Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What's your least favorite character in the whole series itself?

Personally, my least favorite is most likely Peri (FE FATES)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest it's probably a tie between Azama and Corrin. Azama is just a pessimistic jerk and even though he sometimes shows his good side, he's just really unpleasant. As for Corrin, I'm not sure I can say I hate him rather than I hate how he was portrayed in Fates. Like come on, everyone literally kisses the floor he walks on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toss up between Camilla, Lucina, and Mia. Though I hate them all for different reasons, really, though none of them have good designs in my eyes. Camilla for her really stupid design and dumb personality, Lucina for being a bland and boring female Marth which makes her unoriginal to me, and her fanboys can be annoying, and Mia for being annoying and a really flat character.

Yet, somehow, they're all popular to some degree and I'll never understand why.

Oh, I could also throw Micaiah in there, but she at least has a nice design, imo. She's just poorly written to me and also has some dumb lines (like that "father of Sothe's children" one. That was just stupid and not funny to me).

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanaki, I've gone on at length of my hatred for her in several other topics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's Peri but that's very low hanging fruit at this point.

There is also Asugi who has al the negative implications of the other Awakening clones but not the small degree of justification that the other two had. With Tharja and Cordelia you can at least understand that they would try to recreate them but what did Gaius ever do to deserve his very own clone?

And Shinon who's all around just an unpleasant fellow. He's got so many bad traits that I don't think him being nice to Rolf is enough to redeem him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either Corrin (FE14) or Erk (FE7). Corrin because he's just a stupid Mary Sue. Seriously, I respect Takumi for not liking him. Erk because he looks like and is a weaker, male Lute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corrin.

Hands down ruined Fates for me. I love Fates gameplay and normally if the story of game is mediocre, I'll still play for the gameplay but Fates is just so horrendous I just couldn't. Not even Robin and Kris bothered me this much, and they both helped butcher Archanea's history with their shitty retcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind I've only played Awakening/Fates. The cast is pretty likable, yet there are those few I'm lukewarm towards.

This is a sentiment that has most definitely been said by people before me, but I dislike Peri/Pieri. 

It's mostly due to her childishness, which comes across as annoying rather than cute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2017 at 10:50 PM, Anacybele said:

Toss up between Camilla, Lucina, and Mia. Though I hate them all for different reasons, really, though none of them have good designs in my eyes. Camilla for her really stupid design and dumb personality, Lucina for being a bland and boring female Marth which makes her unoriginal to me, and her fanboys can be annoying, and Mia for being annoying and a really flat character.

Yet, somehow, they're all popular to some degree and I'll never understand why.

Oh, I could also throw Micaiah in there, but she at least has a nice design, imo. She's just poorly written to me and also has some dumb lines (like that "father of Sothe's children" one. That was just stupid and not funny to me).

FINALLY WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!! I would have to say Lucina, Camilla, and Severa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lilina

Ike (Personal Vendetta)

Tharja

Lucina

Corrin

Kris

Sothe

Caeda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

FINALLY WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!! I would have to say Lucina, Camilla, and Severa.

Severa!! (Fight me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in on the Lucina bandwagon. I find her design redundant (even if she is supposed to be Marth, she could've at least gotten a different outfit after her reveal to make her stand out from Marth after she's been found out), her voice annoying, her general fanbase is annoying, her inaccurate Marth portrayal is cringeworthy, she's hardly as important to Awakening as IS makes her out to be (especially seeing how her deployment is never forced and she can die without giving the player a game over). To me, her very existence is as bad an idea as taking the Mario series and promoting some female Mario cosplayer as a new mascot for the series.

Though before Awakening came out, that dishonour belonged to Sigurd, though that's mostly because of his fanbase. That, and I found him way too bland and perfect (his bad politics flaw didn't cut it for me, in terms of making him interesting). The guy barely even loses his cool or gets flustered, which doesn't make him seem human or relatable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely Corrin. Like Robin before him he is an self-congratulating sociopath but with a far greater level of hypocrisy. And while Robin at least doesn't hurt her friends (unless exposed to male nudity apparently), Corrin is perfectly willing to take advantage of his social status in order to exploit his servants for his own pleasure. And the contrast between Corrin's behavior and the way the story and characters treat him is just really hard to stomach, not to mention that's it's also insulting seeing how that guy is supposed to be the player's Avatar.

I would also like to make a honorary mention to Richard from Tear Ring Saga. This guy was willing to doom the entire world for a reason that is just unbelievably petty, yet despite this the game ends with him getting everything he wants. That guy is a bigger shithead then Corrin and the only reason he isn't my top pick is because he is simply not the centerpiece of his world like Corrin is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tharja and Corrin are on the top of my hit list.  I honestly do not understand the appeal of Tharja outside of the fact that she shows a lot of skin and has that yandere personality.  Her fanbase confuses me and, in each of the times I have played Awakening, she hasn't been a very useful unit.  Her personality is a little too one-noted for me as she's deeply obsessed with the Avatar/Robin.  And speaking of obsession, I hate characters that are widely loved, in the game's world, by everyone like Corrin is.  Homeboy/girl honestly doesn't deserve a lot of the praise and love he gets in the game and the hypocrisy of his personality hurts.  It's this kind of blind love for a character that bothers me and just doesn't make sense.  It's really painful too considering that Corrin is supposed to be us, the player, but there's just too much cognitive dissonance when it comes to playing as Corrin and imagining him/her as ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiona.

