FE Heroes Error 803-3001

shadowofchaos

I think I found a solution for some emulators. I'm using Nox and I didn't have any errors for a month already (starting from march 7).

803-3001 error is caused by Google's SafetyNet. SafetyNet is a part of Google Play Services. I'd think "maybe if I remove play services and play store (because play store downloads play services automatically) everything will work just fine".

After removing these 2 apps I got an error 803-3021. Apparently it happens because FE Heroes checks if there's google account registered on android device, and it can't do it properly for whatever reason because Play Services are uninstalled.

So, I found a thing called microG. It's a replacement for official play services. It works as a ram and battery saver for older devices, but it has another use for us. There's a useful feature  - microG can disable SafetyNet (or, I'd say, SafetyNet is just not implemented there). I installed it and, so far, didn't get any errors in FE Heroes since then.

I made an easy instruction how to install it on Nox.
This tutorial should work for all emulators working on android 2.3 - android 6. If you use phone on android 5 and higher - you should prefer suhide or magisk.

0) FIRST OF ALL, remove all your google accounts from android emulator. 
1) Get root on Nox. You don't have to download anything, just activate root in Nox settings.
2) Activate root access in settings of standard file manager. Go to /system/priv-app and delete every app listed here you can find in priv-app folder, but do NOT delete Phonesky.apk. Also delete updates for Play Services in settings -> apps if you have any. Reboot android.
3) Now download the latest preview* of microG Services Core (you can see preview versions by pressing arrow button) and stable version of Services Framework Proxy from here. Install them both.
4) Install xposed, install framework via xposed, reboot android. Now go to modules, search for FakeGapps and install it. Activate it and reboot android once again.
5) Launch microG settings. Turn on Google device registration and Google Cloud Messaging. After that you can add your google account either through system settings or play store. After adding google account and launching play market first time it will give an error. Just close play market and launch it again - it should work now.

You're all done! Google account is recognised by FE Heroes and SafetyNet is disabled. 

*The latest microG Services Core preview 0.24-92 seems to have problems with Nox, so you should get the 0.24-81 version instead as of now.

Edited by Deteiri

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aacprime Is there any way to do it with bluestacks? Nox doesn't run on my laptop and I've been getting the error within 10 minutes of entering the app the last three times I've opened it.

Decided to give Nox a try what with all the praise, and I have to say it's a much nicer gui to work with, and root mode is just a simple option which is far more convenient. FE: Heroes works fine on it (same account as the one I used on BlSt) and I've been playing it for about a week now (alongside FF: Brave Exvius), again without ever receiving the error, and without using any extra apps. Also have rooted mode on.

But if aacprime's method guarantees that the error won't show up for anyone that'd be a great solution!

@immatx Does your laptop not meet the requirements? If Bluestacks works then surely Nox should aswell? If you receive an error of some kind we may be able to help you resolve it.

18 hours ago, FangXV said:

@immatx Does your laptop not meet the requirements? If Bluestacks works then surely Nox should aswell? If you receive an error of some kind we may be able to help you resolve it.

It does meet the requirements. As it turns out it was because I had so much clutter on my hard drive it just ran so slow that I though it was frozen. I deleted stuff and it works now, but I haven't tried running Heroes on it yet.

Edit: Heroes runs fine so far on Nox, although it's a little slow. So far I haven't run into the error, I also have root turned on.

Edit2: It took a while but now I'm also getting the error on Nox every 10 minutes or so. This is so frustrating! If I can't fix my phone by tomorrow I don't think I'll be able to do any of the daily quests due to the error message.

Edited by immatx

For the record, I also got accprime's method on my Nox.

Fair warning, using the multiplayer to add a new instance of the emulator copied from your current 'fixed' version doesn't copy over the changes. You'd have to use the xposed installer again (though the module will stay installed), and then remove GmsCore etc., and then reinstall and activate MicroG.

I'd like to point that in the list of apps to delete during step 3 is listed Phonesky, that is pparently a mandatory requirement for MicroG.

Should I keep it? Should I delete it and reinstall it somehow?

18 hours ago, Dark Kain said:

I'd like to point that in the list of apps to delete during step 3 is listed Phonesky, that is pparently a mandatory requirement for MicroG.

Should I keep it? Should I delete it and reinstall it somehow?

