Aflonse, Shareena and Anna: useless?

SatsumaFSoysoy

54 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Geez I feel weird getting confused with names. Like "Who the hell is Sharena?"

Man, was Sharon not exotic enough for them or something?

Anyways I'm still one of the people that haven't rolled for summons besides the initial stock.

AND I don't have a healer.

I'd say Sharon's attack buff is good for situations like thst.

All three cover the weapon triangle, while Anna has red boost.

The only problem I range, debuffs, and longer battles because no HP regen.

I know that feel. Sometimes it takes a while to switch languages in your head.

I don't have a healer either, but Lucina self-heals, and my Setsuna can swap HP with an ally, so they kinda heal each other? lol

Whether or not you need a healer solely depends on matchup, honestly. Sometimes your enemy has stuff that happens to nuke yours, so their fast 4-man attack squad just crushes you. Healers are also a liability in levels against five enemies, unless you somehow have three tanks that can survive really well even when split up.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He's really not, when you have swords like the Falchion that self-heals its user every turn and is super effective against Dragons, the Sol Katti which makes the user's double attack a Brave attack instead when below 50% health (same activation condition as Alfonse's sword), and even like, Eliwood's Durandal, which is basically Alfonse's Death Blow for free, and Eliwood is supposed to be a defensive Paladin. All of these characters I've mentioned are already at at least 3*.

I suppose you do have a good point.

I havent used Eliwood/Lyn/Marth yet. *The luck of the draw*

Anyway. My Alphonse is doing alright given. Death Blow + Rally Attack. (His below 50% health may help) But that's about it

Whoops, I said every turn instead of every 3 turns for Falchion.

My Shareena has reached Level 23 now, and she's struggling against the higher starred units. Even with triangle advantage, she has to take a lot of damage for one kill. Can't wait for the feathers to arrive.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Whoops, I said every turn instead of every 3 turns for Falchion.

My Shareena has reached Level 23 now, and she's struggling against the higher starred units. Even with triangle advantage, she has to take a lot of damage for one kill. Can't wait for the feathers to arrive.

Yeah, I upgraded Anna to 3 Stars, she's at Level 25, and she still finds herself KO'ed more often than I'd like.

2 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

I have Anna in my team since I have mainly all blue characters and needed at least a green or a red person. 

Is there any way to increase their stars? 

Yup, get them to level 20, then spend 200 feathers and 20 emblems of the same color to get them to 3*. Then it's 2000 feathers for 4*, and 20,000 for 5*....

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup, get them to level 20, then spend 200 feathers and 20 emblems of the same color to get them to 3*. Then it's 2000 feathers for 4*, and 20,000 for 5*....

Cool, thanks for the info! I quite like the layout of the mobile game compared to other similar style games! 

I'm currently clearing Lunatic (on chapter 2, hard and normal has all missions beaten).

To answer the topic title, yes. Those 3 are useless for clearing the story or doing anything early on the game. To keep it short, I believe they're "endgame" characters. Those that you can include in level 40/5* teams to do in the Arena and any 40/5* missions that may come from paralogues or whatever but that's only after you've gotten them to 5* rarity because in the end they get access to really good weapons that are 16 MT and have an additional effect. What you should do view them their state screen and check "Skill List" to see what they'll learn and when they'll learn it so you can figure out if they're what you want to have on your 40/5* if you haven't gotten good options from the summoning. Their skill sets basically amount to this:

Alfonse: Wants to be the guy attacking mainly on the player phase to take advantage of Death Blow and Folkvangr's effects by manipulating his HP. Also increases attack of allies adjacent so you'll often want him to attack first and be positioned to buff the rest of your attacking team if necessary.

Sharena: Wants to be support for the team by reducing enemy attack power OR increasing ally attack and increasing defense of those adjacent to her.

Anna: The glass cannon melee ranged nuker (look at Astra which she gets at 4*). Her personal weapon lets her back away to an ally if she's below 40% HP, she has Vantage to kill incoming attacker if or just deal damage before dying. Then they gave her Spur Res because just to keep her "in line" with the adjacent skills the other 2 got.

Of course, the biggest problem is obviously how stupidly long it can take to promote a 4* character to golden.

1 hour ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Of course, the biggest problem is obviously how stupidly long it can take to promote a 4* character to golden.

yeah, i'm really hoping special events, etc. will make it easier to get those damn feathers. :p

3 hours ago, TencentEnthusiast said:

I have a 5* virion because I needed some range on my team. Also potential-ed my alph and shareena to 4* so I could get the extra points in arena. They're not that bad, to be completely honest (except for alph. he really sucks).

wow, you got them to 4* already? how did you get so many feathers? you get them from arena battles, right?

