I: Things to do before you start

II: Things to know

III: Hero Information

IV: Tabs

V: Other things to note

I: Things to do before you start Fire Emblem Heroes:

Spoiler

1.      A Nintendo account is crucial in two different aspects,

a.      The first is to save your progress and go to another device. Many people will complain that they do not have a way to save your progress, think smart and think ahead

b.      The second is to reap benefits. We will go more into this later but the things you get will help speed along your journey.

II: Things to know

Spoiler

2 Currencies

a.      Orbs- How you buy everything you want within the game. Most people use these to summon Heroes

b.      Feathers- Used for unlocking Potential- will be explained later.

2.      2 Costs

a.      Stamina 50/50- What you use to play missions and do other events.

b.      Dueling Swords 3/3- What you use to fight other people in the Arena.

III: Hero Information

1.      Weapon Triangle

Spoiler

a.      Spear(Blue) beats Sword(Red) – Swords (Red) beat Axe (Green) and Axe (Green) beats (Blue). Note that there is a fourth colorless class that does not gain or lose damage bonus’s (Notably these are Ninja’s, Bow users and Healers)

i.     Please note that not all Red’s are Sword’s for example, Mages can be Red as well etc.

ii.     This is just the most common way to say it.

b.      Does not mean that it is an automatic 1 shot or kill.

c.      If you ‘beat’ or have the part of the triangle that is stronger you gain a 20% damage bonus and they lose a 20% damage bonus)

d.      EX: If I have a Sword (Red) and I attack a Axe(Green) Then I do 20% more damage to them and they do 20% Less damage to me.

2.      Hero movement type’s:

Spoiler

a.      There are different types of characters that is important to note because it is how they move around the map.

i.     Flying units- Can move two spaces- Ignores everything such as forests, mountains and rivers. Cannot however go through walls. Takes extra damage from Archers.

ii.     Calvary units- Can move three spaces, cannot go through forests.

iii.     Infantry units- Can move two spaces- However it is slowed by forest areas, sometimes you may only move one unit.

iv.     Armored unit- Can move only one space- Heavily focused on defense.

3.      Hero Stats: These increase as you level your heroes.

Spoiler

a.      Hit Points(HP)-Health- If reaches 0 your hero dies.

b.      Attack(Atk)- Amount of damage you do to a hero

c.      Speed(Spd)- Amount of times you attack the hero. If your hero has above 5 speed of the hero you attack, you attack twice.

d.      Defense(Def)- The amount of damage you reflect or don’t take. More Defense means less damage taken, (PLEASE NOTE Defense is for Physical damage only)

e.      Resistance(Res)- Resistance is the same as damage just Magical attacks.

f.       Skill Points (Sp)- These points you gain my leveling up your hero and/or merging your heroes. These points allow you to gain passives as well as level up your own abilities.

4.      Hero abilities

Spoiler

a.      Weapon: Looks like Two Swords crossed-This weapon allows different styles of attack as well as the amount of damage that is added when you attack someone. These sometimes give you special skills.

b.      Support: Looks like a Shield- These are different things that allow you to support your other heroes. Some of these might be healing while others give buff to other heroes.

c.      Special: Looks like a Moon and Star- These are your special abilities that may change the game, whether it is doing more damage to another healer or giving a bigger heal, these can change the game for better or for worse. Please note that these have a cooldown time before you can use them:

d.      A-B-C

i.     These are the passive abilities. For most character’s, you only get two different passive abilities and They usually correlate with your abilities. (A-Weapon, B-Support C-Special)

5.      Hero Summoning/Orbs

Spoiler

a.      In reality there is only one currency in the game Orbs. When you first start the game, every player starts with a total of 15 blessed orbs. (This is not including Mailbox/ Nintendo rewards.)

b.      DO NOT SUMMON RIGHT AWAY! ALL WILL BE EXPLAINED IN A MOMENT.

i.     You playing for the first time are wondering huh. Orbs are super expensive, 3 orbs costs about $2. Not exactly the bargain I was looking for.

ii.     BUT WAIT! Here are a few tips to get some orbs! Without paying.

1.      If you look at your missions (Home page, bottom right icon.) You can click a sign on the top right that brings you to a rewards page. At this page if you have a linked Nintendo account you get 10 FREE Orbs.

2.      Another way to get orbs is by completing missions. 1 Orb for every mission completed.

c.      Hero Summoning                      

Spoiler

i.     Hero summoning allows for you to gain new heroes. It is the fastest and simplest way to get hero’s,

1.      56% for a 3*

2.      38% for a 4*

3.      3% for a 5*

4.      3* for the focused hero 5*

ii.     When you summon a hero your first summon is worth a total of 5 blessed orbs and goes down in a 5-4-4-4-3 fashion. If you want to summon all 5 Heroes, you need a total of 20 orbs to summon.

iii.     Do not spend your orbs the second you hit 20, try and get a few more so that you can buy more stamina and other items if needed

IV: All Tabs

1.      Home page- The home page is where you will most likely find yourself staring at when playing the game. There really isn’t much to it, but you still need to know what there is.