I am confused by your statement. Are you saying that Phonesky being present is required to install MicroG? Because it's not, it's necessary to delete it.

Edited by DehNutCase

You don't have to delete Phonesky. It's included in that list because it's possible to replace official play store with "fakestore". If you need play store and want to keep it - just don't remove it. I've edited instruction a bit to clarify that.

Edited by aacprime

I FOUND A WAY TO FIX 803-3001 WITHOUT LOSING YOUR BOOKMARK*

I was just about to start a new summon session when it killed itself on me again. That meant I was gonna lose 5 orbs AND have to wait until I had 4 more orbs to start over, so I wasn't putting up with it, and I figured out a way to get around losing your bookmark.

1. DO NOT DELETE DEVICEACCOUNT.XML! Put it somewhere safe for using it later.
  2. Start up FEHeroes and link your account again like usual, I went ahead and accepted the terms of service after the reset for safety.
  3. Exit the game and open up the new deviceaccount.xml, and replace the "sessiontoken" string with the one from the original deviceaccount.xml that you made sure NOT TO DELETE.
  4. Voila! Tres bien! You can reload your bookmark AND make use of the stamina/orbs/arena swords/light's blessings that you almost wasted on the error!

It was a real lifesafer, too, because right when I got back, I got a 5-star Jaffar and Merric from my summon session. I never thought I would get away with it, but I did! AND YOU CAN TOO!

*Update: I could not replicate the fix after I got the error again, just at the end of a fight this time (in particular, a training tower map). Perhaps it doesn't work for battle bookmarks? I am wondering if maybe there are different "types" of "bookmarks" that the game can continue from; next time I get pulled from the middle of summoning, I might need to see if it asks to delete the bookmark "from another device" or if it works differently. I'm going to keep trying to see which situations allow for the fix and which don't. What I know for sure is that the "deviceAccount" and/or  "devicePassword" strings from the previous deviceaccount.xml will cause the 803-3001. If I can get any response about toying with deviceaccount.xml, it might help.

Edited by KingofCups

On 3/7/2017 at 2:26 PM, aacprime said:

I think I found a solution for some emulators. I'm using Nox and I didn't have any errors for 2 days already.

803-3001 error is caused by Google's SafetyNet. SafetyNet is a part of Google Play Services. So I'd think "hmm, maybe if I just remove those play services and also play market (because play market downloads play services automatically) everything will work just fine".

But nope, after removing these 2 apps I got an error 803-3021. Apparently it happens because FE Heroes checks if there's google account registered on android device. And because I deleted Play Services it can't do it properly for whatever reason.

SO. I found a thing called microG. It's a replacement for official play services. I won't describe here what's the purpose of microG, you can check it by yourself on microG site or on xda.

There's useful feature for us - microG can disable SafetyNet. And so I installed it and, so far, didn't get any errors in FE Heroes whatsoever.

Here's an easy instruction how to install it on your android emulator. Note that I'm using Nox and I can't say if it will work on your emulator. 

0) FIRST OF ALL, remove all your google accounts from android emulator.
1) Get root on Nox. You don't have to download anything, just activate root in Nox settings.
2) Install xposed, install framework via xposed, reboot android. Now go to modules, search for FakeGapps and install it. Activate it and reboot android once again.
3) Go to /system/priv-app with standard file manager and delete all apps listed here, though you can keep Phonesky (aka Play Store) if you want. Also delete updates for Play Services in settings -> apps. Reboot android once again.
4) Now download microG Services Core (get the latest preview) and Services Framework Proxy from here. Install them both.
5) Launch microG. Turn on Google device registration and Google Cloud Messaging. After that you can add your google account either through system settings or play market. After adding google account and launching play market first time it will give an error. Just close play market and launch it again - it should work now.

And that's it. Google account is recognised by FE Heroes and SafetyNet is also disabled. Try it by yourself. Forgive my bad english in first place, this tutorial may look silly because of it.

I did everything you listed here, but when I open up Fire Emblem: Heroes, I get an error that it won't run without Google Play Services. When I go to the microG Self-Check, "Play Services has correct signature" is not checked.

1 hour ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

I did everything you listed here, but when I open up Fire Emblem: Heroes, I get an error that it won't run without Google Play Services. When I go to the microG Self-Check, "Play Services has correct signature" is not checked.