From my experience so far, Al and Anna are terrible, can't kill nothin'. Sharena's actually been quite good; I mostly used her for her rally, but she wound up tanking pretty good during EPa and getting to around 20 without too much babying. Florina's replaced her as my main blue rn but for a 2-star, she's surprisingly usable. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

I'm currently clearing Lunatic (on chapter 2, hard and normal has all missions beaten).

To answer the topic title, yes. Those 3 are useless for clearing the story or doing anything early on the game. To keep it short, I believe they're "endgame" characters. Those that you can include in level 40/5* teams to do in the Arena and any 40/5* missions that may come from paralogues or whatever but that's only after you've gotten them to 5* rarity because in the end they get access to really good weapons that are 16 MT and have an additional effect. What you should do view them their state screen and check "Skill List" to see what they'll learn and when they'll learn it so you can figure out if they're what you want to have on your 40/5* if you haven't gotten good options from the summoning. Their skill sets basically amount to this:

Alfonse: Wants to be the guy attacking mainly on the player phase to take advantage of Death Blow and Folkvangr's effects by manipulating his HP. Also increases attack of allies adjacent so you'll often want him to attack first and be positioned to buff the rest of your attacking team if necessary.

Sharena: Wants to be support for the team by reducing enemy attack power OR increasing ally attack and increasing defense of those adjacent to her.

Anna: The glass cannon melee ranged nuker (look at Astra which she gets at 4*). Her personal weapon lets her back away to an ally if she's below 40% HP, she has Vantage to kill incoming attacker if or just deal damage before dying. Then they gave her Spur Res because just to keep her "in line" with the adjacent skills the other 2 got.

Yeah, at 5*, all three of them are usable. I mentioned it in the OP, but I can definitely see 5* Shareena being a great asset, and if you can get Anna to survive to low health (which is a little bit tough with her defenses but not impossible), she can get in and do work when paired with a mounted or flying attacker to get her where she needs to be.

I pick on Alfonse more because he is a foot Swordsman, a category that is filled to the brim with strong Lords, many of whom undeniably outclass his potential. There's no guarantee that you'll pull any of them, but there's even Ogma, who has admittedly weaker damage, but comes at at least 3*.

I promoted Alphonse to 3-star unit, and he started doing really well for me after I leveled him up. Sharena, for some reason, hasn't been doing as great after I promoted her. Of course, this could just be random.

For me;

Anna; superb speed, but that's about it. Very low defense, which doesn't want you to make her attack and/or get exposed.

Alfonse; very strong at first, but his speed seems to never go up. Super slow, getting doubled by every mage, archer and others. Doesn't have the defense to take this.

Shareena; rally bot. Also better tank then Alfonse. Doesn't attack often, also doesn't have a "special" to make you want too.

I also can't seem to get the hero feathers to gain next ranks. They need 200 for the next, I only have 25...

23 minutes ago, SSJDennis said:

For me;

Anna; superb speed, but that's about it. Very low defense, which doesn't want you to make her attack and/or get exposed.

Alfonse; very strong at first, but his speed seems to never go up. Super slow, getting doubled by every mage, archer and others. Doesn't have the defense to take this.

Shareena; rally bot. Also better tank then Alfonse. Doesn't attack often, also doesn't have a "special" to make you want too.

I also can't seem to get the hero feathers to gain next ranks. They need 200 for the next, I only have 25...

Each 3* you send home net 150 feathers. 

Pick a character you hate and send him back :3

Id personally like to see someone make a challange run where their only characters to play with the whole game are those level 2 units you get at the start. should be interesting to see what strats they do in the game and how they work with team building and no healers to heal them. while terrible it should make for an interesting challange run.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a 5 star Lyn on my first draw and Alfonse was moved to one of my lower tier teams.

Anna is pretty bad. She's still on my main team because my other green units that will surpass her soon enough are in the middle of training. It took me forever to get them.

Sharena is a cool rallybot. Not so good combat-wise. But the Rally Attack is never not useful.

I got 5* Takumi and Lyn back to back on the same pull, and 2 Marths in the next 2 rounds. 

Alfonse lost usability fairly quickly, but Anna and Sharena are holding up, mostly Anna because of Vantage/Astra and Spur Resistance. As for Sharena and Rally Attack, I pulled a 4* Hana and a 3* Raigh... so..... meh. 

Still raising them though, considering that you can't get multiples. And you can't send them home, especially since you're using their home as a base... :mellow: