was given just as much opportunity to figure out what was going on as any other route. The only reason he didn't discover Anankos and Goo Garon in Birthright is because A) From an outside universe perspective they wanted to have plot hooks for the other routes and B) From an in universe perspective Azura's lazy and lacks proactiveness. She just made no attempt to reveal the information she knew in Birthright. The only way Corrin actually becomes anyway more informed in Conquest is because he just randomly stumbles on Azura going to Valla and joins her. Nothing to do with his actual choice.

There shouldn't be a choice in the first place, considering Azura exists, and her silence is the only thing that makes the routes split in the first place. 

If Valla wasn't a thing, you'd obviously have to go to Hoshido, of course. You've been lied to and locked up all your life, and you'd contemplate going back to an insane person who killed both of your parents, ordered the death of your father figured and tried using you as a ticking time bomb? Even if you went back, you'd most likely be executed upon returning. 

Edited by Thane

My point is that gooron isn't even a thing in hoshido. You basically take a "he's evil" stance and we can't find out what happened. Realistically no one would side with either as the explosion sword would be discarded the minute it tried to kill you earlier.

Leaving both sounds best.

I love how the people gung-ho for joining Nohr usually insult the Hoshidan royals. Calling them "clingy strangers" and what not. Almost like it's their fault or something. It's not like they put up Corrin for adoption and the Nohrians took him in out of the goodness of their hearts only for the Hoshidans to selfishly try and reclaim them later.

Corrin was forcefully kidnapped after the murder of their king, vanishing into a hostile country that then repeatedly staged attacks against them. It's not the Hoshidan's fault that they are strangers, Nohr made them so. The entire time after Corrin returns, they attempt to do everything in their power to make them feel comfortable and try to reconnect after over a decade of seperation (except Takumi I guess, but if you really join up with Nohr because "Takumi was mean to me!!1" I don't really have much understanding for you). Can they do it in that short time? No, but to declare "they are faceless strangers, who could ever choose them?" seems cold. I would have wanted some more suspicion shown by the more common Hoshidan characters, but Mikoto's, Ryouma's, and Hinoka's reactions seem legit. It was traumatizing to them to lose a child/younger sibling so they don't feel like asking too many questions when they finally get them back. (which also should have been played as just that, instead of "realizing Corrin's sainthood")

As for the Nohrians. You encounter them as part of an invasion force on Hoshidan soil. No one can argue that the war hasn't already started by that point, even if you don't consider Mikoto's assassination. Sure, the Nohr siblings love you, but at least Xander definitly lied to you about your true heritage ( and from Corrin's view, there is also the chance that Camilla and Leo knew about it). Convincing Garon seems like a fool's errand, especially after he just used you as an unwitting suicide bomber and you have learned about most of his crimes. Face it, siding with Nohr is a very selfish choice, justified only by short-sighted sentimentality. I can understand being hesitant to attack the people who treated you like a sibling for as long as you can remember, but outright joining them on their quest to conquer Hoshido (Corrin even demands Ryouma "leave this place", which, you know, still belongs to his own damn country) with the vague hope of "somehow I'll take Garon out of it" is selfish beyond believe.   

7 minutes ago, Nanima² said:

I love how the people gung-ho for joining Nohr usually insult the Hoshidan royals. Calling them "clingy strangers" and what not. Almost like it's their fault or something. It's not like they put up Corrin for adoption and the Nohrians took him in out of the goodness of their hearts only for the Hoshidans to selfishly try and reclaim them later.