Check once again if you removed GmsCore.apk from /system/priv-app
Be sure that you activated fakegapps module in xposed (tick box).
Go to settings - apps and check if there're original play services being present. Remove them if they're still there.
In the end the list of downloaded apps should look like this (excluding trebuchet): 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-03-15-23-16-50.thumb.png.25569aaba8132a192ab2df5bd0731eb7.png

Edited by aacprime

20 minutes ago, aacprime said:

Be sure that you activated fakegapps module in xposed (tick box).
Go to settings - apps and check if there're original play services being present. Remove them once again if they're still there.
In the end the list of downloaded apps should look like this (excluding trebuchet): 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2017-03-15-23-16-50.thumb.png.25569aaba8132a192ab2df5bd0731eb7.png

*facepalm*, I forgot to turn on the FakeGapps module.

Now it says the game won't run unless I update Google Play services, but I can actually get into the game if I back out after it takes me to the Play Store. Seems like the app thinks I don't have Play Services when I first open it up, but the game still runs in the background.

2 minutes ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

*facepalm*, I forgot to turn on the FakeGapps module.

Now it says the game won't run unless I update Google Play services, but I can actually get into the game if I back out after it takes me to the Play Store. Seems like the app thinks I don't have Play Services when I first open it up, but the game still runs in the background.

Try to remove and add the same google account in settings - accounts and restart android afterwards.
Also, did you use stable Services Core (0.24) or the latest preview (0.24-79)? Because it can matter in this case.
Anyways, I'm glad it works for you.

56 minutes ago, aacprime said:

Try to remove and add the same google account in settings - accounts and restart android afterwards.
Also, did you use stable Services Core (0.24) or the latest preview (0.24-79)? Because it can matter in this case.
Anyways, I'm glad it works for you.

Changing from stable to the latest preview fixed it; didn't think that something that small would have such a big impact. Thanks for the all the help!

I've been messing around with nox for the past couple of days, and I'm still struggling to make FEHeroes work on it. Initially I had the problem that @aacprime had, with the 803-3001 connection errors. So I tried his workaround with microG. This did not stop the error, so I tried deleting the deviceaccount.xml. This did let the game load, and it did allow me to reconnect to the nintendo account I linked it with, but it now just clocks forever after the start menu. There is no error that pops up, it just lets me hit start, and it will show this games version of the clocking wheel. Has anybody had this issue? I've tried looking around but I can't find an answer.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, prinnie said:

I've been messing around with nox for the past couple of days, and I'm still struggling to make FEHeroes work on it. Initially I had the problem that @aacprime had, with the 803-3001 connection errors. So I tried his workaround with microG. This did not stop the error, so I tried deleting the deviceaccount.xml. This did let the game load, and it did allow me to reconnect to the nintendo account I linked it with, but it now just clocks forever after the start menu. There is no error that pops up, it just lets me hit start, and it will show this games version of the clocking wheel. Has anybody had this issue? I've tried looking around but I can't find an answer.  Thanks.

How long did you let it spin for? Since there wasn't an error it might be your computers specs. I know for mine I have to close all of my other applications before the game will run properly, so it might be something like that. Did you get to install the most recent update for Heroes?

7 minutes ago, immatx said:

How long did you let it spin for? Since there wasn't an error it might be your computers specs. I know for mine I have to close all of my other applications before the game will run properly, so it might be something like that. Did you get to install the most recent update for Heroes?

I actually let it run overnight. I don't see how it could be the specs of my computer; it's a desktop that can run games such as civ 6, and I was able to run pokemon go through nox a couple months ago.

I did download the newest version, I first downloaded 1.1.0 and it gave me other problems, but once I got 1.1.1 it was letting me do the prequel missions. It booted me off with the 803-3001 error after the 2nd mission and that's when all the other issues happened. I will try restarting my computer and letting it run without opening chrome (the only other program that was running alongside nox) once I get back from work. 

Edited by prinnie
clarified wording

@prinnie, I can't really understand why is this happening. I had similar problem once - I had endless spinning wheel thingy on my phone, and as I could understand it was caused by lack of vending.apk (apparently, FE Heroes requiers official Play Store being installed).

@Holy8Beast, I didn't have any errors since I set up microg on my emulator 2 weeks ago. That means you somehow caused this error by downloading something/editing some settings. What exactly triggered this problem?

In both cases I'd suggest reinstalling Nox and setting whole microg thing from the beginning.