Jump to content
Roy Havenstone

Genealogy Pairing Guide Beta. Feedback appreciated.

Recommended Posts

Started working on a personal pairing guide to accommodate for growths, inheritance and story talks for every combination possible in Genealogy of the Holy War. It has now become so complex that I'd like to share it for general usage. It is still very much a work in progress, so I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about how it could be streamlined and improved upon if you have the time.


Link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H3x-jIxRxpLVJWR3ZzY3JiVlU/view?usp=sharing


Spreadsheet is split up into Holy Blood bonuses, skills, weapons, special talks/items/stat boosts, royal lineage and overall potential. In particular I'm looking for a way to incorporate weapon rank changes between fathers and combined child growth rates (w/o Holy Blood), while still making the spreadsheet user friendly.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing what you think!

Edited by Roy Havenstone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Azel can pass down Swords to Skasaha / Ulster, Delmud and Patty. The only things he can pass down to Corple are the Sleep Staff, the Libro Staff and the Restore Staff if he picks them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamke is good for Lester but bad for Lana? Lana will always be at least as good as Aideen, so that seems a bit weird to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yojinbo said:

Azel can pass down Swords to Skasaha / Ulster, Delmud and Patty. The only things he can pass down to Corple are the Sleep Staff, the Libro Staff and the Restore Staff if he picks them up.

 

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CappnRob said:

Jamke is good for Lester but bad for Lana? Lana will always be at least as good as Aideen, so that seems a bit weird to me.

 

Potential ratings are based on reports from other players (as I haven't had time to test every combination) and are subject to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CappnRob said:

Jamke is good for Lester but bad for Lana? Lana will always be at least as good as Aideen, so that seems a bit weird to me.

Indeed. Lana doesn't care who her father is, for the most part. She'll either be really good (Claude, Azel) or good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similarly Larcei is pretty much unscrewable since she's Ayra++ in all situations and Ayra's one major issue isn't exactly fixable with a dad (lack of horse). Ulster will have to deal with magic dad screwing up stats, if he is unfortunate enough to get one, but Larcei just kinda can't get fucked up. She'd be decent at the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is more of a personal point, but maybe you should use less flashy colors when creating tabs, to make them easier to read ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Similarly Larcei is pretty much unscrewable since she's Ayra++ in all situations and Ayra's one major issue isn't exactly fixable with a dad (lack of horse). Ulster will have to deal with magic dad screwing up stats, if he is unfortunate enough to get one, but Larcei just kinda can't get fucked up. She'd be decent at the worst.

On the flip side, a magic dad can give him a magic niche and help him make use of his +3 magic on promotion. Larcei is the one who gets the short end of the stick having both a poor strength and poor magic growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larcei has a reasonable base, the Shannan talk in chapter 7 for...+3 str iirc? and swordmaster promotion bonuses are no slouch, plus whatever swords Ayra can throw at her (all of them that aren't the Holy weapons). Even if Seliph gets her mom's Hero sword, she'll still have access to stuff like Silver Blade right out of the gate. Out of the magic dads only Azel can even pass down swords (and actually has a good mag growth), so I can't see Lewyn or Claude being much use even going magic sword Ulster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Azel still results in functional swordtwins. Skasaha's not quite as well off because his strength's a tad lower and he struggles to kill with only astra to rely on. Levin would probably be more useful because critical and continue are better than a 10% magic growth for him. Lakche misses out on a little more magic but the skills are worth it. Claude's a deadbeat though, the res boost is only mildly convenient at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still have Azel wrong - he does not gain access to Staves upon promotion and is therefore not able to naturally pass them down to Corple with the exception of Libro and Sleep Staff [both obtained via bosskills] and the Restore Staff [obtained via Ch.3 Village].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2017 at 0:18 PM, Yojinbo said:

You still have Azel wrong - he does not gain access to Staves upon promotion and is therefore not able to naturally pass them down to Corple with the exception of Libro and Sleep Staff [both obtained via bosskills] and the Restore Staff [obtained via Ch.3 Village].

Sorry, for some reason Drive didn't update when I uploaded the revised spreadsheet, but it's fixed now. What I'm really looking for now is a way to show how fathers affect all child weapon rank potential. On Fire Emblem wiki it says Patty's promoted weapon rank, for example, changes depending on her father.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roy Havenstone said:

Sorry, for some reason Drive didn't update when I uploaded the revised spreadsheet, but it's fixed now. What I'm really looking for now is a way to show how fathers affect all child weapon rank potential. On Fire Emblem wiki it says Patty's promoted weapon rank, for example, changes depending on her father.

Essentially, the parents who have holy blood affect weapon ranks either by adding +1 to the weapon rank for the class or making it a * rank straight away (barring Levin!Corple for Holsety). And if the kid doesn't get the weapon type ever, it's irrelevant to their ranks, but they will have the effect on promotion.