Corrin was forcefully kidnapped after the murder of their king, vanishing into a hostile country that then repeatedly staged attacks against them. It's not the Hoshidan's fault that they are strangers, Nohr made them so. The entire time after Corrin returns, they attempt to do everything in their power to make them feel comfortable and try to reconnect after over a decade of seperation (except Takumi I guess, but if you really join up with Nohr because "Takumi was mean to me!!1" I don't really have much understanding for you). Can they do it in that short time? No, but to declare "they are faceless strangers, who could ever choose them?" seems cold. I would have wanted some more suspicion shown by the more common Hoshidan characters, but Mikoto's, Ryouma's, and Hinoka's reactions seem legit. It was traumatizing to them to lose a child/younger sibling so they don't feel like asking too many questions when they finally get them back. (which also should have been played as just that, instead of "realizing Corrin's sainthood")

As for the Nohrians. You encounter them as part of an invasion force on Hoshidan soil. No one can argue that the war hasn't already started by that point, even if you don't consider Mikoto's assassination. Sure, the Nohr siblings love you, but at least Xander definitly lied to you about your true heritage ( and from Corrin's view, there is also the chance that Camilla and Leo knew about it). Convincing Garon seems like a fool's errand, especially after he just used you as an unwitting suicide bomber and you have learned about most of his crimes. Face it, siding with Nohr is a very selfish choice, justified only by short-sighted sentimentality. I can understand being hesitant to attack the people who treated you like a sibling for as long as you can remember, but outright joining them on their quest to conquer Hoshido (Corrin even demands Ryouma "leave this place", which, you know, still belongs to his own damn country) with the vague hope of "somehow I'll take Garon out of it" is selfish beyond believe.   

Spoiler

This perspective is marred somewhat when we later find out Corrin isn't even related to the Hoshido siblings by blood and Ryoma knows it. Hoshido basically has as much connection to him as the hospital on the other side of the country you happened to be born in. Of course Corrin doesn't know this at the time of the decision so it can't really be taking into account for which is the best one but it does serve to make the entire thing seem a lot more grey on retrospect.

Edited by Jotari

While I most certainly admire people who put their morals over their own well being, I'm sure that when it would come down to it, I would be too much of a coward in order to abandon my family, my home and everything else in order to do the right thing. But this situation isn't quite like that. Garon tried to kill Corrin, so going back to Nohr would be suicide. Which means that siding with Hoshido is both the moral and the cowardly thing to do. Things could hardly be more convenient, I'd say.

Another issue is that even if you are willing to leave everything behind, you still need a place to actually go to. And that's also a dilemma that's already solved here. The Hoshidian royal family is perfectly fine with welcoming Corrin as their own, so there is already a place for him. One that doesn't even involve a loss of status or comfort, no less.

And it's not like the Nohrian siblings would just drop over dead the moment you decide to side with Hoshido.

Edited by BrightBow

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

There shouldn't be a choice in the first place, considering Azura exists, and her silence is the only thing that makes the routes split in the first place.

I agree to a point. Her silence definitely is the main reason for the route split, but there's a really big problem...are Xander and Ryoma willing to listen to her? These are the two who hold the highest amount of power in the fractions you'd need to work with. They seem to only be willing listen to Corrin, and even then that's not a guarantee...

10 minutes ago, Nanima² said:

Sure, the Nohr siblings love you, but at least Xander definitly lied to you about your true heritage ( and from Corrin's view, there is also the chance that Camilla and Leo knew about it).

I can't say for Camilla, since we're given little backstory for her outside of a few details, but I don't believe Leo knew about it. I believe his S-Support with f!Corrin confirms that he'd just learned about it fairly recently. Unless...he'd learned before the story and...that begs too many questions and makes me cringe a little...

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I agree to a point. Her silence definitely is the main reason for the route split, but there's a really big problem...are Xander and Ryoma willing to listen to her? These are the two who hold the highest amount of power in the fractions you'd need to work with. They seem to only be willing listen to Corrin, and even then that's not a guarantee...

She persuades Corrin and indirectly Felicia to jump into the canyon effortlessly in Revelation. The fact that she just goes along with what's happening in Birthright and Conquest is nonsensical, and Revelation makes those two paths obsolete anyway, and that route is only unlocked because it's the only path where she leads someone to the ravine.

