Nohr or Hoshido?

Murrdogg93

Nohr or Hoshido?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which side would you choose?

• Nohr
    • Hoshido
    • Abandon both sides

I'd likely go the Revelation route. There is absolutely NO reason to go back to Nohr aside from your four siblings. Garon literally tried to turn you into an unwilling suicide bomber, and it's so painfully and ridiculously clear that he's insane and most definitely in the wrong. I couldn't bring myself to side with Nohr. However, at the same time, I couldn't bring myself to side with Hoshido, either. I probably wouldn't be able to face my Nohr siblings if I did. Now if they were just random soldiers and there was next to no chance of encountering them during the war...maybe. But they're royals, it's all but guaranteed I'd encounter them, so...I couldn't side with Hoshido, either. I'd go with neither.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone saying that Garon was behind Mikoto's death, didn't Corrin ask Garon if he knew about the sword and the explosion? Garon stated that he knew nothing of it. I don't remember this being proven false. As far as I'm concerned, Corrin (you) should only be under the impression that it was him and not stating that as fact in those arguments. 

On topic, I honestly think that I would return to neither. I say neither because I'd have conflicted feelings about the whole thing. I wouldn't join Nohr because, my Hoshisibs exist and they care for me. Even if I don't know them too well, my mother lived with them and I could see that they treated her well. Let's not forget that she sacrificed herself to protect me. 

As for the other side, I would have a ton of trust issues. My father presumably attempted to have me killed while I was in Hoshido. I would also be upset towards the Nohrsibs, specifically Xander and Camilla because they told me nothing about the Hoshidans. But at the same time they are also the ones(along with Leon and Elise) who visited me when I was locked up in that tower by myself for the majority of my life. So even if I hate Garon, I couldn't turn my weapon against any of my Nohrsibs and I wouldn't just stand by and allow them to get hurt. 

Neither is the only option I can really pick since picking one side will most likely end up with me having to slaughter the opposition. 

Edited by Avarice_Shadow

1 hour ago, Avarice_Shadow said:

To everyone saying that Garon was behind Mikoto's death, didn't Corrin ask Garon if he knew about the sword and the explosion? Garon stated that he knew nothing of it. I don't remember this being proven false. As far as I'm concerned, Corrin (you) should only be under the impression that it was him and not stating that as fact in those arguments. 

On topic, I honestly think that I would return to neither. I say neither because I'd have conflicted feelings about the whole thing. I wouldn't join Nohr because, my Hoshisibs exist and they care for me. Even if I don't know them too well, my mother lived with them and I could see that they treated her well. Let's not forget that she sacrificed herself to protect me. 

As for the other side, I would have a ton of trust issues. My father presumably attempted to have me killed while I was in Hoshido. I would also be upset towards the Nohrsibs, specifically Xander and Camilla because they told me nothing about the Hoshidans. But at the same time they are also the ones(along with Leon and Elise) who visited me when I was locked up in that tower by myself for the majority of my life. So even if I hate Garon, I couldn't turn my weapon against any of my Nohrsibs and I wouldn't just stand by and allow them to get hurt. 

Neither is the only option I can really pick since picking one side will most likely end up with me having to slaughter the opposition. 

Well looking at it from the angle of what Corrin knows, Corrin only gets the chance to ask Garon that by choosing Conquest. In an absolute sense Garon does say Corrin was nothing but a pawn to be used against Mikoto in Birthright so that's pretty high evidence that he was behind the plan. Of course that's looking at it from the perspective that Garon actually has any sentience of his own at this point.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Avarice_Shadow said:

Both Garon and Sumeragi (you know, the one who actually made the sword explode) are servants of Anankos. The entire plan was set up by Anankos and Garon acted on his orders. So yes, it is proven fact that Garon had a hand in Mikoto's death whether he was filled in on all the details by his master or not. I doubt Garon thought (if he has thoughts that is) that the evil pulsing sword he was meant to give to Corrin would bring sunshine and rainbows to Hoshido. 

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well looking at it from the angle of what Corrin knows, Corrin only gets the chance to ask Garon that by choosing Conquest. In an absolute sense Garon does say Corrin was nothing but a pawn to be used against Mikoto in Birthright so that's pretty high evidence that he was behind the plan. Of course that's looking at it from the perspective that Garon actually has any sentience of his own at this point.

If Garon was behind the plan, then why lie and say he has no idea about the attack when Corrin confronts him in Conquest? But in Birthright he says something different? He doesn't fear or respect Corrin either so it seems very odd for him to lie. 

14 minutes ago, Nanima² said:

Both Garon and Sumeragi (you know, the one who actually made the sword explode) are servants of Anankos. The entire plan was set up by Anankos and Garon acted on his orders. So yes, it is proven fact that Garon had a hand in Mikoto's death whether he was filled in on all the details by his master or not. I doubt Garon thought (if he has thoughts that is) that the evil pulsing sword he was meant to give to Corrin would bring sunshine and rainbows to Hoshido. 

Fair enough. I can't deny that he did have a hand. 