After her recruitment chapter, the game forgets that she exists. She was the daughter of one of Daein's Four Riders, and the game has kcuf all to say about that fact. How she managed to stay ruler over Marado and protect her people, I will never know. She is a garbo unit. Her bases are dookie for a LVL. 9 unit. She never gets STR or SKL; she only ever levels up SPD. Even when you give her a forged Iron Lance, she won't do any damage. Try to give her a forged Steel Lance, and she will only do chip damage. The weapon will break quickly without her barely denting the enemy, because she has a ton of SPD but trash STR.

The game would have played just the same without her. She is like some random soldier, expect she has a name.

HM goes to Lyre because she is crap, too.

Edited by saisymbolic
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017年2月7日 at 7:02 PM, Randoman said:

Count me in on the Lucina bandwagon. I find her design redundant (even if she is supposed to be Marth, she could've at least gotten a different outfit after her reveal to make her stand out from Marth after she's been found out), her voice annoying, her general fanbase is annoying, her inaccurate Marth portrayal is cringeworthy, she's hardly as important to Awakening as IS makes her out to be (especially seeing how her deployment is never forced and she can die without giving the player a game over.)

Except how is her "portrayal" of Marth  "inaccurate" when she never even claims to be THE Marth in the first place? I mean, granted, she identifies herself as "Marth", but at no point does she ever call herself "the Hero-King". Not even Chrom thinks her to be THE Marth, given  that asks her "Marth? After the Hero-King of old?" as if to say "You were named in the Hero-King's honor? Interesting.", but she never does answer that question. In fact, she outright avoids that question. So I never really understood the logic behind this accusation. It's kinda like faulting some of the various so-called "Char clones" in the Mobile Suit Gundam series for "pretending to be Char" when they never claim themselves to be Char Aznable.

 

Anyways, Florina. She's very weak-willed and doesn't see much development. Also, Sumia, for stinking of "Relationship Sue", given how forced (and nonsensical, especially with Cynthia in consideration) her relationship with Chrom is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Except how is her "portrayal" of Marth  "inaccurate" when she never even claims to be THE Marth in the first place? I mean, granted, she identifies herself as "Marth", but at no point does she ever call herself "the Hero-King". Not even Chrom thinks her to be THE Marth, given  that asks her "Marth? After the Hero-King of old?" as if to say "You were named in the Hero-King's honor? Interesting.", but she never does answer that question. In fact, she outright avoids that question. So I never really understood the logic behind this accusation. It's kinda like faulting some of the various so-called "Char clones" in the Mobile Suit Gundam series for "pretending to be Char" when they never claim themselves to be Char Aznable.

Lucina states in her B support with Tiki that she thought Marth was fierce and struck fear in friend and foe alike. Given how coldly and harshly she acts to Chrom and his army while she's disguised as Marth, I'm quite sure that Lucina was "accurately" trying to portray Marth based on what she thought Marth was like.

Even with the technicalities you mentioned, I'm sure that if someone was parading around dressed as you hair and clothing wise, called him/herself by your real name, and portrayed a personality that was nothing like yours, you'd find that inaccurate even if they never claimed they were "the" Al or explicitly stated they were trying to "portray" you. I mean, looking like someone in their clothing and hair style and referring to themselves as the person they're dressed up as, I doubt most people would specifically only do 2 out of the 3 (appearance, name, and personality) and as I already mentioned in the first paragraph, Lucina was very likely trying to portray Marth's personality as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Lucina states in her B support with Tiki that she thought Marth was fierce and struck fear in friend and foe alike. Given how coldly and harshly she acts to Chrom and his army while she's disguised as Marth, I'm quite sure that Lucina was "accurately" trying to portray Marth based on what she thought Marth was like.

Emulation =/= Portrayal. And the key words are right there: What she thought Marth was like. She only sought to emulate him because the situation in her own timeline were very dire. She felt like she didn't have enough strength to lead anyone there against the Risen and Grima. She felt seeking to emulate Marth would give her the strength she needed. To her, Marth was a source of inspiration. Pretending to be Marth was never her intention to taking his name as her own. Heck, she doesn't even really try to hide her actual identity early on, given how similar to Chrom's style her own swordfighting skills are (a fact that she explicitly attributed to having learned how to use a sword from her father), and her knowledge of Castle Ylisse's courtyards. And don't forget that after fully joining Chrom's group, she casts Marth's name aside, no longer feeling she would need the strength of the man who bore it. Not to mention, would anyone seeking to emulate a legendary or historical figure even know how that figure truly behaved? Highly doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a group, but FE10 Ike (boring spotlight hog), Kris (avatars are excessively kissed up to and they leech on other characters), Robin (see Kris), Tharja (abusive mother, creepy stalker), Niime (again with terrible mother/grandmother, also she considers killing Fae in their support), Sully (plays the gender card way too much, accuses people of discrimination they didn't do), Corrin (see Kris again, also he's an idiot), Peri (legit makes absolutely no sense in terms of her place in Fateslandia, makes others act ooc to work, also she kills random people), and Camilla (again, creepy, also wear more practical armor lady COME ON that can't be comfortable to ride a dragon zombie in) form the ire squad.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nino, and that's strictly for gameplay reasons. Otherwise, it's Tharja for being a rather bad parent no matter the localization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...