Aflonse, Shareena and Anna: useless?

SatsumaFSoysoy

It's not looking good for our crew. They all start at 2*, while the lowest possible rarity you can get from gashas are 3*, which means you are guaranteed to get something better than those three straight out of the box. All three of them are relatively weak until they reach at least 4*, too.

Alfonse is probably the shittiest of the three. He's meant to be offense-oriented, but his 5* sword's special effect only triggers when he's below half health, which directly works against his Sol. His Death Blow and the C skill are alright, I suppose, but I don't think it's worth all that effort to get him all the way to 5*, as this week's gashas already have four extremely strong sword characters. Even if you don't get the poster units, there are still useful gems like Eliwood, Corrin and Ryoma, and they're all at least 3*.

Shareena is more support/enemy-phase oriented, but I think she's the best of the three. Speed +3 is unimpressive for a skill, but not getting doubled/doubling is nice. Her 5* weapon is high in Might, and its special effect is always active, unlike her brother's. When fully upgraded, she has an automatic Defense +3 Rally for adjacent allies, an automatic Attack Seal for enemies within two tiles, and a command Rally for Attack +4. The Attack Seal is great for her tanking ability, and she makes her teammates stronger too. I'm not sure what the meta will be like, but I think she can be quite viable as a PvM (player vs monsters) unit. Enemies have more than 4 members later on, making survivability a key concern. The problem is getting her to 5* in the first place. As for Arena PvP, a 4v4 meta probably encourages fast player-phase offense, because of Brave weaponry, perfect accuracy, various offensive skills etc. Your units won't be alive long enough for her support to matter.

Being a blue foot Lancer also means she competes with the likes of Azura. Azura may have paper defenses, but has extremely high Strength (what, base 17 when 5*?), and has the Sapphire Lance 4* and above. The Sapphire Lance makes effective attacks do +10% damage, and the Sapphire Lance+ boosts that to 20%. This makes her a surprisingly effective Red nuker; the downside doesn't matter because she's going to die no matter what if she gets hit by a Green. Her high Speed means she can double really well too, so she can act as a Typeless killer as well. Her offense can rival Shareena's. On top of that, she can Sing, if you don't need her to attack, which imo is a lot more valuable than Shareena's Rally.

Anna, if you ask me, is preferable over Alfonse as an offensive unit. They're both most effective at lower health, but Anna's personal axe's ability is very strong: it's basically the Witch's Warp from Fates. The downside is that it only activates when she's below 40% health. Since she has good Speed, she won't get doubled super often, so she can probably survive a turn against a Red character. Then the fun starts. You can warp her in to finish people off or deal with ranged units, which is an insane freedom when everyone moves two to three squares at a time, often only one because of terrain and obstacles. She also has Vantage, so you can warp her in to protect an ally, and she won't go down without a fight, unless against a ranged unit. Finally, access to Luna helps her surprise attack and Vantage shenanigans a lot, allowing her to one-shot enemies that she otherwise could not.

The bottom line is still the 2* problem. Good luck getting there, and not finding a better unit to use in their places beforehand.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently chewing through the story.  Rallies are really good, which is why Sharena's still on my main team.  I'm securing OHKOs off of them on Raigh.

Alfonse keeps getting slowly weaned off my team since he's unable to keep up :/ I like him, though, I wanted to keep him! Sharena is still being used for rallies, I don't have anyone that's more than a 3 star blue weapon user due to my amazing luck.

As for Anna, I managed to pull a 4 star Nino and a 3 star Arthur, and trained them for a quick bit at the Training Tower.  Both of them have outclassed her by now.  I'm surprised at how much Nino takes care of business, tbh.  I had no idea who she was until today lol.

Well, I got a 5 star Linde once I tried the summoning thing for the first time, and she made the 3 leads irrelevant. 30+ attack and 20+ speed. GG. 

I also managed to get silver units who also over shadowed them too. They got the bench real fast. I'll have to find a  better "rally bot" because I don't feel like training Sharena. 

Alfonse just got outclassed by the other, better heroes I pulled.

Anna hits like a truck, but is about as durable as a Tellius healer, so she ended up getting benched after a while.

Sharena does make for a good rallybot however.

Alfonse is really underwhelming ( bad attack and even worse speed ) and Anna is extremely squishy at times with low power despite using an axe. :/ I benched them both. I'm only keeping Sharena around for Rally Attack ( now I'm trying to get Oboro to learn Rally Defence because Chapter 7 is just vicious >< ).