1 minute ago, Avarice_Shadow said:

If Garon was behind the plan, then why lie and say he has no idea about the attack when Corrin confronts him in Conquest? But in Birthright he says something different? He doesn't fear or respect Corrin either so it seems very odd for him to lie. 

Fair enough. I can't deny that he did have a hand. 

Might not be for Corrin's benefit and instead its for the other people in the court at the time. Nohr is a pretty totalitarian place but still, confessing to a covert assassination using otherworldly magical means in an attack that killed dozens of innocent civilians, might not be the best public relations option.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Might not be for Corrin's benefit and instead its for the other people in the court at the time. Nohr is a pretty totalitarian place but still, confessing to a covert assassination using otherworldly magical means in an attack that killed dozens of innocent civilians, might not be the best public relations option.

Yeah that does make more sense when I think about it like that. 

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Or it's just for the simple fact that Garon wouldn't be able to manipulate Corrin as easily if he went "yeah I killed your mother, what are you going to do about it?". 

35 minutes ago, Thane said:

Or it's just for the simple fact that Garon wouldn't be able to manipulate Corrin as easily if he went "yeah I killed your mother, what are you going to do about it?". 

I don't think Garon actually wanted to manipulate Corrin any further at that point. He just wanted him/her dead. Only Anankos was staying his hand (which coming to think of it does imply Garon has some free will of his own and isn't just a talking piece for Ananakos. Why Anankos wouldn't allow Garon to kill Corrin is never really explained. I guess we can only assume it's due to some lingering fatherly affection towards her? Even though his good half was apparently destroyed entirely and Corrin was conceived after the split). But saying "Oh yeah I totally used you as a sleeper agent to kill your mother, by the way I'm going to execute you now" would cause him to lose quite a lot of Xander's unreasonable loyalty.

Edited by Jotari

By the Choice Chapter, Garon already tried to kill me, three times. Not once, not twice, three.
Hoshido ? Who are these people ? I meet them in what, three chapters, and they expect me to be their perfect... thing.

Oh and they all like to BS their way  Marxander knew Kamui was kidnapped, and Ryouma knew he/she wasn't connected to his family.

All of those things are obviously never expanded upon, of course. (bad writing)

On 02/02/2017 at 5:57 PM, Res said:

Screw all of them!

Squabbling over Corrin as if Corrin's a piece of meat.

And this too. This makes everything creepier when you think about it.
I mean, if you think about it as if the plot made any kind of sense yeah, but still. Creepy as hell. Corrin is even more like an object than Azura.

Where do I sign up a pact with Lucifer to massacre them all ? At this point, joining Anankos sounds like the best piece of writing ever.
I'll do either that, or something like:' Okay, you guys are the kind of people no one want to know, so I'm getting the hell out of here. you can continue to do your things. Hopefully, I'll be able to forget about you people.'

Edited by B.Leu

Hoshido, obviously.    Garon, Nohr's King, just attempted to murder me, not once but twice [orders to Hans, Ganglari].  Going back to him is sheer insanity.  And if the Nohrian "siblings" are still going to fight for him even after this, then clearly they've chosen Garon's side over my side and thus they've betrayed me to when I needed them the most.  

On 2/3/2017 at 1:02 AM, Tolvir said:

So removing ALL game mechanics, Corrin is not a push over in terms of his actual power. If he can kill a deity like Anankos, he could kill Garon.

Going by the game's own story cutscenes, he can't even HURT Garon until he achieves Noble Yato/Shadow Yato.   Anankos is killed with the even more powerful Omega Yato.   

Even though I like some of the characters in Hoshido (mainly Ryoma, Sakura, Asugi, Rhajat, Caeldori), I chose Nohr over Hoshido.  Nohr has all my favorite units in the game.  It has Selena, Xander, Soliel, Laslow, Odin, Ophelia, and Peri.  Plus I really do love Elise over Sakura.

My heart would say Nohr because the people i love would be on that side. But my morality would say Hoshido because those guys are in the right when it comes to the actual conflict. It would be a hard choice

I would go with the side that didn't try to just kill me (Hoshido). I'd personally want revenge after Hans "killed" my father figure, and my adoptive father giving me something that could've killed me. Joining Nohr would be equivalent to suicide. I'd try hard to get the Nohr siblings to see my side, though.

Edited by Bandido Banderas

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, Loki Laufeyson said:

My heart would say Nohr because the people i love would be on that side. But my morality would say Hoshido because those guys are in the right when it comes to the actual conflict. It would be a hard choice

That's what I like about this game. It's a choice that is legitimately challenging for people to make.

Hoshido. In a heartbeat.

Well, for one, it's already obvious to me that Garon is a one-dimensional asshole with no redeeming traits that cares so little about his own children that he would order one executed by his or her sibling, but Nohr in general is the bad guy who clearly needs to be defeated. Not to mention, after learning that I was kidnapped by said madman and my not really biological father was murdered, I think I'd have something of a bone to pick with that guy,

Considering that Hoshido is just trying to defend its way of life and people from a crazy maniac, Hoshido is the clear, non-selfish path to choose. Granted, it would be painful fighting the siblings I grew up with, but I like to consider myself a morally decent person, and if they're siding with a conquering madman, then I'm afraid we don't have much in common anymore.