14 minutes ago, Nanima² said:

This. I think people tend to ignore the situation when it comes to "Nohr or Hoshido", and try to make choosing as something selfless and heroic, much like the actual game. They also don't consider what the Hoshidan royal family went through. It's a horrible feeling to have a loved one disappear and not know what happened. 

Honestly I'm completely fine with people choosing Nohr over because they don't have the courage to betray the family that raised them. It's understandable and it's a human reaction. I have problem with it. What really angers me, is people justifying choosing Nohr over Hoshido by making it sound like it's a selfless choice. It's not. It's incredibly selfish. But a lot of people don't what to appear selfish so they make it sound selfless and insult the hoshidan family.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

She persuades Corrin and indirectly Felicia to jump into the canyon effortlessly in Revelation. The fact that she just goes along with what's happening in Birthright and Conquest is nonsensical, and Revelation makes those two paths obsolete anyway, and that route is only unlocked because it's the only path where she leads someone to the ravine.

Perhaps I thought about this incorrectly, and thus missed what you were saying. If so, my apologies. I thought of it as such: Chapter 6 begins where Azura manages to mention wanting to show the ravine for answers. Xander and Ryoma are skeptical, and still keep fighting/bickering. The game could, in theory, still split. But now Corrin is aware of the "hey let's not pick a side". They still have the option to ignore Azura, as well, and join one side or the other. Would it be wise? Probably not, but the whole thing circles back to Corrin having the final say in the matter. The issue is the way Chapter 6 is framed, really...it's all about Corrin.

Additionally, Corrin can be persuaded to take a clearly ominous and glowing sword with little effort because "daddy dearest" gave it to them; jumping into a ravine doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for what Corrin, as a character, would do. Felicia/Jakob jumping in is based on what Corrin wants to do, not what they think/feel about the matter. Now, if Corrin was like, "No way lady," it doesn't matter. If Corrin won't go in, she's in the same situation as before. Thus nothing changes/develops. Which, again, frames Corrin's choice as more important than her knowledge.

12 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Perhaps I thought about this incorrectly, and thus missed what you were saying. If so, my apologies. I thought of it as such: Chapter 6 begins where Azura manages to mention wanting to show the ravine for answers. Xander and Ryoma are skeptical, and still keep fighting/bickering. The game could, in theory, still split. But now Corrin is aware of the "hey let's not pick a side". They still have the option to ignore Azura, as well, and join one side or the other. Would it be wise? Probably not, but the whole thing circles back to Corrin having the final say in the matter. The issue is the way Chapter 6 is framed, really...it's all about Corrin.

Azura knows the true source of the conflict and the possible world-ending threat. Corrin does not.

This is not about Corrin; the way the story is constructed means Azura has to remain silent about Valla to even justify the existence of Birthright and Conquest, which is partially achieved by a poorly explained, super specific plot curse which makes the Blood Pact of Radiant Dawn look like bloody Cervantes. The fact remains that Azura has absolutely no reason not to try her damnedest to get people to Valla, yet she does not in Birthright and Conquest, and in the latter she won't even explain while they're actually there. 

In summation: Corrin's choice shouldn't affect Azura's ability or desire to save the world. The story is simply not framed that way.

As for your other point, you seem to completely trivialize what Azura knows - she knows about the true conflict that might end with the end of the world; should she not try to do anything about it because Corrin might not trust her?

Edited by Thane

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Azura knows the true source of the conflict and the possible world-ending threat. Corrin does not.

This is not about Corrin; the way the story is constructed means Azura has to remain silent about Valla to even justify the existence of Birthright and Conquest, which is partially achieved by a poorly explained, super specific plot curse which makes the Blood Pact of Radiant Dawn look like bloody Cervantes. The fact remains that Azura has absolutely no reason not to try her damnedest to get people to Valla, yet she does not in Birthright and Conquest, and in the latter she won't even explain while they're actually there. 

In summation: Corrin's choice shouldn't affect Azura's ability or desire to save the world. The story is simply not framed that way.

You simply most clarify for me, do you mean the guy with the fabulous mustache or the guy who wrote the best selling novel in history?

Also in terms of laying blame for doing feck all to stop Anankos, I think Mikoto should share some. She should have told Ryoma about that years ago.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Also in terms of laying blame for doing feck all to stop Anankos, I think Mikoto should share some. She should have told Ryoma about that years ago.

But the curse..... If I recall correctly, isn't that why Arete is dead

Just now, Motendra said:

But the curse..... If I recall correctly, isn't that why Arete is dead

Nothing stopping her from taking a weekend trip down the valley exactly like Azura did in Revelations.

57 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hide contents

This perspective is marred somewhat when we later find out Corrin isn't even related to the Hoshido siblings by blood and Ryoma knows it. Hoshido basically has as much connection to him as the hospital on the other side of the country you happened to be born in. Of course Corrin doesn't know this at the time of the decision so it can't really be taking into account for which is the best one but it does serve to make the entire thing seem a lot more grey on retrospect.

But Mikoto is still your mom. She married into the Hoshidan family and Corrin was raised there for some years. Hinoka believes and Ryouma considers you to be their sibling. People who argue that the Nohrians have a claim on Corrin because they have been their family for years, should consider that this was also true for the Hoshidans. Just because the Hoshidan royals didn't share blood with Corrin, doesn't mean that they were free for grabs or that the Hoshidan's emotions were invalid. (How the "not-blood related" thing harms the overall "loyalty versus blood" narrative the game tries to feed you, is irrelevant because I never argued that the Hoshidans have a blood right to Corrin but an emotional one)  

44 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I can't say for Camilla, since we're given little backstory for her outside of a few details, but I don't believe Leo knew about it. I believe his S-Support with f!Corrin confirms that he'd just learned about it fairly recently. Unless...he'd learned before the story and...that begs too many questions and makes me cringe a little...

Sure, Camilla and Leo likely weren't in the know. But Corrin pre-chapter 6 has no idea who knows what, and from their point of view it is a likely possibility.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Nothing stopping her from taking a weekend trip down the valley exactly like Azura did in Revelations.

I'd argue that being the reigning Queen of Hoshido comes with restrictions, but given how Garon could occasionally go to Nestra to see a show..... idk

20 minutes ago, Nanima² said:

But Mikoto is still your mom. She married into the Hoshidan family and Corrin was raised there for some years. Hinoka believes and Ryouma considers you to be their sibling. People who argue that the Nohrians have a claim on Corrin because they have been their family for years, should consider that this was also true for the Hoshidans. Just because the Hoshidan royals didn't share blood with Corrin, doesn't mean that they were free for grabs or that the Hoshidan's emotions were invalid. (How the "not-blood related" thing harms the overall "loyalty versus blood" narrative the game tries to feed you, is irrelevant because I never argued that the Hoshidans have a blood right to Corrin but an emotional one)  

Sure, Camilla and Leo likely weren't in the know. But Corrin pre-chapter 6 has no idea who knows what, and from their point of view it is a likely possibility.

A couple years as a baby that he has entirely forgotten. Not really that much. If Mikoto was still alive then sure there'd be some reason but she's dead and the fact that she was stepmother to some guys you don't know isn't all that important. It's for that reason I kind of would have liked it if Sakura was Mikoto and Sumaragi's child (and Elise was Garon's and Arete's). Given that Sakura's younger than Corrin, Sumaragi must have been married to someone else (who has a name I just can't be bothered to look up) while Mikoto had assylum there. It makes Mikoto's status as queen and relation to the Hoshido's really tangential. Like she must have been married to him for what? Six months? A year tops maybe? That first wife must have died the moment Sakura was born (admittedly childbirth is quite likely) and Sumaragi must have jumped into the sheets with Mikoto practically instantly. If they were married for a good few years and had a kid together then it would give Corrin at least some connection to Sumaragi and Hoshido.

But then of course we couldn't have Corrin marry Sakura without some full on sibling incest and that's just out of the question when it comes to Waifu simulator 9000.