I don't think we are able to get immediately a good version of them, so they're pretty unique (and look good when you look at their aptitutes), which is why I decided to level Alfonse and Sharena. Sharena is good, she 2S Eliwood, her rally is useful (especially for units like Jeorge), her aptitudes look great. Afonse, on the other hand is pure garbage, he gets doubled by everything and has poor attack. He's quite bulky in both Def and Res, but that's all. No reason to use him over Chrom that does the same job but better (outside of his Res). At least they're fun to use since they make the game harder. Basically I used them by vanity. Do I regret ? Yes, a little bit. When they'll get to 5* however...

My Anna got awful level-ups and had high bases, I'm basically wondering if she's not a Jagen. Her Atk and Spd were fine though, but since she's extremely frail, she cannot double most of the time.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

10 minutes ago, Eckzein@yahoo.com said:

Be sure to click on the fountain at home, than click on the the glowing platinum badge to the right of the "Quests and Missions" Banner, use that to complete your dailies and unlock some nice bonuses.

Uh... Wrong topic?

Likely they'll end up growing better eventually due to plot developments. 

They did it with Mashu/Matthew/My Shoe/Kouhai supreme/Shielder in Fate/Grand Order. She went from a 3* free servant to a 4* in plot. I assume it could be similar to that.

I'm still early on in the game but I've spent most of the orbs on building castles so I guess I'm stuck with them for a while. My Anna and Shareena are holding up pretty well, surprisingly. Alfonse, however, has been benched...

4 hours ago, Ryo said:

I'm still early on in the game but I've spent most of the orbs on building castles so I guess I'm stuck with them for a while. My Anna and Shareena are holding up pretty well, surprisingly. Alfonse, however, has been benched...

off topic, but what are the diff. castles? the first one was exp + 20% but that's the only one i've seen described so far.

Sharena seems the only unit worth advancing to more stars. She gains an aura plus to her rally attack which synergizes perfectly with Tharja's high-lvl weapon ability (every +1 to anything gives her additional +1 damage). Still, i switched her to silver Hana as she has the same rally attack. Hana still doesn't have any aura so overall Sharena should be a very good rally bot. I'll probably pour some resourses into her. But as of now, i have bronze Gunter with a very tasty silver skill (Hone cavalary), so i'm not sure, whom i'll boost first after i get my arena rewards.

Pretty much dropped them as soon as I got 5* Lyn and 3 other units that would be my current team.

5* Lyn and 4* Cordelia just wreck havoc.

3* Cecilia is a bit fragile but she's got 3 move and green magic.

3* Lissa can't fight at all but she provides heals.

I try to use the Heroes Trio (and the starting Matthew) for lore and story purposes, but gameplay wise they just are not up to par with my other characters.

I got the idea to try and level them up to 20 so I can raise their star level, but then I run into the problem of needing all of the special materials in order to advance. Even then, such resources are probably better allocated to "promoting" my other heroes.

In short, I try to use them for their story significance. Otherwise, almost any summonable character will outclass them practically immediately.

I've dropped Alfonse because he was begining to have a difficult time keeping up. Dropped Anna as well because I got lucky with a 4* Beruka. I'm still using Sharena since I like that she has Rally Attack so she still has a use I find. 

12 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's not looking good for our crew. They all start at 2*, while the lowest possible rarity you can get from gashas are 3*, which means you are guaranteed to get something better than those three straight out of the box. All three of them are relatively weak until they reach at least 4*, too.

Alfonse is probably the shittiest of the three. He's meant to be offense-oriented, but his 5* sword's special effect only triggers when he's below half health, which directly works against his Sol. His Death Blow and the C skill are alright, I suppose, but I don't think it's worth all that effort to get him all the way to 5*, as this week's gashas already have four extremely strong sword characters. Even if you don't get the poster units, there are still useful gems like Eliwood, Corrin and Ryoma, and they're all at least 3*.

Shareena is more support/enemy-phase oriented, but I think she's the best of the three. Speed +3 is unimpressive for a skill, but not getting doubled/doubling is nice. Her 5* weapon is high in Might, and its special effect is always active, unlike her brother's. When fully upgraded, she has an automatic Defense +3 Rally for adjacent allies, an automatic Attack Seal for enemies within two tiles, and a command Rally for Attack +4. The Attack Seal is great for her tanking ability, and she makes her teammates stronger too. I'm not sure what the meta will be like, but I think she can be quite viable as a PvM (player vs monsters) unit. Enemies have more than 4 members later on, making survivability a key concern. The problem is getting her to 5* in the first place. As for Arena PvP, a 4v4 meta probably encourages fast player-phase offense, because of Brave weaponry, perfect accuracy, various offensive skills etc. Your units won't be alive long enough for her support to matter.