Spoiler

a.      Top Right - Mailbox

i.     All things you gain as gifts or mission completed will be in the mail box. You always get wonderful rewards from it.

b.      Top Left- Notices

i.     These are all of the in-game notices you need to pay attention to. Most of the time it will give you the updates of what’s going on and what is to come soon in the game.

c.      Bottom Left-Friends list.

i.     These are where you can see your friends and the time that they had been playing.

ii.     You can see what hero’s they have as well as add friends by the ID number they have, (Your ID will be under the magnifying glass tab within the friends menu)

d.      Bottom Right- Missions

i.     These missions are how to get easy rewards within the game that will help you gain different objects such as crystals or Blessed orbs for example.

ii.     There are two sets of missions.

1.      Monthly missions (Within a time period)- Gives you an abundance of different rewards.

2.      Progressive missions (Last an entire year)- Completing the chapters will give you crystals.

iii.     In the missions menu on the top right is where you can claim the free 10 blessed stones as well as using Nintendo points to buy whatever you want.

1.      You have 30 days to claim.

e.      Castle

i.     You can upgrade your castle (This is an XP Boost)

1.      Costs Blessed Orbs- 20% XP Gain per castle!!!!!

2.      Highly recommend it

2.      Battle page- This is where you fight, bleed, cry and feel victorious.

a.      Story Maps                                        

Spoiler

i.     Main Story- This is your usual Main story that gives you a questline and you try to complete it, has cut scenes and the sort.

1.      9 Chapters, 5 parts to a chapter, The Stamina cost per mission increases as you go.

2.      Three levels of challenging.

a.      Normal- Basic difficulty- Starts at level 1. Asks for 2* Heroes minimum

b.      Hard- Medium difficulty- Starts at level 11. Asks for 2* Heroes minimum

c.      Lunatic- Hard difficulty- Starts at level 21. Asks for 3* Heroes minimum

i.     I know, Hard is Medium? What? Deal with it.

ii.     Paralogues

1.      ‘Travel to other worlds and meet Heroes you won’t find anywhere else’

2.      A place to gain heroes

b.      Special maps

Spoiler

i.     This is a place to gain Heroes only within a certain amount of time. Changes Daily.

1.      Level 5 challenge gives you a 2*

2.      Level 15 challenge gives you a 3*

3.      Please note, in order to gain the hero, all of your units must be alive.

c.      Arena Duels-Whats the point if we can’t fight others? Well now ya can!

Spoiler

i.     Every season is one week long and depending on your ranking, you can move up and down in tiers.

ii.     If you have 1 of the 10 bonus heroes than your reward doubles. From the fighting.

iii.     When you choose to battle someone, you can choose three different modes

1.      Beginner

2.      Intermediate

3.      Advanced

iv.     There are two different Medals,

1.      Attack- You initiate the attack- this goes to your Gold medals.  And Attacking Ranking

2.      Defense- When someone attacks you -this goes to your silver Medals and Defense Ranking.

v.     You get 3 dueling swords (The way to fight in the arena) Per day at 11 PM PST. Costs 1 Blessed orb/ Dueling Crest to refill.

d.      Training Tower

Spoiler

i.     You can get XP Shards/Crystals and Potential badges

1.      3* potential badges are before Sixth Stratum

2.      4* Potential badges are after Sixth Stratum

3.      You get a badge every time you initially complete a Stratum

ii.     Fastest way to level up your Hero’s other than fighting.

e.      ???

Spoiler

i.     Who Knows O.O

3.      Allies

a. Edit Teams

Spoiler

i.     This is where you choose what heroes you want on what team.

1.      You can have up to Five teams

2.      Only 4 people per team

3.      You can have a max of 200 Heroes in your Castle

b. Learn Skills

Spoiler

1.      Remember Skill points? (SP) This is where this comes into play

a.      Each Hero when they level have their own individual SP. This is not shared across Heroes and is only specific for the individual Hero.

b.      A certain skill costs SP so choose wisely!

i.     For new players I suggest unlocking every skill first before you pick the ones that you want to upgrade.

c.  Equip Skills

Spoiler

1.      This is where you equip the certain Skill that you want- most of the time people just equip the best skill they have.