17 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I'd argue that being the reigning Queen of Hoshido comes with restrictions, but given how Garon could occasionally go to Nestra to see a show..... idk

I'm sure being a monarch is a busy job but if you can't set aside just a few days to help combat a threat to the entire world then you're just managing both you time and priorities badly -_-

Edited by Jotari

Yeah, the whole Hoshidan family situation is a mess. :D I'm sure it's possible to find a reasonable explaination - for example, Mikoto could just have been a concubine to Sumeragi before the siblings' mother died, Sumeragi married her afterwards and from that point on, they treated Corrin as if they were their child, just from before their marriage. And since only Ryoma was old enough to understand what was going on, the three other siblings grew up in the belief that Corrin was their half-sibling. But I'm completely making that up, so the only available reasoning is 'they wanted EVERYONE to be fuckable'...

Anyway, that doesn't really have anything to do with Corrins decision in chapter 6. At that point, for all Corrin knows and believes, he is related to Hoshido's royal family, his kidnapper/stepfather just murdered his mother as well as several innocent people; best case scenario is that Garon didn't give a fuck if Corrin lived or died; Garon ordered Corrin to kill to prisoners to test their loyalty; and Nohr is quite clearly the aggressor in the already started war.

So in my opinion, siding with Hoshido is the rational decision at that point, even without the knowledge the player gains during the three routes. That said, I clearly ignored Corrin's relationship with his Nohrian siblings. Despite what I wrote, Corrin clearly still trusts them, so as much as I dislike the further progression of CQ's story, I can't really fault Corrin for the initial decision.

Edited by ping

Nohr, but not the same way Corrin does it.

I would buy my time, laying the foundation for a revolution. I would convince e Ice Tribe to help me, probably through the help of Felicia and her sister. 

Cheve would be difficult, as Hoshido already has their hands in that. I would try to confront Scarlet and try to talk to her. Attempt to convince her to help start a revolution and take back the city and keep it under Nohrian rule, not Hoshido. I would attempt to convince her to leave and hide before Hans gets there to prevent them from getting killed. 

The royal family would be next. Leo, Camilla, and Elise would likely be pretty easy to convince if the framework is already being set. Xander would take some work, but I am pretty sure he could be convinced if it is already being set up. He doesn't exactly want to invade Hoshido either. That gives not just the royal family, but also their retainers which are pretty powerful on their own compared to normal soldiers. 

Unfortunately, Hoshido would be difficult to reach or wouldn't want to listen, so trying to tell them that we are trying to revolt and could use their help would be difficult too.

Takumi would also be difficult. At this point he already hates me and wants me dead. If cheve already happens, that means I have had to confront him twice. Honestly, I may very well kill him if I absolutely have to. If he keeps standing in my way and will try to keep me from my goal, he will need to be removed. That would destroy relations between Hoshido and me though. The best bet would be to get him stuck in a situation he cannot win, and let one of Garon's lackeys do the job. Injure him bad enough in Cheve to where he cannot flee, and leave him for Hans to finish off. I would hope it wouldn't come to that though.

The other big issue is he revolution itself. It won't be easy to do. The best bet, since I am close to the king to begin with, is set up a trap for him and try to seize the throne by killing the king and hopefully Hans and Iago. If those three fall, the rest of the army will probably stop as most of them don't eant to fight either.

Of course this idea wouldn't be fool proof and has flaws, but it is roughly what I would do in Corrin's position. Start a revolution in Nohr.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Of course this idea wouldn't be fool proof and has flaws

Namely the fact that you - as Corrin, of course - are a sheltered, naïve, inexperienced youth who knows nothing of these things AND would most likely be executed the second you returned because the insane king in charge of the country - who's got your only allies wrapped around his little finger - wants you dead.

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Nohr, but not the same way Corrin does it.

I would buy my time, laying the foundation for a revolution. I would convince e Ice Tribe to help me, probably through the help of Felicia and her sister. 