Being a blue foot Lancer also means she competes with the likes of Azura. Azura may have paper defenses, but has extremely high Strength (what, base 17 when 5*?), and has the Sapphire Lance 4* and above. The Sapphire Lance makes effective attacks do +10% damage, and the Sapphire Lance+ boosts that to 20%. This makes her a surprisingly effective Red nuker; the downside doesn't matter because she's going to die no matter what if she gets hit by a Green. Her high Speed means she can double really well too, so she can act as a Typeless killer as well. Her offense can rival Shareena's. On top of that, she can Sing, if you don't need her to attack, which imo is a lot more valuable than Shareena's Rally.

Anna, if you ask me, is preferable over Alfonse as an offensive unit. They're both most effective at lower health, but Anna's personal axe's ability is very strong: it's basically the Witch's Warp from Fates. The downside is that it only activates when she's below 40% health. Since she has good Speed, she won't get doubled super often, so she can probably survive a turn against a Red character. Then the fun starts. You can warp her in to finish people off or deal with ranged units, which is an insane freedom when everyone moves two to three squares at a time, often only one because of terrain and obstacles. She also has Vantage, so you can warp her in to protect an ally, and she won't go down without a fight, unless against a ranged unit. Finally, access to Luna helps her surprise attack and Vantage shenanigans a lot, allowing her to one-shot enemies that she otherwise could not.

The bottom line is still the 2* problem. Good luck getting there, and not finding a better unit to use in their places beforehand.

Sharena rallies is OP.

Okay... I check through Alphonse skill that he can learn.

He seems pretty good.

I feel like Alphonse and Sharena will be really OP if you managed to unlock their potential to 5 stars. (That's alot of EXP)

27 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Sharena rallies is OP.

He seems pretty good.

I feel like Alphonse and Sharena will be really OP if you managed to unlock their potential to 5 stars. (That's alot of EXP)

Well the thing with Alphonse is that he... well, has some weird combo skills.

Namely the fact he learns both a Sol skill and a skill that lets him do more damage at low HP. Sol activates more.

I've made it my personal mission to get Anna to 5 Stars because, even if she is my least favourite playable version of the character, I wanna use her. Think is, the rank up between 3 to 4 Stars and 4 to 5 Stars is a massive jump. 20 000 Hero Feathers? What the hell, guys? I'll let you know if it was worth it in 2 months once she's 5 Stars. :P

As for Alfonse and Sharena, I really couldn't care any less about them. The only reason I don't find them as forgettable as Libra is because they're plot important, and that's it. I'm not sure I've even used Sharena beyond the one chapter you get her, if at all.

Shareena has trouble getting Res.

Camilla has trouble getting Speed.

Alfonse has a slight better Res growth.

Mages are nerfed now that they cannot attack at one range.

Troubadours can attack now and can debuff people.

Thieves can debuff people now.

No pair ups.

Sol is nerfed now that it only recovers 25% of your health as opposed to 50%.

Mov can go up to 3 spaces.

Elise can now Debuff people. :D

It's now a matter of getting my phone connected and I can begin playing and further analyzing the game in 6 days.

Edited by PuffPuff

2 hours ago, PuffPuff said:

Shareena has trouble getting Res.

Camilla has trouble getting Speed.

Alfonse has a slight better Res growth.

Mages are nerfed now that they cannot attack at one range.

Troubadours can attack now and can debuff people.

Thieves can debuff people now.

No pair ups.

Sol is nerfed now that it only recovers 25% of your health as opposed to 50%.

Mov can go up to 3 spaces.

Elise can now Debuff people. :D

It's now a matter of getting my phone connected and I can begin playing and further analyzing the game in 6 days.

Sol restores 50% of damage dealt, according to its description. If it only recovers 25% it might be a bug?

7 hours ago, geozeldadude said:

off topic, but what are the diff. castles? the first one was exp + 20% but that's the only one i've seen described so far.

Just more EXP until it reaches +100%.

4 hours ago, Ryuke said:

He seems pretty good.

He's really not, when you have swords like the Falchion that self-heals its user every turn and is super effective against Dragons, the Sol Katti which makes the user's double attack a Brave attack instead when below 50% health (same activation condition as Alfonse's sword), and even like, Eliwood's Durandal, which is basically Alfonse's Death Blow for free, and Eliwood is supposed to be a defensive Paladin. All of these characters I've mentioned are already at at least 3*.

Geez I feel weird getting confused with names. Like "Who the hell is Sharena?"

Man, was Sharon not exotic enough for them or something?

Anyways I'm still one of the people that haven't rolled for summons besides the initial stock.

AND I don't have a healer.

I'd say Sharon's attack buff is good for situations like thst.

All three cover the weapon triangle, while Anna has red boost.

The only problem I range, debuffs, and longer battles because no HP regen.

Edited by shadowofchaos