So the list for dads is:

Azel: +1 to fire rank

Claude: +1 staff rank to daughter, * staff to son

Chulainn/Holyn: +1 to sword rank

Levin: +1 wind rank to daughter, * wind to son

Lex: +1 to axe rank

As for a way to display it, I'm thinking of putting it in a separate column, but but that's my opinion.

Edited by Dayni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still have arthur as getting a * staff rank if claude is the dad, and azel as getting staffs on promotion. Both are mage knights, who can never use staffs. You also say that azel can only pass dpwn certain staffs to corple, which is missleading because anyone can pass down those 3 staffs if they get them from an enemy drop or village..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sirmola said:

You still have arthur as getting a * staff rank if claude is the dad, and azel as getting staffs on promotion. Both are mage knights, who can never use staffs. You also say that azel can only pass dpwn certain staffs to corple, which is missleading because anyone can pass down those 3 staffs if they get them from an enemy drop or village..

Well, Azel can only pass those down, like every dad who can't equip them. If that's not how it's put I understand, but with how you put it, that's not wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, Azel can only pass those down, like every dad who can't equip them. If that's not how it's put I understand, but with how you put it, that's not wrong.

It's true that the note is not technecaly inncorect, but it should eather be on every dad exept levin and claude (because they can all do that), or be on no dads. As it is right now, it is inconsistent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to disagree with Jamke yielding a good Lester. No Pursuit, Adept is redundant with Brave bow (they don't stack). Midir makes for the best Lester overall being the only father that can pass down bows and Pursuit. On the other hand, Finn is an interesting choice due to the magic +5 boost to Lana in chapter 7, making him the best physical father for her. While the bow inheritance for Lester is lost, both the Brave and Killer bows can be (re)claimed in chapter 8.

For Ayra, Naoise should be excellent IMO due to Critical and Accost, and good overall stats. Some people complain that the skill is redundant when using a 50+ kill weapon, but you could just give such a weapon to someone else. Only B rank swords can be passed onto Lester though, so no Steel or Silver blade. Steel sword is a nice backup to the Iron blade he starts with due to less weight (ie. bit more avoid).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hozu said:

I'm going to disagree with Jamke yielding a good Lester. No Pursuit, Adept is redundant with Brave bow (they don't stack). Midir makes for the best Lester overall being the only father that can pass down bows and Pursuit. On the other hand, Finn is an interesting choice due to the magic +5 boost to Lana in chapter 7, making him the best physical father for her. While the bow inheritance for Lester is lost, both the Brave and Killer bows can be (re)claimed in chapter 8.

For Ayra, Naoise should be excellent IMO due to Critical and Accost, and good overall stats. Some people complain that the skill is redundant when using a 50+ kill weapon, but you could just give such a weapon to someone else. Only B rank swords can be passed onto Lester though, so no Steel or Silver blade. Steel sword is a nice backup to the Iron blade he starts with due to less weight (ie. bit more avoid).

Oh, Jamke is worse than Midir, but he can easily work with the Pursuit ring, and it would be expected that other pairings have Pursuit covered.

Another concern would the the low skill, and that's not so easy to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry but I must disagree. I just had a playthrough and I paired Aideen and Jamke. Once you give him the skill ring and the pursuit ring, Lester is way better than if his father was Midir. Plus, with Jamke as his father he levels up faster, and survives longer. Midir has good growths, but Jamke has great growths. And also for Lana, she is good with any father, her growths will be great regardless. I tried her with everyone as her father she always turns out great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2017 at 4:59 PM, CappnRob said:

Jamke is good for Lester but bad for Lana? Lana will always be at least as good as Aideen, so that seems a bit weird to me.

Jamke!Lana has low Magic which can be bad for healing with non-recover Staves or using status Staves. Also she has less combat capability (not that you're using her for combat anyway) due to her lower Magic stat. High HP is pretty nice though.

That being said no one really pairs for good Lanas because she's almost always good. Azel!Lana is the best of them but that isn't saying much, especially when Azel!Lester kinda blows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her magic will still be better than Aideen's, and Aideen has tolerable magic and access to the recover staff which Lana can inherit out the gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hamlet said:

Jamke!Lana has low Magic which can be bad for healing with non-recover Staves or using status Staves. Also she has less combat capability (not that you're using her for combat anyway) due to her lower Magic stat. High HP is pretty nice though.

That being said no one really pairs for good Lanas because she's almost always good. Azel!Lana is the best of them but that isn't saying much, especially when Azel!Lester kinda blows.

Is Azel!Lana or Claude!Lana the best Lana? I'm interested in doing a Celice harem run maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Is Azel!Lana or Claude!Lana the best Lana? I'm interested in doing a Celice harem run maybe.

Claude by a fair bit. Lana has no real business fighting and having access to A staves from the get-go is far more useful than the ability to use Elfire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...