Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

So in a similar vein to the "I Want To Know One Thing!!" Fates thread, I decided to make a similar thread for Fire Emblem Heroes, since I'm sure many people have a one or a few small questions that they don't want to make a thread for. If any mods think this thread should be pinned, feel free to do so.

Anyways, how are Raigh and Sofia's weapon types handled? I mean, they're dark mages, but since Heroes mainly uses the fire/wind/thunder magic triangle, I'm wondering if dark magic was kept, or if they switched them over to anima magic (and if it's the latter, are they fire? Thunder? Wind?).

Also, how is attacking with healers handled? I've only heard that they have a skill for it, but not much details besides that (like is it magical or physical, what weapon type is their attack considered to be, etc.).

I'm also wanting to ask what weapon type each character uses (since some character weapon choices like Caeda with swords or Frederick with axes greatly deviate from their normal/typical weapon used), but I suppose I'll need to be patient with this question, since that's a lot of data to compile in only the second day of the game's release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Dark Magic falls under the weapon triangle - for example, Raigh's weapon progression is Flux -> Ruin -> new spell thingy.  It's under red.

2. Looks like it's a physical attack for half damage (pending more numbers).  What makes it "good" are the effects tied to the attack (lower movement, invert boons, etc.)

3. MOST characters have the weapon you'd expect.  Caeda/Palla have swords FSR, Raven has an axe, and Corrin's weapon varies by gender. . .as a short list of examples.

Edited by eclipse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like everyone character has a respective class.

Is there a different between Myrmidon and Mercenary. Or in this game. They are the same thing except stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Seems like everyone character has a respective class.

Is there a different between Myrmidon and Mercenary. Or in this game. They are the same thing except stats.

Myrm-type characters more often than not learn Astra, while Mercenary-types get Sol instead. That's really the only differentiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do Characters have set growths, is it tied to rarity, or is it just random?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a character that I've leveled to level 19 and the game says you can "unlock potential" at level 20 but they aren't gaining any more experience. Is this because there's no more "potential" to unlock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way at all to get certain color badges, other than waiting a week?  All I have is colorless badges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Koji said:

I have a character that I've leveled to level 19 and the game says you can "unlock potential" at level 20 but they aren't gaining any more experience. Is this because there's no more "potential" to unlock?

Are you killing level-appropriate enemies? In this game, your Heroes stop gaining EXP when they're a certain threshold above an enemy's level.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is there any way at all to get certain color badges, other than waiting a week?  All I have is colorless badges.

So far as I can tell, the Training Tower gives out badges, but only one kind a day. You'll have to wait for the color you want to be in-stock then grind on the training tower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you just not merge a character with 4 or more stars? I'm never able to, even it its two of the same 4* character or a 3* into a 4*. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Koji said:

I have a character that I've leveled to level 19 and the game says you can "unlock potential" at level 20 but they aren't gaining any more experience. Is this because there's no more "potential" to unlock?

If your character is level 19 and he defeat a level 14 (or 13 and below) he/she will gain 0 exp.

Gaining exp has to be relative to your level (-/+ 5)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Star said:

Can you just not merge a character with 4 or more stars? I'm never able to, even it its two of the same 4* character or a 3* into a 4*. 

i found out why this happened and it's super dumb

you can't merge or lose units that have that little heart icon

you can add it or remove it whenever you want, but there's a setting that starts turned on that automatically gives it to 4 star or above units

you'll have to manually remove it from any units you want to merge

then probably turn that off in the settings cause it sucks

Edited by unique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unique said:

i found out why this happened and ir's super dumb

you can't merge or lose units that have that little heart icon

you can add it or remove it whenever you want, but there's a setting that starts turned on that automatically gives it to 4 star or above units

you'll have to manually remove it from any units you want to merge

then probably turn that off in the settings cause it sucks

Oh my god, that's super ridiculous lol. Thanks so much!

Why on earth would they make that a default option? It makes merging confusing. It's a nice feature to not be able to merge favorited characters to prevent any accidents, but they really didn't make this very clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Star said:

Oh my god, that's super ridiculous lol. Thanks so much!

Why on earth would they make that a default option? It makes merging confusing. It's a nice feature to not be able to merge favorited characters to prevent any accidents, but they really didn't make this very clear.

I'm a little glad they have that there, so I don't accidentally merge the wrong one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i havent drawn a 5 star ranked hero yet. but i do see the rankings for obtaining is going up. my question is... when you draw that 5 star hero ( or 5 star focused hero) how much of the percentage goes down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when you run out of story battles? I have 4 maps left to go on Chapter 9 normal, and I cleared up to Chapter 5 on Hard Mode. Is there any other way to earn orbs, or are you stuck with forking over cash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give Lunatic a whirl.  Once you're done with all the story chapters, it's a matter of waiting, whether it be login bonuses.  For now.  The game's been out for about 24 hours, so who knows what the future has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what the 5th zone in the bottom right corner of the battle map menu is?

Also, there are no paralogue maps yet, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Give Lunatic a whirl.  Once you're done with all the story chapters, it's a matter of waiting, whether it be login bonuses.  For now.  The game's been out for about 24 hours, so who knows what the future has.

True. I don't mind working to earn more orbs, I just don't want to be forced to pay for them.

Edited by Leif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does terrain like trees give defensive bonuses or does it just slow movement?

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

True. I don't mind working to earn more orbs, I just don't want to be forced to pay for orbs.

I think you get a couple a day, and certain missions give them as bonuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certain missions provide orbs as rewards? Where they at?

Also: units don't max out at level 20, right? But you can upgrade them by a star point once they reach level 20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Certain missions provide orbs as rewards? Where they at?

Also: units don't max out at level 20, right? But you can upgrade them by a star point once they reach level 20?

The Hard February Quest KO Lvl 20+ Infantry Foes gave 3 Orbs for a reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does anyone know what the 5th zone in the bottom right corner of the battle map menu is?

Also, there are no paralogue maps yet, right?

No idea, probably event maps?
No paralogues yet, indeed.

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does terrain like trees give defensive bonuses or does it just slow movement?

Trees only slow movement (cost a full turn for infantry to enter) and prevent cavalry from entering.

8 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Also: units don't max out at level 20, right? But you can upgrade them by a star point once they reach level 20?

Max level is 40, and yes, you can upgrade their stars by spending badges and feathers at 20+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

When you upgrade a unit's star rating, do they maintain their level, SP, and/or learned skills?

Level goes down to 1, stats go down to lvl1 bases for that rating, SP and skills stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...