Cheve would be difficult, as Hoshido already has their hands in that. I would try to confront Scarlet and try to talk to her. Attempt to convince her to help start a revolution and take back the city and keep it under Nohrian rule, not Hoshido. I would attempt to convince her to leave and hide before Hans gets there to prevent them from getting killed. 

The royal family would be next. Leo, Camilla, and Elise would likely be pretty easy to convince if the framework is already being set. Xander would take some work, but I am pretty sure he could be convinced if it is already being set up. He doesn't exactly want to invade Hoshido either. That gives not just the royal family, but also their retainers which are pretty powerful on their own compared to normal soldiers. 

Unfortunately, Hoshido would be difficult to reach or wouldn't want to listen, so trying to tell them that we are trying to revolt and could use their help would be difficult too.

Takumi would also be difficult. At this point he already hates me and wants me dead. If cheve already happens, that means I have had to confront him twice. Honestly, I may very well kill him if I absolutely have to. If he keeps standing in my way and will try to keep me from my goal, he will need to be removed. That would destroy relations between Hoshido and me though. The best bet would be to get him stuck in a situation he cannot win, and let one of Garon's lackeys do the job. Injure him bad enough in Cheve to where he cannot flee, and leave him for Hans to finish off. I would hope it wouldn't come to that though.

The other big issue is he revolution itself. It won't be easy to do. The best bet, since I am close to the king to begin with, is set up a trap for him and try to seize the throne by killing the king and hopefully Hans and Iago. If those three fall, the rest of the army will probably stop as most of them don't eant to fight either.

Of course this idea wouldn't be fool proof and has flaws, but it is roughly what I would do in Corrin's position. Start a revolution in Nohr.

He's an archer. Just stick four people standing beside him and he's useless!

comic394_zpsr9qxrlov.png

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=022315

26 minutes ago, Jotari said:

A couple years as a baby that he has entirely forgotten. Not really that much. If Mikoto was still alive then sure there'd be some reason but she's dead and the fact that she was stepmother to some guys you don't know isn't all that important. It's for that reason I kind of would have liked it if Sakura was Mikoto and Sumaragi's child (and Elise was Garon's and Arete's). Given that Sakura's younger than Corrin, Sumaragi must have been married to someone else (who has a name I just can't be bothered to look up) while Mikoto had assylum there. It makes Mikoto's status as queen and relation to the Hoshido's really tangential. Like she must have been married to him for what? Six months? A year tops maybe? That first wife must have died the moment Sakura was born (admittedly childbirth is quite likely) and Sumaragi must have jumped into the sheets with Mikoto practically instantly. If they were married for a good few years and had a kid together then it would give Corrin at least some connection to Sumaragi and Hoshido.

But then of course we couldn't have Corrin marry Sakura without some full on sibling incest and that's just out of the question when it comes to Waifu simulator 9000.

My argument was directed at the people who couldn't see the Hoshidan's perpsectives at all. So i was arguing about why their perspective still matters when making a choice by illustrating it. It must have been some years at least as Corrin is mentioned to have been a baby at the time they were brought to Hoshido. So both Takumi (yes, he is younger than Corrin too) and Sakura were born afterwards, which would make that time at least two or three years. Hinoka remembers Corrin from that time and clearly loved them as their sibling. The whole situation had a deep impact on her. 

Does Corrin not being related to the Hoshidans weaken their case? Narrative wise, yes. But you should all just remember that the oldest Hoshidan royals still consider you family and that the fact that they haven't seen you for years and that you don't remember them, is not their fault, but the fault of the enemy nation who kidnapped you and held you prisoner for years. In the time they spend with you, they do everything in their power to try and reconnect with you (except Takumi, but he has no memory of Corrin either according to the Drama CD). You are given no reason to doubt their love and devotion to try and become a family again.

I would have also preferred Corrin being related to the Hoshidans or at least Takumi and Sakura. But they aren't. And I still think the Hoshidan's plight holds some weight to it regardless.