d. Level up

Spoiler

1.      You remember those Shards/Crystals from the tower? Everyone is for a certain reason

a.      Red is for Swords

b.      Blue is for Spear

c.      Green is for Axe

d.      Grey/Colorless is for the Miscellaneous Heroes

e.      Yellow is for all

2.      The crystals for the specific class are always used before the yellow crystals.

e. Send Home

Spoiler

1.      This is how you release your heroes. Unlike other games, Heroes do not get eaten, (Well unless your Camilla, watch out for that one)

2.      The Heroes get sent home and in return you get feathers.

3.      Feathers will be explained at Potential

f.  Advanced Growth

1.      Potential

Spoiler

a.      Potential raises the star of your heroes.

b.      Must be at level 20 to do Potential

c.      YOU LOSE THE MERGE BENEFITS! Important to note.

d.      Potential makes your hero go back to level 1 but in the end the rewards are worth it.

e.      You should potential at level 20 and not max level. It goes to the basic stats. Of the next star

2.      Merge

Spoiler

a.      When you merge two of the same hero together you get SP. Easier to upgrade your hero’s skills

4.      Summon

Spoiler

i.     Fastest way to gain new heroes

ii.      Costs 20 for 5 heroes in 5-4-4-4-3 manner

5.      Shop

Spoiler

a.      Self explanatory

i.     Want to lose all your orbs for no apparent reason? You’ve come to the right place.

ii.     In all seriousness though super simple

b.      Purchase Orbs

c.      Upgrade Castle

d.      Restore Stamina

e.      Restore Dueling Swords

f.       Expand Barracks

i.     If you hit the 200 cap limit, you have a problem.

6.      Settings.

Spoiler

a.      Need help? You found it.

b.      Can see Inventory here if you were looking for the bag option.

V: Other things to note

Spoiler

1.      Check your items every so often. It is nice to know the number of crystals/shards and badges you have.

2.      Make sure to do the Special Maps (Daily), it an easy way to get some feathers and it will stack after a while.

3.      Summon in the same Category you focused on. You want a better chance at the same heroes to merge for later.

4.      Make sure to keep upgrading your skills. They do not talk about it in the tutorial and some may forget

5.      Do not forget to claim your ten orbs

6.      There is an auto battle but I do not recommend it. It is lousy and just attacks the first person it sees.

If I have missed anything, please let me know in the comments below and I will edit it as soon as possible. Feedback is appreciated.

Friend ID: 2960100377 Add me @Yand3r3

Edited by Yand3r3

Things to do:

1. Find a nice compromise between the various skins.  Your guide is really hard to read on Night Forest.
2. Add spoiler tags.  I'd do one for every section.

Once I can actually read what you wrote, I'll comment on the actual content.

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Things to do:

1. Find a nice compromise between the various skins.  Your guide is really hard to read on Night Forest.
2. Add spoiler tags.  I'd do one for every section.

Once I can actually read what you wrote, I'll comment on the actual content.

I don't exactly know what you meant by skins, It's my first time posting on here.

35 minutes ago, Yand3r3 said:

I don't exactly know what you meant by skins, It's my first time posting on here.

1. Scroll ALL the way down.
2. Click on Theme at the very bottom.

In general:

1. Your grammar could use some work.  I'd be willing to clean up your grammar if you don't mind me editing the first post.
2. You could probably take some screenshots, annotate them, and use that as a basis.  Screenshots in spoilers, of course!  Here's an example:

Spoiler

TkYaYbp.jpg

Home screen explanation:

Spoiler

This is what you see on the home screen.

1. Your name
2. Total orbs
3. Current stamina, with a timer that shows how long it will take to recover one stamina point
4. Dueling swords
5. Hero Feathers

etc.

You'll want to do a better job with the number font/placement/color - I just slapped everything together with very little thought for aesthetics.  It'll save you a lot of words.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

In general:

1. Your grammar could use some work.  I'd be willing to clean up your grammar if you don't mind me editing the first post.
2. You could probably take some screenshots, annotate them, and use that as a basis.  Screenshots in spoilers, of course!  Here's an example:

Reveal hidden contents

TkYaYbp.jpg

Home screen explanation:

Reveal hidden contents

This is what you see on the home screen.

1. Your name
2. Total orbs
3. Current stamina, with a timer that shows how long it will take to recover one stamina point
4. Dueling swords
5. Hero Feathers

etc.

You'll want to do a better job with the number font/placement/color - I just slapped everything together with very little thought for aesthetics.  It'll save you a lot of words.

You can totally edit it, it's always nice to hang a second pair of eyes. And i'll do the screenshots in the morning. I am afraid I am a little busy the rest of the night.

Just now, Yand3r3 said:

You can totally edit it, it's always nice to hang a second pair of eyes. And i'll do the screenshots in the morning. I am afraid I am a little busy the rest of the night.

I'll wait until you get those screenshots, then.  No use editing if you're going to change stuff!